Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion

Jul 6, 2015 10:05 AM

I've gotten the post-anime-blues after finishing this great show :P

Jul 20, 2015 2:52 PM
Question: Do you all truly believe she truly gone, cause in my heart I feel that I've seen too much of this series to put 100% of my heart into the fact.

Aug 7, 2015 5:30 AM

This anime is actually pretty average and generic. I mean there's a lot of cliché, especially mecha cliché in it, like; boy founds girl inside a capsule (garbage box in this case), boy falls for girl, turns out to be that girl is some sort of alien princess/superior being/someone, with super powers etc.. The transition between over the top action, comedy and drama is really bad in this. The use of characters as plot device is also terrible and predictable as Code Geass and AOT.

Idk, I am not really a fan of this anime. 2/10 for me, shit tier but not forgettable (maybe because of how cliché it is).

Aug 9, 2015 6:20 AM

Hisoka

Aug 21, 2015 7:55 PM

dajayman said:
Something has been gnawing at me for a while.

I really love the music of TTGL. But there is one piece of music I want to add to my collection that isn't part of the OST. This music is a version of Libera Me From Hell, a somber version of it. The only times it I believe it plays is at the very beginning of this episode when the Anti-Spiral is interrogating Nia and when they are trapped in the Death Spiral Machine and they discover the previous Spiral warriors who came before them (right before Simon decides to head to the DSM's center).

Does anybody know what this song is called and where I can possibly download an mp3 of it? I'd GREATLY appreciate any help in this.

A bump for a post I had a long time ago, but I'll try to see if somebody has it now since I still to this day would enjoy having this song as my own.

Sep 5, 2015 4:32 AM
TrigT said:
GalacticTire said:
Nia died... holy fuck am I butthurt right now.

My butthurt lasted for a while. Some of the butthurt remains still lie within me. The butthurt for me would of been remedied if Simon and Yoko ended up after after a short timeskip. I tell myself that they probably banged during the timeskip.

The anime tried too hard to create a depressing ending. What you said is probably what would have happened if Genimax even tried to make a proper ending. Nia is one thing, but Yoko only had one fleeting romance and one that seemed one sided (from the guys perspective). Pretty silly that she becomes a loner for life.

Sep 5, 2015 9:24 PM

Bad luck Simon :'(
My condolance for you.

Sep 7, 2015 3:30 PM
RIP Nia.

Sep 8, 2015 4:57 AM

This was one of the worst anime I've watched. And it saddens me to know anime like this are well received. This is why anime isn't taken seriously.

Note to people who claim this is fun for being "over the top".

This is not how it's done. Over the top is showing something creatively bizarre, crazy and cool.

Having dumb explosions over and over is not over the top, it's just stupidity.

2/5 for the episode
3/10 for the anime.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 29, 2015 1:36 PM

Sep 12, 2015 8:08 PM

Probably one of my favourite shows so far. Shame about Nia though, so sad.

Sep 26, 2015 6:17 PM

So how are they going to prevent the Nemesis thing by going out into space?

This show was alright. I thought it would be more deep, but I guess a theme that I liked was "no one can stop your growth except yourself". Well, that's pretty much present in every shounen anime, just over the top battles. I feel like this anime is like a dream. A dream where you can imagine stuff to happen and it happens. No limits whatsoever. I do like craziness in an anime, but you end up knowing that there's going to be a definite victory. 7/10

Sep 30, 2015 6:18 AM
MistyBlue said:
So how are they going to prevent the Nemesis thing by going out into space?

This show was alright. I thought it would be more deep, but I guess a theme that I liked was "no one can stop your growth except yourself". Well, that's pretty much present in every shounen anime, just over the top battles. I feel like this anime is like a dream. A dream where you can imagine stuff to happen and it happens. No limits whatsoever. I do like craziness in an anime, but you end up knowing that there's going to be a definite victory. 7/10

I have similar thoughts. It was above average, but outside of the animation there wasn't much special. The themes are explored at a fairly shallow level, which is really as far as they can go in a world where they can defeat anything as long as they believe they can. I'd be more impressed with the show if I was 10-12 years old, back when I was into DBZ and Zoids: Chaotic Century. Oh well, wasted potential.

Oct 23, 2015 4:22 PM

Spectacular ending to a spectacular show.
The journey of Simon the Digger, from the earth to the stars is quite something.

Gutted that he didnt get his happy ending but seeing everyone else's happy ending and Simon as a content wandering soul made it amazingly bittersweet.

I didn't cry though, I mean WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!

Oct 25, 2015 7:39 AM

Reached the end of a great journey. What a finale! The mech battle was epic! I mean galaxies everywhere saw that battle. I really felt bad for Nia but at least Simon was aware of what Victory would cost him. Seriously some great battles!
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.

Nov 2, 2015 12:04 PM
Otherworldly

Probably the best last episode anime i seen so far

Nov 22, 2015 3:11 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS WAS AWESOME !!!

12/10

When I said that there would be Universe-sized ganmen during last episode I wasn't that wrong in the end

Plus the scene after the ending, almost cried

This show => 11/10

Nov 26, 2015 12:47 PM

So that was the infamous TTGL every anime fan should at least have heard of. I have to say my expectations were not quite met. It started off strong with a very enjoyable first half. But the second half was pretty boring, though it got a bit better in the end. 7/10 too overhyped for me.

Nov 26, 2015 2:02 PM
I cant understan why it ends like that .. lol.. OMG

Nov 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Can't say that was a satisfying ending. And the last fight wasn't the best as well. But I'm the most disappointed that the opening sequence from the 1st episode never happened (so misleading)
That was a good show with a lot of epic moments, but not something I'd want to rewatch. 8-8.5

Dec 24, 2015 2:42 AM

accela said:
for real!!!

i think i said "HOLY SHIT" like at least once every other minute after the recap.

Holy shit, same for me too XD

what a nice awsome amazing badass ride!!!. it's been a while since i enjoy anime this much. the first cour was very good but the second cour was beyond good or even amazing. the scale is too fucking big and i really like it dammit!!!!!!!!!!. i give it 9/10 or more like 9.5/10. 0.5 is for the scale of the fight. that was too fucking amazing. i really love the scale of the fight in this anime. they even involve big bang theory in this fucking show, there was even something bigger that bigbang. man, i really like that one. this is too badass. this is the first fuckking badass mecha i have ever seen in my life. the story plot was amazing same with the action and soundtrack and character too. this vibe almost similiar to kill la kill tbh, but to me, it was on the same level to kill la kill.

i don't know who make this badass anime, but seriously...
thank you so much for that badass amazing awsome cool and enjoyable fucking show :D.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM ?!"
Modified by YizelTro, Dec 24, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 21, 2016 9:44 PM

Silver_Noir said:
Bad luck Simon :'(
My condolance for you.

Simon deserve better life, than become wandering hobo
It's ridiculous we don't know about the third sister story lol, while kinon maybe married to roshio.

Jan 22, 2016 4:12 PM

Wow, when you understand the fractal toroidal(and spiralled/helixed) basis of the universe at all scales (torus is essentially a spiral manifold), and the apparent peaks and troughs of human civilization, as well as the redundancy crisis in modern physics: there's a hell of a lot more to get out of this story. I've watched this a few times over now, but this rewatch i oddly saw a lot more intellectual value in it than i first noticed (which was already oddly high for how ridiculous this show is presented).

A beneficial way to look at this show, is a bizarre philosophical analogy of humanity's presence in the universe.As well as many other messages on a societal and personal level. Uptight society only preserves redundancy and unhappiness.
Modified by GenesisAria, Jan 22, 2016 5:14 PM
❀桜舞う空~        @ping me for anime clarifications.        CosmoGenesis Project

Jan 25, 2016 8:21 PM
Can someone explain to me how Nia "died". Nia is the daughter of a spiral king who was still human in the end. When he died he died like a human. So why did Nia die after the anti-spirals were destroyed? She was the daughter of a spiral, a human for the most part.

Jan 26, 2016 11:58 AM

Nia was created by the anti-spiral as a blank-sheet probe, probably as a kind of consort for Spiral King, whom end up being discarded "daughters". Without anti-spiral, then for whatever reason they needed to be present to maintain her holographic existence, was no longer there and she poof.
❀桜舞う空~        @ping me for anime clarifications.        CosmoGenesis Project

Feb 2, 2016 2:41 PM

God... (╥_╥)
Wasn't expecting such ending.. what a surprise. It almost killed me.. Cried like a little baby.. So overwhelming..
Can't even make a full sentence and explain everything properly.. =_=

Feb 3, 2016 2:20 PM

For some reason, I had a bad feeling poor Nia was going to die with the Anti-Spiral. Lo and behold, it came true. WHY?? T_T

That said, this final episode did a great job of evoking the full range of emotions, from awe-inspiring, to humorous, to tear-jerking. Just a fantastic conclusion to a fantastic series.

TTGL is easily the best pure action anime I have seen to date. The only real downside for me is literally the 4th episode. Never would've thought a series consisting of sheer madness would have me this invested. 9/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 13, 2016 11:27 AM

I feel like this show had a lot of potenial that wasn't realized because the creators limited themselfs because of things they just couldn't settle for or let go, or this poor execution is the result of laziness. Either way, this anime was average, with a few positive things, so I gave it a 6, cause in the end it was just ok. Nothing more nothing less.

Feb 14, 2016 1:02 AM
Honestly I get why it ended the day it did, I was just bummed. Both of the love interests Yoko had died. And after everything they went through Simon and Nia didn't really get to be together for some dumb reason. I felt like Simon deserved to be happy after all that shit :(

Feb 19, 2016 2:38 PM

Woah....

Just finished Lagann and I am simply shellshocked

There's simply so much that happened from the months I've spented watching this show. From the first episode to the last, it's been one exciting ride and I have to say it's easily in my top 5 of all time.

Feb 22, 2016 12:04 PM

Coco ji can talk! D:

Nia... ;_;

I liked the timeskip in the end. So awesome.

Great series. At first, I didn't like the 2nd arc too much, but it was awesome in the end.

Mar 25, 2016 11:59 PM

Wow I just have so much to say lol. First I have never in my life been so disappointed with a series. This is the first time ever that I have said "how on earth is this popular" usually I defend popular series when people hate on them saying they are bad when they are popular. I always say they are popular for a reason.
But this...I feel so bad saying this but I have never been so tempted to drop a series ever. It wasn't THAT bad but it was hard to finish because the episodes felt like they lasted hours..which mean I really wasn't enjoying it.
I didn't hate it. I did enjoy it. But I seriously can't believe this is the popular show so many people love.
I was hoping for an amazing ending to make up for everything but it was just really depressing which made me like it even less.
I'm just so in shock that I didn't really like it. I've never dropped a series and I love super popular series and super unpopular series. And so far this was the hardest to get through of all the anime I've watched. I did really love yoko I think she's awesome.
But man I've never been so disappointed. 6/10. And I think I've only give a 6 like twice.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

Mar 31, 2016 12:28 PM

Wow, what a great end to this series...
Couldn't have been executed better considering the budget.
It achieved what it needed to achieve. Awesome robot fighting and action.
This series is just full of energy which is great.

Apr 17, 2016 10:22 AM

After 9 years, I decided to randomly rewatch the last episode.

It really aged well.

Apr 27, 2016 6:14 PM

Epic ending, I knew it would be epic Haha, Great Ending and Excellent Episode.

My Evaluation: I wanted to divided my rating for the two halves, but after i watched the second half it revealed a lot from the first half that i decided to rate it all together.

Animation: Excellent fluid movements, great visual effects and very nice work generally on visualizing different effects each scene. (10)

Art: I was about to give it 8 here, then decided it should be 9, and by the last three episodes it is without any doubt a 10. Great use of colors, fitting character design, special and unique, detailed art. (10)

Sounds: Great effects, great voice acting, good OST. (8)

Story: Although it was beyond logic, it was really amazing, I loved it it has a lot of creativity in it. The pacing is very good, the content of the story was really impressive It has a lot of good stuff, such as (The evolution of humanity towards the start of the second half, or the Galaxy energy stuff last episodes, or society and human nature at the first episodes) -2 for all the illogical stuff, and -1 for being predictable. But also +1 as a bonus for those philosophical values. (8)

Characters: GREAT, Kamina with a very little screen time manages to do all this, the development of Simon is pretty amazing, Viral, Yoko, Nia. all were awesome and i liked them all, side characters were pretty good too. (9)

Enjoyment: It is so damn epic. (10)

Value: Innovative and creative enough. (8)

Overall: Very enjoyable series, very great mecha, If you judge it based on what it tries to achieve it is pretty amazing anime to be honest, An Epic anime that really deserves its praise.

My Final Rating: 9.3/10

Welcome to my favorites I guess :P (maybe for a short time lol)

Apr 28, 2016 10:49 AM
What a shiet anime, couldn't see clearly with all those tears in my eyes.

May 12, 2016 7:14 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Really impressed with how great this become during the last 10 episodes.

Pre-timeskip=6/10.
Post-timeskip=8-9/10
Overall=7.5/10.

May 13, 2016 6:09 PM

I was happy for everyone but I couldn't help but be sad about what happened at the same time, my emotions were in a battle of their own.

May 17, 2016 8:07 AM

Wow what a horrible ending, except for Viral all the good characters died. And why do I have to see them old? That's not touching, just depressing. The time skip was totally unnecessary. 0/10

May 17, 2016 11:21 AM

pkKodama said:
Wow what a horrible ending, except for Viral all the good characters died. And why do I have to see them old? That's not touching, just depressing. The time skip was totally unnecessary. 0/10

I think that was done to show that the world doesn't stop just because their story is over. That there is a new generation that has to take up the mantel of protecting the world. I thought it was a great ending to a phenomenal anime.

Jun 6, 2016 3:05 AM

Ahhh man one of the best things I have ever watched, it was some ride seeing simon go from small time digger to hero of the universe. I don't know if I can ever find something like it again.

Jun 12, 2016 7:40 AM

Just rewatched the show for the first time since 2007. It doesn't make me drop my jaw like it used to, but I think that's just because I know what would happen and when. The sad parts made me tear up like before though. I had forgotten how much heart this show had, much much more than KLK for example.

What's with people whining about Yoko and Simon ending up alone? Have you all been raised by nothing but Hollywood happy endings? These kinds of bittersweet endings are the best imo; every character got the end that suited their personality and their choices best. Rossiu fit the leader role well so he continued it, Viral got to meet new space races to satisfy his curiosity as a diplomat, Yoko was probably done with love after Kamina died (I do think she had some feelings for Kittan, but she wouldn't have approached him unless he approached her. And all she did was give a hug to a man about to kamikaze himself, otherwise she remained loyal to Kamina.) so she continued in a comfy job to the end of her days, and Simon just left to live alone after Nia's passing (she was like 'the one' for him I think, so no-one else could've replaced her.). Hobo's life doesn't have to be lonely suffering either; he just probably had to leave all his possessions and friends behind to clear his head. To live for himself and himself only, for the first time since his childhood in Jeeha Village.

Jun 12, 2016 8:04 AM

Best show. Best ending. Best everything.

Jun 16, 2016 6:04 AM
I'm not into Mecha anime to be honest.
I didn't like the art of the anime. But my friend insisted that I've to watch it.
I once saw SImon on a "Most tragic anime characters" list but even at ep 26 I was wondering "How the hell is this person tragic ?"
But Nia .. Nia did the job ...

What an final episode !

Viral & Lord Genom were epic.

I started to like Rosshiu (Just a little bit)

And I'm still asking : Why did Kitan had to die ? he was another epic character. I wish Rosshiu died instead.

A good anime, I've never felt that intense long time ago :)

Jun 16, 2016 1:32 PM
Это просто офигительно, без лишних слов.

Jun 21, 2016 4:31 AM

it was AWESOME.
the first episode actually made me watched this non stop till the end. 1-16 for me was the best moments (IMO) . emotions , over-the-top action and speeches are just really cool.

17-27 was great (many people said ti was better), but i really liked the earth-bound story of episode 1-16 better than the "second half"

overall it was great but somehow my feelings are mixed after finishing the series.
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Jul 6, 2016 10:43 AM

Gah. Just finished, going to go through extreme withdrawal now. I was *not* amused when a happy ending was snatched from Simon's grasp, quite literally.. the mega ass-pull of making Nia the Anti-Spiral Messenger of all people became even more annoying. Sigh.

The fight sequence was trippy as hell. Galaxies being tossed, universes being birthed and whatnot. This show really defines OTT.

One thing that struck me, though, was the final exchange between Anti-Spiral representative and Simon: "If this is how it must be, protect the Universe at all costs." "Of course we will. Humanity isn't that stupid."

But it is. It really, really is. You can't even rely on it to consider the safety of its home planet over its greed. Blind and reckless ambition leads to a host of problems. Throughout the fight, I couldn't help but feel some sympathy for the Anti-spiral race.

And oh: THE PROLOGUE WAS A LIE.

Jul 15, 2016 5:13 AM
Masterpiece, even though I don't really understand the ending, why Simon is considering himself as nobody, I found it a little bit sad ! Anyway, I don't know why I waited this long to finish this anime !
Modified by Rilvo, Jul 15, 2016 5:35 AM

Jul 24, 2016 2:11 AM
amazing ending. now one of my favorite animes.

Jul 30, 2016 8:27 AM

What the actual fuck was that ending sequence. It made me feel even worse for simon.

Nia....my sweet nia. I'm salty

Aug 22, 2016 3:44 AM
FUCK. DAMMIT. NOOO.

I am actually starting to like Nia just a bit. I still want an alternate setting where Simon and Yoko find together. They'd be a much better match in my honest opinion. Here's why…

Well sum up from spoiler above:

When Kamina is dead. And Simon has feelings for Yoko.
WHY THE FUCK INTRODUCE A NEW CHARACTER WITH THE ONLY PURPOSE TO STEAL SIMON FROM YOKO???

Please. If any one shared my opinion about Nia x Simon romance was too random, and Simon x Yoko romance was missed, please, PLEASE, do hit me up.

But anyway. Very good series.
Very good = 8/10 (for now, I tend to change opinion over time)

Pages (21) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »