3It was OK
2.1%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
47 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2008 3:33 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Oscar, Now is the Time to Flee the Nest"

(synopsis courtesy of Wikipedia)

Jarjeyes v. Jarjeyes?!

Oscar narrowly averts another disaster, probably a massacre. But she herself is only saved by Antoinette's intervention. I'm sure Papa Jarjeyes had every intention of sending everyone in there to the grave, including himself.

Alain & the other 11 soldiers are "royally" screwed (I know, "Boo!") & its up to Oscar to pull some strings & work out an ingenious plan. Who would have thought that Bernard & Robespierre would become such good allies? Too bad the murderous St. Just is privy to the plan as well. I like his mask (Vega? is that you?), but isn't putting something like that on a little obvious. It just screams, "I am going to kill someone!" Guess it isn't because no in the crowd notices, or gives a d@mn when he REPEATEDLY tries to stab some cold metal death into Oscar.

Everything hinges on the wishy~washy king's decision on whether he's going to turn this into a massacre, or do something non-inflamitory for the first time in awhile. Thank goodness Antoinette has a cool head & again saves Oscar. Antoinette making good decisions and having a cool head? Never thought I'd say that after watching the first 20+ eps. :-)
Dec 1, 2008 2:50 AM
Nov 2007
DonKangolJones said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Oscar, Now is the Time to Flee the Nest"

(synopsis courtesy of Wikipedia)

Jarjeyes v. Jarjeyes?!

Oscar narrowly averts another disaster, probably a massacre. But she herself is only saved by Antoinette's intervention. I'm sure Papa Jarjeyes had every intention of sending everyone in there to the grave, including himself.

Alain & the other 11 soldiers are "royally" screwed (I know, "Boo!") & its up to Oscar to pull some strings & work out an ingenious plan. Who would have thought that Bernard & Robespierre would become such good allies? Too bad the murderous St. Just is privy to the plan as well. I like his mask (Vega? is that you?), but isn't putting something like that on a little obvious. It just screams, "I am going to kill someone!" Guess it isn't because no in the crowd notices, or gives a d@mn when he REPEATEDLY tries to stab some cold metal death into Oscar.

Everything hinges on the wishy~washy king's decision on whether he's going to turn this into a massacre, or do something non-inflamitory for the first time in awhile. Thank goodness Antoinette has a cool head & again saves Oscar. Antoinette making good decisions and having a cool head? Never thought I'd say that after watching the first 20+ eps. :-)

On the contrary, I'd say every decision Antoinette has made in the last few episodes has sealed her fate. Man, just happen already, French Revolution!
May 19, 2009 11:08 PM

May 2007
As long as Antoinette doesn't mention cake she should be good.

Great episode, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, I can't wait to see how far this show goes, will it touch the Reign of Terror?
My anime list
May 30, 2009 6:04 PM

May 2008
Wow the King's really incompetent.

Should be really awkward around the Jarjeyes house now since Oscar's father tried to kill her and all XD
Sep 25, 2011 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
Everytime her father appears I hate him more...

But it was good to see those soldiers being set free, I'm kinda attached to Alain and his bunch by now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 22, 2013 4:26 AM

Sep 2010
That was an intense moment when Oscar's father was tying to kill her and Andre.

Glad Oscar's men were not executed I love Alain he is a total bro it would be a shame if he were to die like that.

The King is such a tool Marie had to step in and get shit done.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 28, 2013 11:43 PM

Jul 2008
MagEarwhig said:
Wow the King's really incompetent.

Should be really awkward around the Jarjeyes house now since Oscar's father tried to kill her and all XD

He's been incompetent from the get go. So focused on lock making his whole life, he has no will of his own and solely influenced by the corrupt nobles who only want to line their pockets.

And Oscar's father is just as much of an idiot. Too obsessed with status and appearances. At least Oscar has woken up.
Oct 8, 2014 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
So Oscar's father really almost killed both Oscar and Andre...wow. The guy really is just a puppet.
Mar 10, 2015 8:26 PM

Apr 2014
poor Marie, I was starting to like her a little these past few episodes. she finally matured, but it's way too late.

well....bring on the Revolution!!!!!!!!!!

oh god I really hope that Oscar just had a casual cough of blood and it's nothing serious....oh who am I kidding, it's going to come back most likely ;(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Man this episode was intense.
Jan 10, 2016 3:38 PM
Nov 2014
Wtf, Oscar's father went mental in this episode. Insane stuff, only 5 episodes remaining....
Jul 11, 2017 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
Oscar's father triggers me so hard, this man q_q
Sep 18, 2017 3:15 AM
Sep 2017
I love how Andre would give his life for Oscar what he says to her Father: "How could a "Stranger" (The King) decide whom I love? Kill me first as I couldn't bear to see the death of my love even for a minute." What a man!!!
Sep 26, 2017 11:18 PM
May 2012
only 5 episodes left. how will this go?
Dec 14, 2017 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Just a small victory before the upcoming storm.

Very nice episode again, this show is way too addicting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2018 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
As usual the queen had to intervene to get shit done lol
Jan 6, 2018 4:16 PM
Nov 2010
The plan and how it was executed didn't seem to go too well together, as it'd be weird if Oscar asked for the prisoners to be freed for their service when they're exactly the reason provided for the protests.

André wanting to die before Oscar so he doesn't see her die is nice and all but it doesn't make it that Oscar would not see him die instead. Does he think so little of her feelings?

It seems like Oscar's father and the guy who just tried to assassinate Oscar in this episode will stay as they are right now in terms of their character, which I'm not too satisfied with. The anime makes their decisions seem too quick for no good reason.
Apr 28, 2018 3:21 PM
Jan 2018
Que bela comfissão de André!!!! Aaahh Meu menino André!
Pensei que ia ser a tomada da bastilha nesse episodio.
Jan 7, 2020 3:45 AM
Sep 2013
Nothing quite like your daughter defying the state, besmirching the family name and then the stable boy storming in threatening to kill you then elope with said traitor daughter XD finally, bring on the chaos!
Sep 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
King really is useless on his own even though he is the one responsible for the country. Seems like the Queen Marie is the one making the good decisions nobody else makes because of their dumb pride as nobles, kinda good to know since in the past she made bad decisions

Feb 18, 2021 6:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The king is an absolute lightweight. His advisers, the queen, the nobles, everyone it seems decides more than him. Marie Antoinette was a boss there at the end.

I hope Saint Just dies before the end. What a nasty, aggressive man. The contrary of Andre who is an absolute gem of a man.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 4, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2018
This is why capricious child was ruling the country , King is totally stupid and just a puppet of the elite.
I hate everyone equally
Apr 2, 2021 10:59 PM

Aug 2018
Oscar's dad was actually gonna kill her huh

Nice to see the 12 soldiers get released!

Mar 30, 2022 9:00 PM

Dec 2021
I forgot what I was going to say about this episode specifically, so I'll instead point at one of the very few animation errors I spotted in this entire anime, where at 5:18 to 5:25 in this episode, one of the people outside the assembly hall is blue.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jul 17, 2022 5:38 PM
Apr 2015
Daviljoe193 said:
I forgot what I was going to say about this episode specifically, so I'll instead point at one of the very few animation errors I spotted in this entire anime, where at 5:18 to 5:25 in this episode, one of the people outside the assembly hall is blue.

Sorry for my late reply. That's actually an Easter egg. I remember reading on LadyOscar forum that he was a real historical character. His skin turned blue / green due to a sickness.
Nov 17, 2022 8:36 PM

Apr 2016
Everything is starting to crumble and the episode was very tense but Sain Just's scenes made laugh a little bit, he's all about murdering someone.
Dec 2, 2022 5:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
12 men, another stone in this blood way!!! kekeke
Jan 23, 2023 6:42 PM
Oct 2022
kinda wish this wildly exciting action drama started a bit sooner in the series, but sheeesh what a wild ride getting to this point. This series is so fckin good in so many ways.
Jun 3, 2023 10:51 PM

Jan 2021
Oh. Marie finally used her Queen's power for something good and useful, for the first time.

But really, really... the moment when Andre gave up his life to be killed first just blew me away. Like, it was love. The feeling that Andre felt was something that absolutely, definitely, fully and completely deserved to be called love. It may have been dramatic but I was speechless and mesmerized by that moment. There was no one like Andre there. That's your Andre, Oscar. Kimi no Andre~ (I keep remembering "watashi no Andre!" like damnnn I loved it so much lol)

Aside from the romance, I'm looking forward to how the riot will unfold in the near future. How chaotic and rowdy will it be? And what will happen to Saint-Just? He is a terrorist who needs to be exterminated.

Dec 8, 2023 3:07 AM

Apr 2017
Marie did something good, but it's still too little too late.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 19, 2009

41 by Natt_5cents »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 32 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Nov 30, 2008

48 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

24 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 16 Discussion

MagEarwhig - May 26, 2009

33 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 15 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Oct 19, 2008

42 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.