Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rose of Versailles Episode 35 Discussion

Nov 30, 2008 3:33 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Oscar, Now is the Time to Flee the Nest"

(synopsis courtesy of Wikipedia)

Jarjeyes v. Jarjeyes?!

Oscar narrowly averts another disaster, probably a massacre. But she herself is only saved by Antoinette's intervention. I'm sure Papa Jarjeyes had every intention of sending everyone in there to the grave, including himself.

Alain & the other 11 soldiers are "royally" screwed (I know, "Boo!") & its up to Oscar to pull some strings & work out an ingenious plan. Who would have thought that Bernard & Robespierre would become such good allies? Too bad the murderous St. Just is privy to the plan as well. I like his mask (Vega? is that you?), but isn't putting something like that on a little obvious. It just screams, "I am going to kill someone!" Guess it isn't because no in the crowd notices, or gives a d@mn when he REPEATEDLY tries to stab some cold metal death into Oscar.

Everything hinges on the wishy~washy king's decision on whether he's going to turn this into a massacre, or do something non-inflamitory for the first time in awhile. Thank goodness Antoinette has a cool head & again saves Oscar. Antoinette making good decisions and having a cool head? Never thought I'd say that after watching the first 20+ eps. :-)

Dec 1, 2008 2:50 AM
DonKangolJones said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Oscar, Now is the Time to Flee the Nest"

(synopsis courtesy of Wikipedia)

Jarjeyes v. Jarjeyes?!

Oscar narrowly averts another disaster, probably a massacre. But she herself is only saved by Antoinette's intervention. I'm sure Papa Jarjeyes had every intention of sending everyone in there to the grave, including himself.

Alain & the other 11 soldiers are "royally" screwed (I know, "Boo!") & its up to Oscar to pull some strings & work out an ingenious plan. Who would have thought that Bernard & Robespierre would become such good allies? Too bad the murderous St. Just is privy to the plan as well. I like his mask (Vega? is that you?), but isn't putting something like that on a little obvious. It just screams, "I am going to kill someone!" Guess it isn't because no in the crowd notices, or gives a d@mn when he REPEATEDLY tries to stab some cold metal death into Oscar.

Everything hinges on the wishy~washy king's decision on whether he's going to turn this into a massacre, or do something non-inflamitory for the first time in awhile. Thank goodness Antoinette has a cool head & again saves Oscar. Antoinette making good decisions and having a cool head? Never thought I'd say that after watching the first 20+ eps. :-)

On the contrary, I'd say every decision Antoinette has made in the last few episodes has sealed her fate. Man, just happen already, French Revolution!

May 19, 2009 11:08 PM

As long as Antoinette doesn't mention cake she should be good.

Great episode, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, I can't wait to see how far this show goes, will it touch the Reign of Terror?
My anime list

May 30, 2009 6:04 PM

Wow the King's really incompetent.

Should be really awkward around the Jarjeyes house now since Oscar's father tried to kill her and all XD

Sep 25, 2011 9:49 AM
Everytime her father appears I hate him more...

But it was good to see those soldiers being set free, I'm kinda attached to Alain and his bunch by now.
no more forums

Feb 22, 2013 4:26 AM

That was an intense moment when Oscar's father was tying to kill her and Andre.

Glad Oscar's men were not executed I love Alain he is a total bro it would be a shame if he were to die like that.

The King is such a tool Marie had to step in and get shit done.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Oct 28, 2013 11:43 PM

MagEarwhig said:
Wow the King's really incompetent.

Should be really awkward around the Jarjeyes house now since Oscar's father tried to kill her and all XD

He's been incompetent from the get go. So focused on lock making his whole life, he has no will of his own and solely influenced by the corrupt nobles who only want to line their pockets.

And Oscar's father is just as much of an idiot. Too obsessed with status and appearances. At least Oscar has woken up.

Oct 8, 2014 8:59 AM

So Oscar's father really almost killed both Oscar and Andre...wow. The guy really is just a puppet.

Mar 10, 2015 8:26 PM

poor Marie, I was starting to like her a little these past few episodes. she finally matured, but it's way too late.

well....bring on the Revolution!!!!!!!!!!

oh god I really hope that Oscar just had a casual cough of blood and it's nothing serious....oh who am I kidding, it's going to come back most likely ;(

May 1, 2015 10:27 PM

Man this episode was intense.

Jan 10, 2016 3:38 PM

Wtf, Oscar's father went mental in this episode. Insane stuff, only 5 episodes remaining....

Jul 11, 2017 11:08 AM

Oscar's father triggers me so hard, this man q_q

Sep 18, 2017 3:15 AM
I love how Andre would give his life for Oscar what he says to her Father: "How could a "Stranger" (The King) decide whom I love? Kill me first as I couldn't bear to see the death of my love even for a minute." What a man!!!

Sep 26, 2017 11:18 PM
only 5 episodes left. how will this go?

Dec 14, 2017 2:16 PM

Just a small victory before the upcoming storm.

Very nice episode again, this show is way too addicting.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jan 4, 2018 4:32 AM

As usual the queen had to intervene to get shit done lol
Marie Antoinette is a JoJo

Jan 6, 2018 4:16 PM
The plan and how it was executed didn't seem to go too well together, as it'd be weird if Oscar asked for the prisoners to be freed for their service when they're exactly the reason provided for the protests.

André wanting to die before Oscar so he doesn't see her die is nice and all but it doesn't make it that Oscar would not see him die instead. Does he think so little of her feelings?

It seems like Oscar's father and the guy who just tried to assassinate Oscar in this episode will stay as they are right now in terms of their character, which I'm not too satisfied with. The anime makes their decisions seem too quick for no good reason.

Apr 28, 2018 3:21 PM
Que bela comfissão de André!!!! Aaahh Meu menino André!
Pensei que ia ser a tomada da bastilha nesse episodio.