Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rose of Versailles Episode 34 Discussion

Nov 30, 2008 3:17 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Now "The Tennis Court Oath""

(courtesy of Wikipedia)

Robespierre seems to be turning the tide at the Estates-General, with the help of some nobles & clergy. And the king looked absolutely pitiful trying to give orders to everyone & being totally ignored. Oscar makes a shrewd move & wisely judges the situation, but it looks like she and her men will pay dearly for their actions.

May 19, 2009 10:04 PM

Well that didn't happen in history. So we are taking a bit of liberties. For the first time in this show I think Oscar will die, if not by the military then whatever disease she has.
My anime list

Dec 21, 2010 10:21 AM

OMG!!! I'm like : "wtf is going to happen now?!!!"
I don't want Oscar to die, she just great! And she is a nice person. The king is just a stupid and a coward DX

Sep 25, 2011 9:03 AM
I hope they don't pull a Reinhard on us with Oscar being sick and all...
That would be disappointing.

But this was a great episode, things are really getting heated now. Oscar and her men defying orders was indeed an epic scene. Looking forward to the next episode :)
no more forums

Feb 22, 2013 2:57 AM

Oh god Oscar better not have TB. lol nope won't accept that shit.

Everyone defying orders was a great scene I just hope she can save her men from being executed somehow.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Aug 21, 2013 1:43 AM

One of the most well done episodes in the series.

Things are falling apart..

Oct 28, 2013 12:36 AM

Finally, the revolution is on. Oscar finally made the right choice, now I just hope she survives...and her illness isn't critical.

Nov 4, 2013 12:17 AM

What's with these main protagonists like this having some disease bullshit?

Dec 15, 2013 2:46 PM

RedgraveGilver said:

At least it's better than pulling up a carriage ex machina on us.

Jan 3, 2014 11:18 AM

Wow. Oscar coughing up blood came out of left field. Oscar with TB and Andre going blind makes for one sad story.

Mar 12, 2014 2:06 PM

RedgraveGilver said:

We're talking about the 18th century here, incurable diseases were very common.

Oct 8, 2014 8:33 AM

Shit just got real.

I really hope Oscar doesn't die of an illness :(

Mar 10, 2015 7:17 PM

OH MY GOD NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH FLAG FOR OSCAR IS SOARING HIGH

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? MY SOLE PURPOSE FOR WATCHING THIS IS FOR OSCAR............don't you dare kill her....I don't care if anyone else dies, save Oscar!!!!!!!

I cried so hard when she coughed up blood because now there's a 95% chance that she will die

Jan 10, 2016 2:16 PM

Alain what a bro! I hope Oscar won't die so soon, not until the last episode.

May 1, 2017 2:27 AM
An epic episode with Oscar surpassing all widely claimed notions of "heroic male charm" by defying not only her superiors, but her very own identity as a noble, her family's pride and the Queen whom she deeply cared for. All for the greater love of her people and her country.

"We should not point our guns at the people of France" is a recurring dialogue in this episode and the next and the one that shook me the most. Coming from a country that has recently been going through a similar, albeit much milder and scarcely spread, wave of demand for change in the way the government is run, these are words that deeply touch my soul and make me question why world leaders cannot learn their lesson from history. Oscar's act of defying orders knowing that she is directly challenging her superiors (nobles) who on the pretext of serving the King exercised uncontrolled and unquestionable power, is the bravest thing that a servant of a monarchy can do.

Jul 11, 2017 11:01 AM

Place your bets, will Oscar die for illness, while fighting, or by a carriadge from a noble?

Dec 14, 2017 1:49 PM

Oscars flag was risen.

And things finally got really spicy,looking forward to binge the remaining episodes.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jan 4, 2018 4:01 AM

Noooo Oscar has tuberculosis or something similar..

Shit is getting real though, this is a really bad strategy. If they suppress the public's voice then a revolution is more likely to arise.
Marie Antoinette is a JoJo

Apr 2, 10:46 AM
It's the first time that I watch the anime so it's not technically spoiling.It's clear that Oscar will die since she caught the king's son disease which was tuberculosis.

May 23, 4:00 PM
I was yelling at my screen the entire time of this episode. Well, these past few episodes that is, but especially this one. Really well done and intense. I'm looking forward to the rest, like the depression when Oscar dies. I also realize that Oscar can't kiss anyone (like Andre, if she so pleases) without passing it on, so a romance really won't emerge. Man, Joseph outplayed himself into being a segue for Oscar's death... All beautiful people must go...

Besides that, Oscar is right about many things. By executing those twelve men, by executing the National Assembly... all of those alone will spark uproars and wreak havoc across the land. My only concern is the pacing these next five episodes, but we'll see!