Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rose of Versailles Episode 33 Discussion

Nov 30, 2008 3:10 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"A Funeral Bell Tolls in the Twilight"

(courtesy of Wikipedia)

After a long absence, Antoinette finally reappears. Overall it was pretty d@mn depressing. :-(

Feb 10, 2009 2:54 AM

shota much? :))

this anime has almost everything... *opens eyes for yaoi*

*cough*

umm... it was a nice episode... but I'm probably growing bored lately... 7 episodes to go...

May 17, 2009 8:22 PM

Aww Joseph died. I like the show recently, it isn't just Versailles Today anymore.

It seems to be coming to a head soon, with the Etats-Generaux going on.
My anime list

May 30, 2009 4:06 PM

Meh didn't really care for Joseph's death, and wtf does everyone in this show "love" Oscar

Mar 4, 2011 7:18 PM

MagEarwhig said:
Meh didn't really care for Joseph's death, and wtf does everyone in this show "love" Oscar

No kidding!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Sep 25, 2011 8:34 AM
Haha, true, Joseph's admiration for Oscar came out of nowhere. And his death didn't really touch me either.

But I'm glad to see the Etats generaux assembled.

Bernard x Rosalie is kinda funny too, didn't expect that.

And Alain is back already :D (Well, It's been half a year, but only one episode ^^).
Modified by Pullman, Sep 25, 2011 8:40 AM
no more forums

Sep 30, 2011 11:10 AM

=< b-but Rosalie! We all know how you feel about Oscar!
Ich verstehe nicht

Dec 9, 2012 8:35 AM
Aww yeah, finally got some Louis up in this. Uh, it's just pretty bad it has to be in an episode like this.
And with like, every character in this loving her, Oscar is now confirmed for the biggest player in Versailles, maybe even France.

Feb 22, 2013 2:14 AM

Stringed said:
=< b-but Rosalie! We all know how you feel about Oscar!

I wished for this to be canon cause we both know how they feel about each other. xD

This should be renamed "Everybody Loves Oscar".

lol @ no one applauding for Marie I wouldn't either if she was spending my tax money on stupid shit like she has all those years.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Aug 26, 2013 6:32 PM

Joseph makes his second appearance...and dies. Are we supposed to care?

How come it acts like he and Oscar are such great friends? I don't think they've even shared a scene before. All Joseph has done is get sick and make Marie feel guilty about committing adultery. He was a catalyst, not a character.

Something of a flub in the cultural setting; Joseph promises to be reincarnated as someone who won't die from sickness so easily but reincarnation is not part of mainstream Western religious traditions.

At least the revolution is finally going to happen soon. I've been pretty impatient for it to arrive for a while.

Oct 28, 2013 12:08 AM

MagEarwhig said:

Because she is no dumb woman obsessed with money, dresses, power and gossip.

Dec 15, 2013 7:34 AM

BAKARA OYARO E-DU ??

Apr 14, 2014 3:55 PM

I have only one thing to say: karma is a bitch. Suck it, Antoinette!!

Oct 8, 2014 7:59 AM

Poor kid died at such an early age : /

WolfWood37 said:
MagEarwhig said:

Because she is no dumb woman obsessed with money, dresses, power and gossip.

Also brave and good looking, not that hard to guess why people.

Mar 10, 2015 6:39 PM

I don't quite understand when Joseph had the time to hang out with Oscar and fall in love with her, but that was terribly depressing. for a kid who's 7, he seemed wise and would have made a good king

"Andre, I almost became the Queen"

Jan 10, 2016 10:45 AM

Everyone in this show secretly loves Oscar, I don't blame them.

Jun 11, 2016 8:05 PM
I liked this episode, I'm glad the revolution is almost here.

Louis Joseph's death was pretty sad, but I wish he would have made more appearances so his death would've been more emotional.

It was pretty odd that he seemed so close with Oscar, so I'm just going to assume they had a lot of off screen interaction to have become so close.

Also, FUCKING FINALLY Louis XVI made a goddamn appearance. Jesus, it had been so long. Oh, and he walked right by Fersen no less. He should've confronted him over the affair.

Jul 11, 2017 10:20 AM

RIP Joseph, no one will remember you.

w-wait... is that the King????? I thought I wasn't going to see him again lmao.

Dec 14, 2017 12:59 PM

Oscar is just too fabulous,everyone is into him.

Despite not having seen much of Joseph, this episode did a good job at making me care for him.
Modified by FMmatron, Feb 2, 2018 5:36 PM
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jan 24, 2018 1:58 PM

Wew, it's been a while since I've watched something try so hard to pull emotion out of me from nothing. Have they even shown Louis-Joseph since his birth? Yes it's saddening to see children die, good thing this anime didn't show any of the Parisian children starving to death during the riots when apparently half the city had devolved into looters and thieves, right? A wasted opportunity to develop actual drama due to the bizarre need to force in pointless melodrama, once again.

On that note, since when was André friends with the man that sliced his eye? And vice versa? For that matter, what did Rosalie end up seeing in Bernard? I get that they still exist in this world, but it's more like the show is trying find an excuse to fill time rather than continue to develop them. Bullet-point details in their lives are hardly developments when what led to them is never mentioned, those are just sudden changes without purpose. All the while months go by, the Revolution itself is being glossed over, and apparently Oscar & André didn't have any relation-developing experience in all that time. What was this anime building up to again?