Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for January 7th - 13th

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Jan 20, 2013 6:11 PM
News Team
House Blend ☕

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2543
The weekly manga and light novels rankings for January 7th - 13th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11
*4, *,*93,181 *,954,885 Naruto Vol.63
*5, *,*79,139 *,963,013 Hunter x Hunter Vol.32
*6, *,*75,024 *,*75,024 Otoyomegatari Vol.5
*7, *,*74,496 *,663,531 Ao no Exorcist Vol.10
*8, *,*70,764 *,178,603 Initial D: Fifth Stage Vol.46
*9, *,*69,655 *,*69,655 Btooom! Vol.10
10, *,*59,466 *,406,844 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.2

11, *,*57,622 *,178,878 High Kyuu Vol.4
12, *,*51,196 *,150,029 Nisekoi Vol.5
13, *,*45,163 *,*45,163 Shitsuren Chocolatier Vol.6
14, *,*40,871 *,*40,871 Baki Gaiden Kizuzura Vol.1
15, *,*39,699 *,380,688 Ao Haru Ride Vol.6
16, *,*37,876 *,*37,876 Kyou no Kira-kun Vol.4
17, *,*33,082 *,*33,082 Hyouka Vol.3 Limited Edition with OVA
18, *,*31,951 *,*79,762 Hana Yori mo Hana no Gotoku Vol.11
19, *,*31,060 *,*31,060 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.2
20, *,*29,158 *,211,370 Shiki no Zenjitsu Vol.1

21, *,*28,855 *,*28,855 Biohazard: Marhawa Desire Vol.3
22, *,*28,845 *,*28,845 Shinryaku! Ika Musume Vol.13
23, *,*28,809 *,532,026 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.1
24, *,*27,879 *,*27,879 Tokyio Alice Vol.10
25, *,*27,803 *,*69,800 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan Vol.3
26, *,*27,676 *,*61,006 Sengoku Ittohki Vol.2
27, *,*26,486 *,*62,434 Owari no Seraph Vol.1
28, *,*25,836 *,*25,836 Noririn Vol.6
29, *,*25,807 *,*25,807 Clover Vol.30
30, *,*24,974 1,034,190 Hunter x Hunter Vol.31

Rank 31-50


Light Novels
*1, 98,043 *,*98,043 Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament Vol.6
*2, 26,994 *,*64,195 Natsume Yuujinchou
*3, 16,832 *,*79,962 Kuroko no Basket TV Anime Characters Book Vol.2
*4, 17,681 1,098,648 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.1
*5, 14,751 *,*14,751 Golden Time Bangai
*6, 14,516 *,*38,068 Bakuman. Fan Book PCP
*7, 12,421 *,132,609 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Connect
*8, 11,928 *,*11,928 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Vol.6
*9, 11,786 *,*11,786 Yagate Majin no Alicebell Vol.2
10, 10,872 *,646,711 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.3

11, 10,162 *,768,095 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.2
12, *7,815 *,*37,045 Ao no Exorcist Movie
13, *7,674 *,**7,674 Kaijin no Cardinal Red
14, *7,565 *,**7,565 Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge
15, *7,293 *,*75,951 One Piece Film Z
16, *7,176 *,285,972 Sword Art Online Vol.11
17, *6,986 *,159,455 Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu
18, *6,508 *,**6,508 VS!! Vol.3
19, *6,276 *,**6,276 Yomesen Vol.7
20, *6,139 *,**6,139 Love na Doll! Vol.3

21, *6,117 *,**6,117 Bishoujo ga Oosugite Ikiteikenai
22, *5,788 *,*81,170 Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Vol.8

Source: Oricon Youtaiju
Modified by myanimelistllc, Aug 31, 2016 5:04 AM

Submit News ∶∶ GuidelinesBBcode GuideJazz-hop ∶∶ Synth ∶∶ E-Swing@Snow for news edits!
 
#2
Jan 20, 2013 6:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18196
I don't know there are New Testament 6.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
#3
Jan 20, 2013 6:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 27
33, *,*24,073 *,*24,073 Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Mahoutsukai Vol.5

YAY!!!
 
#4
Jan 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 301
Sukitte Ii na yo! YES!

 
#5
Jan 20, 2013 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4281
*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15

All for it!
 
#6
Jan 20, 2013 6:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 605
Snowical said:

*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11

15, *,*39,699 *,380,688 Ao Haru Ride
34, *,*23,068 *,*62,237 Last Game Vol.3

This makes me happy ^_^ I hope Last Game sells more :p
 
#7
Jan 20, 2013 6:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2944
Only a matter of time before Natsume gets a fifth season...
 
#8
Jan 20, 2013 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 318
goddamn Biblia selling like hotcakes
 
#9
Jan 20, 2013 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3198
I need to pick up the new Shitsuren Chocolatier once I catch up.
 
Jan 20, 2013 8:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 103
Hmm, weird to see Sword art Online volume 11 isnt in the top 10 in light novel sell. Who know, maybe the anime killed the light novel.
 
Jan 20, 2013 8:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3466
yellowperil said:
Hmm, weird to see Sword art Online volume 11 isnt in the top 10 in light novel sell. Who know, maybe the anime killed the light novel.
Oh the irony...
 
Jan 20, 2013 8:34 PM
Online
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 31562
HxH will crack the million next week hopefully.

Natsume leading the pack is also very good to see :)

Have the Sukitte and Tonari sales of this volume improved compared to previous volumes first weeks? Or did the anime have little impact on both mangas?

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Jan 20, 2013 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 330
Good week, wow.


Snowical said:


*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11

*6, *,*75,024 *,*75,024 Otoyomegatari Vol.5
 
Jan 20, 2013 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 174
Snowical said:


Manga
*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11


Shoujo dominating top three. Awesome (ノ^∀^)ノ
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
 
Jan 20, 2013 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2723
Snowical said:

17, *,*33,082 *,*33,082 Hyouka Vol.3 Limited Edition with OVA
Nice to see it sold well.
 
Jan 21, 2013 12:09 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 83
Tonari & Sukite up there, wooha~~
 
Jan 21, 2013 12:17 AM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9795
Snowical said:
*1, 98,043 *,*98,043 Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament Vol.6


Works for me :>
Modified by Tyrel, Jan 21, 2013 12:21 AM
 
Jan 21, 2013 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
HxH will crack the million next week hopefully.

Natsume leading the pack is also very good to see :)

Have the Sukitte and Tonari sales of this volume improved compared to previous volumes first weeks? Or did the anime have little impact on both mangas?


Tonari is about double the previous one.

Sukitte is hard to compare as this was released on a Friday while last one was a Tuesday which has more days for sale.

BTOOOM got a very good bump too!
 
Jan 21, 2013 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 267
Yeah NT6 on the top. Glad it sold well, now waiting for the translation to complete for a while.

Impressive to see top 3 dominated by shoujo.
 
Jan 21, 2013 1:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 403
btoom got good bump, HQ selling really well.

 
Jan 21, 2013 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5218
Despite being rank # 1, NT6 actually sold less than NT5 in its first week.
NT5 sold 114,753 copies in its first week. Source.
Though it might be because there were 4 days counted last time while there are only 3 days counted in this rankings, though I don't think that's a factor at all. In any case, the succeeding weeks will tell if it will or won't surpass its previous volume sales.
And here I thought the upcoming movie might provide some sort of boost for it. Guess not having an anime at the moment is hurting its sales.

AssClass vol2 at 400k and slowly catching up to vol1. Nice.

HxH vol31 passed a million already, wow. Resume it already Togashi, the anime is catching up.

SAOP dropped out again though it's probably because of all the new volumes out. Vol11 still going strong though.

Good week I guess.
 
Jan 21, 2013 2:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 22
Snowical said:
37, *,*21,105 2,784,515 One Piece Vol.68
38, *,*20,840 *,745,954 One Piece Vol.68


This makes no sense. Why is it on twice?
 
Jan 21, 2013 3:36 AM
News Team
House Blend ☕

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2543
TheCtes said:


Thanks for pointing that out, my bad there.
I'll fix it as soon as I have access to the original list. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Submit News ∶∶ GuidelinesBBcode GuideJazz-hop ∶∶ Synth ∶∶ E-Swing@Snow for news edits!
 
Jan 21, 2013 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 320
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu's two volumes are there! YAY! Aaaaand it's so surprising to see shoujo owning top 3. They sold even better than Naruto. Well, the two are really good anyway :D Now I will put that Natsume... to my PTW.
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 99
Index is expected to be that high , but BTOOOM ? lol . that's good to know .Seems like the anime made it like that .
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3441
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.-01 is not going anywhere LOL. Someone need to license this thing.


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
emanime said:
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu's two volumes are there! YAY! Aaaaand it's so surprising to see shoujo owning top 3. They sold even better than Naruto. Well, the two are really good anyway :D Now I will put that Natsume... to my PTW.


Note that Naruto has almost a million sales total. This chart doesn't show that this is the 3rd week on the chart for Naruto which peaked at #1.

But I love shoujo and don't buy Naruto so I wish and hope both Sukitte and Tonari will get 1 million in sales!!!

archer_shirou01 said:
Index is expected to be that high , but BTOOOM ? lol . that's good to know .Seems like the anime made it like that .


BTOOOM! is awesome! I am so pleased to see the anime bounce for it and hope this means its anemic BD sales can still allow for a second season. I import the manga and the BDs so I'm helping it as much as I can.
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10000
Good to see Hunter x Hunter doing nicely
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:49 AM
Online
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 31562
hpulley said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
HxH will crack the million next week hopefully.

Natsume leading the pack is also very good to see :)

Have the Sukitte and Tonari sales of this volume improved compared to previous volumes first weeks? Or did the anime have little impact on both mangas?


Tonari is about double the previous one.

Sukitte is hard to compare as this was released on a Friday while last one was a Tuesday which has more days for sale.

BTOOOM got a very good bump too!



Thanks!
Glad about Btooom too, I actually still have to read that from where the anime stopped.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
crimsoncryst said:
Snowical said:


Manga
*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11


Shoujo dominating top three. Awesome (ノ^∀^)ノ


This, so much. Especially Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun omg, I've never seen that series so high in the rankings!
Modified by Acathisia, Jan 21, 2013 5:55 AM
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Glad about Btooom too, I actually still have to read that from where the anime stopped.


Chapters 51-57 are great! Can't even wait for volume 11 in May, I'm getting Bunch magazine now...
 
Jan 21, 2013 5:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 202
Natsume! yesh!
Also Index aswell.
These all deserve it.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
 
Jan 21, 2013 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 99
Ive heard that Tonari is about to finish , maybe that's why the sales got that high .
 
Jan 21, 2013 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
archer_shirou01 said:
Ive heard that Tonari is about to finish , maybe that's why the sales got that high .

That's a misquote of the last page of the volume that just came out so it can't be the cause and isn't even true... It says the climax is coming! It does NOT say volume 12 will be the last one. Terrible misquote..
 
Jan 21, 2013 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
hpulley said:
That's a misquote of the last page of the volume that just came out so it can't be the cause and isn't even true... It says the climax is coming! It does NOT say volume 12 will be the last one. Terrible misquote..
Do you think we should inform the moderator who posted this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=545301 Otherwise, the false news may just take root and keep spreading. Sites or blogs may quote this news forum and the "news" just spreads out....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jan 21, 2013 6:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11495
I want to read Biblia so badly.
 
Jan 21, 2013 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
symbv said:
hpulley said:
That's a misquote of the last page of the volume that just came out so it can't be the cause and isn't even true... It says the climax is coming! It does NOT say volume 12 will be the last one. Terrible misquote..
Do you think we should inform the moderator who posted this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=545301 Otherwise, the false news may just take root and keep spreading. Sites or blogs may quote this news forum and the "news" just spreads out....


Probably too late but I just sent a PM.

Unfortunately DHL didn't bring my copy until Wednesday for me to read it myself and the CrazyJapan tweet had already been quoted a zillion times by then. In my experience you can't put djinns back in lamps but we can try...
 
Jan 21, 2013 7:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1241
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10 Lovelyyy!!!
*6, *,*75,024 *,*75,024 Otoyomegatari Vol.5 Seems like I'm gonna read this earlier than planned.
12, *,*51,196 *,150,029 Nisekoi Vol.5 Selling like hotcakes!
15, *,*39,699 *,380,688 Ao Haru Ride Vol.6 Yes yes yes!
 
Jan 21, 2013 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
hpulley said:
Probably too late but I just sent a PM.
Unfortunately DHL didn't bring my copy until Wednesday for me to read it myself and the CrazyJapan tweet had already been quoted a zillion times by then. In my experience you can't put djinns back in lamps but we can try...
I agree with you. Perhaps it's a bit late but it is better than nothing done. At least we'd have one fewer inaccurate piece of news in MAL record. Thanks for sending the PM !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jan 21, 2013 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 580
Natsume Yuujinchou! x3
 
Jan 21, 2013 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Wow Noririn surprised me O_O
 
Jan 21, 2013 8:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
good to see last game sell well
 
Jan 21, 2013 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3019
hpulley said:

Probably too late but I just sent a PM.
Unfortunately DHL didn't bring my copy until Wednesday for me to read it myself and the CrazyJapan tweet had already been quoted a zillion times by then. In my experience you can't put djinns back in lamps but we can try...


It's probably a miss-translation from Japanese to French, and French to English. MAL needs more mods who are able to read Japanese and do research on Japanese websites.
I'm happy to see Btoom! big bump
 
Jan 21, 2013 9:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
Well i am glad to the that Haikyuu is doing well, though i still don't understand. Naruto has many more sales that the top 3 but why is it only in fourth place? Same goes for Hunter X Hunter

*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11
*4, *,*93,181 *,954,885 Naruto Vol.63
*5, *,*79,139 *,963,013 Hunter x Hunter Vol.32
 
Jan 21, 2013 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
ThangLong said:
hpulley said:

Probably too late but I just sent a PM.
Unfortunately DHL didn't bring my copy until Wednesday for me to read it myself and the CrazyJapan tweet had already been quoted a zillion times by then. In my experience you can't put djinns back in lamps but we can try...


It's probably a miss-translation from Japanese to French, and French to English. MAL needs more mods who are able to read Japanese and do research on Japanese websites.
I'm happy to see Btoom! big bump

The cheese is smelly but the wine is good ;)

twedayy said:
Well i am glad to the that Haikyuu is doing well, though i still don't understand. Naruto has many more sales that the top 3 but why is it only in fourth place? Same goes for Hunter X Hunter

*1, *,135,185 *,363,130 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.15
*2, *,127,385 *,127,385 Sukitte Ii na yo. Vol.10
*3, *,118,829 *,118,829 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Vol.11
*4, *,*93,181 *,954,885 Naruto Vol.63
*5, *,*79,139 *,963,013 Hunter x Hunter Vol.32


The order is determined by this week's sales in the second column, not by total sales in the third column.
 
Jan 21, 2013 9:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
Oh okay thanks! :D
 
Jan 21, 2013 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
holy fuck, is ansatsu kyoushitsu really THAT successful? O_O The author should be rich by now
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Jan 21, 2013 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 358
Nice to see Natsume Yuujincho and Haikyuu!! up there
 
Jan 21, 2013 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
3 Shoujo topping the charts. Nice :)
 
Jan 21, 2013 8:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 480
Glad to see Natsume doing well.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »