Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2013 1:46 AM
May 2007
i got an iphone 4s and ipad 2. i live in japan and many japan residing foreigners say that the iphone is more accommodating with its apps for japanese/english dictionaries and for studying the jlpt
Jan 22, 2013 5:18 AM

Aug 2011
IMO iphone has way more functions, apps and much more versatile if you access its systems and make changes, but only if you know how, and also iphone practically requires you to jailbreak

Galaxy on the other hand is much more user friendly and easy to pick up and use, I like its design better personally but its just a matter of personal preference.
kek
Jan 22, 2013 9:45 AM

Jan 2011
im4eversmart said:
IMO iphone has way more functions, apps and much more versatile if you access its systems and make changes, but only if you know how, and also iphone practically requires you to jailbreak

Galaxy on the other hand is much more user friendly and easy to pick up and use, I like its design better personally but its just a matter of personal preference.

you've never rooted your android phone havent you? :)
(and android market has more apps..)
Duh.
Jan 22, 2013 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
Samsung Galaxy S3 all the way~
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Jan 22, 2013 1:26 PM

Jun 2011
TemetNosce said:
Well I own an Iphone 4s, but there all shit to me. Hey let's all go back to using Nokias.

Symbian was a pretty epic mobile OS back in its days. I had a Nokia 6600 and used it for over 5 years. I have never used a smartphone that much.

That said, I prefer iPhone over Android. Just a personal preference. And well, I'm a developer.

I don't hate Android, but I used to have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it didn't exactly give me a great experience. Around average I'd say.

trinity12 said:
i've got an iphone 4 and a galaxy s2 ..and all i can say is iphone sucks
- you cant remove the battery..just wait some day if your iphone is lagging
- no flashplayer
- ridiculous expensive for what you get..
- itunes just sucks
- lol you need micro/nano sim
- not much ram or cpu power...
and i can still tell 100 more points

Woah, woah, let's address your points accordingly...

- Yes you can remove the battery. Look for tutorials on Youtube. There's a helluva of them all over the place.
- There's many things regarding Flash I don't even know where to start. I guess you're one of the many people who misunderstands the "No Flash" statements: You can still watch Flash videos in various websites, so unless you want to play Flash games, which I hope you don't, you really don't need Flash. Second, Flash is becoming an obsolete technology that is being replaced with HTML5 and new Web Technologies in general, that all modern smartphones can deal with. Finally, Adobe removed Flash from the Google Play Store in most countries because it failed anyway.
- I won't argue the price, but personally I don't mind the price because I consider iOS to be pretty darn good. That's just personal opinion, though.
- That's your opinion. As of mine, even if you didn't ask for mine (hey, no one asked yours!), iTunes is great and it does a great job.
- Most smartphones are leaning towards the new SIMs. At least Micro SIMs can be found in some Android phones, like the lastest HTC ones I believe.
- What are you using? The very first iPhone ever released? Because the tech specs of the iPhone 5 and even the 4S have a great place for competition in the smartphone market. Hell, even the iPhone 4 is considered a great entry to the smartphone world.

I hope your other 100 points are more elaborated, honestly.
LeonneJan 22, 2013 1:47 PM
Jan 22, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
All the cool kids have iPhones you know
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 22, 2013 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
JennyEsquire said:

All the cool kids have a terrible credit report as well
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jan 22, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
SOExclusive said:
JennyEsquire said:

Some of them do. But you know what they all have in common? They can't die

Jan 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
JennyEsquire said:
SOExclusive said:
JennyEsquire said:

Some of them do. But you know what they all have in common? They can't die

They can't die. That would be a terrible life. Living for 100s of years and can't do anything on your own. I'd commit suicide if i was cool even though that wouldnt help. right?
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jan 22, 2013 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
one day, one day I'll destroy all the smart phones. just wait

Jan 22, 2013 2:12 PM
Dec 2012
Samsung Galaxy S3 obviously
Jan 22, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2011
SOExclusive said:

They can't die. That would be a terrible life. Living for 100s of years and can't do anything on your own. I'd commit suicide if i was cool even though that wouldnt help. right?

Didn't you know? Most cool people commit suicide for one reason or another. That, or they die in battle

Jan 23, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2012
Samsung Galaxy S3!!
Jan 23, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2012
iDanny said:
Samsung Galaxy S3!!
Wouldn't expect that from someone named "iDanny".
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 23, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2012
katsucats said:
iDanny said:
Samsung Galaxy S3!!
Wouldn't expect that from someone named "iDanny".

Just as good as "Not_Biased".

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 in the beginning of January, and I love it. Oh my god, after having this beautiful phone, I don't think I could go back to Apple. My iPod Touch feels super small in my hand and it just doesn't compare.

The S3 takes some getting used to, but it's a great phone.
Mar 13, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
samsung note 2 is good.
used to use s3 and that was good too. and yep, i do recommend
Mar 13, 2013 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
I'm genuinely, but happily, shocked by the overwhelming majority the S3 has. It's about time people woke up and stopped being sheepeles.
Mar 13, 2013 11:57 AM

May 2010
S3. S2 has some really cheap plastic in it and it feels like a toy. S3 is better in this department. Also, compared to Iphones, Android gives you better accessibility, it's friendlty even with new users and the amount of apps is bigger. Another thing to consider is that in order to use the Iphone for ANYTHING you need Itunes and it's a pain to use it. Also take into consideration some facts like:

-> bigger and removable battery for the S3
-> the Iphone has limited codec support
-> S3's screen has a bigger resolution
-> S3 has a stronger CPU
-> S3 has a micro USB bort and expandable memory. With the Iphone you are stuck with the default memory.
-> S3's front camera is 1.9 MP. Iphone 5 has 1.2 MP there

So yeah... S3 is the way to go. And nobody's being a sheep like mikozee suggests.
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Mar 13, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Yes, people are being sheeps. The ones who blindly rush to buy the next iPhone because it's what every one has without any consideration of other worthy potentials (like the S3). You can tell me it's the user's preference all you want. To me, it's blindly following a mainstream bandwagon and that makes them a sheep.
Mar 13, 2013 12:22 PM
Jul 2012
Samsung. May get it in next year
LegendGoldDarkMar 17, 2013 4:03 PM
Mar 13, 2013 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Nokia Lumia 920 is better than those two anyway.
Mar 17, 2013 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
The Samsung Galaxy S IV will just smash Apple so much! But I may continue with Apple just because of their design cuz i am retarded xD
Mar 17, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
S4.

Apple is a gay consumerist company for people who wear turtle necks.

On a more serious note - Samsung's machines are more powerful and you can tinker with android much more than you can with an Iphone, also with an s3/s4 at least you're showing that you have some sense as a consumer and you haven't just bought it to be a mapple person (lisa simpson).
Mar 17, 2013 4:18 PM

Nov 2009
The iPhone charges a metric shit ton for more memory, like literally the cost goes up to $350 for the 64g iPhone ... I got my S3 for $100 and bought an SD card for $30 and blammo, guess what? I have the same amount of memory, less than half the price, and is all around a better phone ... I'll give Apple credit for really having the first smart phone in America but ... Now? Just like the American Pioneers of the auto industry they are retarded and soon gonna fall.
Mar 17, 2013 4:24 PM
Sep 2012
Samsung S4/3 if you care about function.
iPhone 5 if you want to fit in with everyone else.
Mar 17, 2013 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
I've never used Android so naturally I wouldn't know how to use a GS2 or GS3, and I'm familiar with iOS so I'm gonna have to go with the iPhone. The poll is heavily favoured to the GS3 though, which I find interesting.
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville
Apr 28, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
Samsung would be the obvious choice especially for the most reasons that can be seen
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
Apr 28, 2015 7:59 AM

Mar 2015
Also apple shit breaks easily and can't be hacked and don't have features like samsung
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
Feb 14, 2016 12:20 AM

Dec 2012
So I've decided to go for the S3, thanks for advice guys, v helpful.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

67 by vasipi4946 »»
9 minutes ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - Yesterday

21 by tsukareru »»
40 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

22 by JaniSIr »»
51 minutes ago

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

34 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - Apr 18

16 by GinIonSui »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.