Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 24, 2013 5:28 AM
Jan 2013
You type the letter a into google images and the first thing you get is something graphic, I see no reason for opposing this.
Jan 24, 2013 5:41 AM

Aug 2012
armeg said:
Just wondering, do you want this to be a "check box" option that the user selects upon creation of the thread? If so, what prevents abuse of the system in terms of making threads that are NSFM simply to block underage users from accessing the thread.
Good question. Given what I know of the suggestions, that's probably what's gonna happen. The TC gets the say on whether his topic is 18+ or not (regardless of what suggestion the mods decide to take) during topic creation.

As for abuse, I'll respond with a question: Is that a problem? The TC can create whatever thread he/she wants, and if they have the ability to control what age group discusses in their thread, more power to them.

Do keep in mind that these threads will still be moderated. If a thread is created as 18+ (or not), a mod could have the power to switch their age rating restrictions.

Thanks for the question!
And by the way, armeg, could you state your position on this suggestion?
Jan 24, 2013 10:15 AM

Jul 2011
MellowJello said:
armeg said:
Just wondering, do you want this to be a "check box" option that the user selects upon creation of the thread? If so, what prevents abuse of the system in terms of making threads that are NSFM simply to block underage users from accessing the thread.
Good question. Given what I know of the suggestions, that's probably what's gonna happen. The TC gets the say on whether his topic is 18+ or not (regardless of what suggestion the mods decide to take) during topic creation.

As for abuse, I'll respond with a question: Is that a problem? The TC can create whatever thread he/she wants, and if they have the ability to control what age group discusses in their thread, more power to them.

Do keep in mind that these threads will still be moderated. If a thread is created as 18+ (or not), a mod could have the power to switch their age rating restrictions.

Thanks for the question!
And by the way, armeg, could you state your position on this suggestion?

I'd be willing to support this as long as people don't start using it to silence under-18 users on forums such current events. If you do that, suddenly you are splitting the community. If that can be kept in check, and it is used specifically for NSFM things I'd be okay with it.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Jan 24, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
I thought creating a club for that would be okay?

I swear I saw NSFW clubs somewhere.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 24, 2013 10:47 AM

Nov 2010
DenjaX said:

Yes creating NSFW clubs are ok, they just have to be set to secret, with secret you can't even see that they are a part of a club on their club list on the profile it's so secret.
Jan 24, 2013 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
DenjaX said:

Yes creating NSFW clubs are ok, they just have to be set to secret, with secret you can't even see that they are a part of a club on their club list on the profile it's so secret.

Then OP should do this instead of proposing for a new board. It is safe to assume this thread is been ignored by the mods so why not make a club? It is very similar to making 18+ threads.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 24, 2013 3:20 PM

Nov 2010
DenjaX said:
IntroverTurtle said:
DenjaX said:

Then OP should do this instead of proposing for a new board. It is safe to assume this thread is been ignored by the mods so why not make a club? It is very similar to making 18+ threads.
Well he wants it to be public, because for a secret club you have to invite people, they can't come and go like regular threads. And it would be way harder to get a big amount of people in the thread, it would be a lot of work.
Jan 24, 2013 6:53 PM

Aug 2012
Roughly 5 days and no mod response.

If you're ignoring it, can we at least get a why?

Please? >:

(last page button didn't work strangely)
Jan 24, 2013 6:57 PM

Oct 2012
MellowJello said:

Please? >:
They must be reading it even if there's no response. Notice a lot of my off-topic posts have been removed.

I wonder how much power forum mods really have over changing the structure of the forum, etc.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 24, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2010
katsucats said:
MellowJello said:

Please? >:
They must be reading it even if there's no response. Notice a lot of my off-topic posts have been removed.

I wonder how much power forum mods really have over changing the structure of the forum, etc.
They've already said in another thread that they often don't comment but lurk. They want the users to work it out first or something like that.

They probably can't change it, probably only Xinil can. But they probably choose which ones to even mention to him. And they might know if he would ever go for a certain idea.
Jan 24, 2013 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
katsucats said:
MellowJello said:

Please? >:

They've already said in another thread that they often don't comment but lurk. They want the users to work it out first or something like that.

They probably can't change it, probably only Xinil can. But they probably choose which ones to even mention to him. And they might know if he would ever go for a certain idea.
Ooo I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for that tidbit of info!

@Katsuquote this
Jan 24, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2012
you know, when i see these suggestions i normally just think "meh, i guess that'd be okay", but I really hope this one gets put into action. thinking about it, i see no downside, nor does it sound like it's be too much work to implement.
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Jan 24, 2013 8:02 PM

Aug 2012
w7y7a7t7t said:
you know, when i see these suggestions i normally just think "meh, i guess that'd be okay", but I really hope this one gets put into action. thinking about it, i see no downside, nor does it sound like it's be too much work to implement.

But it's still work.
Jan 24, 2013 8:05 PM

Nov 2010
w7y7a7t7t said:
What about this and it would probably take a lot of work.

TallonKarrde23 said:
I'm pretty sure most webhosting does NOT allow 18+ material to be on your site, so MAL may need to change who they use to do this which could be a pain in the ass for something so insignificant.

Though, clearly with the site breaking every single night around midnight for like 5 hours, they need better servers anyway.

Also, while many use adblocker anyway - almost NO advertisers want to be associated with websites that have 18+ material. Just look at what a pain moot goes through to find a very small few who are willing to advertise on 4chan.

They'd also have to add a lot of disclaimers - not just for those threads, but for the website as a whole, as it does contain adult content at that point and the warning just before a thread wouldn't suffice.
Jan 24, 2013 8:06 PM

Aug 2012
PricklySmickey said:
w7y7a7t7t said:

But it's still work.
^

That's why this suggestion is great. Aside from work implementing it, it doesn't cause any problems (except for one *cough*).

Plus, the amount of responses is amazing. Surely something has to happen..

Right?

@Introver SHHHHHH
Jan 24, 2013 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
This sounds like a wonderful idea and I'm all for it. A simple warning will suffice to tell people they're going into an 18+ area and of course mods will still be there to put down trolling and spam so the forum won't get out of control.
Jan 25, 2013 12:57 AM
Dec 2012
Here here.

I support as well.
Jan 25, 2013 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
2013-01-25T18:14:33+08:00

MellowJello,

uzu-dragons only mentioned preference for these 18+ discussions to stay within clubs. I suggested the creation of clubs as an alternative in case your suggestion doesn't get approved. IntroverTurtle even quoted my ideas! (mock pout) :P

Hmm, eighteen is merely an arbitrary age for (weakly) determining maturity. We've all met people twice our age who are pettier, right? Anyway, just pointing that out. It's not (yet) an issue (maybe). :B

Are those meant to be viewable even when a member is not logged in? If not, then it is less of a hassle to simply have an "access rights" setting in the control panel. Specifically, it can be a checkbox or toggle button (with an explicit warning label beside it) that allows/disallows access to those NSFM boards. Like a few have noted before, it can get annoying having to keep confirming again and again.

Oh, and I'm changing my stance from negative to neutral.

2013-01-25T18:36:31+08:00
Naysayers almost effortlessly make the possible seem impossible since they usually just parrot generalized, oversimplified, or uninspired arguments. However, the proper, but significantly more difficult way to refute an idea is to discredit all major and most minor cases. In contrast, a single convincing solution can prove feasibility though it isn't a trivial pursuit either.
Jan 25, 2013 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
We should be allowed to make threads that deny access to under-30 years old users.
Jan 25, 2013 2:47 AM

Aug 2012
weakwithwords said:
MellowJello,

uzu-dragons only mentioned preference for these 18+ discussions to stay within clubs. I suggested the creation of clubs as an alternative in case your suggestion doesn't get approved. IntroverTurtle even quoted my ideas! (mock pout) :P

Hmm, eighteen is merely an arbitrary age for (weakly) determining maturity. We've all met people twice our age who are pettier, right? Anyway, just pointing that out. It's not (yet) an issue (maybe). :B

Are those meant to be viewable even when a member is not logged in? If not, then it is less of a hassle to simply have an "access rights" setting in the control panel. Specifically, it can be a checkbox or toggle button (with an explicit warning label beside it) that allows/disallows access to those NSFM boards. Like a few have noted before, it can get annoying having to keep confirming again and again.

Oh, and I'm changing my stance from negative to neutral.
Whoo, what a mouthful. Pardon me if I might sound abrasive. Sasami-san episode 3 really disappointed me.
Anyways: Not quite sure why you bring up the first point every time. Yes, it's quoted a lot, but it doesn't solve the problem of open discussion. Hell, a lot of clubs barely even have discussion.

2nd point, it's 18+ because
Section IV: Clubs with 18+ themes must be set to Secret and the club admins must ensure all members are not underage. Failure to do so may result in the removal of the club and/or temporary bans.
It's not an arbitrary age; it's an age set by forum rules.

No, some of the edits mentioned hiding visibility to guests. It prevents any people "checking out MAL" from getting the wrong idea, and it being invisible to <18 means they might not even know about an 18+ board/sub-board/restricted thread unless someone tells them.

By the way, the third point has an interesting suggestion (check-box options). Mind if I edit that in?
And thanks for changing your stance!
almozayaf said:
We should be allowed to make threads that deny access to under-30 years old users.
Ha ha- no.
Jan 25, 2013 3:49 AM

Sep 2010
2013-01-25T19:20:44+08:00

MellowJello,

( Aww, I haven't started Sasami-san yet. ^^ )

Laws dictate the Forum Rules which is in turn the basis of your suggestion. I'm sorry if you thought I was asserting that you chose it randomly. That age limit was arbitrarily set by past authorities. It should be higher or lower depending on the general maturity of a country's citizens. It is not a direct issue. Was just food for thought.

Go ahead. You're welcome. :)

almozayaf,

MAL:TLY denies membership to those under 30, but afaIk the club's threads don't have anything NSfM so non-members can still read everything. Anyway, you're missing the OP's point. >,<

2013-01-25T19:49:39+08:00
Naysayers almost effortlessly make the possible seem impossible since they usually just parrot generalized, oversimplified, or uninspired arguments. However, the proper, but significantly more difficult way to refute an idea is to discredit all major and most minor cases. In contrast, a single convincing solution can prove feasibility though it isn't a trivial pursuit either.
Jan 25, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2012
The more edits I add, the more of a huge wall of text my OP looks like ):

Ah well. Added in links to the edits so people can get first-hand sources of suggestion. Helps with recognizing credit too I guess.

@weakwithwords whoops, I thought it was aimed at me. My bad! Yeah, the 18+ rules by the forums is itself arbitrary. I'd rather not debate on it though..

Still open for suggestion feedback and opinions. I see lots of support, but not much dissent. My suggestion isn't perfect, ya know. Throw in an argument or two! But agreeing with me never hurt either!
Jan 25, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
I agree although I'm only 16 :@@
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 25, 2013 5:12 AM

Apr 2012
There would have been a lot more people disagreeing with you if you wouldn't have added my suggestion, it's true, it would have been misused with your idea and most people would have lied of their age, which is not something the Mods would surely want to do (even if it's not that important).

This way, they're the ones responsible for what they're doing, a warning message is enough, if you do not listen to that, then it is your fault and nobody else's. So, this is a reason for why nobody argues AGAINST, as it's just an add-on that most forums should (not necessarily must) have.

The only thing they can argue about is about morality... 18+ means a lot of sexual fetishes that might 'scar' 'disgust' etc other people, but then again, it won't work if there's a warning, and if they also make rules on the usage of images (Spoiler them always).

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 25, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
There would have been a lot more people disagreeing with you if you wouldn't have added my suggestion, it's true, it would have been misused with your idea and most people would have lied of their age, which is not something the Mods would surely want to do (even if it's not that important).

This way, they're the ones responsible for what they're doing, a warning message is enough, if you do not listen to that, then it is your fault and nobody else's. So, this is a reason for why nobody argues AGAINST, as it's just an add-on that most forums should (not necessarily must) have.

The only thing they can argue about is about morality... 18+ means a lot of sexual fetishes that might 'scar' 'disgust' etc other people, but then again, it won't work if there's a warning, and if they also make rules on the usage of images (Spoiler them always).
Then I gotta thank you again Immahnoob (don't hog the credit though -.- ) for your suggestion!

Hopefully if a mod responds to mine, your suggestion can get one too...
Jan 25, 2013 5:28 AM

Apr 2012
Hehehehehe, I'll try not to take the merit. I also think weakwithword's suggestion is good, a setting that makes all 18+ threads accessible without a warning (still having an 18+ tag so they know).

You just have to wait, patience is gold after all... I think I should have stopped annoying Luna_ because I'm sure that's why she didn't post anymore D:.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 25, 2013 10:00 AM
Jan 2013
Support this XD
I miss Menma from Anohana :(
Jan 25, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
The mods are probably waiting for one of two things:

1. this thread to die the slow death of no more posts or,
2. to wait until people get out of control for not getting a response and then close the thread with something like "off topic, locked for spam", while ignoring the main point.

It's low quality for mods not to acknowledge the presence of a suggestion with this much attention though. I'm currently a mod of another site (& have filled the role for 2 others before) and you can tell when the people up top don't respect the everyday users. That sort of attitude trickles down into the general culture of the admins/mods so that things like this get ignored.

Same thing happens in businesses, schools, government and clubs. What can ya do :/
"Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen." -VD
Jan 25, 2013 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
tomber said:
The mods are probably waiting for one of two things:

1. this thread to die the slow death of no more posts or,
2. to wait until people get out of control for not getting a response and then close the thread with something like "off topic, locked for spam", while ignoring the main point.

It's low quality for mods not to acknowledge the presence of a suggestion with this much attention though. I'm currently a mod of another site (& have filled the role for 2 others before) and you can tell when the people up top don't respect the everyday users. That sort of attitude trickles down into the general culture of the admins/mods so that things like this get ignored.

Same thing happens in businesses, schools, government and clubs. What can ya do :/
Off-topic, so locked. Nah, just kidding. You're over-generalizing a bit.
1. Not really
2. That would not be awesome and no, it won't happen, unless more posts like yours appear
The second part of your statement irked me off a bit though. If we don't post, that doesn't mean it doesn't get our acknowledgement or we ignore it. Let's just say we stalk the suggestions, especially since we don't have much choice in the code work. Also, it's very wrong assuming we don't respect the users. Besides the 'Forum Mod' tag above the avatar and some magical powers, we're users ourselves, you know?

Just for everyone to know, I promised Mellow that I will reply to this thread, and I will do it, but it's probably going to be next week since I have a pretty packed up schedule. I could post my response right now if I wanted, but I'll try replying to most of the posts in this thread.
Jan 25, 2013 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
MellowJello said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
I'm pretty sure most webhosting does NOT allow 18+ material to be on your site, so MAL may need to change who they use to do this which could be a pain in the ass for something so insignificant.

Though, clearly with the site breaking every single night around midnight for like 5 hours, they need better servers anyway.

Also, while many use adblocker anyway - almost NO advertisers want to be associated with websites that have 18+ material. Just look at what a pain moot goes through to find a very small few who are willing to advertise on 4chan.

They'd also have to add a lot of disclaimers - not just for those threads, but for the website as a whole, as it does contain adult content at that point and the warning just before a thread wouldn't suffice.
This might be the winning argument here. I don't think I have anything to counter that, since MAL needs a host and 18+ content could jeopardize that (despite its presence here already). Personally I use adblocker, so I don't see any ads. But yeah, you got me. It's up to mods now to see if they have a say about it.
Do you guys really want a mod reply to this thread that badly? I've read this post on the 4th page yet almost nobody forwarded a reply to this issue.
Jan 25, 2013 6:09 PM

Sep 2010
2013-01-26T09:50:38+08:00

TallonKarrde23,

Different webhosting services have varying policies regarding mature material. It sure would be nice if someone could provide statistical data instead of just taking your impression (or mine) on this as fact. ~,~'

( The site breaking during certain times might be caused by many club newsletter deliveries occurring concurrently. Simply disabling mass messaging did not solve that problem since people are tenacious enough to do it manually. And yes, that's a separate issue altogether. )

4chan is geared towards adult content (or at least that has been the common perception since the beginning). In contrast, this thread's proposal will involve boards invisible to the public by default which implies restricting search and advertisement bots from accessing those kinds of content.

This site's Terms of Service (and Privacy Policy) seem to be attached to the parent company itself so I don't know how difficult it would be for the admin to make modifications (or negotiations). As for the actual text, it would likely just be an additional paragraph or two.

2013-01-26T10:09:53+08:00
Jan 25, 2013 6:22 PM

Aug 2012
Tachii said:
MellowJello said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

This might be the winning argument here. I don't think I have anything to counter that, since MAL needs a host and 18+ content could jeopardize that (despite its presence here already). Personally I use adblocker, so I don't see any ads. But yeah, you got me. It's up to mods now to see if they have a say about it.
Do you guys really want a mod reply to this thread that badly? I've read this post on the 4th page yet almost nobody forwarded a reply to this issue.
It would appear that this is our next problem to tackle. And it seems that I've gotten enough support for this suggestion, so now we just need to work out all the kinks. Since I've no experience in this matter, I leave the solution to this to the MAL community.

@weakwithwords Thanks for already contributing!
MellowJelloJan 25, 2013 6:29 PM
Jan 25, 2013 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
As far as I can tell, this site is hosted in-house by its parent company Evolve Media/Gorilla Nation (which seems primarily to be a web marketing company from Los Angeles). And since this is primarily a private for-profit company, what's more important is probably ads. You can click the AdChoices link on the bottom to see a list of advertising companies that's farming information from this site, and you could read their policies. For example:
adBrite prohibits ads from displaying on sites with the following content:
  • Any pornographic material, adult material, or mature content including thinly censored nudity. Due to the risk of adult content, we do not allow image hosts or free web hosting services.

The question that remains is why secret clubs are allowed adult content; specifically, why this doesn't affect the ad policies. I posit that because secret clubs aren't linked to the site in any way, they aren't picked up by any search engine spiders. Perhaps this is the chance that MAL is willing to take...?

But if know the specific policy reason behind the secret clubs thing, then it should answer this thread as well.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 25, 2013 8:15 PM

Jun 2012
Seems pretty useless to do. If you want to fap use porn websites.
Jan 25, 2013 8:24 PM

Aug 2012
Shuhan said:
Thanks for your post Shuhan!
MellowJello said:
Hidden_Joker said:
Deserada said:
Go to hongfire if you're that excited about porn.

Why do everyone think this is for porn?
Knee-jerk reaction I suppose.
MellowJello said:
Knee-jerk reactions exist for a reason. But this suggestion is for mods to take into consideration, not veterans who instantly assume 18+ = porn (no offense to those users, including you).

Whether you think it's a stupid thing to do or not, would you mind stating whether you agree or disagree with the original suggestions, Shuhan?
Jan 25, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Mellow, everyone on this site can constantly change their age (I'm pretty sure). And if this does get approved, what if 18+ restricted threads become the most active threads on the site? Then everyone below that age number will be feeling quite left out on some good threads.

Just a small issue that I wanted to bring up for a while.

And sorry if someone posted a comment similar to this one earlier, because I don't read.
Jan 25, 2013 8:42 PM

Jun 2012
MellowJello said:
Shuhan said:
MellowJello said:
Hidden_Joker said:
Deserada said:

MellowJello said:
Knee-jerk reactions exist for a reason. But this suggestion is for mods to take into consideration, not veterans who instantly assume 18+ = porn (no offense to those users, including you).

Whether you think it's a stupid thing to do or not, would you mind stating whether you agree or disagree with the original suggestions, Shuhan?

I never said it was stupid, just useless. As for the suggestions I think Noobs suggestion for a warning of NSFW content would probably be the best. If a separate board is created I can predict that it more than likely end up being dead and unused.
Jan 25, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
PricklySmickey said:
Mellow, everyone on this site can constantly change their age (I'm pretty sure). And if this does get approved, what if 18+ restricted threads become the most active threads on the site? Then everyone below that age number will be feeling quite left out on some good threads.
Yeah, the age thing's been addressed. It's their problem, not anyone else's if they decide to change their age just to take a gander at 18+ content.
And if that's the case, then either those are really good discussion threads, or it means people honestly want something better to talk about than.. whatever's on Casual Discussion at the moment. We won't know until the suggestion goes through. And if you're right, they can just revert the suggestion.

PricklySmickey said:
And sorry if someone posted a comment similar to this one earlier, because I don't read.
Don't worry about it; that's why I'm here to answer concerns (even if they're repeats *cough* see above). But.. does that mean you won't read this reply? D:

@Shuhan Thanks for the reply! Sorry about the stupid part; I must've misread it.
Jan 25, 2013 8:48 PM

Aug 2012
Anyways, thanks for reading my input.

Okay? K! BAI! X)

hahahahahaha
Jan 25, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
Shuhan said:
MellowJello said:
Shuhan said:
MellowJello said:
Hidden_Joker said:
Deserada said:

MellowJello said:

I never said it was stupid, just useless. As for the suggestions I think Noobs suggestion for a warning of NSFW content would probably be the best. If a separate board is created I can predict that it more than likely end up being dead and unused.

Good point, but what if 18+ restricted threads are contained within the regular board discussions? It can just simply be clicking a button saying "Is this thread NSFM?" and when you click it, it slaps a "18+" label on it, warning/blocking anyone under the age of 18.

Then it'll be fine and 18+ threads won't die.
Jan 26, 2013 1:17 AM

Dec 2011
PricklySmickey said:

If the subforum is only visible to people who've denoted their age to 18+ or toggled their settings to see the 18+ subforum, then people who haven't won't know how active or inactive that subforum is, though I doubt activity elsewhere in the forums would suddenly decrease. If you look at this topic (which I assume is one that borders closest to an "18+ topic"), I think there's a only relatively small number of users posting in them, and there's nothing to suggest that people would only hang out there.
Jan 26, 2013 2:35 PM

Aug 2012
uzu-dragons said:
PricklySmickey said:

If the subforum is only visible to people who've denoted their age to 18+ or toggled their settings to see the 18+ subforum, then people who haven't won't know how active or inactive that subforum is, though I doubt activity elsewhere in the forums would suddenly decrease. If you look at this topic (which I assume is one that borders closest to an "18+ topic"), I think there's a only relatively small number of users posting in them, and there's nothing to suggest that people would only hang out there.

My bad, I didn't necessarily mean that the activity on the other threads would decrease, but under 18+ users would just feel a bit left out when there's popular 18+ threads going around.
Jan 26, 2013 11:41 PM
Jan 2013
PricklySmickey said:
uzu-dragons said:
PricklySmickey said:

My bad, I didn't necessarily mean that the activity on the other threads would decrease, but under 18+ users would just feel a bit left out when there's popular 18+ threads going around.

Isn't this true for all topics on the forum though?
Jan 26, 2013 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
So we're going to hide approximately half of the forum from those below 18 years old...

Question is... Why are we hiding?

I mean these "kids" are probably 10x more horny than half of the older posters.
Jan 27, 2013 12:08 AM

Nov 2010
YorozuyaGinSan said:
So we're going to hide approximately half of the forum from those below 18 years old...

This all started in the count to 9,000 thread when they started posting yaoi. People got banned for linking porn, so now they want to be able to post dirty yaoi pics in any thread with a 18+ label on it.

Yes that is right, if it is accepted, prepare for a magic even where more than half the site's 18 and under group will have their birthday and skip like 5 years.
Jan 27, 2013 12:10 AM

Aug 2012
@Introver Why you gotta beat me on all these responses? You are mostly correct though.
For extra information, refer here: What happened to the "Count to 9000" thread?
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Good question, but you shouldn't ask this thread.

The answer, of course, is "because MAL rules said so".

The more actual answer is because some people just don't want to see 18+ content. If there's no way to determine whether a thread has NSFM material in it, then an unwitting user will.. have a lot of unexpected reactions.

Anyway since you're here YorozuyaGinSan, mind telling us your position on the original suggestions?
MellowJelloJan 27, 2013 12:14 AM
Jan 27, 2013 6:29 AM

Aug 2012
Speaking for all 15 year olds I know including myself here.

The first thing we do when we get on the internet most of the time is porn. We ARE horny bastards.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Jan 27, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
well...its not like all the threads created in the 18+ selection will about porn? right...?
Jan 27, 2013 8:15 AM

Aug 2012
crosby_87 said:
well...its not like all the threads created in the 18+ selection will about porn? right...?
Aww come on! That's the third person who reacted like that!

Honestly I don't know. But I hope MAL is better than that...

Anyways, your stating your position on this would be great, crosby_87.

Lightning fast reply is lightning fast
Jan 27, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
MellowJello said:
crosby_87 said:
Aww come on! That's the third person who reacted like that!
It's not a bad reaction. I mean we already have threads where we talk about adult things, the only thing left is posting pictures. And do you think people will do that civilly.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

9 by httplatte »»
7 hours ago

» An option to change volume count for an entry based on where you've read the manga

_cjessop19_ - 8 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
8 hours ago

» If you liked X then you might like Y

thinkpad - Yesterday

0 by thinkpad »»
Yesterday, 6:14 AM

» How to add a New Anime streaming and downloading service as a company to MyAnimeList?

mylifegamer - Mar 5

2 by mylifegamer »»
Mar 26, 2:47 PM

» Give us the freedom to choose Favorites Character's picture on our profile page.

XXVMAL - Mar 19

17 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 26, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.