Forum Settings
Forums

For the ones who plan to have children in the future(all jokes aside)

New
Jan 20, 2013 6:02 AM

Sep 2012
For your future daughter or son or who's conceiving as we speak

who do you want your child to take after in anime

for daughter choose girl character

son choose guy character

ALSO STATE WHY

-------------------------------------------------------

Tabitha from Zero no Tsukaima (she's quiet and always reading)

and

Light from Death Note(I think)(hes a genius and quick on his feet with rebuttals and thinking

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2013 7:37 AM

Nov 2012
I've been actually quietly refreshing this page for about an hour now, and it is obvious to me that NO ONE on MAL wants to or thinks they will ever reproduce.

Girl: combination of Kirino from oreimo, Haruhara from FLCL, Misaki from Kaichou wa maid-sama and Taiga.
Boy: combination of Naota from FLCL, Seiji from Midori no Hibi, Jet from Cowboy Bebop and Takaki from Byousoku 5cm

Reasoning:

Girl: Kirino, Misaki, Taiga are all tsundere types to various degrees. I added Kirino because I hope a bit of perversion will be present (I consider it a necessary trait), Taiga because of her wild independence and Misaki because of capacity for hard work and sacrifice for what's important [to her]. Haruhara is there because a bit o creative "insanity" is needed in all.

Boy: Naota for loyalty and adaptability; Seiji for having the ability of not becoming what he was treated as (this would be the ability to suffer trough adversity without being too affected by it); Jet because Jet is fucking cool (also, intelligent and levelheaded + can cook - an important skill and is willing to sacrifice for his beliefs/ideals though in the end is a survivor); Takaki for learning how to let go before it really was too late
iSalaiJan 20, 2013 7:45 AM

Jan 20, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2011
pax967 said:
I've been actually quietly refreshing this page for about an hour now, and it is obvious to me that NO ONE on MAL wants to or thinks they will ever reproduce.
Ignoring the fact there are quite a few mal members that already have kids

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 20, 2013 7:42 AM

Dec 2012
Izaya from Durarara!!!

because he's smart, assertive, deadly with a knife, handsome, analytical and while being philosophical doesn't get in the way of fun. he's a deep, well balanced chaotic neutral character.

would be hella fun having a kid like that.
Jan 20, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
pax967 said:
They are ignored, yes, since they aren't part of the subgroup that thinks they will have kids. But thanks for spotting that mistake and telling me about it. Care to now contribute to the topic with something useful?

Jan 20, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
Damn Op, you say serious and then you say Light. So you seriously want your son to be a psycho with a god complex?
Jan 20, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
Monad said:
Damn Op, you say serious and then you say Light. So you seriously want your son to be a psycho with a god complex?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Not to mention he would kill his own father without hesitation. Well at least you'd have an interesting family life I suppose.

OT: For a girl I'd go with Ai Tanabe from Planetes. She's just pure through and through even in the most unreasonable situations. She goes for what she wants with an indestructible optimism. She's not the smartest or prettiest but she's got more than enough character to make up for that. The kind of girl that will make it out alright no matter what.

For a boy I really don't have a clear pick. Maybe Natsume, probably Okazaki but I haven't finished either anime so I can't give a full reasoning for it. But they're just good people which is more than enough.
Jan 20, 2013 12:22 PM
May 2012
Monad said:
This o.o.

I want...I'd rather anime characters as parents than children. :(
Jan 20, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
a boy and a girl and no i don't want them to have any character personality. i will go for original. ^_^

DevilSexorcist said:
Light from Death Note(I think)(hes a genius and quick on his feet with rebuttals and thinking

Good luck with your life.
Jan 20, 2013 12:37 PM

Oct 2012
Akiho Senomiya from Robotics;Notes
I just love Akiho's optimistic personality.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 20, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2012
Daughter (god forbid): Revy. Why do you think?

Son: Akuto Sai. He'll be the fucking Demon King. Who wouldn't be proud of that?
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 20, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2011
Not an anime character. But I'd like my son to take after Tavor. We could hang out and go fishing together or something.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jan 20, 2013 1:02 PM
Dec 2011
Han-yuu said:
a boy and a girl and no i don't want them to have any character personality. i will go for original. ^_^

this
Jan 20, 2013 1:03 PM

Jun 2008
I want my kids to like anime and manga 8D
Jan 20, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
toybox said:
Not an anime character. But I'd like my son to take after Tavor. We could hang out and go fishing together or something.

I don't know man, he may not feel like watching one of your favorite anime, LOGH, with you :L

Jan 20, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
Tavor said:
Akiho Senomiya from Robotics;Notes
I just love Akiho's optimistic personality.

Ah, great call. Optimism, motivation, all around great person who would make just about any parent proud.

I guess a boy with the same characteristics would be my choice for a son. However, I can't think of any off the top of my head right now.
Jan 20, 2013 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
Negative-Travis said:

Revy is impossible because Revy is the way she is because of her shitty childhood. Except if you plan on taking her to a shitty neighborhood, raping her and finally get killed by her your daughter won't become like Revy.

Anyway my daughter would be good to be like Makise Kirusu. She will be very smart and a good person with a strong personality to stand harsh things, also she will be amazing at using her own logic to understand the situation around her and quite open minded.
MonadJan 20, 2013 1:12 PM
Jan 20, 2013 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
Negative-Travis said:

Revy is impossible because Revy is the way she is because of her shitty childhood. Except if you plan on taking her to a shitty neighborhood, raping her and finally get killed by her your daughter won't become like Revy.
Damn you and your logic.
Then again, the title just says "take after".
You don't need to get raped and kill your dad in order to be a badass who doesn't take shit from people.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 20, 2013 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
Negative-Travis said:
Monad said:
Negative-Travis said:

Damn you and your logic.
Then again, the title just says "take after".
You don't need to get raped and kill your dad in order to be a badass who doesn't take shit from people.

Depending on the person, Yes you do. Revy's lust for normality and for something more pure(that made her attracted to our main guy) than her shitty life and ruthless ways shows that she's the kind of person that got formed into being like that by having her innocence ripped violent away while she was a person with actual gentle heart.
MonadSep 1, 2013 11:03 AM
Jan 20, 2013 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
Tavor said:
toybox said:

I don't know man, he may not feel like watching one of your favorite anime, LOGH, with you :L

At that point, he'll still be in his rebellious phase. Someday, he'll understand....
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jan 20, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
Girl wise, Sakura Kinomoto from CCS, for obvious reasons, or probably Tomoyo from Clannad, or Hinakigu from Hayate no Gotoku because they're so independent and smart.

Boy wise, maybe Akira from Eden of the East because he's so carefree and positive,, or Shouta from Kimi ni Todoke because he's very athletic and sweet.
Jan 20, 2013 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
Given the fact that most anime characters are fucked up in the head, I would not want my children to have anything that would hurt their chances at succeeding and living life to the fullest in this world.
Jan 20, 2013 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
Some random female demon hunter (exorcist, paladin, whatever) that hunts tentacle monsters. Or the other way around.

And no, I'm not kidding.
Jan 20, 2013 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
pax967 said:

I always thought that None of the MAL member was or thinking of getting married. And same for other anime forum site. XD
Jan 20, 2013 3:08 PM

Oct 2012
Claiming 100% is a pretty bold statement.

Jan 20, 2013 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
Misaki Mei from Another she's a peaceful character who is very accepting of everything around her. She's also been through a lot and is relatively okay with that.
Jan 20, 2013 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
If I have a daughter: Levy from Fairy Tail seems a good choice. She likes reading, she's peaceful, easy to like, and she also has pacience and is strong.
If I have a son: Maybe a bit like Kazehaya, from Kimi ni Todoke, and Ichigo from Bleach. If you mix them, you get a gentle guy who protects his beloved ones.
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Jan 20, 2013 4:30 PM

Dec 2011
I'd be happy with a son like Shikamaru. Lazy, but has a smart head on his shoulders and a good heart.

I don't want any daughters, but if I had one, a sweet girl like Sawako Kuronuma would be great.
Jan 20, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
Son, as an adult,
Spike, Jet, Togusa, Bright

Son, as a teen,
Firo, Ashitaka, Bernard Wiseman, Kou

Son, as a kid,
Izuruha

Daughter, as an adult,
Aozaki, Nagi, Celty

Daughter, as a teen,
Tsukiko, Kurisu

Daughter, as a kid,
Chihiro, Makoto Kanno
LittleCaesarsJan 20, 2013 6:23 PM
Jan 20, 2013 6:28 PM

Nov 2012
Daughter: Rin from Usagi Drop. For obvious reasons.
Son: Edward Elric. Genius, loyal, assertive. Only bad thing is that he's short. I wouldn't want a short son. Short people irl are always up to no good.
Jan 20, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2010
SunInSplendor said:
Son: Edward Elric.
You read the manga?
Jan 20, 2013 6:31 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
SunInSplendor said:
You read the manga?

Yes, I have.
Jan 20, 2013 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
SunInSplendor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
SunInSplendor said:
You read the manga?

Yes, I have.

Jan 20, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
If I have daughter: Kurumu Kurono from Rosario + Vampire. She is beautiful, caring and have heart of gold.

I don't have any idea for son for now.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 20, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2008
Daughter - Sasami Tsukuyomi
Son - Keima Katsuragi

I'd be a horrible father.
Jan 20, 2013 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
Son - Keima Katsuragi

Do you want your children to become hikikomori?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 20, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Paul said:
Son - Keima Katsuragi

Do you want your children to become hikikomori?

Maybe I should replace Sasami with Kirino, but minus the incest vibes.
Jan 20, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
Neane1993 said:
SunInSplendor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
SunInSplendor said:
You read the manga?

Yes, I have.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 7:34 PM
Jul 2012
Oh, so i'm not the only person that wanted to pull an usagi drop.
Jan 20, 2013 7:38 PM

Jan 2008
JavierR said:
Oh, so i'm not the only person that wanted to pull an usagi drop.

Jan 20, 2013 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
girl-Saber from fate zero. strong willed, knows wats right and wrong. a cool beauty is what ppl are going to say about her

boy-Luffy, cuz he will be out of my life the quickest cuz he is going to go on an "adventure" as soon as he can

Apr 2011
Neane1993 said:
Given the fact that most anime characters are fucked up in the head, I would not want my children to have anything that would hurt their chances at succeeding and living life to the fullest in this world.

I think you need to be a bit fucked up to live life to the fullest.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”

Oct 2012
Neane1993 said:

Sorta true...and kinda creepy in its own way, hmm...
Jan 20, 2013 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
I dont really want a boy(anime wise) because most boys from animes are either sick perverts, really annoying, or just not someone I think I would want to have. So, for a boy I suppose I'd say Ash Ketchum so he can get the hell out of my life when he's like 11.
Or maybe Hiroshi Inaba cause he's just so damn cute.

For a girl I'd want either Victorique de Blois or Tomoyo Sakagami. Victorique because shes cute, smart, and a kid I could actually handle. Tomoyo because she's gorgeous and kick-ass.
I like Potatoes
Jan 20, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2012
i dont want a son honestly i want a daughter, flame me but i really want one so i can name her Coralyne and also sorry to say its not a mans world anymore women are slowly but surely driving us out theoretically speaking

Jan 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Apr 2011
DevilSexorcist said:
i dont want a son honestly i want a daughter, flame me but i really want one so i can name her Coralyne and also sorry to say its not a mans world anymore women are slowly but surely driving us out theoretically speaking

Children are also driving us out so not sure why people would flame.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 20, 2013 8:23 PM

Oct 2012
DevilSexorcist said:

Just spill the beans and say you plan to rule the world with an army of the superior race, the Diclonius.

Jan 20, 2013 11:19 PM

Aug 2012
I want a daughter who is responsible, intelligent, has a good singing voice (so that someone will sing while I play the guitar), and can play a musical instrument as well.
Bonus traits: good looking, left-handed (so that someone will inherit my "left-handedness")

As for the son, it's hard to choose because I don't want my son to be like most of them personality-wise. But I think I'll choose this one:

Just because he's tall (for an asian he is tall) and very good at basketball (something I've never achieved).

My Youtube page: link
Jan 21, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
If I ever accidentally get a child, here are my choices:

Boy - Gintoki - that dude would make me laugh more often than I make myself laugh
Also, Natsu but with a little bit higher IQ. I always respect peeps who care deeply about their friends (not one of them unfortunately).

For a girl, I'd go with either Erza from FT or Makisu from Steins;Gate. I don't want my daughter to be wimpy Tsun. for God's sake. If you're going to be a tsun. at least be for a reason ... (which I doubt my daughter will have ...).
Jan 21, 2013 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not planning to have kids, neither a girlfriend or wife.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 16 minutes ago

2 by JKKH »»
38 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Yesterday

59 by AzafuseKingTora »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 1 hour ago

9 by Ricchan__ »»
22 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

36 by Vendicator »»
37 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.