Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2008 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, raw is out on veoh. This episode is... different. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. From my very limited knowledge of Japanese, it seems like there's this girl obsessed with voodoo and can curse people. This other girl told her she has a stalker and wants to get rid of him... so she tells the girl to curse him. She couldn't, so she used Jigoku Shoujo to get rid of the stalker. I lol'd at how she pulled the string without even listening to what Enma Ai had to say. At the end... it turns out that man wasn't a stalker in the first place...

Ouch, sucks to be her. Anyways, I'm really hoping for Yuzuki to play a bigger role, but it seems like I won't get my wish for awhile, considering every main character in the previous seasons did not get a big role until the end of the series.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 30, 2008 1:19 AM

Mar 2008
I really wonder why enma took that request..
the girl(kokkuri chan) didn't really hate the guy.. so it shouldn't fit in the agreement.. or is enma that desperate to collect souls this time around??
and the girl is really stupid.. i thought she would've sent the girl who requested for her help to hell rather than the guy(it didnt seem like she knew the guy's name anyways).. that way, nobody would ask her to kill anyone else anymore, and the story about that would be sealed shut..
i sympathize with kokkuri a bit.. she just wants to be noticed, but i guess she shouldn't have tried that hard, and go as far as cursing ppl..
and now she's going to be a real witch, and might have to dirty her own hands to materialize her 'curses'.. ^^;;
yuzuki's school will really be hell on earth then >.< yuzuki ganbare!!!
Nov 30, 2008 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
Ok! O_O WTF?
That's my impression of Kokuri Inoa! Yeah the whole episode was about Kokuri and her black magic ways.

Well guess what the curses worked but that could be just Enma Ai or somethings of hers causing mischief but Enma Ai did not like her! No one noticed how she was behind her staring at one point and how Enma was staring at that gate thing made of wood Kokuri used for her rituals?

Basically she tricked Kokuri because her arrogance.

If it was me: a) Would get rid of snotty bi*** that was bugging her or just tell her use Jigoku Shoujo yourself! B) Just kill them both! Get rid of the person bugging afterwards if anyone finds out the truth. Either way THAT WAS STUPID! Plain and simple.

1. My name is "I want to please my friends and be known as the best when really they take advantage of me!" Seriously I feel pity for her and would have sent not to hell let's just say. Maybe the darkness but not hell. The pain for her ain't right but eternal dakrness. Muhahahhah! That might be it!

BTW
I Think I am going to cry big time next episode! T_T Youngest person to appear to use the service in this third season! Noooooooo Enma so cruel!
slayer545-samaNov 30, 2008 7:55 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 30, 2008 12:46 PM

Mar 2008
I kinda feel bad for her in this ep. imo, this ep is one of the best one in the season so far (I like characters go nuts, especially the crazy twisted expression)
Dec 13, 2008 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
One guy has been sent to hell for being disgusting? ROFL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 14, 2008 7:52 PM
Jun 2008
lol.

This was an interesting episode. I liked it a lot more than previous ones. It was different and notice how the fortune teller didn't even wait for Jigoku Shoujo to explain haha. Her cursing everyone was cool, but yeah, she was stupid. Maybe she'll go psycho and kill the bully girl too, eventually.

Dec 15, 2008 3:03 AM

Jun 2008
This season is really overflowing with stupid contractors, one after the other they surprise you with their actions.

This time even Hone-onna said they were being idiots.
Dec 16, 2008 1:09 AM

Mar 2008
dragonshade said:
I kinda feel bad for her in this ep. imo, this ep is one of the best one in the season so far (I like characters go nuts, especially the crazy twisted expression)

yeah, too bad most the episodes are kind of blah =/

hopefully it will pick up and get real good later and they are just holding the stories back for later, since its the 3rd season they would expect people to sit through bad episodes to get to better ones
Dec 16, 2008 8:50 AM

Jun 2008
I thought this was the best episode so far
Dec 17, 2008 10:37 AM

Feb 2008
There is something that doesn't make any sense in this episode.How the hell did that Kokuri girl knew that student's name? I don't recall Nishino having told her...see,it doesn't have any logic at all.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Dec 17, 2008 3:34 PM
Dec 2007
Irony is great ! Kokkuri-san banzai ! This episode made me laugh so much - in the good way - ;) Probably the best epsiode of the season so far, as hirahira said.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 18, 2008 2:49 PM

May 2008
I'm disappointed with this episode. the girl was stupid to send the "stalker" to hell .

if i were the girl , i would rather send one of the other girl that is so buggy to hell instead of "stalker" .
Dec 18, 2008 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
A7Xrawks said:
I'm disappointed with this episode. the girl was stupid to send the "stalker" to hell .

if i were the girl , i would rather send one of the other girl that is so buggy to hell instead of "stalker" .

absolutely agreed with you but I am more extreme so I would kill those girls after sending that guy to hell
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 21, 2008 8:55 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-As someone who has seen Ghost Hunt (good anime btw)...please please dont summon Korkiri-san (or however you spell it).

-I seriously dont think Honne Onna is worried about being cursed, especially not by "Gon-san"

-"Can you curse people?" Who do you think she is, Hell Girl?

-Hmm so Gon-San can get revenge without having the people go to hell..look like Ai has competition (yeah right).

-"Jigoku Shojo is seems like such a bother, the fortune teller is much faster." Oh its on.

-Ok seriously Akie, your not cursed, now stop being crazy (crazy like a fox :D)

-Look if you want killing go to Hell Correspondence, Gon-san just handles the small stuff.

-Ai is getting jealous.

-Princess Kikuri doing Ai's line ("Wont you try dying this once.") = priceless, not to mention the fact that she immediately rode away laughing on a tricycle after she said it. "Yay I got the lines right." ^_^

-That girl is stealing their business.

-Ok lets recap here, you are getting mad at a girl because she cant/wont kill a dude who is stalking you...yeah thats a perfect valid reason to get mad at someone.

-Look you have to learn to kill your own stalkers, I mean just look at Ami-chan from Toradora if you need an example.

-Yup thats right, Hell Correspondence is now available on your Verizon mobile phone...can you hear me now?

-Ai: Now look girl you and I need to have a little talk about competition in a free market economy...and Hone Onna please do not insult the customer.

-*Yuzuki wakes up seeing the girl with the doll* Yup she knows whats coming.

-"Look everyone I killed him." And that is called taking credit for someone else s work.

-Yup your going to hell because you sent some random guy to hell for a bitch.

Post episode comments:

Ah how the stupid suffer. Overall an ok episode and I really loved Kikuri's imitation of Ai's lines.

Verdict:

Do you even have to ask? We never even learn anything much about the poor guy that gets sent to hell, heck the girl didnt even know who he was (Im guessing that she was able to access the Hell Correspondence because she internalized the grudge which she believed the other girl had towards him). Of course Hell Correspondence is a one time deal so not only does the girl go to hell when she die, but she also proved nothing since she cant kill anyone else for her bitchy "friends" poetic justice in a way.

NOT GUILTY (victory to Phoenix Wright!)

seeksterJan 1, 2009 6:30 PM
May 8, 2009 4:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
At first I thought it would be a basic episode, since everything seemed rather predictable. A few more details to the end made it an overall enjoyable episode though. I liked it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2009
Lmaaaoo. World breaking record, fastest person to pull the string goes to this fortune teller girl.

Guy got sent to hell because he's disgusting. Oh damn, I gotta love this series. :D
Nice episode. I didn't see that coming. Oh the ironies.
Jan 8, 2010 5:14 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, that was messed up. Poor "stalker" guy.
Jan 21, 2010 5:03 PM

Nov 2009
wow she was totally stupid!!! poor dude!!! XP
Apr 14, 2010 4:44 AM
Jul 2008
She didn't even have a grudge on the stalker. I thought it was more on the girl haha.
Jun 6, 2010 9:08 PM
May 2010
This ep is so messed up... a fortune teller is to tell fortune, not to curse and kill people....
it is called blind worship of God
Jul 17, 2010 8:51 AM

Mar 2010
SailorKagome said:
There is something that doesn't make any sense in this episode.How the hell did that Kokuri girl knew that student's name? I don't recall Nishino having told her...see,it doesn't have any logic at all.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! she just gave her a picture... so how did she suddenly know his name?!!?

silly episode, the fortune teller girl is obviously stupid for pulling that string. this is one of the few times that i don't feel sympathy for the puller.. cause she has it coming.
Oct 4, 2010 4:36 AM
Oct 2009
When Inao saw that stalker was still alive, she called for Ai through her cellphone, this part really bugs me, did she suddenly gain a pair of "shinigami eyes" from somewhere? How did she know that stalker's name?
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Feb 20, 2011 1:23 AM

Oct 2008
What bitches.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 21, 2011 1:08 PM

Jun 2009
No I think she hated him because he was alive and if he was alive the girl will tell everyone not to be around her anymore, she didn't want that to happen but even thought she did everything he was still alive so she hated him or that is what I think. Not too hard to understand eps anymore....!! yay!!
Jul 8, 2011 7:48 AM
Jun 2009
Ai shouldn't have even taken the case. And she shouldn't have carried out the revenge, because the string was pulled before she even got to explain the terms of the contract.

This episode was quite disappointing. What a stupid girl.
Jul 26, 2011 5:53 PM

Dec 2010
Really, this is the best Mitsuganae episode so far. It could have been part of Futukamori or even Season 1(if the sending wasn't rushed that much). The fortune teller girl really did something stupid - I expected for the bitch to send her or the vice-versia but people does not seem to be very smart in Mitsuganae. The way this episode ended(the sending went waste because it didn't make any sense when she looked at it and this sending didn't even solved her problems at all) is totally in the spirit of Jigoku Shoujo. I was hoping for this anime to get better as episodes passes and it's becoming true episode by episode, let's hope it wont end up too bad.
By the way, I forgot to say it on last episode, so I'll say it now. I feel like the only reason I'm watching Mitsuganae is Yuzuki. She really seems like reliable favorite character to me, let's see what she'll go through.
Aug 10, 2012 11:25 AM

May 2012
Damn what a story, it's her own fault though claiming something that she can't do!
I feel quite sad for that student he was send to hell for nothing... and what a horrible girl that just want's someone dead because he looks creepy...

It was rather a nice episode, Kikuri is still creepy as fuck :p

Up to episode 10!
Sep 18, 2012 10:38 PM

Apr 2011
One mess up episode! The victim was sent to hell, for being disgusting. Inao at first, did not dislike the victim, but she was trying so hard to kill him, that she muster up hatred for him. ROFL, what an irony. She lost her soul and now, she cannot ask for Emma service for that Nishino girl.
Mystere said:
Ai shouldn't have even taken the case. And she shouldn't have carried out the revenge, because the string was pulled before she even got to explain the terms of the contract.

This episode was quite disappointing. What a stupid girl.
Ai took the case, because she thinks that guy is disgusting too.

This what Japanese think of otaku and their lives are worth. lol
Sep 23, 2012 4:10 AM

Jan 2012
this show should be renamed to "Troll Girl" instead of hell girl...
Sep 26, 2012 12:36 PM

Jun 2012
This has got to be the first truly enjoyable episode of season three for me.

It actually felt like I was watching Jigoku Shoujo, unlike the previous eight episodes.

I'm happy that Kikuri was actually creepy this episode. I was rather disappointed whenever she went from "super creepy psycho girl" in the second season to "pointless wind-up doll" in the third season.

I hope the rest of the season continues to improve from here.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 27, 2012 10:46 AM

Jan 2012
Man this series gone done hill, hope there's some kind a plot development soon
Oct 14, 2012 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
This gotta be the stupidest MC in the whole series. I mean, really.
I so wanted to skip the episode because of her. But no, I gotta see the whole thing. I'm not that kind of a watcher.

Yuzuki, when will you get involved??

Okay, since I forgot her name (Yuzuki), I searched for it and accidentally read the middle part of her description here on MAL. Darn, I got spoiled!
Dec 13, 2012 2:13 PM

Jun 2011
Aww damn, this was a sad episode. I feel sorry for the girl because she's so pitiful and stupid =(
Mar 4, 2013 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
What a stupid girl... but her face in the end was priceless xD
Jun 25, 2013 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
I think she needs Hachiman Hikigaya words of wisdom
Oct 13, 2013 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
I hate this show. Stupid people, people with no logic, plot holes, I also noticed that there's no way they would just know that random guy's name.

And yet I don't know why I'm enjoying this nonsensical show.
Dec 6, 2013 1:20 AM

Jun 2012
somehow i think we all knew she would have to use hell link and this other girl just didn't wanna use hell link and used her to get way with it. well seriously this cursing girl should get worse then hell she doesn't even know the guy and in the end he was just a normal student hell isn't punishment enough for her.

MoeXtreme said:
I hate this show. Stupid people, people with no logic, plot holes, I also noticed that there's no way they would just know that random guy's name.

And yet I don't know why I'm enjoying this nonsensical show.

there is no name needed to use hell link if you saw season 1 and 2 it happened before for example with the stalker from season 1.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Aug 15, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
Finally one episode I found enjoying.
I still think the reasons why people are sent to hell are distant light years from the ones of seasons 1 and 2 though.
Aug 15, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
Zelgadis94 said:
Finally one episode I found enjoying.
I still think the reasons why people are sent to hell are distant light years from the ones of seasons 1 and 2 though.

Good point, the first 2 seasons were filled with some pretty intense situations where the series had to spotlight their stories. Season 3 seemed to focus more on the main characters and providing that long-awaited backstory, than the characters who were sent to hell which in my mind took 2nd stage.
Dec 10, 2014 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was more enjoyable than the others just because it was entertaining watching how stupid the kokkuri girl was for getting so obsessed with trying to kill that "stalker" who turned out to be nothing more than a minor nuissance. Way to go bitch, you're going to hell too because you were too stupid to realize what you were doing.

Fuck yeah Onna for lampshading how stupid the contractors are in this show!

3.5/5

Meritas said:
Really, this is the best Mitsuganae episode so far. It could have been part of Futukamori or even Season 1(if the sending wasn't rushed that much). The fortune teller girl really did something stupid - I expected for the bitch to send her or the vice-versia but people does not seem to be very smart in Mitsuganae. The way this episode ended(the sending went waste because it didn't make any sense when she looked at it and this sending didn't even solved her problems at all) is totally in the spirit of Jigoku Shoujo. I was hoping for this anime to get better as episodes passes and it's becoming true episode by episode, let's hope it wont end up too bad.
By the way, I forgot to say it on last episode, so I'll say it now. I feel like the only reason I'm watching Mitsuganae is Yuzuki. She really seems like reliable favorite character to me, let's see what she'll go through.
How can you not mention Ai, Ren, Onna, and Wanyuudo?! They are the original quartet that make this show so entertaining!
FunnyRatmanDec 10, 2014 2:25 AM

Oct 10, 2015 9:14 AM

Aug 2014
I think it would be better if the entire school was sent to hell. I am kinda tired from the luck of normal human beings in this anime.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
May 8, 2016 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
I have been waiting for the time where someone pulls the string before Ai can finish telling them the deal... the look on Ai's face was priceless.

This episode was beyond sad though.
Oct 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
this is the season of sending innocent people to hell
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 12, 2016 6:30 AM

May 2014
these kids are in middle school so of course these kids are going to have stupid reasons to send someone to hell. They are not thinking it through. Okay. Again Yuzuki needs to have a bigger role. At least she tried a little bit with telling her to stop cursing people, but she needs to try a little harder.
Sep 19, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2015
This fortune teller was dumb as fuck.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 21, 2017 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
bruh this was stupid af
Oct 18, 2017 2:14 PM
Sep 2015
Nice illuminati symbolism, can we please talk about that?

This ep was bad, so so bad
Nov 3, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
this gilt takes the word attention whore to a totally new lvl
Feb 18, 2018 7:02 AM

Oct 2015
That Nishino makes me sick, what was the first episode she appeared in? Felt pretty sad for the other girl whose loneliness has driven her to the danger zone..

And is it just me, or were the protagonists responsible for bringing her "curses" to fruition? why were they involving themselves in a case that isn't related to Hell Girl? I often wondered why Enma Ai hands over her straw doll before clarifying things first. Looks like "it's a trap"

One of this show's main weaknesses is that the protagonists randomly involve themselves to stop or instigate a problem for the hell of it. I don't get the morality behind that.
Jun 10, 2019 10:58 PM

Jun 2017
Ah, what a stupid girl, I can't help but feel bad for her, condemning herself to her just because of that, you should've sent that bi*ch instead of the innocent university student. FFS.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.