Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 30, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode to end the arc
Dec 12, 2013 9:33 AM

May 2012
Niizuma sure is amazing and now that he ended Crow things might get even more interesting with his new project! Either way the due ended on the second place and well that still was the best place the had so that's a huge plus! The ending sure was nice so let's see what's next!
Dec 28, 2013 6:06 AM

May 2013
I have a feeling theres gonna be bakuman 4
Jan 23, 2014 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
_DoctorWho_ said:
I have a feeling theres gonna be bakuman 4

This season started after the manga ended so I'm pretty sure the story will end at episode 25 : /
Feb 7, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, our crazy Niizuma won in the end. I predicted that, but it was still awesome. Well, it's far from over. He's now back more motivated than ever!

There is also Mashiro dream that he need to achieve. They need to manage to get somehow an anime for PCP. I don't know how they'll manage to do it since producer are scared of the negative feedback...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 11, 2014 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
I have to say, that so called great chapter of PCP was terribly boring.
It's great that Nizuma ended Crow the way he wanted, and he has even more manga completed, he really works a lot.
Mar 23, 2015 2:05 AM

Nov 2014
I would've been really disappointed if Eiji lost and couldn't end his own manga in the way he wants, glad that this didn't happen.
Awesome Eiji, waiting to see his new best manga ever
May 25, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2015
Been marathoning this show since Monday. Eiji is definitely my favorite, and it was nice to see an episode where he could shine. Just him going and thanking the authors was just such a nice nod at how much he's developed since the start.

Great show. Such a nice balance between the drama, the comedy, the romance, and dare I say, the "action"? I have no idea how I'll fill this void when I finish the show.
Mar 31, 2016 5:02 AM

Mar 2014
It all comes down to this . Battle vs. Idea , Mainstream vs. Non-Mainstream !!
Master Niizuma is a LEGEND . Hands down . A True Genius .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . "Eternal Arch-rivals."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2015
This episode is one of those episodes that you feel happy for everyone
Mar 26, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2016
One of the things that makes Bakuman so good is the relationship between mangakas. I love the "fair-play-ness" between them, and the most important thing is that the relationship between them feels real. It isn't the cheap "nakama" stuff we see so often, the whole thing seems and feels genuine.

5/5.
Jun 30, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2011
The reasonable outcome if you ask me, glad they went with it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 20, 2017 2:28 PM

May 2016
That was the best episode by far.
Feb 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
PCP is like... a bad manga.
How they'd even get published is beyond comprehension.
Mar 2, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2017
Niizuma is unstoppable
Dec 19, 2019 5:21 AM

Mar 2015
Still wasn't enough to stop CROW from ending, but it was for the best!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2020 1:39 PM

May 2018
Aww PCP couldn't beat CROW... At least Niizuma got to end CROW at its best ;)
Jan 13, 2021 5:37 PM

Jul 2017
Despite PCP's best efforts and fantastic quality in writing/art, CROW retained 1st and managed to end its run at the top of the mountain for its last 20 weeks, where Niizuma got to end it the way he always wanted it to end. CROW went on for 7+ years and became a damn successful and cherished manga for the magazine so Niizuma's definitely built a legacy already at such a young age in the field of manga, let alone the magazine. But he's by no means done and now that he has creative freedom again to create a whole new manga and aim for that to be the biggest and best manga of all time, he's sure fired up already along with Mashiro and Takagi who are in their own ways, fired up too to take him down. They have been planning for a new manga that's an unorthodox battle manga so it's about time they played that card to get the chance to compete with Niizuma on equal footing from the beginning itself. Great episode.
Mar 6, 2021 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
AMAZING EPISODE!

The ending speech by Niizuma was awesome. It's been a while since this series -- or any anime -- has made me feel emotional.

It was touching how he went to everyone's house to thank them.

And incredible how Niizuma just draws and draws to oblivion. While creating two manga series, it is revealed that he composed an entire back catalog of other throwaway series, all equalling Crow in quality. The character's not just a prodigy but a God. It's inspiring seeing how he never gets tired of drawing. And by being a non-stop doodle machine, he improved on his own. Almost makes me want to try it -- I like creating art a lot, but never find myself improving because I do it sparsely.

Finally, I've been noticing a lot of "badass"-intended moments throughout the anime. Where they act like the stakes are high, or like things are really emotional. But I always have to remind myself that they're talking about something as mundane as sketching. And yet, that is Bakuman's strength. It puts drawing manga on a similar plane as basketball, per se, or frickin swordfighting. It brings out the intense qualities of something that is otherwise perceived as simple. Which is why, when a character does something simple as drawing a manga chapter, it really does feel "badass" and high-stakes. And I'm all for it!

GREAT episode! It's been awhile since we've had a good look at the Niizuma character. I was hooked!
Apr 29, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2016
Niizuma is always a badass. I love this CRROWWWWWW kid. Dude really is a genius for being able to have free time between the two mangas and creating new storylines.

Jun 30, 2021 4:32 AM
Feb 2021
Does no one have a problem with how Niizuma has been played up as a genius. I thought series was trying to be pretty realistic by showing even a genius-type like Niizuma cannot be no. 1 directly and how he was always no. 3 or 2. But now he has already got probably 100 reams of manuscripts/name written which are on par or even better than crow. WTH is this. This is not even physically possible if we go by what the anime has told us about manga making. I found this very disappointing.
Aug 2, 2021 9:20 PM

Jan 2020
Despite Ashirogi's best attempt to take 1st place, fate decided to let CROW end peacefully, well it's better than a certain author that died before he can finish his long running manga....
Aug 2, 2021 9:21 PM

Jan 2020
I guess this is the first time Eiji visited Ashirogi's studio...
Oct 24, 2021 4:15 PM

Dec 2007
i will start saying that ashirogi muto done really well done job on their special chapter, just loved how they showed it and how it were written. it sure also seems that it's ohba who wrote it, so many lines like in DN xD
the whole part of the editorial department praising it was nice too.

moving on - the last chapter of CROW.
damn i so loved how they did the cover of jack for it.
ashirogi muto talking about eiji added a lot too.

next is the star of this show - nizuma eiji.
he surely is one of the best written characters here, little OP (the whole thing of "the manga i'm writing in my spare time between natural and crow" lol) but had good personality to keep his character engaging, the whole part he went every author wrote about his manga was super lol too.

about the comments, i loled very much about hiramaru comment xDDDDD
they keeps his gags even when he's not in person.

next arc - man that's going to be great :D
Dec 8, 2021 11:13 PM

Sep 2018
Niizuma the GOAT, knew the others wouldn't win
Nov 10, 2022 3:55 PM

Jan 2020
In the end, no one could surpass CROW eh? I will say, I liked how the cover of Jack looked plastered in that deep blue with CROW on it. I wish we could've seen some panels, but overall that was a nice touch.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 10, 2022 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
PCP seems cool. Definitely get Death Note vibes. I was going to say I would read it if it were real, but who am I kidding? My ADHD doesn't allow me to read manga, lol. I'd watch it, though!

I'm glad Niizuma got to end his manga the way he wanted to. As someone who works for a shitty company, it made me personally angry when they said things like, "a creator's manga is no longer his own when it's serialized," and "he can't end it because we'll lose revenue." (Not that "Jack" is necessarily a shitty company, of course, but it struck a nerve with me for that reason.) I know that all they're concerned about is money, but things need to end when they're meant to. Like, 90% of everything I've watched, especially within the last 5-10 years, has had a great start and a mediocre ending at best for this reason. We want good media as a whole!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.