Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shinsekai yori Episode 16 Discussion


Jan 20, 2013 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
I don't know man. I don't know if A-1 is being serious or what...
 
Jan 20, 2013 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1292
I hope they will not change ending song.
 
Jan 20, 2013 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 150
The "opening video" was a nice touch~ Hmm, Squealer is getting more and more suspicious @__@ Looks like another time skip next episode. I also wanted more of that sex scene ;__;
 
Jan 20, 2013 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2836
Damn, this is getting intense! Will they be able to find them in only one day?
 
Jan 20, 2013 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Wow Mamoru really screwed up the crew and dragged Maria into his weak and childish behavior .

dankickyou said:
Good ep. The dream sequence looked like The Nightosphere from Adventure Time.

Lol didn't think about that till I read this

Airies said:
they should do a two episode hentai ova and explain everything through them fucking.

That's what we really need ....it better happen
Modified by Amon-Raw, Jan 20, 2013 3:02 PM
 
Jan 20, 2013 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3439
Amon-Raw said:
Wow Mamoru really screwed up the crew and dragged Maria into his weak and childish behavior .
If you look at it this way, Mamoru opened Maria's eyes and Maria open Saki's eyes to see what their village really IS.


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Jan 20, 2013 3:16 PM
Kami-sama

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3238
This series improved a lot .
 
Jan 20, 2013 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 229
MoonageDaydream said:
darkmar7 said:
OMG an Opening lol and the anime is 26 episode in. I thought that at first but then realized it was just a flashback between Saki and Maria. This anime gets better and better with every episode. Now we get to see them as adults and the queerrats look more influential. I really hope Saki remembers Shun at one point. And This anime also has an amazing Ending. Saki is a great character with alot to show


Don't worry. She will have remembered everything by the next episode. Tomiko said that once she's an adult, she can do whatever she want with her memories and there's no way Saki would choose to not get her memories back.


That would be amazing . This anime keeps getting better and better. I love it
 
Jan 20, 2013 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 13
Siva said:
Amon-Raw said:
Wow Mamoru really screwed up the crew and dragged Maria into his weak and childish behavior .
If you look at it this way, Mamoru opened Maria's eyes and Maria open Saki's eyes to see what their village really IS.


The way I see it Saki is questioning the society ways since she saw the 'library pet'. Maybe now she will question in a more effective way but she already was always thinking about it... Though I really think she still doesn't have an answear to what could be better...
 
Jan 20, 2013 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
I have no idea whether I loved or hated the ep... I really don't. And that's why this series is pretty awesome, since it certainly raises very strong emotions, something that not many series do to me. And THAT I like. Makes me really wish I could get my hands on a copy of the novel, translated into something I could actually read.

Maria's fate truly saddens me. She's probably my favourite character, and if the bane of all mankind spawns from her one way or another, I will cry bitter tears forever and ever. Earlier I thought about the discussion of their names, and how they have a deeper meaning. Maria... well, I suppose it's pretty self-explanatory. And then when they showed the queerat queen, after a bit of eyeing some discussion about the episode it made me wonder if the queerats could do that to a human to obtain a god of their own... and I shuddered thoroughly. Buuut... probably it will end up being nothing like that. But I'm sure it will be agonising to watch in any case.

As a side note this sort of made me understand the raging fangirls a little better when their OTP doesn't happen after all. XD ...not that it wasn't crystal clear from the beginning that it was all doomed. But one can always wish. (Goodbye SakixMaria </3)
 
Jan 20, 2013 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.

Other than that the following,

Scared the crap out of me. A Maria thinking she will be split in half cause of the cat? Damn it sure is scary!
Modified by Yumekichi11, Jan 21, 2013 8:38 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 20, 2013 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4966
Yumekichi11 said:
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.


WTF are you talking about?....
The Art of Eight
 
Jan 20, 2013 9:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.


WTF are you talking about?....
That sex was needed more to show a stress relief than to show what the LN showed. That's all.

And also to tell people that a sex scene in detail can be a possibility in the manga cause it's far more ecchi than the series. There are nipples in it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 20, 2013 10:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4966
Yumekichi11 said:
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.


WTF are you talking about?....
That sex was needed more to show a stress relief than to show what the LN showed. That's all.

And also to tell people that a sex scene in detail can be a possibility in the manga cause it's far more ecchi than the series. There are nipples in it.


No. The sex was character and plot development. Two best friends who are attracted to each other find themselves alone in the world leads to sex and tightening of the bond between them. Also, its a novel not a LN and the manga is not canon.
The Art of Eight
 
Jan 20, 2013 10:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2021
I was like: "AN OPENING, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
Anyway, a good episode overall - 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 20, 2013 10:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.


WTF are you talking about?....
That sex was needed more to show a stress relief than to show what the LN showed. That's all.

And also to tell people that a sex scene in detail can be a possibility in the manga cause it's far more ecchi than the series. There are nipples in it.


No. The sex was character and plot development. Two best friends who are attracted to each other find themselves alone in the world leads to sex and tightening of the bond between them.
To me it looked more like stress relief cause of Saki's breakdown. If Satoshi did not do that, nothing might have worked to help her distress out.
dankickyou said:
Also, its a novel not a LN and the manga is not canon.
Fine Novel still the manga is by far better IMO. More gore, better creature design and serious ecchi unlike most familiars of any serious ecchi situation.

BTW the ecchi in the mangas is not as people think. It's really there with emotions and not just to erect you TBH.
lifestyLe said:
I was like: "AN OPENING, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
To inform you most people FAILED at that part. It's more a musical synopsis that tells of Maria's story at the youngest age possible when she meets Saki and love at first sight.

The music also it mean Maria's feelings and a form of conveying.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 20, 2013 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 959
the forum is confusin gme greatly,
so to sum it up, the op was the ed and they had off screen sex?
 
Jan 20, 2013 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
I also know the kid in Saki's dream and nope I don't read novel.

He is most likely the child that Maria x Mamoru will make. The child means that Maria will die for his birth most likely.

Moreover the hell and all the people are just shows of the kid being perhaps the most dangerous Karma Demon ever to live. Perhaps that might be the bad omen that was predicted by Saki.
Avato-chan said:
the forum is confusin gme greatly,
so to sum it up, the op was the ed and they had off screen sex?
The OP was nothing more than a Maria intro at her young age and feelings conveying.

Yes when the igloo was shown instead with the snowstorm outside.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 21, 2013 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 33
What is with all comments about sex...? Who cares, everyone fuck sooner or later...xD

BTW, this is one of my favorite animes i have ever seen...i just love post apocalyptic stories...! :D And this has some awesome twisted plot in it...perfect!!! *__* <3 But i hate they are already 26 years in the next episode...>__> What...like nothing happended for whole 10 years???
Modified by Vicemilan, Jan 21, 2013 1:01 AM
 
Jan 21, 2013 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Echelonex said:
Can anyone tell me in what fucking scene they had sex...??? Seriously guys, every comment i read about this anime is about sex...! In the manga - yes, they had sex! But in the Anime, cant you all see that they had their clothes on while they were sleeping...??? I mean guys, seriously...-_- people obviously see what they want to see...
I was thinking they were at first but I noticed it was the covers. They had nothing on really.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 21, 2013 1:00 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 33
Yumekichi11 said:
Echelonex said:
Can anyone tell me in what fucking scene they had sex...??? Seriously guys, every comment i read about this anime is about sex...! In the manga - yes, they had sex! But in the Anime, cant you all see that they had their clothes on while they were sleeping...??? I mean guys, seriously...-_- people obviously see what they want to see...
I was thinking they were at first but I noticed it was the covers. They had nothing on really.


Yeah, you are right...:D I watched that part again, they were naked after all...;)
 
Jan 21, 2013 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Echelonex said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Echelonex said:
Can anyone tell me in what fucking scene they had sex...??? Seriously guys, every comment i read about this anime is about sex...! In the manga - yes, they had sex! But in the Anime, cant you all see that they had their clothes on while they were sleeping...??? I mean guys, seriously...-_- people obviously see what they want to see...
I was thinking they were at first but I noticed it was the covers. They had nothing on really.


Yeah, you are right...:D I watched that part again, they were naked after all...;)
But you should try to understand my explanation of why. I am really telling about it the smart way. I don't care of the act but more as to the why other than the obvious.

Also they changed the Shun part during sex of both to when Satoshi runs away and she thinks he looks like Shun. That seemed not to be noticed.

Well in thee end you got to be glad other than the actual sex that Saki is a full fledged woman and she is calmer less going wacko over Maria.

The sex was also a good psychological remedy to forget her old lover.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 21, 2013 1:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 33
Yeah, i realise that, dont have any problem with the way character and story development is done, its awesome acutally...:D

Here, have some awesome HD wallpapers i took for myself...:3 this was my favorite scene in this ep...

http://pbrd.co/ViXIZV
http://pbrd.co/VUDd7W
http://pbrd.co/VUDfNe
 
Jan 21, 2013 1:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 3942
Not a great episode, but not bad either. Not much happened other than continuing to look for Maria and Mamoru and nearly all of the first half was their memories. I also didn't understand the ending, what the words meant, and who "she" was.
The next episode looks good, getting to the origin of something or something.
4/5.

 
Jan 21, 2013 2:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 189
Yumekichi11 said:
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.


WTF are you talking about?....
That sex was needed more to show a stress relief than to show what the LN showed. That's all.

And also to tell people that a sex scene in detail can be a possibility in the manga cause it's far more ecchi than the series. There are nipples in it.


No. The sex was character and plot development. Two best friends who are attracted to each other find themselves alone in the world leads to sex and tightening of the bond between them.
To me it looked more like stress relief cause of Saki's breakdown. If Satoshi did not do that, nothing might have worked to help her distress out.


"To me it looked more like stress relief cause of Saki's breakdown. If Satoshi did not do that, nothing might have worked to help her distress out."

Well it's both actually.

Anyway from now on Saki and Satoru are a couple.
 
Jan 21, 2013 6:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3439
Ulla said:
Siva said:
Amon-Raw said:
Wow Mamoru really screwed up the crew and dragged Maria into his weak and childish behavior .
If you look at it this way, Mamoru opened Maria's eyes and Maria open Saki's eyes to see what their village really IS.


The way I see it Saki is questioning the society ways since she saw the 'library pet'. Maybe now she will question in a more effective way but she already was always thinking about it... Though I really think she still doesn't have an answear to what could be better...
That is true that she is always question the society since the beginning but she never got a clue where her answer really is.


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Jan 21, 2013 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
kpk10 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am very disappointed in a lot of people while reading the sex scene expectations. Most of omitted this:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/41575/Shinsekai_yori
You should research and think more positive. It will be in there. If they could make Maria and Saki suck their nipples, I think it would be easy for it to be in there. Sadly not all is out yet. What they basically showed is more visual and besides they can always remove the igloo in the Bds and show it out full blown who knows.

Man, people. You should at least have some hope in fan art hentai mangas. I mean at this point most would be check it out to see how a fan would want it. I am sure sexually lots of people will give out their impression on custom art I however was content but it was awkward. They showed them naked.

About theorization of Saki's pain and what can cancel it out. However I know for a fact that sex is a stress relief in this series. What can = the pain Saki was feeling at the time Satoshi hugged her? It is only one thing that one would dare to say. Satoshi needed to break her hymen and induce her a pain as much as she had. If he did it rough it would amount to fixing out the balance. At least Saki did not become a Karma demon. It looked the escalation was horrible.

Well anyway, yes the hymen breaking was IMO the only way to make Saki forget of the shitty mood she is in and calm her down. It’s obvious her face at the end says it all of her happiness.


WTF are you talking about?....
That sex was needed more to show a stress relief than to show what the LN showed. That's all.

And also to tell people that a sex scene in detail can be a possibility in the manga cause it's far more ecchi than the series. There are nipples in it.


No. The sex was character and plot development. Two best friends who are attracted to each other find themselves alone in the world leads to sex and tightening of the bond between them.
To me it looked more like stress relief cause of Saki's breakdown. If Satoshi did not do that, nothing might have worked to help her distress out.


"To me it looked more like stress relief cause of Saki's breakdown. If Satoshi did not do that, nothing might have worked to help her distress out."

Well it's both actually.

Anyway from now on Saki and Satoru are a couple.
I knew it! Confirmations are cool all the time.

And that's why everyone should see that difference from the Novel and what the anime was trying to show in its own ways.

OK it's not the best and the Novel has it best but the effort is still nice.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 21, 2013 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
There's so much... "..this happened in the novel!" shit in this thread.

Spoilers everywhere... annoying.


Anyways, solid episode and it really demonstrated how alone Satoru and Saki really are. I cannot wait until next episode and we see SEXY 26 yr old Satoru, Saki, and what's become of the Queerrats.

Love this show.
 
Jan 21, 2013 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46853
Echelonex said:
Here, have some awesome HD wallpapers i took for myself...:3 this was my favorite scene in this ep...

http://pbrd.co/ViXIZV
http://pbrd.co/VUDd7W
http://pbrd.co/VUDfNe

Dayum! Beautiful scenes. ♥

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Jan 21, 2013 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
I need to know about this:

WTF is that? Why when it eats those damn bugs it splatters blood?

The thing looks to have some pointy breasts and deformations beyond anything. WTF is it?

Man looks like Maria deformed but who knows. I don't know WTF it is but it looks like what it's eating might have been human before and is mutated.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 22, 2013 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 870
To Yumekichi11: personally to me this reminds of Queerats' Queens. Remember when Saki and Satoru met queen of Robber Fly colony for the first time? She almost ate Squealer.
 
Jan 22, 2013 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4966
Yumekichi11 said:
Fine Novel still the manga is by far better IMO. More gore, better creature design and serious ecchi unlike most familiars of any serious ecchi situation.

BTW the ecchi in the mangas is not as people think. It's really there with emotions and not just to erect you TBH..


Ive read a few chapters of the manga. It was pretty bad...
The Art of Eight
 
Jan 22, 2013 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
dankickyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Fine Novel still the manga is by far better IMO. More gore, better creature design and serious ecchi unlike most familiars of any serious ecchi situation.

BTW the ecchi in the mangas is not as people think. It's really there with emotions and not just to erect you TBH..


Ive read a few chapters of the manga. It was pretty bad...
Well at least compared to the episodes before, it's better drawn IMO. You can't deny that and especially the monster. Squealer looks 10 times better in the manga than this episode and the ones before. The queen looks nastier too TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 22, 2013 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8780
Less to take in than previous episodes, but no less overwhelming.

That letter... so heartwrenching. And then that dream...

Next episode is post-timeskip 2.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Jan 22, 2013 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 213
People are forgetting that the anime is following the light novel not the manga. The manga takes place in an alternative story line.

Yumekichi11 said:
I need to know about this:


WTF is that? Why when it eats those damn bugs it splatters blood?

The thing looks to have some pointy breasts and deformations beyond anything. WTF is it?

Man looks like Maria deformed but who knows. I don't know WTF it is but it looks like what it's eating might have been human before and is mutated.


Could be a deformed fiend for all we know. We have floating figures that aren't as abnormal and the fiend is eating them as their food source. This applies a fiend killing a human one by one becoming more twisted and corrupt with every killed.
 
Jan 22, 2013 4:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 329
This show gets better with every episode.
I know it is early but if Shin Sekai Yori keeps up like this I see it being one of my favorites of the year, I absolutely love it. I feel sorry for all them people who droppd it due to episode 7.
While the current season is pretty poor shows like this, psycho pass and Jojo are making this season a bareable.
 
Jan 22, 2013 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
AnimeForDummies said:
People are forgetting that the anime is following the light novel not the manga. The manga takes place in an alternative story line.

Yumekichi11 said:
I need to know about this:

WTF is that? Why when it eats those damn bugs it splatters blood?

The thing looks to have some pointy breasts and deformations beyond anything. WTF is it?

Man looks like Maria deformed but who knows. I don't know WTF it is but it looks like what it's eating might have been human before and is mutated.


Could be a deformed fiend for all we know. We have floating figures that aren't as abnormal and the fiend is eating them as their food source. This applies a fiend killing a human one by one becoming more twisted and corrupt with every killed.
I see, it does indeed look like that.

This can only go back to being a bad omen.

What's more shocking is that it could be Maria's kid and that of Mamoru. There is a huge give away with hair color change....it looks like the same one as of Maria herself. Here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2041/regregergsacsiangure_zps1e27dfc3.gif
that's the part I meant.

Coincidence?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 22, 2013 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 213
Yumekichi11 said:
AnimeForDummies said:
I see, it does indeed look like that.


This can only go back to being a bad omen.

What's more shocking is that it could be Maria's kid and that of Mamoru. There is a huge give away with hair color change....it looks like the same one as of Maria herself. Here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2041/regregergsacsiangure_zps1e27dfc3.gif
that's the part I meant.

Coincidence?


Still think of that to be Shun because of how the hair looks like a tree root. Could never trust the random colors they used during the crazy scenes like this.
 
Jan 22, 2013 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1381
Yumekichi11 said:
AnimeForDummies said:
People are forgetting that the anime is following the light novel not the manga. The manga takes place in an alternative story line.

Yumekichi11 said:
I need to know about this:

WTF is that? Why when it eats those damn bugs it splatters blood?

The thing looks to have some pointy breasts and deformations beyond anything. WTF is it?

Man looks like Maria deformed but who knows. I don't know WTF it is but it looks like what it's eating might have been human before and is mutated.


Could be a deformed fiend for all we know. We have floating figures that aren't as abnormal and the fiend is eating them as their food source. This applies a fiend killing a human one by one becoming more twisted and corrupt with every killed.
I see, it does indeed look like that.

This can only go back to being a bad omen.

What's more shocking is that it could be Maria's kid and that of Mamoru. There is a huge give away with hair color change....it looks like the same one as of Maria herself. Here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2041/regregergsacsiangure_zps1e27dfc3.gif
that's the part I meant.

Coincidence?


When I saw it raw I thought it was Shun because I didn't understand what was going on. But when I saw it subbed I thought it could be the son but I didn't want to say that on here. I didn't think people would be posting spoilers of what is going to happen later on this thread and thought that I shouldn't be either.
 
Jan 22, 2013 6:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1381
How do so many people know about Saki and Satoru having sex in that scene? I haven't been able to find any translation that goes that far into the book or any spoilers on that. If there is a translation available that goes on much past 140 pages, I'd like to know about it.
 
Jan 22, 2013 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
MoonageDaydream said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AnimeForDummies said:
People are forgetting that the anime is following the light novel not the manga. The manga takes place in an alternative story line.

Yumekichi11 said:
I need to know about this:

WTF is that? Why when it eats those damn bugs it splatters blood?

The thing looks to have some pointy breasts and deformations beyond anything. WTF is it?

Man looks like Maria deformed but who knows. I don't know WTF it is but it looks like what it's eating might have been human before and is mutated.


Could be a deformed fiend for all we know. We have floating figures that aren't as abnormal and the fiend is eating them as their food source. This applies a fiend killing a human one by one becoming more twisted and corrupt with every killed.
I see, it does indeed look like that.

This can only go back to being a bad omen.

What's more shocking is that it could be Maria's kid and that of Mamoru. There is a huge give away with hair color change....it looks like the same one as of Maria herself. Here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2041/regregergsacsiangure_zps1e27dfc3.gif
that's the part I meant.

Coincidence?


When I saw it raw I thought it was Shun because I didn't understand what was going on. But when I saw it subbed I thought it could be the son but I didn't want to say that on here. I didn't think people would be posting spoilers of what is going to happen later on this thread and thought that I shouldn't be either.
It did not occur to me to be Shun but a haunting of him coming back sounds like a nice theory. Maybe his soul will be the one born of that person?

Interesting. This is all interesting to see unfold further.
AnimeForDummies said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AnimeForDummies said:
I see, it does indeed look like that.


This can only go back to being a bad omen.

What's more shocking is that it could be Maria's kid and that of Mamoru. There is a huge give away with hair color change....it looks like the same one as of Maria herself. Here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2041/regregergsacsiangure_zps1e27dfc3.gif
that's the part I meant.

Coincidence?


Still think of that to be Shun because of how the hair looks like a tree root. Could never trust the random colors they used during the crazy scenes like this.
I agree but it never occurred to me TBH for that person to be Shun but perhaps it might for Shun technically had to kill himself and some say that makes you go to hell automatically. That place looked like hell.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 23, 2013 4:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 16913
another timeskip?

Yes.....
 
Jan 23, 2013 5:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 213
MoonageDaydream said:
How do so many people know about Saki and Satoru having sex in that scene? I haven't been able to find any translation that goes that far into the book or any spoilers on that. If there is a translation available that goes on much past 140 pages, I'd like to know about it.


The fact their nude in their sleeping bags but its hard to tell. If they have a romantic relationship with the time skip then we can infer they had sex behind the scenes at some point.
 
Jan 23, 2013 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 158
saki's nightmare is disturbing and messed up...
 
Jan 24, 2013 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 10
Nex,they will become 26.
But aren't they made to change their memory?
And will they do role of controlling child?
 
Jan 24, 2013 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7112
Yumekichi11 said:
I need to know about this:

WTF is that? Why when it eats those damn bugs it splatters blood?



Was this episode directed by Masaaki Yuasa?
 
Jan 24, 2013 11:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 264
Her dreams are probably symbolic of things to come. Also, narrator Saki mentioned that Maria is a key figure in causing some big major event, which is further reinforced in this episode with the guy in Saki's dream saying that Maria needs to die. I think Maria might cause some sort of resistance or whatever to change the society that she finds so screwed up. Or maybe she might become a fiend. Or maybe there might be something intrinsically special about her, I don't know.

I always predicted that it was gonna be Saki X Satoru from since episode 1. Even with all the "I love Shun" and Saki X Shun tease, I never lost confidence that it was gonna be Saki and Satoru in the end, even if Shun somehow came back to life. Their relationship just screams "Yep, its gonna be these two." Then there's the fact that Satoru just gets a whole lot more screen time and "with Saki" time.

Did they have sex though? They're both naked and all but this anime is pretty explicit about intimacy so I expected more.
 
Jan 25, 2013 12:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Bobjones said:

I always predicted that it was gonna be Saki X Satoru from since episode 1. Even with all the "I love Shun" and Saki X Shun tease, I never lost confidence that it was gonna be Saki and Satoru in the end, even if Shun somehow came back to life. Their relationship just screams "Yep, its gonna be these two." Then there's the fact that Satoru just gets a whole lot more screen time and "with Saki" time.

They were best friends and Shinsekai is probably one of the few series where being friends actually means something and is not an excuse to keep potential love interests around...(i know, it sounds weird to put it like that considering how their society works)
Bobjones said:

Did they have sex though? They're both naked and all but this anime is pretty explicit about intimacy so I expected more.

Yes they did. It's been quite explicit in the older episodes, but i don't think they've ever shown characters naked.
Mormegil said:

Was this episode directed by Masaaki Yuasa?

Not the first time it's been brought up. But no, i don't think he was involved in the episode.
 
Jan 25, 2013 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1700
This was a great episode. Surprised there was a OP but its listed as a ED theme though.
Was surprised there was a sex scene wonder were that lies in the novel.
 
Feb 2, 2013 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 228
I love this show.
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

Preview MangaManga Store