3 out of 5: It was OK

24 5.27%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

7 1.54%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 0.88%
Voters: 455

Jan 18, 2013 8:55 AM
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WTF?!

An OP?!?! Why now? 0__O

Jan 18, 2013 9:03 AM

kpk10 said:
An OP?!?! Why now? 0__O

Ikr? I was surprised as well.

I'm glad to see some of those kids during their childhood days in that OP song. I have mixed feelings for it though. I still think the ED song is better imo.

Reliving the memories:

Also, interesting ending there. Nice episode again.

Jan 18, 2013 9:15 AM
Also, they skipped over Saki and Satoru's sex scene!!!

NOOOOOO!!!

I mean, it was still obvious that they had sex but I wanted to see more...
Modified by kpk10, Jan 18, 2013 9:31 AM

Jan 18, 2013 9:56 AM
kpk10 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
WTF?!

An OP?!?! Why now? 0__O
maybe third arc ed?

Jan 18, 2013 10:25 AM
pinotto90 said:
kpk10 said:
WTF?!

An OP?!?! Why now? 0__O
maybe third arc ed?

Yeah, probably.

Jan 18, 2013 11:57 AM

Appears we enter another time shift next episode. And yes, wasn't expecting an OP this late.

Jan 18, 2013 3:07 PM

This is the new ED, not OP.
english isn't my native language...

Jan 18, 2013 3:08 PM
mixordia said:

Well either way I don't like it...

Jan 18, 2013 7:18 PM
kpk10 said:
mixordia said:

Well either way I don't like it...

This is probably neither an OP nor a new ED you guys. It was just a Maria-insert song to add more impact to the fact that Saki will probably never see her longest-time friend ever again.

I cried to hear it sung by HanaKana and seeing flashbacks of their friendship like that. Even the beautiful love scene with Saki and Satoru wasn't enough to get me over my pains. Wahhh, Maria & Mamoru :'(

Jan 18, 2013 8:38 PM
Anime Moderator
kpk10 said:

NOOOOOO!!!

What?!? O_o They had sex?

Interesting intro this time with HanaKana's singing and all those flashbacks...it's so sad to see how much has changed from the innocent and happy days ;_; I don't really understand Saki's weird dream...it probably has some kind of symbolic meaning? Also, I love the part where Satoru and Saki are talking about leaving the village. Satoru is so adorable (especially his sleeping face!) and he's the only one that can lighten the mood in the anime. Time skip next episode! Looking forward to that!

Jan 18, 2013 9:03 PM

kpk10 said:

NOOOOOO!!!

THIS. It wasn't explicit enough! haha, I'm so dirty. But it's unfair! Why wouldn't they show a hetero kiss? I'm sad.

I really like Maria's monologue! It was a great one! And I'm really intrigued why he said that Maria has to die. :O

And 26 years old Satoru looks really sexy.
Modified by Kurini, Jan 18, 2013 9:08 PM

Jan 18, 2013 9:05 PM
Watching Saki read that letter Maria wrote and those flashbacks were really sad. They looked so happy there and then it got to the part where Maria knew that Mamoru would be killed and everyone's memories would be erased if they ever went back.

Looks like we have another time skip in the next episode.
kpk10 said:
WTF?!

An OP?!?! Why now? 0__O
tingy said:
kpk10 said:

NOOOOOO!!!

Those were my thoughts exactly. LOL

Jan 18, 2013 9:10 PM

tingy said:

I was actually about to ask all of you guys. Did the have... sex? Because that was part was confusing. And in the novel, the sex between Satoru and Saki took a big role in their memories and future.

;__; I'm so disappointed and angry if that was the sex! ( ≧Д≦) 。゜THAT WASN'T EVEN GOOD SEX. that was just them naked sleeping next to each other. Nothing else. I will admit that the hugging and cuteness was pretty adorable, but I'm just. Really disappointed now. .-. The sex was necessary in this case. If they can show Saki/Maria and Satoru/Shun all over each other they can show Saki and Satoru, the ONE couple that actually does end up happening. щ(゜ロ゜щ) TOO UPSET. They better do it again as adults and it better be done right. I want at least five minutes of a sex scene. (´∩`。) 。:゚(I'm so angry right now I could punch someone.)

BUT. Putting that aside, I did enjoy everything else. I thought Maria's goodbye was pretty well done. I love the fact that her leaving made a lot of sense and how she explained everything so beautifully. The really girly intro OP (which wasn't even an OP, just like a song for memories) was okay... like not fantastic or mind-blowing. It was just okay. Pretty cute though I must say. They were both adorable as little children. I'm also dead set that there is gonna be a war between the rats and the humans. I am almost certain. Shit is gonna go down between them.

I don't know. Now I'm just too angry at the fact that that was probably the sex scene and I'm just. I'M UPSET.

SSY I love you, but. /shakes head Not today.

Jan 18, 2013 9:19 PM

myuun said:

I can see the post turning into an analyse of that naked scene. And I understand your feeling! But I'm pretty sure the fact that they are naked is to imply that they had sex. If not, I don't see why they would show us a scene like that. (to makes us angry? lol)

Jan 18, 2013 9:20 PM

Great episode, another time-skip next episode huh? I wonder how many there are for this series.
Best boi, fite me

Jan 18, 2013 9:28 PM

Kurini said:

I can see the post turning into an analyse of that naked scene. And I understand your feeling! But I'm pretty sure the fact that they are naked is to imply that they had sex. If not, I don't see why they would show us a scene like that. (to makes us angry? lol)

Yeah I know, it probably was the sex scene. But so much was supposed to happen during that scene that didn't and that is so upsetting. Important things were supposed to be discovered by Satoru and Saki. I mean they gave us all the lovely yuri and yaoi during the past episodes. But they gave us almost nothing for the only relationship that actually does happen. ;A;
KaiserNazrin said:
Great episode, another time-skip next episode huh? I wonder how many there are for this series.

This is the last time skip. The adult one is the final one.

Jan 18, 2013 9:30 PM

Wonderful episode! The director of this episode did a great job. Although I was kind of expecting this sort of tragic development, this episode really got to me u.u
The intro song sang by Hanazawa, and all of those flashbacks of Saki and Maria together... really well done.
Also when Maria was narrating the letter...loved all of those sequences. Her narrative and illustrations made me empathize a lot more with the situation u.u
Their reality is harsh...and even though Maria and Mamoru tried to run away from it, I don't think they will be allowed a happy ending. Saki's dream foreshadows more tragedy u.u
The soundtrack really complemented the emotional scenes.
Loved Saki and Satoru's interactions. How he was comforting her, trying to help her cope with it, and he trying to cope with it himself.
Time skip next episode. Can't wait to see how will things change.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”

Jan 18, 2013 9:31 PM

The Queerats are getting more powerful. Great episode. More time skip :) Interesting that they have an OP now. And it doesn't have spoilers either...
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 18, 2013 9:32 PM
myuun said:
tingy said:

I was actually about to ask all of you guys. Did the have... sex? Because that was part was confusing. And in the novel, the sex between Satoru and Saki took a big role in their memories and future.

;__; I'm so disappointed and angry if that was the sex! ( ≧Д≦) 。゜THAT WASN'T EVEN GOOD SEX. that was just them naked sleeping next to each other. Nothing else. I will admit that the hugging and cuteness was pretty adorable, but I'm just. Really disappointed now. .-. The sex was necessary in this case. If they can show Saki/Maria and Satoru/Shun all over each other they can show Saki and Satoru, the ONE couple that actually does end up happening. щ(゜ロ゜щ) TOO UPSET. They better do it again as adults and it better be done right. I want at least five minutes of a sex scene. (´∩`。) 。:゚(I'm so angry right now I could punch someone.)

I don't know. Now I'm just too angry at the fact that that was probably the sex scene and I'm just. I'M UPSET.

SSY I love you, but. /shakes head Not today.
I would probably understand if the sex was really just fanservice that didn't contribute a thing to the story, but it does contribute a lot to this episode. They didn't have to show the entire act, but at least show them starting to do it.

Jan 18, 2013 9:35 PM

AiCon said:
I would probably understand if the sex was really just fanservice that didn't contribute a thing to the story, but it does contribute a lot to this episode. They didn't have to show the entire act, but at least show them starting to do it.

Right?! Or at least like a little bit of them doing it (like him on top of her or something that wasn't too revealing). Something like that. Even if it was just a little bit. ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ
I feel like I would be way more accepting of that ten second after sex flash if I hadn't read the novel spoilers. OTL they really missed a huge development portion though and that's what I am so frustrated about.

Jan 18, 2013 9:38 PM
myuun said:
Right?! Or at least like a little bit of them doing it (like him on top of her or something that wasn't too revealing). Something like that. Even if it was just a little bit. ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ
I feel like I would be way more accepting of that ten second after sex flash if I hadn't read the novel spoilers. OTL they really missed a huge development portion though and that's what I am so frustrated about.
They weren't afraid to some nakedness with loli Maria and Saki, but they couldn't show us a few seconds of Saki laying down with Satoru on top of her? WTF?!

Jan 18, 2013 9:39 PM

they should do a two episode hentai ova and explain everything through them fucking.

Jan 18, 2013 10:06 PM

Airies said:
they should do a two episode hentai ova and explain everything through them fucking.

That would be perfect.

Jan 18, 2013 10:25 PM
Maria has a point, but it seems Saki and Satoru keep chasing them anyhow.

Her dream was interesting. Will she not save Saki just b/c she was told in the dream? If so, odd. We shall see.

Jan 18, 2013 10:51 PM

Airies said:

(。≖‿≖。✿) Agreed. Oh, so, very agreed.
eminagnam said:
Maria has a point, but it seems Saki and Satoru keep chasing them anyhow.

Her dream was interesting. Will she not save Saki just b/c she was told in the dream? If so, odd. We shall see.

Do you mean will Saki not save Maria because she was told in her dream? I think Saki will keep trying 'till the last hour of the time they gave her to locate them but eventually they will have to go back to the village and comply with Maria's wishes and let the Satoru's grandmother know that they are dead.

Jan 18, 2013 10:54 PM
she got the D ;D i'd have laid pipe on saki too <3

those queerrats :excaliburface: shifty motherfuckers. and fuck. they seem like a more powerful race next ep with that dog thing. conniving rats, they need to be exterminated
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 18, 2013 10:54 PM

Airies said:

seems legit!

Jan 18, 2013 11:19 PM

Perhaps it will be done as a flashback scene ?
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv

Jan 18, 2013 11:20 PM

Dayum. They had sex.

Timeskip next episode. I love how this show utilizes its narrator to tell you these horrible, ominous things to keep you on the edge. God damn, I'm about to fall off that edge. What dream Shun said corroborated with Saki's monologue about Maria's birth in episode 2. I cannot wait until the big revelation.

Jan 18, 2013 11:24 PM

I don't think the OP song we got this episode is an opening at all. This is probably just an inserted song performance.

And this is the moment I have been waiting for! They finally question their society! This is becoming more dystopia like!

I think the boy in Saki's dream is Shun.

And....... another timeskip! Squealer Yakomaru looks like he got a lot of power in the society now!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 18, 2013 11:26 PM

Episode 16.5 showing them having sexy and remembering the things,someone wants too?

At least them can do a flashback saying about the sex,if i remember clear from spoilers them actually have sex but its only said in the time skip when them show that them remembered shun,but i dunno,i don't remember.

Also i have 100% they didn't showed at least a bit of them having sexy and remember things,because of the shitstorm when them showed their society,yaoi and yuri,and for the plot them might have sacrificied one of most wanted scenes in the anime because of ridiculous people saying too much about what happened in last episodes.

Jan 18, 2013 11:38 PM

akira25ysai said:
Airies said:

seems legit!

Jan 18, 2013 11:44 PM

That Squealer is acting like an another smeagol... He looking and acting too damn suspicious in the preview, I'm getting really curious as to what he is planning. e_e

Jan 19, 2013 12:33 AM

Fucking hell. Really? They had sex and didn't show it? And apparently it was important to the storyline too?! WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW IT. I've loved the relationship between Satoru/Saki since the first time they almost had sex. Now that they had it, they didn't show it? Grrrr. This is the worst. Hopefully they will show a flashback on it. I really hope so.

This episode gave me the most feels so far.

Jan 19, 2013 12:39 AM

Another time skip, opens the road for new possibilities.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Jan 19, 2013 1:02 AM

AiCon said:
myuun said:
They weren't afraid to some nakedness with loli Maria and Saki, but they couldn't show us a few seconds of Saki laying down with Satoru on top of her? WTF?!

Tbh i doubt they ever planned on showing sex between two 14 year old.
Yuri/yaoi scenes only involved kissing/hugging and nothing else.
The lack of on-screen sex shouldn't rly ruin one of the best episodes of the series...

Anyway, great episode and made it clear once again how close that grp of friend is (was?). I expected them to find Maria and Mamoru before the second timeskip, but it seems their role will be more important than i thought.
Also, lol at Satoru trying to cheer Saki up by talking about random cantus theories...

Jan 19, 2013 1:09 AM

everyone in this anime is bisexual, mind = blown

Jan 19, 2013 1:22 AM

Good ep. The dream sequence looked like The Nightosphere from Adventure Time.
The Art of Eight

Jan 19, 2013 1:50 AM

The way the story is going Maria's probably dead especially with an opening dedicated to her.

Jan 19, 2013 2:08 AM
I was really touched on both occasions when Satoru hugged Saki. It was then I really felt the depth of their friendship. You could tell they were both struggling to cope with Maria and Mamoru's disappearance. I think if Saki wasn't there for Satoru to comfort, he would have gotten very angry or violent or something. While it looked like Saki was leaning on him, they're really leaning on each other.

They are the only ones who know the truth now. And they're the only ones who are left. The sex was something they both needed, not just as a stress reliever but because they are so utterly alone.

Jan 19, 2013 2:11 AM
Bad news for Saki x Satoru shippers... after Saki and Satoru "sealed the deal" they are now officially a couple and they will stay a couple until the end of the show, so no point in shipping them to be together anymore... :/
Modified by kpk10, Jan 19, 2013 2:21 AM

Jan 19, 2013 2:20 AM
Satoru and Saki's mutual support of each other was the most interesting part of their relationship to me, and I don't think that would change with them married. In fact, that aspect would only be amplified with them as adults, so I'll still be looking forward to seeing them interact next week.

As a shipper, I'm feeling more storm clouds over Saki and Maria... Shin Sekai Yuri no more! D:

Jan 19, 2013 2:32 AM
Figures that most of the comments here will revolve around the character's sexuality...

Anyway, I loved how Maria's farewell letter was visualized, it really added depth to her and Saki's relationship, making the moment when they realized they had to give up searching for Maria and Mamoru even more emotional.

Saki's bizarre nightmare foreboded tragic future events concerning Maria again, but the surreal visuals alone were enough to spark my interest.

Jan 19, 2013 2:49 AM
I take it you're unimpressed with our comments, Unimpressed? ;D

Jan 19, 2013 2:58 AM

Really great episode. The beginning with Maria's monologue was perfect. With that being said, I shouldn't have read this thread. Please, next time, do think about people who don't watch the preview for the next episode.

Jan 19, 2013 2:59 AM

They might be planning to give us some of those important details from the sex scene next episode. Indeed that sort of makes sense actually. Hint at it, give our minds a week to become used to the idea, then we'll absorb the details better instead of just reacting to "look sex!"

In any case, I don't think that episode worked as well as most have. Though this isn't really their thought; someone reading a long and important letter and then thinking about the implications is the sort of thing that novels do really well but is difficult to televise to full satisfaction.

But still, the dream scene was really weird and impressionistic, the feelings and interactions shot through with intense realism; so much good stuff still.

And ooh, more timeskip!
Modified by logopolis, Jan 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Jan 19, 2013 3:27 AM
Another fucking timeskip? Goddammit.

Jan 19, 2013 3:37 AM
Sorayin said:
Another fucking timeskip? Goddammit.

It's the last one so don't worry.

Also, what Saki said "The two of us were alone in this world"... Just broke my heart :-(

So sad. But at least they have each other...

Though I'm sure they'll find new friends in 12 years.
Modified by kpk10, Jan 19, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 19, 2013 6:07 AM

Roboris said:
AiCon said:
myuun said:

The lack of on-screen sex shouldn't rly ruin one of the best episodes of the series...

Really? Well, I think it does. And I dont understand what the hell the stuido is doing. They had no problems animating the homo stuff, I think they would have had no problems going to the same extend with the hetero. I wonder why they didnt. Bias?
For me, it really ruins the series. What is their problem, damn it!

The episode really gave me the feeling that Saki loved Maria and is with Satoru only because he is the only thing left, not because she likes him. Is that what the anime team wants to hint? Pathetic.
Modified by AlexGK, Jan 19, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 19, 2013 6:16 AM
AlexGK said:
Roboris said:
AiCon said:
myuun said:

Really? Well, I think it does. And I dont understand what the hell the stuido is doing. They had no problems animating the homo stuff, I think they would have had no problems going to the same extend with the hetero. I wonder why they didnt. Bias?
For me, it really ruins the series. What is their problem, damn it!

The episode really gave me the feeling that Saki loved Maria and is with Satoru only because he is the only thing left, not because she likes him. Is that what the anime team wants to hint? Pathetic.

Huh?

Saki doesn't see Maria like that. Sure she loves her but not LIKE THAT.

I think Maria knew it too, that's why she didn't ask for Saki to come with her. She also saw in episode 14 how Saki "chose" Satoru over her when she went after him instead of staying behind with her and Mamuro. I mean Satoru did tell her not to come and was surprised to find out that she did.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store