Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2008 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
Subs are out!
http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=174348

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good action like people wanted and I find th story getting nice! Looking forwards to more. This episode kept me on the edges of my seat cause I though Fortis 545 and Aisaka were going to be dead!

I am happy they are both ok and Izzard Aureolus screw Izzard and his lame lame lame excuses and idealism! Using people among other reasons as means to a ultimate goal is always a crappy reason but good for a plot I guess.

As a a little freaking of HoaRy this pic is no other than Touma and his crazy scary scene with his arm becoming into a a crazy monster! Question

1.I am happy Index is ok!
2.I am happy that Aisaka is ok and now this getting into a Harem! Touma has her and Index. This looks to me more haremmish (two girls?)+maybe rail gun girl?

BTW someone please make a gif of Index eating apples! PLEASE! She is so cute when munching those apples! :D

slayer545-samaDec 1, 2008 3:51 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 29, 2008 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Touma was really scary when his arm got cut.

Yeah, Misaka will appear again next episode =)
Nov 30, 2008 2:37 AM

Nov 2008
did Aureolus snap because someone else already did what he wanted to do?
that kinda lame but the episode is good in general. Got to see Touma in his glory like from ep2. At the end it sounds like Aisa going to be gone for a long time if not for good. Oh well, Mikoto taking major role from next ep so hope it will get better

Nov 30, 2008 2:44 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

:3

That was a really nice episode. The fight had a nice atmosphere and the end with Index at the hospital was just hilarious. Really good stuff.
cyruzNov 30, 2008 2:54 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 30, 2008 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Oh crap... my thought about this episode is "It has started."
Damn that was really nice.

00:15:25
msn said:
[23:37:41] cyruz: higurashi-modo
[23:37:43] De-Jay: Higurashi style
Nov 30, 2008 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
cyruz said:

That was a really nice episode. The fight had a nice atmosphere and the end with Index at the hospital was just hilarious. Really good stuff.

Very cute one is Index in this pic!
Nov 30, 2008 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
It was an awesome episode XD It had good action and laughs at the end :) 5/5

Nov 30, 2008 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode ^^, plenty of action this time around, still can't believe Aurleous lost D: but stabbing himself with needles = @_@ so now he adds another girl to his collection O_O wonder what happened to the electricity girl at the start =/
Nov 30, 2008 3:30 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm quite good episode for a series as limited as this one. Still, it felt a bit random and out of place many times, but well, I guess it's the style of this show.

But finally we get to see some Mikata next episode, I was craving for that ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 30, 2008 3:32 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Crimsonwill said:
wonder what happened to the electricity girl at the start =/

Didn't watch the preview? You'll get plenty of her next week.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 30, 2008 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
Hooray! Index is finally back on track to Awesomeville!

Only thing though, shock or no shock, he should have fainted in less than 5 minutes from the severe blood loss. And putting it back is one complicated surgery! Never watched ER?

Oh, second thing: Aureolus was one hell of a retard! 3 years of planning to turn her into a vampire?

Next ep will be great! I love Railgun girl!
Nov 30, 2008 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
I feel bad for Aureolus he had a good character design. :(
Nov 30, 2008 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:

:3

Index is <:3

Absolutely awesome episode. Higurashi style indeed.

And yay, lots of electricity girl next episode. ^.^

slayer545 said:

Question Does Izzard Aureolus really die and get eaten by Touma? If so then his imagine breaker can now create illusions and apply them like in Chaos head?

BTW someone please make a gif of Index eating apples! PLEASE! She is so cute when munching those apples! :D

No, Touma cannot create illusions; that dragon thingy that was attached to Touma's arm was created by Izzard's own powers. And yes, Izzard is dead. I think. I'm pretty sure at least since there was that whole blood squirting sound and blood when it flashed back to the incident.

And yes, please make a gif of Index eating apples. Moar Index is required.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 30, 2008 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
I am greatly disappointed. This series went from ok to an infinite loop of sucky plot. I mean - WHY do all the bad guys have the same motivation. It's like the entire world is one large - LETS SAVE INDEX YAY conspiracy, except that no-one bothers to work together. I had hoped they could atleast make up somekind of other excuse, but this is just lame.
Also, while speaking of the devil, why is memoryloss the only thing that the scriptwriters could make up. So far 50% of the entire cast has lost their memories during the series. Touma, Index and now also aurelos.
Secondly - I am beginning to hate Index - her character is so annoying. Makes you wonder why the entire world wants to save her...

Lastly, while I am at it. This episode made no sense. I can accept that that aurelius dude can manifest his thoughts into reality - thats a quite cool ability and they used it well. BUT - how the heck did the Fire-mage-dude get back to normal? I mean it is not like aurelius imagined him back or anything, because if that was the case we would have expected instant regeneration of touma's arm, when aurelius lost control, which clearly wasnt the case - since he was fixed at the hospital. A quite significant plothole - especially when they went to such great length to descripe aurelius ability and why/how it works....

Next to it actually ending..eventually.., the only only highlight of this episode was that index got hardly any screentime - god bless you for that.

//end rant
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Nov 30, 2008 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
cyruz said:
Crimsonwill said:
wonder what happened to the electricity girl at the start =/

Didn't watch the preview? You'll get plenty of her next week.

Not only that next week will be about clones! The rail gun girl will be there as well and yes you will see her powers most likely! Get ready for more blood and gore! At least I hope they recreate what the manga already did.
Nov 30, 2008 4:08 PM
Jun 2008
The one thing I loved about this episode was when Touma got into that psycho mode. That was badass. Other than that, I'm glad Himegami is okay. I like her. And yeah, I don't understand how the fire mage got his flesh back.
Nov 30, 2008 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
Thousand-Eyes said:
The one thing I loved about this episode was when Touma got into that psycho mode. That was badass. Other than that, I'm glad Himegami is okay. I like her. And yeah, I don't understand how the fire mage got his flesh back.

I have a theory, imagine breaker reversal and don't ask me how cause that I do not know but I do know if anything did something it is either Himegami or Touma's imagine breaker that's for sure cause I doubt Fortis could do anything in his situation.
Nov 30, 2008 6:11 PM
Oct 2007
I'm pretty sure Fortis was healed/restored because Touma convinced Aureolus that his alchemy powers were no longer working, so those thoughts became reality and the damage was undone.
Nov 30, 2008 7:19 PM

Jun 2007
mishap said:
I'm pretty sure Fortis was healed/restored because Touma convinced Aureolus that his alchemy powers were no longer working, so those thoughts became reality and the damage was undone.

Correct, they even said they changed his form and set him back into the wild. So that means he could be another person or living thing.

@slayer545 - The fire mage got his skin back thanks to the Alchemist second guessing if his powers worked or not. Like Touma mentioned, the Alchemist turned his thoughts into reality. So basically once he started thinking his powers no longer worked, cretin things he was thinking about started going back to the way they where before he altered them. You can see he looks back to check if the Fire Mage is still dead and out pops a perfectly fine Fire Mage.
Nov 30, 2008 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. The part where Styil lost his skin made me feel a little sick for a second.
Nov 30, 2008 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
mishap said:

Correct, they even said they changed his form and set him back into the wild. So that means he could be another person or living thing.

@slayer545 - The fire mage got his skin back thanks to the Alchemist second guessing if his powers worked or not. Like Touma mentioned, the Alchemist turned his thoughts into reality. So basically once he started thinking his powers no longer worked, cretin things he was thinking about started going back to the way they where before he altered them. You can see he looks back to check if the Fire Mage is still dead and out pops a perfectly fine Fire Mage.

Thanks DeathfireD! You sure have ways to clear things up fast! :)

After subs thoughts

Well thanks to DeathfireD but also to the subs, I know that Aureolus-san got his memories wiped, his form changed and was released but by form change it is not known whether it is human or not.

In any case, the Ars Magna exists! Upon reading I came into something interesting. Ars magna being a philosophy of winning opponents into the Christian faith. Read about it and you might have some logic that Aureolus was against the magicians anyways. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Llull
slayer545-samaDec 1, 2008 4:06 AM
Dec 1, 2008 12:00 AM

Mar 2008
hmm, biribiri next episode. index is a great way to make me laugh in the middle of a serious scene....and touma...you're a scary son of a bitch. higurashi is over that way, thank you
Dec 1, 2008 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
DRAGON-PUNCH!

Touma was GAR as usual this episode

moving back to the original plot next episode XD
Dec 1, 2008 12:28 AM

Jun 2007
Good episode the face of touma with the fight against Aureolus was just great :D also loved the fact that himegami is going to stay with touma :D more himegami screen time :D

Dec 1, 2008 3:07 AM
Jul 2008
Good Action
Good comedy
Great badass touma

And the story is reaching the plotline of the manga yupii...:D
Dec 1, 2008 3:30 AM

Jan 2008
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
mishap said:

No - because if that was the case Touma would have had his arm back aswell - which obviously didnt happen, since he had it reattatched later at the hospital. What we are looking at is nothing but a weird Plot hole.
When aurelius started doubting his powers they dont work, but they are not undone! (or atleast they are not consistantly undone)
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Dec 1, 2008 3:47 AM

Feb 2008
Touma is GAR.
Dec 1, 2008 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
Geez, so many things that didn't make sense. Anyway, Auleius or whatever his name is sure is weak to be beaten just like that.

NG 2/5
Dec 1, 2008 5:01 AM

Nov 2008
id said:
Geez, so many things that didn't make sense. Anyway, Auleius or whatever his name is sure is weak to be beaten just like that.

NG 2/5

You can say he is pretty weak mentally.
Dec 1, 2008 6:50 AM

Jul 2008
nice fight, but still the action isnt really the ones, i am normally expecting. its more about mind and strategy, but still i want to see touma beating guys up or gain more skills.
Seem next one is ,finally after so much magic based theme, a psy one now.

Dec 1, 2008 6:52 AM

Jul 2007
-N0iR- said:
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
mishap said:

No - because if that was the case Touma would have had his arm back aswell - which obviously didnt happen, since he had it reattatched later at the hospital. What we are looking at is nothing but a weird Plot hole.
When aurelius started doubting his powers they dont work, but they are not undone! (or atleast they are not consistantly undone)

maybe the writer/s just needed him back in the hospital? lmao. because yeah, touma's arm should've been reattached when aurelous stopped thinking about it. major plot hole there but in any case, it was a good ep nonetheless.

so like jun in kannagi who has a goddess/shrine maiden, a childhood friend and a nun, touma now has a nun and a shrine maiden. HOOZAH. it's the season for "holy girls" LMAO
Dec 1, 2008 7:05 AM

Aug 2008
That creeps out...
The monster the pops out from Touma's hand. >__>
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 1, 2008 7:12 AM
Mar 2008
-N0iR- said:
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
mishap said:

No. I don't think it's a plot hole. Aureolus thought that his Ars Magna lost his power. Then he thought that thinking that would bring Fortis back. As a result, it DID bring Fortis back. I guess he was too busy being scared of the hand to think that it would be sewn back. Instead, he thought about that dragon-thing. Again, as a result, that's what happened.
Dec 1, 2008 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
So I guess we can add harem to genres soon. And... hmm funny mushrooms? ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 1, 2008 11:40 AM

Apr 2008
higurashi no index? xD

btw. nice episode :)

index <3

Dec 1, 2008 11:45 AM

Dec 2008
A few things about Touma's arm. I don't think he should get it back. You see, his arm was cut by the sword not directly by Aureolus' power. If Aureolus had thought that Touma's arm gets cut, then after what happened he may had got it back, but his arm was torn cause of the damage the creation caused. For example, if Touma touched the damaged wall that was hit by the bullets, would the wall go back to normal? In other words, if the sword is the "Created Reality" the damage it caused is something real, it can't be negated.
Well, that is my theory anyway.
Now, at last, the masks had fallen away. The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed. Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me: More powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me. The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion -
Hope.
Dec 1, 2008 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
So is this what this show is going to be about? A magician of the day who is linked to Index and doesn't know that she's already saved, creating misunderstanding after misunderstanding with Touma ending up in the hospital at the end of the arc. It tooks something generally novel and made it cliche in a couple of episodes.
Dec 1, 2008 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
Good action in this episode, I really enjoyed it a lot. For a long time I wasn't sure if Touma arm had gotten cut off because they didn't really show where his arm would be, and then I learned that his arm was a dragon, so I was a little shocked with that.

I'm looking forward to the next episode with rail-gun girl.
Dec 1, 2008 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful episode! So Aureolus wanted to save Index? Another lolicon then ^^ (hmm no, he was kinda cool)

Touma owned everything again. That dragon was uber great ^^ But i felt some pity for Aureolus...
Dec 1, 2008 1:15 PM

Nov 2008
akuma2002 said:
Wonderful episode! So Aureolus wanted to save Index? Another lolicon then ^^ (hmm no, he was kinda cool)

Touma owned everything again. That dragon was uber great ^^ But i felt some pity for Aureolus...

Seems the anime is getting better in the arts that is for sure! That dragon was awesome and drawn nicely in HD! Very nice indeed but they better make the Rail gun girl arc good! My favorite one cause Accelerator is coming I am not telling more than this because people do not like spoilers! :P
Dec 1, 2008 2:08 PM

Apr 2008
Whoa, Touma's GARness at least doubled in this episode. Dragon Punch indeed. But Stiyl getting his skin ripped off was damn creepy. Also, Index sure knows how to kill the tension. I think I must get myself an apple now.

Dec 1, 2008 3:09 PM

Jun 2007
-N0iR- said:
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
mishap said:

No because Touma's arm nullifies any type of magic. The attack done to his arm was physical however even if the Alchemist thought of Touma's arm reattaching, it wouldn't happen. In-staid Touma used the situation to his advantage by making the Alchemist think of him as a crazy person (aka. a demon) which then produced that crazy demon arm.
Dec 1, 2008 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
-N0iR- said:
slayer545 said:
DeathfireD said:
mishap said:

No because Touma's arm nullifies any type of magic. The attack done to his arm was physical however even if the Alchemist thought of Touma's arm reattaching, it wouldn't happen. In-staid Touma used the situation to his advantage by making the Alchemist think of him as a crazy person (aka. a demon) which then produced that crazy demon arm.

Yet both of your explanations do not explain of why would Touma's arm reattach itself? Logically from deduction of both your comments (DeathfireD and -N0iR-) Touma got his arm back because he forced with his character enough fear on to the Alchemist to have him think otherwise which in turn brought back Magnus and thus logically Touma's arm. Right or wrong, I am?
Dec 1, 2008 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
this really was an awesome episode. touma being so dark was crazy. he really had a scary side to him. looved it :D
Dec 1, 2008 4:25 PM

Feb 2008
First thought about Touma's dragon-hand was Hellsing's metamorphosis. :)
slayer545 said:
Yet both of your explanations do not explain of why would Touma's arm reattach itself? Logically from deduction of both your comments (DeathfireD and -N0iR-) Touma got his arm back because he forced with his character enough fear on to the Alchemist to have him think otherwise which in turn brought back Magnus and thus logically Touma's arm. Right or wrong, I am?

But Touma's arm did not reattached itself, the super-duper doctor attached it back. :)
With the crazy, invulnerable appearance he "forced" at Aureolus to thought about him as invulnerable (can't slice his head off, etc) and when he started to fear him, his fear materialized in that demonic right arm. He realized it at the end, but it was late, he couldn't get rid of the thoughts.
Likely when he lost consciousness the illusion gone with him. As Magnus said they erased his powers and memories taken away, but he is alive.
Maybe there will be more about Touma's this side. Magnus said it was the shock and all, but I think there will be more behind this later.

pm.: Oh, and it was a good episode, I loved it. :)
maLakaiDec 1, 2008 4:29 PM
Dec 1, 2008 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
maLakai said:
First thought about Touma's dragon-hand was Hellsing's metamorphosis. :)
slayer545 said:

But Touma's arm did not reattached itself, the super-duper doctor attached it back. :)
With the crazy, invulnerable appearance he "forced" at Aureolus to thought about him as invulnerable (can't slice his head off, etc) and when he started to fear him, his fear materialized in that demonic right arm. He realized it at the end, but it was late, he couldn't get rid of the thoughts.
Likely when he lost consciousness the illusion gone with him. As Magnus said they erased his powers and memories taken away, but he is alive.
Maybe there will be more about Touma's this side. Magnus said it was the shock and all, but I think there will be more behind this later.

pm.: Oh, and it was a good episode, I loved it. :)

So there is some loophole in the whole who did the arm get back together to reattach it on Touma by the doctor? Remember Touma's arm got sliced off by the blade of the Alchemist fired from one of the guns.
Dec 1, 2008 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
OMG stop it with the arm loophole crap. Here's how it is:

• Aureolus did alot of damage - skinning Styl, cutting Touma's arm off
• Touma drove him into a highly unstable mental state
• In this state, Aureolus' greatest fears from his power not working manifested themselves - except for Touma's arm. This was because the [lack of] arm was the focus of his attention.
• Remember, it makes sense only if you look at it from Aureolus' position - think of it as a nightmare where everything's going wrong.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 1, 2008 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
a new girl in the Touma ´s life... =)
Dec 1, 2008 6:12 PM

Apr 2008
lacking kaori screentime :(
Dec 1, 2008 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
best episode of the series, definitely entertained me. i was so shocked when his skin was ripped off! can't wait till next week.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

id - Jan 15, 2009

191 by karrotStick »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.