Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 15, 2015 4:17 PM
Feb 2015
WOAH! Masaoka is Ginoza's dad. Didn't even know!
Aug 16, 2015 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
Masaoka is Gino's father, I wasn't expecting that.

That episode flew by me.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 30, 2015 4:05 PM

Nov 2009
The way Akane and Shogo's crime coefficient works makes me think they are very similar but are polar opposites to each other its quite bizarre how strange their Psycho-passes are.
Nov 1, 2015 5:23 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
poor akane.
and so this are father and son. interesting.

Jan 10, 2016 6:15 AM

Feb 2015
Story-driven as it gets, this one felt like the calm before the storm!

How did Ginoza and Masaoka end up with different last names? While I've seen some predict in earlier threads their relation, it caught me off-guard.

Poor Akane. That is one tough ass girl there. Re-living that horror and basically saying she doesn't give two shits about her psycho-pass is hardcore.

They have Makashima identified, but that dude is wheels within wheels and he already no doubt had a plan figured out before they ever ID'd him.
Jan 13, 2016 11:52 PM

Dec 2015
Tsunemori is strong! She is definitely the one that will end up defeating Shogo.

Lots of nice development on the nuances of the Sibyl system.
Feb 13, 2016 11:01 AM
Jan 2012
liked this episode. The season begin's very well.
May 21, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
That old lady seems to know Makishima?? Wonder if they're related by blood...purely because they both have white hair lol

Brave of Akane to go through that process, though I thought her psycho pass would be as high as a latent criminal's even for a little while, guess not

The thought crossed my mind briefly when it was mentioned Gino's dad is still alive, but I didn't expect Gino's dad to be Masaoka; somehow in my head I had this image of Gino's dad that is like Gino type, different than Masaoka lol so that's a shock XD
Sep 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Jan 2011
What surprised me the most is that they (the old lady in charge, and probably a few other people) recognize that the system is flawed, or to say it in their words, not perfect.

Their reasoning does make sense from a point of view, but i'm sure you could still equip the MWPSB with more traditional methods and such so that they do have a backup in cases like this, or when there is no connection.

A low power shock (more like todays tasers, maybe even more low key, not like their 100% guaranteed knock out setting) that can always be triggered by an Inspector (and possible Enforcer) would be enough in most situations. Makishima might set up things differently if he knows about it, but there's a chance he wouldn't, and it would still help in most situations where they can not rely on the Sybil system, without undermining trust, especially when nobody (as in, the public) knows this third firing mode does exists..
Feb 3, 2017 12:56 PM

May 2016
Great episode well it was much better than 12, Akane was really brave going through that process it's like a time leap without your authority to do anything, Huh I was so shocked when I heard Ginoza father is masoka.
Apr 19, 2017 8:26 AM

May 2010
Akane was very respectable there. Very positive episode. But I sure am expecting things to go very wrong in the upcoming ones.
Jun 22, 2017 12:07 AM

May 2013
tsubasalover said:
Using her Psycho-Pass / memory to get the criminal's image. Wow, she's strong.

Not strong enough if she let her friend die >____>

Still not letting that go because she was weak >:T
Jun 22, 2017 12:07 AM

May 2013
Gino looks NOTHING like Masaoka :3
Sep 4, 2017 12:10 PM
Jan 2012
Akane is a badass.

Didn't expect Ginoza and Masaoka to be related. Cool!
Dec 28, 2018 12:20 AM

May 2016
Akane really has guts to go relive such a traumatic memory like that and she showed that she truly has a fortitude of steel by showing how easily she recovered from that experience mentally. She probably has something like what Makishima has but she's definitely not criminally sane like he is.

Masaoka and Ginoza being father and son is finally clearly shown and I liked how they hinted about their relationship early in the series. That old lady's too faithful towards the Sibyl System and there's probably some relation with her to Shogo, the hair color alone being quite a hint.

Mar 22, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
It's quite amusing that everyone is questioning the system, yet they gotta roll along.

Akane impressed me with her mental strength, I hope she will utilize her potential with actions soon.

And holy shit dat post credits scene. I knew something was up once she pressured Ginoza to change the report, but damn...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 12:13 AM
Oct 2018
I lowkey had a feeling that Ginoza's dad was gonna be Masasoka.
May 28, 2019 11:40 PM

Aug 2017
So, Masaoka is Gino's father.....

Damn, Akane had it tough there but at least everyone knows Makashima's face.

I don't know but that old lady is creepy.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 6, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
ok like akane is becoming bad ass it seems
Jul 9, 2019 1:40 AM

Dec 2018
So that's why Masaoka throws Ginoza rather than punching him.

Akane don't seem so sad in her friend's funeral.

The Chief called Makishima as 'Shogo' which indicate she must've known him in the past. And by the tone she speak, it makes me think she's the evil one. She also looks like a robot/cyborg/android.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 23, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2016
Okay I really don't know how I didn't see that twist coming, that Masasoka is Ginoza's father.
I'm a bit of an idiot huh. Well played PP.

Oh and they changed the OP's visuals again?? I don't know what was up with last episode's but I guess that was a one-off. Anyway I've changed my mind on this new one, I guess it is pretty sweet with those visuals (the colours!). Also I might actually be able to sing along to this one with those English lyrics.
The change in OPs will definitely be less painful than the change in EDs
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
I wonder why he allowed himself to be caught by Akane's eyes.
Jan 3, 2020 5:04 PM

Jul 2012
Ahh, now that's an actual OP animation haha. Last episode's was probably thrown together because they didn't ran out of time to get this one out. It looks good!
Mar 8, 2020 10:18 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Masaoka being Ginoza's dad was a rather surprising reveal.
The boss lady is clearly shady and that end only reinforces it.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Jul 15, 2020 4:23 PM
Oct 2019
I didn't suspect the old man was his father at all. Interesting twist.

The old lady wants these "asymptomatic criminals" (or whatever they're called) captured alive so she can use them for something. There's obviously some secret/mystery about Sybil that they're covering up. No clue what it is though.

Oh, the dumb detective, Arkane, at least did something respectable this episode. BUT clearly she's just one of those "asymptomatics" that Sybil can't detect.
Aug 18, 2020 8:10 AM

Jul 2020
So that’s why there’s always a tension between Ginoza and Masaoka, they are father and son after all.

I guess that old lady boss personally know Makishima as she refers him as Shougo-kun.

As for Akane, her ability to control her stress and manage her Psycho-Pass is somewhat similar to Makishima’s, so she’s probably an “asymptomatic” as well as they called it.
Nov 9, 2020 3:34 PM

Apr 2020
Is Tsunemori a person without symptoms? I mean her coefficient is always low like Makishima
Nov 30, 2020 2:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Really curious to see what Shogo's master plan is to bring down the sibyl system after pretty much exposing himself, just like every criminal genius, he probably wants to get caught eventually

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 1, 2020 7:44 PM
Dec 2016
Maybe this was explained in the show and I just missed it, but why don’t they have the enforcers and their handlers wear body cameras? That seems a lot easier and more reliable than using a presumably expensive memory machine to learn the identity of the villain. Maybe since they’re detectives instead of actual police? For whatever reason this really bugged me this episode, especially when the director woman was questioning the report. It just seems a little far fetched that a society as advanced and technologically connected as the one portrayed wouldn’t be able to afford this small thing. Sorry, for the rant, it was just bothering me. Good show so far though.
Dec 31, 2020 4:33 AM

Jun 2020
I had already suspected that Masaoka was Ginoza’s dad but to hear Ginoza speaking like that to him. Uwuuuu you can almost hear the pain in his voice. Nojima Kenji is frickin amazing

I like how Ginoza always speaks up for Akane. Their department seems more close-knitted than they would think. They care for one another in their own ways.

L O L @ Kougami threatening to set the room on fire if he couldn’t get discharged. It’s a joke but lol, his sense of humour

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 18, 2021 9:44 PM
Jan 2021
I also suspected that Masaoka was Gino's father.
Akane's pycho-pass was supposed to be strong, but to survive that - wow.
And the old lady at the very last scene.... seems like there is some connection between her and Shougo.
Apr 1, 2021 12:14 PM

Jan 2016
What was that after-credits scene?
Jan 3, 2022 7:41 AM

Dec 2007
damn, the episodes just keeping getting better.
akane is one hell of a girl.
ginoza is facing the truth.
and i didn't saw at all that masaoka is gino's father O_O
Aug 2, 2022 11:26 PM

Mar 2018
As soon as I saw Akane's CC go down after going up with the memory scan, I instantly thought that she is Crime Asymptomatic just as Shougo is. If this is the case, she may be the ace they need to bring him in
Aug 4, 2022 5:43 AM
Aug 2022
Bruh I guessed it: Masaoka is Ginoza's dad.

Also I'm predicting that Tsunemori is criminally asymptomatic or whatever that was called. Big brain ikr.

OP still slaps hard, but not as hard as the first

Episode was good.
Aug 7, 2022 3:11 AM

May 2022
Makishima might find akane is the person he has been looking for as she seems to have the same "ability" as he does.
He probably has a plan for her to join him.
That dad reveal was surprising as it doesn't seem like they hinted at it much from what I remember. Doesn't seem logical that he would work for him as it would probably cause is coefficient to go up, but that is just my thinking.
May 27, 2023 2:54 AM

Apr 2013
Sounds a bit like Akane is also such a special case with a psycho-pass that never gets clouded.
Jul 16, 2023 7:41 PM

Aug 2019
I hope Ginoza grows closer to the other guys. His doctor recommended he talk to somebody about his feelings. I hope he can open up with the group or with one of them like he just did. He’s very reserved because of what his dad did. 
Jul 29, 2023 10:37 AM
Aug 2022
That was a longass conversation at the beginning that adds nothing to the story compared to its length. I was about to drop.
Aug 28, 2023 7:04 AM

Jul 2012
So basically this grandma (police leader) already understand about the situation, yet thinking that the system could be better..
I wonder how her reaction when sh** happend to her..
Soo..
This sh** is about scanning stress level?

Glad that they will capture him even w/o using those gun..

Jan 21, 3:54 AM
Jun 2023
I love how the boss literally just admitted the system has major flaws and that the whole point is the forced blind worshipping of this shitty system against people's will in order to work. That's exactly what a cult is.
Feb 20, 2:14 AM
Aug 2023
OMG, are they still struggling to get a picture of the main bad guy!?! Like WTF is that garbage Dominator gun looking at when it's measuring somebody's psycho-pass, there's no video camera on it?! That stupid gun must be identifying the target, looking up their file, and assessing their background, and the current situation, otherwise what is even the point of it having to have a internet connection to do that? It can't do any of that if it doesn't have a camera. What a massive load of crap.

And then once they get a picture of the main bad guy from the brain scan, they say the very first hit is the guy entering Spooky's apartment. Like WTF, these horrendously incompetent detectives didn't even check the video of the people entering a murder victim's apartment just before she got murdered to try to figure out who did it!? Holy cows, they're so bad at what they do, they shouldn't even call themselves detectives nor inspectors. But of course in reality it's horrible writing, just horrible. It's so frustrating because all they have to do is put in a little more effort in the writing, and it wouldn't be a problem, but they don't.
Feb 28, 9:23 AM
Aug 2021
Oh damn, I didn't expect him to be his father. It now makes sense why he felt so comfortable picking him up and throwing him. Damn is her Psycho-Pass indestructible or something😂
😂. Someone made a good point about how they haven't included body cams in their gear.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.