Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 14 Discussion

Jan 15, 2013 9:31 PM

oh my gosh that was so hear breaking.
i thought misaki ang jin would FINALLY be together. and for once i decided to watch past the ed song... /tears
what the heck....

Jan 15, 2013 9:50 PM

MagicFlier said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
bastek66 said:
animaders said:
why is it getting so much hate in japan? o.o

Because they are racist fucks.
That's fucking retarded. All the reviews are just complaining about the Korean dish which was different from the original. Wow, everything is like 1 star just because of that. I already knew about this, but I actually thought it wouldn't be this bad....but.....Japan.... Atleast there are a few people who felt it wasn't fair to judge the show from that, and judge it honestly, but those people are rare

I seriously can't believe they are freaking out that much about it...i mean seriously all those 1 star reviews O_O that's beyond retarded.

1 star reviews because a korean dish was done differently from the original?

no it wasn't done differently, it was changed to a Korean dish, from a Japanese dish which were in the novels.

Jan 15, 2013 10:19 PM

Tr1ckR said:
awesome episode sad for Misaki though :/

lol the hate continues to grow in japan for this series, with 189 one star reviews on vol 1
Amazon Japan - Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo vol 1

The retard level is too fucking strong. Hurting bluray sales JUST cause of stupid shit like that smh

Jan 15, 2013 11:09 PM
RockerXD said:
Tr1ckR said:
awesome episode sad for Misaki though :/

lol the hate continues to grow in japan for this series, with 189 one star reviews on vol 1
Amazon Japan - Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo vol 1

The retard level is too fucking strong. Hurting bluray sales JUST cause of stupid shit like that smh

I finally looked up the full story and it's freaking hilarious.

Anyway, I don't know how many people would stop buying an anime DVD/BD due to Amazon's rating, but hopefully those looking at the rating will also read the reasons for the downvote and see how ridiculous they are.

I think that overall, the lost sales will be from the childish extremists themselves, and only those that would have actually bought it.

But I guess we won't know till the numbers come.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Jan 16, 2013 12:15 AM

Why is it in almost every rom-com I watch the girl I would most like to see with the MC is the least likely to happen? I would love for this show to surprise me though. If anyone knows what happens relationship-wise with the MC I don't mind being spoiled...

Jan 16, 2013 12:31 AM

saxophone15 said:
Why is it in almost every rom-com I watch the girl I would most like to see with the MC is the least likely to happen? I would love for this show to surprise me though. If anyone knows what happens relationship-wise with the MC I don't mind being spoiled...

Jan 16, 2013 12:45 AM
i gave 4/5

really, such a nice episode, who knows dat aoyama will be that cute?

Jan 16, 2013 1:53 AM
god damn, all the feels in this episode... I'm not going to lie, I teared up while watching this episode when Shiina asked Sorata to say something when he dropped her off at the party; her face is probably what caused it haha. I also got goosebumps when the manager said that Shiina was gone and all you see is a shocked Sorata with an ambulance rushing in the background. God, the scene where Shiina and Sorata made up made me smile while shedding a manly tear haha.
And wow, the heartbreaks in this episode were just... WOW. I really feel sorry for Misaki and it's driving me mad that I don't really understand what's going through Jin's head right now. But I really felt sorry for Nanami since she pretty much witnessed Sorata's confession towards Shiina even though she was pretty much pouring her heart out to "Stupid Sorata" hah.
All in all, this was a great episode... maybe the best one so far. I'd give it a manlytear/10. lmao

Jan 16, 2013 2:01 AM

Aoyama's appeal went through the roof on this episode. I am officially a Sorata X Aoyama fan now regardless if it happens or not. Last seen with Misaki really hit hard.

Jan 16, 2013 3:29 AM
Aoyama's continuously irritating me, but at least the episode - on the whole - was nice.

I liked the scene between Sorata and Shiina most, and seeing actual emotion shown, and some honesty on Sorata's part as well.

I don't get Jin's deal, but at least it's getting more interesting between him and Misaki (who, for a change, isn't used for comic relief 100% of the time).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 16, 2013 5:10 AM

OH SHIT THE FRIENDZONE. D<

Well, Sorata's reaction to Nanami's outfit was hilarious.

Jan 16, 2013 5:18 AM

This series has seriously never disappointed me since episode 1.

I don't give ratings objectively so this could very well get a 10 depending on the ending. I mean, the comedy is perfect, the characters are perfect, and even the forced drama isn't all that bad.

Also liked those few Ryuunosuke, Maid and Rita scenes that were in the ep :)

Jan 16, 2013 5:30 AM

AlexGK said:
shanimebib said:
I really don't understand why Jin keeps on hurting Misaki. He is a sore loser if you asked me, giving in to his inferiority complex and hurting Misaki like that.

Jackass? You,my boy, really know nothing of this world. And I envy you. Yea, men still have serious trouble when the girl they sincerely love outclasses them. In that regard the plot is more than realistic - there is simply no right or wrong with this matter. I, for one, have the same issue as them - and I dont hate myself for it. I envy men who can really and trully put up with the fact that theiy are the inferior one in the couple, dont get frustrated and unhappy with themselves and lose confidence to the point that the relationship turns into torture and they have trouble speaking their mind openly cose they feel pathetic. Its still how the man's brain works, mostly - the boy needs to feel superior and strong and able to protect the girl to feel happy, absolutely not the other way arround. It changes slowly as the society evolves, but still... the vast majority of men are just like Jin and Sorata.

I think Jin is a much more complex character than just another generic character with an inferiority complex. At the beginning of the series, he was clearly annoyed that producers were asking him to hand over Misaki to them because of his writing doesn't match Misaki's skills. Remember the scenes when he vented his anger on Sorata (the infamous "I would fuck Misaki silly" quote). Back then, he clearly had an inferiority complex (AlexGK is right on the money), but he's clearly changed from then. He comes clean with Misaki's sister, breaks up with all his hook-ups and studies for his reach college.

At first sight, it would seem he is trying to come to terms with his inferiority complex. I think instead that he doesn't want each other to limit their potential. Why? Suppose Jin still feels inferior to Misaki. Then, Jin must believe he cannot care for Misaki, especially regarding Misaki's decisions because she is superior to him. As Ajunky points out, then Jin must either eat his inferiority complex or be so annoyed that he abandons Misaki. Jin does avoid Misaki, but he also says that he wants Misaki to stay just the way she is, implying he is going to come back for her. This leaves us with a contradiction, implying that Jin doesn't have an inferiority complex.

I think Jin believes that if he commits to his relationship with Misaki, he is going to limit her potential. She deserves better than just working with his scripts. Unfortunately, Misaki values her love for Jin more than her potential for anime. Jin thinks he can find an equilibrium between the two.

In the same sense, Sorata emulates Jin. Of course, his love for Shiina is nowhere near the depths of love Jin and Misaki have for each other, but we should understand Sorata similarly. Sorata believes that if he involves himself with Shiina, he is going to limit her potential. Hence, Sorata stumbles back and forth, not realizing that not everything is black and white.

Ajunky said:
The way I interpret his words is that if he accepted her right away, she would only see him as just her boyfriend. He first wants to find his way and become a "successful" person (successful being relative, according to his own perception), probably so that he doesn't feel inferior to her anymore. He wants her so see him as someone capable. He wants her to respect him in addition to loving him.

I think Ajunky's correct in saying that Jin wants Misaki to love and respect him. But I also think if Jin and Misaki started their relationship right this moment, they will have a relationship based on respect and love. Jin has taken steps to make himself respectable in the eyes of Misaki. I instead think that Jin doesn't want Misaki to have regrets. Make it not just a choice between love and potential, but something "grey."

Jan 16, 2013 6:01 AM
its aoyama T_T

oh my goodness, me very love this

Jan 16, 2013 7:26 AM

Oh my god. This show... this episode was incredible!

Jan 16, 2013 7:27 AM
SO MUCH FEELS
Kawaii > Universe

Jan 16, 2013 7:50 AM

wow nice ep ~
Cute moments for kanda and aoyama, made up with shiiro as well
cant help but building some kind of hatred towards shiiro. yeah shiiro and kanda are the protagonists but i just like aoyama more than shiiro :3

Jan 16, 2013 10:02 AM
Mashiro! Mashiro! Mashiro!

Ha, what a perfect episode. Absolutely beautiful.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Jan 16, 2013 10:38 AM

What was that Kanji Mashiro drew at the Window?

Jan 16, 2013 11:09 AM
Doom1491 said:

"Yuki"? (Snow)

Jan 16, 2013 12:27 PM

It didn't end the way I thought it would for Nanami and Sora, I was sure there would be a confession. She lost a great opportunity.

It looks like next week will be some comedy, I'm looking forward to it!

Jan 16, 2013 12:33 PM

traittrait said:
Doom1491 said:

"Yuki"? (Snow)
Nope, she wrote 空 (sora), which means sky (and is a part of Sorata's name, of course).
Modified by neewos, Jan 16, 2013 12:45 PM

Jan 16, 2013 1:28 PM

Sooo... Uhm... How many episodes is this anime going to be? I knew last week wasn't the last but I kinda figured this week's would be the last. I don't have a problem with that at all, but was just curious. Anyways I loved this episode, so weird.... I honestly don't care who wins... But it's pretty clear that Mashiro has this in the bag. Was pretty disappointed with last week's episode though. It had nice comedy but damn Sorata is such a jerk sometimes..... Oh well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 16, 2013 1:44 PM

I'm glad Mashiro and Sorata finally got to say some of the things that were important to them to each other. I still get really frustrated with Sorata though. I have a hard time imagining them working out together without the same thing repeating over and over.
Ahri said:
Sooo... Uhm... How many episodes is this anime going to be? I knew last week wasn't the last but I kinda figured this week's would be the last. I don't have a problem with that at all, but was just curious.

I believe 24 episodes.

Jan 16, 2013 2:24 PM
Ryu gets Rita.
Jin gets Misaki.
Teacher gets the Game designer.
Sorata gets Shiina.

Aoyama gets... her dreams crushed and a return trip home to wallow in shame at her parents' house while trying to figure out what to do with herself now that her career path and heart have been crushed.

Seriously. WTF. Why even give her screen time and get us attached to her if they're just going to sh*t on her like that.

Makes me mad.

Good episode though

Jan 16, 2013 2:45 PM
Adrian58 said:
Seriously. WTF. Why even give her screen time and get us attached to her if they're just going to sh*t on her like that.

Makes me mad.
There's always that guy who confessed to her, probably ready to catch her after a hard fall... And honestly, so far he seems a lot better than Sorata, at least he is aware of his own feelings, and doesn't flip out when things don't go his way.
Friedrich Schiller

Jan 16, 2013 3:47 PM

I can't believe I almost dropped this after Episode 1!

This series has become so strong, I can't get enough of it.

Excited for the next one!

Jan 16, 2013 5:04 PM

Ajunky said:
Adrian58 said:

Makes me mad.
There's always that guy who confessed to her, probably ready to catch her after a hard fall... And honestly, so far he seems a lot better than Sorata, at least he is aware of his own feelings, and doesn't flip out when things don't go his way.
You know, I don't think I've seen anyone flip out from getting rejected by a girl. I doubt even sorata would do that either. It's funny, I actually thought he would be one of those perverted comic relief best friends, but I guess not lol.

Jan 16, 2013 5:50 PM
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Ajunky said:
Adrian58 said:

Makes me mad.
You know, I don't think I've seen anyone flip out from getting rejected by a girl. I doubt even sorata would do that either. It's funny, I actually thought he would be one of those perverted comic relief best friends, but I guess not lol.
Yeah, I guess it would be too much if Sorata did that...

BTW, I would have thought that guy's confession would at least encourage Nanami to do the same with Sorata. It's sad his efforts were good for nothing... so far anyway.

But the irony lies in that Nanami was completely forgotten by Sorata just as she forgot about the friend.
Friedrich Schiller

Jan 16, 2013 6:19 PM

Ajunky said:
Yeah, I guess it would be too much if Sorata did that...

BTW, I would have thought that guy's confession would at least encourage Nanami to do the same with Sorata. It's sad his efforts were good for nothing... so far anyway.

But the irony lies in that Nanami was completely forgotten by Sorata just as she forgot about the friend.
Yeah, I thought that too, but I guess you can't change someone's personality. She's still a tsundere who just can't express her feelings without feeling too embarrassed. She's just a sideline character who's showing her affection from afar, but playing it safe is not always a good idea. It's just too easy to get friendzoned these days. In the end, probably the guy who confessed will get his desired outcome, cause he took the initiative when he had the chance. Romance is pretty nutty stuff, but it sure is beautiful....and heart breaking sometimes...
Modified by AnimeHAwk616, Jan 16, 2013 9:07 PM

Jan 16, 2013 6:57 PM

He's one of the worst MCs I've ever seen seriously and in other news ... more drama.

Being a high schooler is so suffering.

I forgot to add but Days of dash should have been the new OP and the new ED for the second half and maybe an isert a song.
Modified by HacheKa, Jan 16, 2013 7:18 PM

Jan 16, 2013 7:31 PM
HacheKa said:
I forgot to add but Days of dash should have been the new OP and the new ED for the second half and maybe an isert a song.
LMAO. And replace every face with Mashiro's, right? XD
Friedrich Schiller

Jan 16, 2013 11:04 PM

About Mashiro, very rich in eye sights with a marvellous zoom of her eyes. Very MOE in this episode with her blushing, shadings and setups. But most of all the following,

Very much so first hug that is not only emotional but skinship nice. As I am sure Mashiro felt the warmest of Kanda.

About the fan service, looks like the series will go for the same road Accel World did in terms of ass censoring and that’s fine. It’s a mild version of them nipples and other service more hardcore accented.

About the end, INB4 WTF with Misaki at the end despite still being late.

Jin mentions to his friend what? ”I want Misaki to consider me more than a lover.”

What does Misaki do? Gets naked in front of Jin.

What does that imply? I want to be your lover and here is my body.

What is the end result? Jin not getting anything what he wants and is disappointed, enough to say what he said as to brush off Misaki. He could not sadly tell her his true intention whom I would slap him for a little but hopefully his friend helps Misaki in telling her what Jin wants from her. H-O-P-E-F-U-L-L-Y and that might be slim. I am not even sure Misaki can figure it out.

The end is really pitiful man. I really though things were not going to go this way but I feared it the moment I saw Misaki naked in front of Jin. It’s to note that Jin most likely sweet talked to Misaki like a playboy does to have sex with woman.

I might be hated for this but Kanda for me is kind of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeble-minded
At least emotionally. Sure he has some good points but he most likely never will be on equal terms with his normal fellows love wise. I am just seeing him more as pitiful and my hatred is now diminished less cause of this episode for him but instead it transforms to Kanda being hopeless.

In saying that Kanda has yet to prove to me other than on a emotional level and functional level what he can accomplish. That most likely will depend on his realization of love that Mashiro has for him and how he tackles his 2nd chance whom he got for his game project.

Sadly this is all I will write, time is up and I need to move on to catch up.
HacheKa said:
He's one of the worst MCs I've ever seen seriously and in other news ... more drama.

Being a high schooler is so suffering.
Being Kanda is depressing and suicidal. Do you as a male feel like living in a area where a person that is male like you lives and acts like Kanda does? I WOULD NOT!

I would seriously GTFO from the person or stay away from them. The creator is really making things feeble.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Jan 16, 2013 11:16 PM

Absolutely loved this episode. every episode is really amazing! Winter is one of the greatest seasons during a series, really nice scenes.
It's great that Sorata has successfully taken another step, and his relationship with Shiina is slowly growing. I was sad, though, that Nanami was just left behind, since she is one of my favorite characters. I wonder how she will turn out if it's Shiina and Sorata. Jin is very interesting, I wonder what he's up to. He must know that innocent Misaki is in a lot of pain, so I'd like to better understand him "making" Misaki love him. I know it will be really epic when it finally resolves.
5/5. May be another favorite series.

Jan 17, 2013 6:46 AM

Why do people see any drama as melodrama? Speaking from a teenagers POV, the drama seems pretty spot on to me. The whole not being able to find Shiina and then an ambulance passing by had such an accurate feel. There was a time when there were shooting threats at my school and someone who I cared for was walking home. I heard ambulance sirens near the school and got scared to death.
Modified by ihateeveryone, Jan 17, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 17, 2013 7:15 AM

ihateeveryone said:
Why do people see any drama as melodrama?

I think the reason for that is the same reason, why there are so many guys, who suck in mathematics, because they lack abstraction. They don't see things as they really are and mix their own fantasy, background or whatever with it.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!

Jan 17, 2013 10:16 AM
めんどくさい

Kyube said:
ihateeveryone said:

I think the reason for that is the same reason, why there are so many guys, who suck in mathematics, because they lack abstraction. They don't see things as they really are and mix their own fantasy, background or whatever with it.
Are you talking about what they see in anime or in mathematics ;)

ihateeveryone said:
It's easy to be critical. (this certainly doesn't apply to everyone, but it's true in general). But yes, what Kyube@ above says is more or less the heart of the matter (though it's a strange, and I'm not sure if valid, analogy) - WE ALL see the same thing and come away with different impressions and interpretations, for a variety of reasons and limitations. For example, many of the men (including myself) watching shows like this are to a large extent living vicariously through the main male character and when things go "wrong" it pushes buttons.

Jan 17, 2013 11:01 AM

Cratex said:
Kyube said:
ihateeveryone said:

Are you talking about what they see in anime or in mathematics ;)

I should have been more precise: I think most people don't spend time on how they are solving problems or judging in general.
They already have a fix pattern and don't think thorugh about the things they see. The always get a good idea on about what is happening at the moment, but they miss the greater picture, why they are doing, what they are doing and so they jump to quickly to a conclusion...
School days and the endless eight arc of Haruhi are nice examples as they are so controversal. I think that School days was written to hate the main male character and to show fragile humans and relationships can be. The endless eight just wanted to show real boredom and how you can be stuck in seemingly endless repitations, even though you don't notice that.
I am not sure, if those guys judge what they see with their eyes at the moment or if they judging the whole concept, the ideas why it is done, they way it is done.
But I am afraid this is leading pretty far away from what ihateeveyone said and leading even further away, what it has to do with Sakursa etc. (even though it probably would only be a special case)
Modified by Chepri, Jan 17, 2013 11:09 AM

Jan 17, 2013 11:37 AM
めんどくさい

Kyube said:
I should have been more precise: I think most people don't spend time on how they are solving problems or judging in general...
Ah! I get you now. In particular to what you've said, I used to have a rating for this show, but last night I 'removed' it simply because I don't feel I can rate it as it stands. The impressions I've taken away from the last two episodes are both to narrow a snapshot and to contradictory to make a meaningful basis for a rating.

Jan 17, 2013 11:56 AM

Oh dammit. Poor Nanami had to witness Sorata practically confessing to Mashiro right there.

Even after his 'explanation', I still don't know what Jin is thinking.

Jan 17, 2013 2:53 PM
I indeed got the feels during this episode. Most notably Aoyama making the promise with Kanda, and Shiina and Kanda making up.

The ending kinda disappointed me though, i can't really say why. I guess i was expecting something different with all the feels in the episode. It was a good segue into the rest of the series, though.

4/5

Jan 17, 2013 3:01 PM

ihateeveryone said:
Why do people see any drama as melodrama? Speaking from a teenagers POV, the drama seems pretty spot on to me. The whole not being able to find Shiina and then an ambulance passing by had such an accurate feel. There was a time when there were shooting threats at my school and someone who I cared for was walking home. I heard ambulance sirens near the school and got scared to death.
That must have been scary. At my school, I saw an ambulance too. It turned out someone I knew got a heart malfunction and died. He wasn't like a best friend to me, but it still left a very big impact on me. Took me a while to get over it

Jan 17, 2013 7:42 PM

This is really becoming painful to watch...
And with each episode, I'm getting less entertained...

Jan 17, 2013 8:47 PM

Aoyama T.T feel so bad for her qq.

Episode was really nice and heart-warming

Jan 17, 2013 11:20 PM

It's kinda painful watching Aoyama try hard when she h as no chance at all. I wish it wasn't so obvious what would happen.

Misaki really wants it from Jin too.

Aoyama is just stuck as the friend girl the idiot MC never notices. She gets stuck agonizing over Mc getting with the new girl while she can't do anything. Seems like this happens too much in anime. It just gets annoying.

Getting with Shiina is just way too predictable and unexciting. She's like a walking cliche.

Jan 17, 2013 11:26 PM

mystik said:
Getting with Shiina is just way too predictable and unexciting. She's like a walking cliche.

Jan 18, 2013 12:12 AM

tsudecimo said:
mystik said:

So your suggesting Aoyama's character is original? If every character who was the "obvious" pick to win was automatically made to be a bad character simply because them winning was predictable how many good characters in anime do you think would be left? Many times the winner is obvious, the point in watching is to see how they get there. Before you call Shiina a walking cliche, why don't you try listing the amount of characters like her and then right next to it list the amount of characters like Aoyama, which list of similiar characters do you honestly think will be bigger?

Jan 18, 2013 12:28 AM

InfiniteDestiny said:
tsudecimo said:
mystik said:

So your suggesting Aoyama's character is original? If every character who was the "obvious" pick to win was automatically made to be a bad character simply because them winning was predictable how many good characters in anime do you think would be left? Many times the winner is obvious, the point in watching is to see how they get there. Before you call Shiina a walking cliche, why don't you try listing the amount of characters like her and then right next to it list the amount of characters like Aoyama, which list of similiar characters do you honestly think will be bigger?

omg not this again... why do you have to bring aoyama into this, we get it , it has been talked about to death in the shina vs aoyama thread.
i just don't like shina other than her funny parts i basicly hate her , well im not gonna force myself into this anime ( and i heard dvd sales are shit so im happy *evil grin* )

Jan 18, 2013 5:46 AM

I like the anime up until Shiina does something f*cked up. She is the only character I hate in this anime -.-

I want Nanami to tell Sorata her feelings.

Jan 18, 2013 6:02 AM

Manga-Raven said:
I like the anime up until Shiina does something f*cked up. She is the only character I hate in this anime -.-

I want Nanami to tell Sorata her feelings.

I could tell you my feelings, even though I am not sure, if you will like that.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »