Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2007 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is was a really good episode in my opinion. I am giving it a 4/5 just because for the length of the episode, I was hoping for action then what was there. Kakashi's new Sharingan rocks though.

And BTW whats with the damn three week wait for the next episode???
Sep 28, 2007 2:19 PM

Sep 2007
Wasnt a bad episode. I found some of the animations a bit cheesy tho, but overall a pretty good 1 hour special.

Yeah I know, I cant wait fricking 3 weeks for a new episode >_<. But it seems like its the beginning of a "season 2" of Shippuuden, 'cuz I've heard there will be a new opening and ending.
Sep 28, 2007 3:46 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was pretty good, they should just squeeze 2 episodes into 1 :P it will create a somewhat decent episode lol, anyways I hope Gaara doesn't die, but I felt kind of sad when Chiyo started to use that resuscitation technique.

but wow we got an hour special and now we have to wait 3 weeks until the next episode? this doesn't feel like an "equivalent exchange" haha
Sep 28, 2007 4:33 PM

Jul 2007
I also thought it was a pretty good episode. Though I think waiting three weeks for another episode after waiting two weeks for this one is ridiculous.
I'm so happy though that we got to see Naruto in his Kyuubi form! Though in the beginning when the chakra was leaking out it looked like he had bad gas or something xD
Sep 28, 2007 5:39 PM

May 2007
I'd rather had last week an episode and this week. + NO waiting 3 weeks, damn it.
Sep 28, 2007 5:50 PM

Apr 2007
ZoiQ said:
I'd rather had last week an episode and this week. + NO waiting 3 weeks, damn it.

agreed.

Also a great episode, I started tearing up when Naruto was crying over Gaara's Body.
Sep 28, 2007 6:57 PM

Jul 2007
Well the first 6mins were flashbacks, the animation for Kyuubi!Naruto could have been done a lot better... especially since some episodes are really pretty. This one was lacking.

There was finally some action on Naruto and Kakashi's part. Deidara is awesome and I'm not so happy he didn't get to fight more...
Naruto reminded me the reasons for loving him so much... with his unabashed crying in front of his comrades and letting out his feelings.

It really sucks we have to wait so long for the next ep. I'm really looking forward to the next arc!!
Sep 28, 2007 7:20 PM

Aug 2007
This special was terrible. As is the way with the "specials" in Shippudden. I'm starting to think they're calling these specials "special" in the same way you call a retarded kid special.

Ugh, Kakashi's mangekyo scene was handled very poorly and was dragged out WAY too long which took away form the impact. It just ended up looking silly. It was the stereotypical Shippudden moment really, dragging somehting out to an unecessary level totally killing the scene. Terrible.

The punch from Naruto was kinda ok though.

The next half of this "special" was just entirely weak though, that artwork is an abomination. Naruto in two tails looked fugly, at one point he looked like he was smiling! It was TERRIBLE!!. Shouldn't he have looked like an evil menace? not a fugly piece of art that moves.

Crying scene, I don't really care about. I could say it was terrible but it's not a big deal.

im starting to wonder when will they add some "umph" to the fighting scenes. so far, the sakura vs sasori fight was mediocre, clone fights were horrible, kakashi fight was just as bad, and its already been 30 EPS!...i think shippuden more emotional than action-oriented...

i mean is it just me or does Kakashi's mangekyo sound like a blaster from Star Wars??????? >_>.
Sep 28, 2007 9:18 PM

May 2007
Arcadies said:

This is was a really good episode in my opinion. I am giving it a 4/5 just because for the length of the episode, I was hoping for action then what was there. Kakashi's new Sharingan rocks though.

And BTW whats with the damn three week wait for the next episode???

Haha, yeah.

I was kind of disappointed that they didn't finish up the rescue Gaara mission with this episode. They seriously could have cut out so much other stuff (like the 5 minutes of Kakashi's sharingan) and the close up reactions on everyone's face. Especially with such a long wait.

And yeah, the bubbling noise accompanying Naruto's transformation SO DID NOT fit the part. Kinda weird. Oh well.
Sep 28, 2007 10:42 PM

Jun 2007
the whole ep. was ok. I was wondering what was kakashi's new technique (in my opinion, they showed it for too long and I got bored)
I started tearing up when I saw naruto's crying face x33! so cute seeing him cry

Triethanolamine said:
but wow we got an hour special and now we have to wait 3 weeks until the next episode? this doesn't feel like an "equivalent exchange" haha

that reminded me of the last ep in fma, saying that equivalent exchange was bs, and there was no such thing, blah blah.
Sep 29, 2007 7:25 AM

Jun 2007
the episode seemed to move a little quicker this week, not as much stupid filler crap.
Sep 29, 2007 1:21 PM
Aug 2007
Compared to previous episodes, this one was actually good, in the sense that it was only mildly annoying as opposed to mind numbingly boring.
Arekkusu said:

The next half of this "special" was just entirely weak though, that artwork is an abomination. Naruto in two tails looked fugly, at one point he looked like he was smiling! It was TERRIBLE!!. Shouldn't he have looked like an evil menace? not a fugly piece of art that moves.

I completely agree about the artwork. I remember really laughing out loud at the funny faces and expressions pulled. The crying scene at the end kinda lost any power it had when I cracked up at Naruto's oddly drawn head.
Sep 29, 2007 1:44 PM
Aug 2007
That stupid sharigan is what saskue is willing to kill naruto for? Speaking of Kakashi, they still haven't answered alot of things about his past such as how he got the sharigan eye, who was the White Shark of Kohona (his father) and what is under that mask. Overall this episode kinda sucked. Not worth the wait. Friggin 3 weeks for the next episode? They better put alot of exitement and a** kickin in it! And I wanna see Hinata with her long hair!!!! I guess since they've (temari, hinata, Ect.) been traveling to get there for over four episodes they are bound to show up in the next one.
ANIME RKZ!!!!
:P
RAH RAH :)
Sep 29, 2007 1:51 PM

Jun 2007
cant wait to see hinata with her long hair, either x33
Sep 30, 2007 4:36 AM

Jul 2007
I think the episode was okay~ o_o
but the next episode @18-10-07...so long~
Sep 30, 2007 5:19 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was aweful some reasons...

Naruto crying mmm kay but seriously that was too much tears, kinda loss sense of the saddening events to see Narutos badly drawn self being drowned in too many tears that seemed to flow from everywhere not just from the eyes.

The Magekyou sharigan part was dragged out for too long. I probably could have made a cup of tea and Deidara would still be all distorted by the time i was done.

Naruto 2 tails looked aweful. Thick pen for dodgy line art much?

Only fight that's been worth watching so far was Deidara vs Gaara. And that one decently animated Sakura & Chiyo vs Sasori episode.

Sep 30, 2007 6:19 AM

Apr 2007
nystarr15 said:
That stupid sharigan is what saskue is willing to kill naruto for? Speaking of Kakashi, they still haven't answered alot of things about his past such as how he got the sharigan eye, who was the White Shark of Kohona (his father) and what is under that mask. Overall this episode kinda sucked. Not worth the wait. Friggin 3 weeks for the next episode? They better put alot of exitement and a** kickin in it! And I wanna see Hinata with her long hair!!!! I guess since they've (temari, hinata, Ect.) been traveling to get there for over four episodes they are bound to show up in the next one.

Well first thing, its the White Fang of Kohona ^_~

Next, I have to say that they did so many filler episodes in the last Naruto that they skipped Kakashi's backstory and I havent seen anything that they are planning to go back and show it. (I suggest reading the Manga for it.)

Also Hinata Rules and needs to get with Naruto!

Also I think the animation hasnt been that bad, except for so many people saying how bad it is, I wouldnt have even noticed that there was even a supposed problem.
Sep 30, 2007 6:26 AM

Aug 2007
They spent a million episodes on Sasori just to take out ..... *forgot his name* in one episode , a 1 hour episode but still just one episode. Hope next episode is good based on all this waiting.
Sep 30, 2007 11:07 PM

Jul 2007
what was up with the rain of tears from Naruto's FACE?? =\
Oct 1, 2007 3:37 AM

Apr 2007
Not a bad episode.Slow-paced but it's still better than having fillers again. Naruto looked like donkey kong after going kyuubi lol, they could really work on the animation at times.
Oct 1, 2007 3:52 AM
Jun 2007
Wow that episode realy suck!!! Lots of filler X:
Oct 1, 2007 5:38 AM

Jun 2007
Wait, how did a beat up Sakura carrying an old woman catch up to Naruto so fast? The've been jumping across trees for months.
Oct 1, 2007 6:06 AM

Jan 2005
mulderman said:
Wait, how did a beat up Sakura carrying an old woman catch up to Naruto so fast? The've been jumping across trees for months.
Lol, yeah :D
Oct 2, 2007 1:38 AM
Oct 2007
Ufozile said:
mulderman said:
Lol, yeah :D

So true it's insanely funny
Oct 4, 2007 8:49 AM

Jun 2007
This episode wasn't bad and Kakashi's sharingan is awesome! It's really annoying though, they keep on extending the time until we see the next episode! Well, it can't be helped, at least we get to see it at all.
Oct 5, 2007 9:24 AM

Aug 2007
Ehh.. Naruto crybaby? Anyway, I thought that he will kick birdie-man's face when used demon-fox's cloak -.-' Instead, he attacked Kakashi.. So, what was his role in that long, long chasing? And why the hell Sakura with grandma on her back did this strange-growing-trees-canyon way in half of episode, while Naruto+Kakashi did it in whole 5-6 eps? :|

Uff.. but, all in all - it was a nice ep. I liked it, but knew the end and the way of ending pretty earlier :P
Oct 12, 2007 2:18 AM

Aug 2007
question....................no naruto this week.......????
Oct 14, 2007 4:52 AM

Oct 2007
EvilDevil said:
Wow that episode realy suck!!! Lots of filler X:

that episode wasn't a filler
Oct 31, 2007 7:04 PM
Dec 2006
New opening ROCKS, loved it but it gives too much spoilers

Oct 13, 2008 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
I thought this episode was fairly decent~
It was cool to see moreof Kakashi's Sharingan not to mention Naruto's feelings after he recovered Gaara. Plus the whole Deidara fighting with no arms and still managing to explode himself was good :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Sep 12, 2009 9:42 AM

Mar 2009
My heart really went out to Naruto in this episode my heart is broken so often watching this anime lots of characters have led awful lives.

Jun 2, 2010 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
Deidera got busted by Team Guy. x]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 10, 2010 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
mulderman said:

Months? Haven't you been paying attention? It was about 5 minutes! Do the math, what was it again, one minute per episode? :) Okay maybe 6 or 7 minutes (I guess that still doesn't make sense huh?).

As for the tears - it's anime, there's always gonna be more tears than irl when there's crying.

Anyway I still liked it, this (double) episode. Still as in after all the previous episodes that I also liked, I like this one too - not still as in even though X and Y I still liked it.

Alicia3000 said:
My heart really went out to Naruto in this episode my heart is broken so often watching this anime lots of characters have led awful lives.

Agreed.
WhatsifsowhatsitDec 10, 2010 3:57 AM
Dec 10, 2010 3:52 AM

Sep 2009
I'm sorry for the double post - my internet messed up on me.
WhatsifsowhatsitDec 10, 2010 3:59 AM
Aug 29, 2011 1:15 AM

Jun 2009
Really good episode, I thought. This first arc has been very inconsistent though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 30, 2012 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
i hope gaara will be ok :(
Mar 25, 2013 10:42 PM

Feb 2010
B614BAAD8E7A6E10 said:
Compared to previous episodes, this one was actually good, in the sense that it was only mildly annoying as opposed to mind numbingly boring.

this. and that's just because of deidera.
Aug 19, 2014 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Outstanding episode.
One of the best so far
Sep 14, 2014 8:34 AM
May 2012
Combined episodes again~
Fuck, Kakashi and Naruto action, but then, it got all sad at the end T^T
Naruto's sad OSTs always gets me. Almost like I feel like crying, man.
Animation was really bad this episode!!
Jun 8, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
Man Naruto pounding Deidara's face in was surprisingly badass, and speaking of Deidara the dude seems like he's holding back a lot, makes me wonder how strong he actually is.
Jun 11, 2016 12:50 PM

Jun 2016
I decided to re-watch Naruto Shippuden... so i liked this episode. I love gaara, and i didnt wanted him to die :) I hate what they did to Neji. He used to be cool, strong, smart... The Naruto emotional scene was nice :) Didnt liked naruto kyubi mode, poorly done. Kakashi mangekyo sharingan- nothing special
Sep 13, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
Naruto's emotions in this episode were just priceless.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 4, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2015
dem feels... I was hoping that Chiyo would stay in the series longer.

“You were so bright... shining... Like... the sun!” ☆
Jul 7, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2016
Welp, that's pretty much a #riperino for Granny Chiyo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 14, 2018 9:18 PM
Aug 2014
Was expecting some kind of transformation, but instead he blows himself up.
Aug 16, 2019 10:01 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, but is Deidara really dead?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 9, 2020 8:11 AM

Mar 2019
Ouch,this really hurts.Damn,this was so good.If it wasn't obvious that Granny would revive him,I would have actually cried.This was well-done!I hope Deidara escaped tho.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 22, 2020 2:09 PM
Dec 2017
Trie said:
<span style="color:#C11B17">I thought it was pretty good, they should just squeeze 2 episodes into 1 :P it will create a somewhat decent episode lol, anyways I hope Gaara doesn't die, but I felt kind of sad when Chiyo started to use that resuscitation technique.

but wow we got an hour special and now we have to wait 3 weeks until the next episode? this doesn't feel like an "equivalent exchange" haha</span>

ahahah nice reference
Sep 1, 2020 8:33 PM
Nov 2017
Teared a bit while Naruto spoke. He really understands Gaara's feelings but he's still not able to fulfill his promises. I think Sakura was the hero in this season.
Sep 18, 2020 12:00 PM
Jul 2020
Ok, I loved this episode. I love it when the MC breaks down for once. Not everyone is so strong, and Naruto felt like it should have been him. Might be one of my favorite episodes to date. I teared up when he cried over Gaara.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.