Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sonia as a child ?
Ludwig was so good. *_*
But the fight is awesome in same time ... Really !
The fight ...
The word ...
But Sonia is dead ...
Sonia IS FUCKING DEAD !
That was fucking sad !
The music, all !
Jan 12, 2013 8:59 PM

Jun 2012
Sonia and have Soma save her by sacrficing himself. Hell, we could have a ShunxHyoga moment except Sonia will be the one giving her life energy to save Soma!
i not sure about that. i hope sonia is alive not dead

ep 40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLh04Wk8hU&feature=player_embedded
salvationhopeJan 12, 2013 9:08 PM
Jan 13, 2013 1:13 AM
Mar 2011
I knew the armor would leave her with this it seems omega is finally doing something right by sticking to established facts. i found sonia ridiculous when she said that the rule of gold cloths for warriors who protect athena was a thing of the past, so i laughed when it left her and her power went berserk. that asside it seemed like she couldn't even use its power. if anything this gives a rise for the REAL scorpion gold saint to show up in the future. there might not be a fight in the sagittarius temple considering that is seiya's house but you never know. comon ikki show up and kick butt. soniya would of died much sooner if it was ikki she fought instead of souma's dad.
Jan 13, 2013 5:18 AM

Jan 2011
;o; omg Sonia died! I feel so sad for her death :(
I wanted to see more Sonia...

Jan 13, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2012
Oh god. This is by far my favorite episode.
Jan 13, 2013 11:54 AM
Jan 2013
Episode was really good, and fight between Sonia and Soma too.
I think it was sad to kill her when she realize what is good and what is not.

For Bad things it was sure that Soma will achieve seventh sense. And the same thing will happen in next episode when Haruto will do it too. It's so lame that Omega is so predictable.

Other fact is that the young Saints are much weaker than Seiya group. For now they killed only two Gold Saints - Schiller and Sonia. Seiya and his party killed 6 of them - Deathmask, Shaka (he was done by Ikki at the time), Shura, Camus, Aphrodite and Saga. The difference in power is great between both groups and the reason for this is unknown.
Jan 13, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
krzychomir said:

Other fact is that the young Saints are much weaker than Seiya group. For now they killed only two Gold Saints - Schiller and Sonia. Seiya and his party killed 6 of them - Deathmask, Shaka (he was done by Ikki at the time), Shura, Camus, Aphrodite and Saga. The difference in power is great between both groups and the reason for this is unknown.

Indeed, but Sonia didn't die, she just killed herself, even tho Soma tried to save her, but failed, so that makes only one death, and we don't even know for sure if pseudo phantom of the opera Schiller is indeed dead.

Now about this episode, around the middle i was like thinking to myself, so many possibilities, this could be my favorite episode, the only two characters that i actually like in it, the fight was well made then...

They decide to make Sonia go berserk and die, fu** you omega, you just killed one of the best characters on this anime, she deserved much better than that, everytime she had screentime she made the episode better, and now she is gone, like seriously, bad choice, really bad. Soma was cool as always, i was hoping for something like Sonia's redemption and such, but omega have to always surprise me in negative ways.

3/5 because of unmasked and chibi Sonia (would give 4/5 if she kept her long hair).
bobodanJan 13, 2013 1:11 PM
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Jan 13, 2013 1:59 PM
Sep 2012
First Aria, now Sonia, suddenly I am worried for Yuma, she could be next.

Sonia she was cool. I am going to mis her, though I had a bad feeling she was going to die for a long time, so I am not really surprised, but still sad.

I think that closes the door if it wasn't closed already to Eden ever forgiving his parents. All the people he ever loved are dead and his parents played a role in all of it. I think that is it, his dad killed his girlfriend, his mom set up his own sister's dead, if I was him I would wash my hands of them, I am done with them. Is so wrong that I am hoping Eden is the main guy to take down Mars instead of Kouga.

But at least we got to see Sonia unmasked, and I hope we haven't seen the last of her, I am hoping her spirit will provide emotionally or even physically support for our heros when they fight Mars. I am sure she will be in the minds and the hearts of Soma and Eden when they fight Mars.
blfanJan 13, 2013 2:20 PM
Jan 13, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Sonia's in the 2nd OP, so I don't think this is the end of her. She may assist like Sonia in spirit.

I expect Eden or Mycene to be the next (if he is going to confront Medea). Eden because the myth of Medea is just too obvious and Mars might betray her. Though they may have a plot twist just like Sonia (being not of Medea's blood).

I think that the ending is justified and fitting for a tragic end for the children of Medea. Otherwise, it won't show how a cloth may reject its user. I also think that's how the Aquarius cloth will eventually kill its user with that curse it has.
sentienceJan 13, 2013 7:19 PM
Jan 13, 2013 7:15 PM

Sep 2007
Mycene will be the next.
In the preview, they said Mycene will try to fight Medea ...
But Amor, the Pisces Gold Saint will be here ...
Jan 13, 2013 7:22 PM

May 2012
ShiroiRyu said:
Mycene will be the next.
In the preview, they said Mycene will try to fight Medea ...
But Amor, the Pisces Gold Saint will be here ...

I'll be surprised if Medea dies.

Someone elsewhere is wondering why Medea could control cloths. I think it may be because Mars + Medea are already controlling the real Saori, chained and drained of her essence. That's probably how they could control the cloths.
Jan 14, 2013 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
A tragic end for a tragic character. I was not surprised with Sonia's fate (they kinda hinted it in the opening), but I was hoping the writers would pull one over on us. I like how this episode explains Sonia's inner conflicts, her doubts and her indecisiveness as well as give us glimpses of her childhood.

As for the episode, definitely one of my favorites, possibly my favorite. The animation was excellent (I wish the previous episode was drawn this well) and Souma's battle with Sonia was superb as well as emotional. Also the music definitely fits the mood of the episode. Alas, we finally got to see Sonia unmasked and she was certainly a true beauty. That last scene with Souma taking her hand was very bittersweet.

And one more thing, what the heck happened? Did the cloth eject her? Did she commit suicide? Did Medea rig the cloth to explode? (This is a possible outcome going around other forums) Anyone care to explain?

P.S. Rest in Peace Sonia
legacy-edgeJan 14, 2013 1:05 AM
Jan 14, 2013 5:01 AM

Jul 2012
legacy-edge said:

And one more thing, what the heck happened? Did the cloth eject her? Did she commit suicide? Did Medea rig the cloth to explode? (This is a possible outcome going around other forums) Anyone care to explain?

P.S. Rest in Peace Sonia

I guess we will never know for sure, but imo the cloth rejected her at the moment that her emotions went berserk, so she burned her cosmo with all her regret, anger, sadness that everything that she lived for was a lie, her body could not handle it and she got killed by her own cosmo that she could not control, i still hoped that Soma would somehow saver her...bleh i really liked Sonia, that episode was the first one to make me kinda sad.
Jan 14, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2007
About the death ...
We are not sure.
Remember Cassios ?
The cloth was on his head ...
But in the preview, it's not on Sonia head !
Jan 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Jul 2012
ShiroiRyu said:
About the death ...
We are not sure.
Remember Cassios ?
The cloth was on his head ...
But in the preview, it's not on Sonia head !

i'm not really sure i understood what you said, care to explain a little? to be honest i faintly remember anything with cassius, only him loving shina and dying to aioria cause it was the only way to keep seiya alive.
Jan 15, 2013 3:07 AM
Jan 2013
bobodan said:
i'm not really sure i understood what you said, care to explain a little? to be honest i faintly remember anything with cassius, only him loving shina and dying to aioria cause it was the only way to keep seiya alive.

You didn't understood because that person is writing nonsenses. It would be best to ignore.
Jan 15, 2013 3:22 AM

Aug 2012
But Cassios don't fall like Sonia and we see Soma criyng for her and i don't think he is wrong about her death...

Shit this episode was to sad and the scene that he put the hands on her hands *.*

That's as one of my favorites episodes too but i am sad because Sonia.

(At least she is one of the best characters on Omega)
"The King command are absoluty"
Jan 15, 2013 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
@krzy, that last comment you posted was too funny, lol!
DON'T BELIEVE IN THE HYPE, ITS ALL JUST PART OF A MASTER PLAN
Jan 15, 2013 3:14 PM

Sep 2007
bobodan said:

Bad english from me.
When someone is dead, you always put a cloth on his face ...
Remember it ? You already saw on TV corpses and others no ?
Look at the previous of 41 : her face is not covered. :)

khzychomir : from someone with 3 posts and just joined in January, i can only thought about a second account because you were banned.
Sorry, i don't have time for you.
Jan 15, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
ShiroiRyu said:
bobodan said:

Bad english from me.

ah, i see but as far as i can remember, aioria covered cassius body with his cape, there was nothing like that on this fight, but yeah even tho i don't think she is alive, i'm hoping they dont kill her like that. and i dont think i've seen sonia on eps 41 preview, was just haruto and ryuho against tokisada, and something about micaene going after medea, well i dont really pay much attention to previews so yeah i can be wrong, too bad i already deleted the episode.
Jan 15, 2013 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
For Micaene, you can be afraid.
For me : he will die.
By Amor, the Gold of Pisces (who will appear in this episode). :(
Jan 15, 2013 7:40 PM
Sep 2012
ShiroiRyu said:

Babelfish is your friend.
Jan 15, 2013 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
bobodan said:
ShiroiRyu said:
bobodan said:

Bad english from me.

ah, i see but as far as i can remember, aioria covered cassius body with his cape, there was nothing like that on this fight, but yeah even tho i don't think she is alive, i'm hoping they dont kill her like that. and i dont think i've seen sonia on eps 41 preview, was just haruto and ryuho against tokisada, and something about micaene going after medea, well i dont really pay much attention to previews so yeah i can be wrong, too bad i already deleted the episode.

Mr. Bobodan,

Thanks a million for that wonderful explanation! As for ShiroiRyu, I think he means that Sonia might not be dead because her face was not covered with a cloth which might be a hint that she may have survived. He also adds that when Cassius dies, Aioria places his cape over his whole body including his face as a sign of respect. Well that's what I understand of ShiroiRyu's theory.

krzychomir said:

You didn't understood because that person is writing nonsenses. It would be best
to ignore.

TriGG said:
@krzy, that last comment you posted was too funny, lol!

You two should be ashamed of yourselves for being so rude.
legacy-edgeJan 16, 2013 8:16 PM
Jan 16, 2013 3:47 AM

Sep 2007
Thanks Legacy for explain that to Bobodan.
Really better with your explanations. ^^
Jan 16, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
legacy-edge said:

Mr. Bobodan,

Thanks a million for that wonderful explanation! As for ShiroiRyu, I think he means that Sonia might not be dead because her face was not covered with a cloth which might be a hint that she may have survived. He also adds that when Cassius dies, Aioria places his cape over whole his body including his face as a sign of respect. Well that's what I understand of ShiroiRyu's theory.

You're welcome :)

And yeah, that was pretty much what i understood after he explained.

ShiroiRyu said:

On a side note, is Amor really the name of the new piscies gold? That means love in my language (probably everyone knows that tho :P), but i had to point it out haha
Jan 16, 2013 3:28 PM

Apr 2008
bobodan said:
On a side note, is Amor really the name of the new piscies gold? That means love in my language (probably everyone knows that tho :P), but i had to point it out haha

I was thinking exactly the same XDDD As a native spanish speaker, it sounds like a transexul name or some shit like that. I'm afraid :__D
Jan 16, 2013 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
This episode gave me chills, I don't know if Sonia is actually dead though. But I think she did lose her senses...most likely in a vegi state. I think eventually the gold cloths are going to retaliate against the other gold saints...but thats in my perfect little world thoughX). But One thing thats making this ark more interesting as it goes on is, I'm actually seeing more and more how f'n Nuts Medea and Mars are. I mean Medea was ready to destroy all of Sanctuary and now sacrifices her own flesh...O.o Damn. Question does anyone know what happened to the old Sanctuary, was there ever an episode of it disappearing? IDR
Jan 16, 2013 4:01 PM

Dec 2012
I apologize for making fun of you ShiroiRyu, I kind of dig your writing now, makes you a cool blooger lol....that being said. We actually saw Sonia's death the whole time at the end of the 2nd opening..More chills after realizing it -.-
Jan 16, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
loved the ep, sonya was my fav character from Omega an seeing her as a Gold Saint was awesome... her death was memorable
Piscis Saint next? id like him to be as fabulous as Albafica was
Jan 16, 2013 8:15 PM

Apr 2008
Mmmm.....I need something happy. Bye Sonia...

BUT YES! The fighting was good, finally!
Jan 17, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2007
TriGG said:
I apologize for making fun of you ShiroiRyu, I kind of dig your writing now, makes you a cool blooger lol....that being said. We actually saw Sonia's death the whole time at the end of the 2nd opening..More chills after realizing it -.-

Not your fault hey. But you understand my blog ? ^^'

bobodan : yes, his real name look like Amor ... and yes, same for me ...
Amor = Love = Amour ... Hahaha ... XD
Jan 17, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2011
Ok, this episode was pretty damn good.
The animations, the cutting and even the content. All very good.

Not the usual "One-Hit -> One-Hit Comeback -> over" crap.
Jan 17, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
OMG Sonia. T__T Her family rejected her. They only care about Eden. Scorpio Cloth rejects her and she dies in the process. She could not control the power of the Cloth. Soma really cared for her. He even forgave her for killing his dad. I was hoping Soma would save her. I hope Medea dies!!!!!
Jan 17, 2013 1:11 PM
Nov 2008
krzychomir said:
Episode was really good, and fight between Sonia and Soma too.
I think it was sad to kill her when she realize what is good and what is not.

For Bad things it was sure that Soma will achieve seventh sense. And the same thing will happen in next episode when Haruto will do it too. It's so lame that Omega is so predictable.

Horrible comparison.
Old series is 6 deads by the end
but it you see the situation before the House of Capricorn they are both at 2 dead and the old series can be considered the one with the worse situation since Ikki had to sacrifice himself ( but then both Shaka and Ikki are alive so that fight doesn't add any dead at all )

So, I think it's better to wait before judging.
Jan 17, 2013 2:10 PM
Jan 2013
_Legna said:
Horrible comparison.
but it you see the situation before the House of Capricorn they are both at 2 dead and the old series can be considered the one with the worse situation since Ikki had to sacrifice himself ( but then both Shaka and Ikki are alive so that fight doesn't add any dead at all )

It means that both Bronze and Gold Saints were stronger than in Omega.

BTW i am wondering who the heck give Mars the title of Grand Pope. Athena is the only one who can give such a title. I don't think she would do this so how can this be? Self-proclaiming?
Jan 17, 2013 4:09 PM
Nov 2008
krzychomir said:
_Legna said:
Horrible comparison.

It means that both Bronze and Gold Saints were stronger than in Omega.

BTW i am wondering who the heck give Mars the title of Grand Pope. Athena is the only one who can give such a title. I don't think she would do this so how can this be? Self-proclaiming?

As I said: how can you say that when right now it's almost the same situation of the previous generation ?

And yes, it was self-proclaiming.
Jan 17, 2013 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
Guys how long does it take for you avatar to show up?. I drew my version of koga and I want you peeps to see it X)..let me know what guys you think.
Jan 18, 2013 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
Way too rushed. They should give it two episodes like with the other Saints. It seems they're trying to cap everything in 48 episodes so gotta kill Sonia fast. So much potential for this one and t'was nothing more than decent. Or maybe it's me who's getting old.
Jan 21, 2013 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
Ciara said:
Way too rushed. They should give it two episodes like with the other Saints. It seems they're trying to cap everything in 48 episodes so gotta kill Sonia fast. So much potential for this one and t'was nothing more than decent. Or maybe it's me who's getting old.

Really? I didn't think it was rushed.
Jan 21, 2013 10:10 AM

Jan 2008
Maybe the fact that they were taking it slow with previous Saints made me feel that way. Sonia's story is one of better segments in Omega and I got the vibe that creators thought she doesn't deserve two episodes.
Jan 21, 2013 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
Ciara said:
Maybe the fact that they were taking it slow with previous Saints made me feel that way. Sonia's story is one of better segments in Omega and I got the vibe that creators thought she doesn't deserve two episodes.

Agreed, she deserved more, a lot more imo.
Jan 21, 2013 12:50 PM

Oct 2011
TriGG said:
Guys how long does it take for you avatar to show up?. I drew my version of koga and I want you peeps to see it X)..let me know what guys you think.

Go to your profile. Edit. Go to Forum Settings. You can then choose your profile picture for MAL forum.
Jan 21, 2013 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
Thanks animefan500
Apr 3, 2023 2:54 AM

Jul 2016
bobodan said:
Ciara said:

Agreed, she deserved more, a lot more imo.

She was one of the only ionteresting characters... 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 58 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 18, 2013

31 by Vindicater »»
Jan 15, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 11, 2013

19 by Vindicater »»
Jan 14, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 56 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 4, 2013

24 by Vindicater »»
Jan 13, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 54 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 20, 2013

14 by Vindicater »»
Jan 8, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 53 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13, 2013

27 by Vindicater »»
Jan 7, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.