Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 3, 2008 3:19 AM

Sep 2008
Okay, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Sure, they switched truly epic thriller scenes with shounen fight, but at least it was a good shounen fight. It's a pity that Sena's flashback was incomplete, but I hope they will fix that in DVD release (where they can, you know, show gore). Oh, and they talk too much for the action episode (You shouldn't think such long sentence as "Did he send the antiparticles into their dead spots to destroy my particles along with my delusions?" while sword-fighting, mmkay?).

Still wondering what are they going to show in the later episodes, though.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

血の赤も、骨の白も、焼け爛れる肉の黒も腹から噴き出る臓腑の灰も。

銃剣の煌き弾丸のメタル。軋む戦車の振動に塹壕の饐えた匂い。
Dec 3, 2008 8:02 AM

Jan 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, but...

(Spoilers for game)

I found this whole episode really lame.
Besides, seriously... puppies?
Dec 3, 2008 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
Anti-Existence said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but...

(Spoilers for game)

I found this whole episode really lame.
Besides, seriously... puppies?

Yeah the Takumi part is true but I wonder if people around him that are Gigalomaniacs can do the same if he wishes to help them.

For example he wishes they all could have his strength? This should make Takumi real boot his powers into them.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 3, 2008 8:52 AM

Jun 2008
SingerOfW said:
Okay, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Sure, they switched truly epic thriller scenes with shounen fight, but at least it was a good shounen fight.

it was not good. it was stupid D:

They took out my two favorite scenes in the game. ;_;
Dec 3, 2008 10:12 AM

Sep 2008
hirahira said:
SingerOfW said:
Okay, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Sure, they switched truly epic thriller scenes with shounen fight, but at least it was a good shounen fight.

it was not good. it was stupid D:

They took out my two favorite scenes in the game. ;_;

Mine too, but still, the fight wasn't so bad. It could be done much, much worse, and it gets some bonus points for some of the attacks. Sure, it's not as good as the dropped scenes, but it is better than, say, Naruto endless fights.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Dec 3, 2008 12:24 PM

Jun 2007
It's all seeming a little rushed, but I'm still intrigued. I'll most likely take a looks at the visual novel after this.

I was a little surprised to see some action, but hey, it wasn't too bad.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 3, 2008 2:18 PM
Jun 2007
the mere presence of Kozu-pii in this episode garners it an automatic 3/5. =P

The fights were incredibly generic swordfights, nothing really outstanding there. however, I did like the trick Norose used on Sena and Kozu-pii. They have been enigmas since they were introduced that some backstory was much appreciated.
Dec 3, 2008 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
Incredibly brain-dead episode. Too many deus ex machinas to count, and the attack on N.O.Z.O.M.I. was very poorly executed. No build up whatsoever, just, "Hey, Takumi, let's go attack the badguy's fort!" And on top of it all, it was extremely predictable with typical action scenes.

And Takumi's, "Cocytus is the river at the lowest level of hell, according to Greek myths" pissed me off to no end. Gee, thanks writers for completely underestimating me. I really appreciate you breaking the dialog to explain your oh-so-clever reference to mythology. Next time I want to be beaten over the head with obscure facts, I know where to look. [/sarcasm]
Dec 3, 2008 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
slayer545 said:

3. Why does the president of N.O.Z.O.M.I. have a Di-Sword?

Because he's a gigalomaniac and obviously wants to use the powers of gigalomaniacs for his own purposes?
slayer545 said:
4. Why did not Takumi activate his sword?

He obviously didn't know how to.
slayer545 said:
5. How did Ayase possibly get out of the hospital made it through to save all and then fall unconscious?

Why you're even asking this question is beyond me. Sheer willpower? A cliche like that is in every action show possible. Badass character turns up to save everybody even though he's all banged up and then falls unconcious afterwards. Generic plot armor. Overanalysis ftl. You remind me of a certain banned someone who did the same exact thing, questioning every little obvious thing.
slayer545 said:
8.Is this Yua or Nanami who is captured?

It's pretty obvious that it's Nanami.

Still waiting on Takumi to get off his ass and stop screaming like a moron and actually do something.
WasabiDec 3, 2008 8:06 PM
Dec 3, 2008 9:01 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
slayer545 said:

3. Why does the president of N.O.Z.O.M.I. have a Di-Sword?

Because he's a gigalomaniac and obviously wants to use the powers of gigalomaniacs for his own purposes? Yes, but still I wonder if he became one or was he born one?
slayer545 said:
4. Why did not Takumi activate his sword?

He obviously didn't know how to. Yeah, looks to me he was even too much in panic
slayer545 said:
5. How did Ayase possibly get out of the hospital made it through to save all and then fall unconscious?

Why you're even asking this question is beyond me. Sheer willpower? A cliche like that is in every action show possible. Badass character turns up to save everybody even though he's all banged up and then falls unconcious afterwards. Generic plot armor. Overanalysis ftl. You remind me of a certain banned someone who did the same exact thing, questioning every little obvious thing. Nah, just a question for fun but I wonder if Ayase might have projected herself to appear there or if Takumi somehow real-booted her. This anime got me curious most of other animes.
slayer545 said:
8.Is this Yua or Nanami who is captured?

It's pretty obvious that it's Nanami. That I was not sure but many have confirmed and I checked some game reference about it. So far much of it is being followed although there were some changes in this episode.

Still waiting on Takumi to get off his ass and stop screaming like a moron and actually do something.

Agreed about your comment above, question is who is going to make him being ridiculous and a man? His sister or perhaps Rimi?
Dec 4, 2008 7:41 AM
Sep 2008
ALL OF U KEEP SAYING THE MAIN CHARECTER IS THAT AND THE MAIN CHARECTER IS THIS look even though i didnt even know there was a game i think this anime was pretty good made me addicted as soon as i saw Sure taku is a bit of a scaredy cat but face it in real life if u saw a criminal shooting a person would u jump to his rescue? that bieng said The anime is 8/10 its nice AND I do not mind the main charecter

But anti said taku was 60 % that was wrong

I would say 20-30 %
Dec 4, 2008 8:48 AM

Nov 2008
Lonareas said:
ALL OF U KEEP SAYING THE MAIN CHARECTER IS THAT AND THE MAIN CHARECTER IS THIS look even though i didnt even know there was a game i think this anime was pretty good made me addicted as soon as i saw Sure taku is a bit of a scaredy cat but face it in real life if u saw a criminal shooting a person would u jump to his rescue? that bieng said The anime is 8/10 its nice AND I do not mind the main charecter

But anti said taku was 60 % that was wrong

I would say 20-30 %

Seriously the show is so complex that we can do something like this:
10%----------->Chaos
10%----------->Gore
10%----------->Paranormal
10%----------->Illusion
10%----------->Ecchi
10%----------->Anime references
10%----------->Future technology
10%----------->music
10%----------->the girls
10%----------->legends and swords

So all in all the show it too complex to start putting % on things and characters.

Hell I would love if they made 80%----------->Kozue-piii involved but no way.
Dec 4, 2008 12:09 PM

Sep 2008

What.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Dec 4, 2008 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
SingerOfW said:

What.

Seira and anime PVC figurines.
Dec 4, 2008 3:42 PM
Oct 2007
slayer545 said:
SingerOfW said:

What.

Seira and anime PVC figurines.

I wouldn't call that a "reference" since Seira nor any of her figurines are from an actual anime, at least not one I've ever heard of. Rather, something like "anime otaku-ism at its max madness", lol. XD

I'm so sick of Takumi and his voice even if it does fit him. But at least he's OUTSIDE and interacting with PEOPLE now. I'm a bit disappointed in this show at this point. I was expecting a lot of horror and gore but WHERE DID IT ALL GO????? And last, not enough Rimi, again! Sad ...
Dec 5, 2008 9:58 PM
Oct 2007
the "macross_f.jpg" when we see the tv on the computer is a reference to Macross Frontier :D
Very good show, stop speaking about the game or go to mygamelist.net if you want to complain about it being different!
Dec 5, 2008 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
Neph said:
the "macross_f.jpg" when we see the tv on the computer is a reference to Macross Frontier :D
Very good show, stop speaking about the game or go to mygamelist.net if you want to complain about it being different!

Nice I missed that. :P
Dec 6, 2008 4:49 AM

Sep 2008
Neph said:

Yeah, right, because the game is not related to the series at all. Uh huh.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Dec 6, 2008 3:12 PM

Oct 2008
well that baby wasnt nearly gross enough looking to me but the fight was kind of interesting and seeing taku actually do something was nice though im curious what hsi di sword will be like since msot of the others have pretty cool ones
Dec 6, 2008 4:06 PM

Oct 2008
SingerOfW said:
Neph said:

Yeah, right, because the game is not related to the series at all. Uh huh.

I think talking about the game is kinda the same as talking about the manga of a given anime. So I agree that talk about the game shouldn't be here, just like how the default forum disclaimer says not to talk about the manga.

But since people have posted about the game, I can see how their love of it has carried over to their feelings about the anime itself.
Dec 7, 2008 6:15 AM

Jul 2007
I. Fucking. Love. This. Series.
Dec 7, 2008 4:39 PM

Jul 2008
asandari said:
I. Fucking. Love. This. Series.

Huh, that's what I was gonna say...
Dec 7, 2008 7:53 PM

Jun 2007
interesting episode with good action and mystery.
kozu pii has major enslaving crying skills.
the detective's mysteries are becoming more interesting.
shogun is.... wow, with rimi. twist. and taku is not real.... what a super twist.
Sena's and Kozu pii's pasts were interesting.
being stalked with mirrors.... now that is a new one.
the action was also nice. i liked the dilusions a lot.
yay for ayase showing up. she is a life saver, yay
what a huge di sword does that other guy have.
TWIST, they were being mindfucked into believing they were fighting the real one.
in the end, it is the guy's di sword... but... now..... the spoilers come to me.... nanami.... bawwwwwww
Dec 8, 2008 12:29 PM

Feb 2008
Nice discussion and comments so far. Gave a good read! ^^

About the episode:
Somehow I had difficulties during the last few episodes following the plot. In addition to that Im losing interest in the main character, since he is not my type of "hero".

Nevertheless the girls are great, so I keep on watching. Hopefully the next episodes will make me more excited about the actual story. :]
Dec 10, 2008 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode! A little more than action of what the normal one! And many explanations!
Dec 20, 2008 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode, it was nice to see some actual combat this time around.
Dec 31, 2008 12:40 AM

May 2008
slayer545-sama said:
Man, If I look closely, some of the descriptions I made imitate angel999 a little. I did this unconsciously. That last thread influenced me.

It's OK, you'll recover. It's not a disease (I think)

The whole concept of fighting with basically your imagination is so sweet... This episode and some earlier ones brought this up to a 9 for me. Hope they can keep this up.
Jan 2, 2009 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly I thought it was a sub par episode. It did not have all the elements previous episodes had but it was still enjoyable.
Nov 29, 2009 8:52 AM

Jun 2008
theeggman85 said:

The whole concept of fighting with basically your imagination is so sweet... This episode and some earlier ones brought this up to a 9 for me. Hope they can keep this up.

then it was a fake episode, amirite?

Mar 26, 2010 8:08 PM

Jun 2009
Shogun and Rimi together, that experiment of the human mind was really gross
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 3, 2010 8:47 AM

Dec 2008
OK, now this show is starting to mind rape me.
Taku was absolutely worthless in this episode.
His constant mind raping has me concerned about his overall well-being. He should just take some Paxil and go to sleep. When he wakes up...everything will be back to normal...or as normal as it can get for someone like him. Poor guy.
Nov 28, 2010 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
8th episode and STILL Takumi doesn't have his sword. it's annoying.

and i wonder what's the case between Rimi and Shogun.
btw. i noticed that Shogun have really nice and quite sexy voice
Jan 6, 2011 8:24 PM

Jul 2010
can anyone tell me the name of the song that ws played when hotona (aoi, i dont really remember) attacked the guy after she and telepathy girl stopped fighting eachother.
also can u pm the song? just in case

Jan 18, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2010
I like the development in the story, but seriously, what a little bitch, he didn't help at all. xD
Apr 8, 2011 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Fights between people who make their delusions turn into reality turn to be somewhat interesting, and here's a prime example.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 16, 2011 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, lots of fighting. Seems like Norose has some kind of past with Sena, he did something with her mom and put her into a "dream"? The "dream" Rimi was talking about with Shogun could have something to do with that I suppose ...?
That helper police guy seems kinda sketch the way he was watching those two in the beginning ;O
Thought Takumi might get his sword this episode, but I guess not ... he was useless lol :P
Norose kidnapped someone with the frog thing, so either Yua or Nanami? Except Yua's in the preview so I suppose it's Nanami ... oh noes D;
Other random note, I thought the music this episode was really good lol :P
Aug 6, 2011 10:31 AM

Feb 2011
The tone of the series is going towards a cheesy 90's shonen...

Although the setup of the series is surprisingly Madoka-like.
Nov 3, 2011 4:20 PM

Feb 2010
The horror aspect in this anime is completely gone now but it was good while it lasted too bad.
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 30, 2011 9:50 AM

Mar 2011
I'm finding this to be a little boring.
Dec 18, 2011 11:24 PM

Sep 2009
Takumi needs to kind a backbone!!!!!!!
May 10, 2012 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
wow, some nice action and nice story developments
Jun 1, 2012 4:57 AM
Jun 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song that is played when Fess comes and saves the day with cocytus? I believe it is a variation of Haritsuke no missa , but I can't seem to find it, in any OST that has been released.
Sep 22, 2012 3:01 PM

May 2012
Great episode we get some more information about both girls past and we start a quest to destroy that white haired man and NoahII! We'll I'll stay tuned :D
Dec 25, 2012 7:23 AM
Sep 2012
So Rimi wants to delete Taku and is working with the General.
Jan 17, 2013 7:28 AM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed the sword fight actually. It was nice for a change. Also, just as suspected Rimi is an enemy.

Feb 27, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
The plot has gone bad.
But, I still like the characters
Jul 15, 2013 3:23 AM

Jun 2010
I liked Sena's tough attitude and love of ass-kicking, but then they went and made her afraid of puppies. Another tough female character ruined.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2013 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
Well finally Rimi is showing her true colors, after all she did kill the guy in the first episode and has been making Takumi crazy ever since.
Aug 27, 2013 7:01 PM

Mar 2012
So far I found the first half of this anime more interesting than these past two episodes. Hoping it doesn't have a crappy ending : /
Mar 13, 2014 12:48 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode. So we find out that Rimi really isn't on Takumi's side, but with Shogun instead. Hmm. Will keep watching to see what happens next! Onto the next episode!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.