Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 11, 2013 4:02 PM

I've heard great things about both Heroic Age and Bokurano. Which one should I watch between the two? In your opinion which one is better? Why do you think it's better than the other? Please mention some main points as to why without spoilers. Please don't recommend me any other anime other than those two.

Jan 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Both deal with different topics. Bokurano is quite dark and is more like a drama with mechs in it for the main plot. Yet don't expect great fights. Heroic Age is more like an action adventure mech anime type, with star travel. Furthermore it has more likable characters, whereas in Bokurano you won't get attached to the main characters so much.

Jan 11, 2013 4:10 PM

So, this is not a recommendation thread but a comparison thread.

Jan 11, 2013 7:25 PM

Konik said:
Both deal with different topics. Bokurano is quite dark and is more like a drama with mechs in it for the main plot. Yet don't expect great fights. Heroic Age is more like an action adventure mech anime type, with star travel. Furthermore it has more likable characters, whereas in Bokurano you won't get attached to the main characters so much.

I have to disagree with some of this - I found the mains in Heroic Age to be... stupid. Or at least stereotypical, unbearably so. I couldn't like them because I found them to be so boring.

Bokurano had the more interesting (though not always likeable) cast, and while definitely more of a drama than a mech series, it managed to really bring across the struggle they had with what they had to do.

Jan 12, 2013 2:59 AM

Sweetpea said:
I have to disagree with some of this - I found the mains in Heroic Age to be... stupid. Or at least stereotypical, unbearably so. I couldn't like them because I found them to be so boring.

Well, the main hero in Heroic Age isn't some genius, but on the other hand, he's not some weak shit character, they give in many titles. Yet if the author is looking for more action Heroic Age is better.

Sweetpea said:
Bokurano had the more interesting (though not always likeable) cast, and while definitely more of a drama than a mech series, it managed to really bring across the struggle they had with what they had to do.

Bokurano has definitely more diverse character cast, yet you agree that it's more of a drama.

In the end it all comes down to what the author wants to watch. Action or drama.

Jan 12, 2013 3:22 AM

Sweetpea said:

Agree. But when she says not always likeable she probably means rarely likeable.
Also Mech battles (and mechs too) are ugly (to say the least). Not a great choice if u are looking for a Mecha show with cool battles and robots.