Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Best of season: Sasami-san, Kotoura san.

Pretty good: Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? and Vividred operation.

Barely average: Oreshura, Cuticle.

Boring: Maoyuu.

Weak: Amnesia, Senyuu, Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun

Horrible: Ishida to Asakura

Overhyped: Tamako market

Honorable mention: Inferno cop for being so random and still able to make me laugh a lot.

Overall results: Very disappointing season.
Modified by Darkjolly, Jan 12, 2013 9:21 PM

Jan 12, 2013 10:17 PM

My favorite shows this season:

Psycho-Pass
Robotics;Notes
Shinsekai Yori
Zetsuen no Tempest

Well maybe that doesn't count since they are all continuations from the previous season.

My favorite shows so far that started this season:

Tamako Market
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Haganai NEXT
OreShura

Other than that, this season is pretty weak, which is to be expected. Not to mention the numerous 5-min shows that are also airing this season. Who knows, there might be some shows that will surprise me this season.

My Youtube page: link

Jan 12, 2013 11:10 PM

Crap season. Only enjoyed Boku wa tomodachi NEXT, other than that, fucking terrible season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 12, 2013 11:28 PM
To be honest it probably is just going to be Chihayafuru 2 and Inferno Cop for me :) (hey I found Inferno Cop was still more funny than Cuticle Detective - goat ED excepted, which is undeniably great).

But I'm not really making any plans to survey too many shows from this season (still have to catch up on stuff from last season/continuations).

Might give Amnesia a few more eps. Despite having watched a fair few otome game adaptations (don't think too much of them to begin with), I've never actually played any. This show has a very strange and curious sensation of being exactly what you would think playing an otome game would be like. But cardboard, super blank-insert female MC might test my patience (so far she's equal if not greater than Arcana Famiglia's - plus she's got inbuilt writers cop-out excuse of amnesia).

Jan 12, 2013 11:42 PM
GoldenBRS said:
Winter 2012 is shit

Jan 13, 2013 5:04 AM

Maoyuu-Favorite winter 2013 anime so far

Detective Inaba-Gives me a few laugh but I dropped it

Inferno Cop-It's plain random.....

Tamako Market-The bird is the only character I like so far

Haven't watched Kotoura and Amnesia though

EDIT:I watched Kotoura and I really love it, especially the first part
Modified by Xushu, Jan 13, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 13, 2013 5:17 AM

Kamisama no Memochou needs another season already... they should stop releasing rubbish anime >_>

Only ones I liked so far are Kotoura-san and that bunny girl..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 13, 2013 6:20 AM

Too much cute little girls doing cute little things. The only one I'm really looking forward to is Chihayafuru S2. I have still a huge backlog, so its ok I guess.

Jan 13, 2013 6:50 AM

Only based on the first or first couple episodes.

• Ai Mai Mi - 5/10, Not exactly much to say. Comedy moments but failed attempts at making them funny. Short length anime series.
  • Amnesia - 6/10, Bunch of bishies and what seems to be a dead senseless girl. Hopefully she improves. Colorful character designs.
  • Haganai 2 - 8/10, Sequel of a highly enjoyed series starting off with Sena being a perverted stalker.
  • Chihayafuru 2 - 8/10, So much smiles for when this finally aired.
  • Cuticle Tantei Inaba - 7/10, Not for everyone with it mixtures of shounen-ai vibes usually for comedic purposes and plenty of random humor. Hit or miss. For me, it's a hit.
  • Da Capo III - 6/10, DCIII decided to focus more on boobs now.
  • Inferno Cop - InfernoCop/10, Inferno Cop.
  • Ishida to Asakura - 5/10, Not as humorous as I expected. Another short anime.
  • Kotoura-san - 8/10, Episode 1 was fantastic, but I can't really say much about the anime. If the rest of the anime will be anything like Ep 1, then it'll stay great, but if it goes full blown romcom the rest of the way, I'm sure it'll lose some interest.
  • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 8/10, Reminds me plenty of Spice and Wolf and the similarities. Kinda disappointed with the character design change but I'll manage. Also, her boobs are a plus.
  • Mangirl! - 5/10, Another short anime that ceases to humor with the given amount of time it has for an episode.
  • Modaiji-tachi - 8/10, Seems to be one of those common fantasy action anime based on novels these days. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, especially with the op'd character and the bunny girl. (see avatar).
  • OreShura - 7/10 - Nopan scene. Kinda generic but I enjoy these kind of series.
  • Sasami-san@Ganbararnai - 8/10 - Shaft, hikkimori, bro and sis cons, hare hare yukai dance, oppai missle, and so much more. What else could you ask for?
  • Senran Kagura - 7/10, Watching for plot.
  • Senguu - 7/10, The only short anime I found myself lol'ing too. Lots of adventure rpg game references and jokes.
  • Tamako Market - 6/10, KyoAni. Same ol animation. Nothing new honestly. Not much impact based on Ep 1.
  • Vividred Operation - 7/10. Will be a turn off for plenty of viewers. Enjoyed the high quality colors. The transformation scene was pretty neat.
  • ZKC: The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke - 7/10, Ep1 felt pretty fast but overall, the episode was pretty good. The animation is probably one of the best this season.
  • Modified by Paul, Jan 13, 2013 6:54 AM

Jan 13, 2013 8:58 AM
    GuiltyKing said:
    So far I've only watched OreShura and Haganai NEXT because the latter is a must while OreShura piqued my interest a long time ago.
    I've still got about 10-12 shows left but at the moment I don't really feel like watching anime so they will have to wait. Even though I can easily say that this season won't be better than the last one; at least in my eyes.

Hi past me. Just so you know, you were pretty right in guessing the season's quality.

Here a post of mine from another board since I don't feel like typing it all again.

Let's see how my winter season list is looking so far...

- Haganai NEXT: it's Haganai and the first episode gave me the typical feeling so this one stays obviously.
    - Senran Kagura: keep watching. ...shut up
    - Amnesia: reverse harem and the heroine is annoying so fuck it
    - Da Capo III: after the first episode I realized there's no point in continuing without having watched the prequels (on-hold)
    - Minami-ke Tadaima: see above (on-hold)
    - OreShura: I'm digging that show so keep watching it is
    - Sasami-san@blabla: crazy enough to keep me watching
    - Yama no Susume: it's only three minutes per episode so no harm in continuing it. Besides it's alright so far
    - Tamako Market: fuck I don't know what to say about this one. It's KyoAni we're talking about but this show... if episode 2 sucks I'm out
    - Love Live: my first idol themed anime and I like it. Something refreshing so keep watching for this one

I still have to watch Vividred Operation, Cuticle Tantei Inaba and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha so for now it's 7-10 series this season for me. But something tells me I might not like the Inaba one and Vividred could potentially suck as well. I'll be back later when I've watched them.
    Oops I forgot about Kotoura-san and Mondaiji-tachi. Former could be interesting while latter not so much.
    The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Jan 13, 2013 9:04 AM

yhunata said:
    Somewhat fine. Maoyuu Yuusha and Amnesia are the best for me. While Cuticle Tantei Inaba and Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman somewhat disappointed me from my initial expectations. The shorts so far were nice, but Mangirl! dropped the ball in the second episode. I am probably gonna drop it soon. Sasami-san and Hakkenden, I am gonna watch today. I have somewhat high expectations for both. All in all, the winter season is kinda pale compared to the fall season, which had lots of brilliant anime (namely Psycho-Pass, BTOOOM!, Chuunibyou and Shinsekai Yori). Overall a 6.5/10 for the season, I guess.

Adding to this,

Sasami-san was weak and I can't sit through any more of that, despite the brilliant artwork and opening. Hakkenden, on the other hand, was very enjoyable. My first shojo action (i think) and it gives off more of a shounen vibe than shojo. Vividred Operation was okay and GJ-bu was very enjoyable as well.

Jan 13, 2013 2:53 PM

Ai Mai Mi - 4/10
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - 7/10
    Kotoura-san - 8/10
    Tamako Market - 7/10 (expected it to be really boring, but it turned out to be quite good after all)
    Love Live! School Idol Project - 7/10
    Vividred Operation - 8/10

I actually like all of the series listed above, excluding Ai Mai Mi. I'm not planning to watch any of the other series of this season, though.

Jan 13, 2013 4:36 PM

Let's see, now that I've watched some of the series on offer this season I can break them into categories of enjoyment.

Great:
    Kotoura-san
    GJ-bu

Good:
    Boku wa Tomodachi S2
    Inferno Cop
    Sasami-san
    Saki-Achiga

Average:
    OreShura
    Vividred Operation
    Minami-ke S4

Disappointing:
    Tamako Market

Still to start, on PTW:
    Maoyuu Maou
    Mondaiji

Jan 13, 2013 5:29 PM

I'm only watching about four things right now, and only two of them (Maoyuu and Chihayafuru 2) are really interesting.
    And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Jan 13, 2013 5:30 PM

it's not so sugoi

Jan 13, 2013 5:36 PM

I think there might be a few good ones in there like Hyoubu, Ore no Kanajo and Sasami.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 13, 2013 5:38 PM

Almost everything this season is disappointing

Jan 13, 2013 5:45 PM

Oh well I found 5 or 6 things to watch at least.

Jan 13, 2013 6:16 PM
    amazing since the first one that came out that i wasent expecting till later was Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT lol >.<"!!!!

Jan 13, 2013 6:31 PM

Chihayafuru 2 - Amazing so far. (9/10)
    Inferno Cop /short/ - LOL. Why do they even air this anime? (1/10)
    Ishida to Asakura /short/ - At least he has a cool afro (1/10)
    Kotoura-san - The beginning broke my heart. Can't wait to see how this anime turns out. Reminds me a bit of Toradora (9/10)
    Love Live! School Idol Project - Not much to say about this. Kinda funny moments and I love the MC. Some characters are cookie cutter - but it's still fine. (7/10)
    Mangirl! /short/ - Nothing too special about it. Maybe would have enjoyed it more if it was longer. Feels too rushed. (4/10)
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - The SAO of the winter season. (5/10)
    Senyuu. /short/ - It had a handful of funny moments (5/10)
    Tamako Market - Such a sweet anime so far! I'm loving the diva bird and the premise so far. (9/10)
    Yama no Susume /short/ - Another cute short. Kinda nostalgic for me. (6/10)
    Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke - I loved the first episode. It was so intense. Can't wait to see what else is in store. I just hope that it doesn't take a head first dive after the first episode. (9/10)
    "Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Jan 13, 2013 10:05 PM

other than boku tomadchi 2 nothing really grabed my attention it is kinda of a bad season.

Jan 16, 2013 1:48 AM

Well, this season is disappointing. I mean, I started watching Amnesia, it's not that bad, but it's not special as well. *Sigh*
    Tell the victims to kill eachother.

Jan 16, 2013 1:56 AM

these topics give me cancer! not even on episode 3 yet and people are allready saying it's shit -_-

why do you even create these topics? it's just trollbait and flamewars!

and for the people who realy think it's crap... go watch shows you haven't seen yet! there's more then enough to watch.
    Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

Jan 16, 2013 1:59 AM
    I didn't expect much, but it turned out a good season.

Jan 16, 2013 2:08 AM

This season doesn't look interesting. Looks like another moefest blast.
    I'm only watching Amnesia and Tamako Market for now (if they don't get interesting after episode 5, I might as well drop it.)
    Was hoping for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, dammit.

Inferno Cop is better than all of this season combined.
    Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!

Jan 16, 2013 5:18 AM

Nothing good for me.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is a delusion for the moment..

Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan" remembers me bakemonogatari..which i didnt like.

The only good anime Movie i'm still looking for is Da Hai.

Jan 16, 2013 5:24 AM

exile89 said:
    Nothing good for me.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is a delusion for the moment..

Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan" remembers me bakemonogatari..which i didnt like.

The only good anime Movie i'm still looking for is Da Hai.

...d- did you just compare osaka okan to bakemonogatari?

Jan 16, 2013 5:51 AM

Not that good, although I'm quite excited for Kotoura-san.

Jan 16, 2013 7:40 AM

Nothing too special as far as i've seen

Good - very good [8+]
    Chihayafuru2
    Kotoura-san
    Tamako Market

Ok [6-7]
    Bakamatsu Gijinden Roman
    Boku Tomo NEXT
    Cuticle Taintei Inaba
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    Miinami-ke Tadaima
    OreShura
    Sasami-san@

meh - average or less [4-5]
    Mondaiji-tachi ga isekai ...
    Hakkenden
    Vividred Operation
    Zettai Karen Hyoubu
    Inferno Cop (so stupid its kind of ok >_<)
    Senyuu

shitty stuff [<4]
    Ishida to Asakura
    Ai Mai Mi
    Amnesia
    Mangirl
    Yama no Susume
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Jan 16, 2013 8:02 AM

onedaysnotice said:
    ...d- did you just compare osaka okan to bakemonogatari?

my bad, I mean Sasami-san@

Jan 16, 2013 11:33 AM

The only thing I'm bothering to watch is Haganai 2 and Kotoura-san.

Jan 16, 2013 11:50 AM

Sasami-san, and Tamako Market both were surprisingly fun. I plan to start Kotura-san thanks to this thread.

Maoyuu is meh. I like some of it, don't like some of it. Main girls boobies bother me. I can't take her seriously when I wish I could.

Chihayafuru is more Chihayafuru. I think it's pretty decent.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]