Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 11, 2013 9:24 AM

Let me explain myself. Around episode 3 or 4 (I beleive), when Rikka's sister is introduced to us, recall the scene where she is shown holding the ladle when chasing after Rikka. Then a bit of what followed after that as well.

The first thing that came to mind when seeing this is that Rikka used her Chuunibyou as a way to deal not with the death of her father (didn't know abotu it then), but to deal with the physical abuse from her sister/parents (so I thought).

Did anybody else think this at all?

Jan 11, 2013 3:32 PM
No. I didn't think the show was going to be about child absue.

Jan 11, 2013 3:49 PM

Z-flame said:
No. I didn't think the show was going to be about child absue.

My mistake on spelling.

Jan 11, 2013 3:56 PM

What the fuck, how did you get that out of this?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 11, 2013 3:57 PM
Where did you get child abuse?...

Jan 11, 2013 3:58 PM

No certainly didn't think of that.

Jan 11, 2013 3:58 PM

lol I didn't think it would be that, but I did wonder what in the hell was wrong with her.

Jan 11, 2013 4:11 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
What the fuck, how did you get that out of this?

Just the way it was presented at first. It didn't last long. As soon as Rikka's sister began talking about "how long would she keep up the charade, etc.", I understood it wasn't waht I thought. But when seeing her sister chase after her with a ladle in hand tied along with the scene, etc, the first that came to mind for me is that Rikka was beat by whoever her guardian was.

Jan 12, 2013 10:07 AM

I thought something was up by the time it showed her bandages, and how the house had lots of unwashed plates.
Shoot first, think never.

Jan 19, 2013 2:20 PM

Asukafag said:
Let me explain myself. Around episode 3 or 4 (I beleive), when Rikka's sister is introduced to us, recall the scene where she is shown holding the ladle when chasing after Rikka. Then a bit of what followed after that as well.

The first thing that came to mind when seeing this is that Rikka used her Chuunibyou as a way to deal not with the death of her father (didn't know abotu it then), but to deal with the physical abuse from her sister/parents (so I thought).

Did anybody else think this at all?

I hought so too. Everybody is just being very violent, and only towards rikka.... itțs not like i mind child abuse in anime anyway, but i thought was weird how itw as made to be funny, yet i just thought it was kinda inappropriate to laugh

Jan 19, 2013 5:46 PM

nope, never assumed there would be any child abuse affiliated with this series lol.