Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Chihayafuru 2 Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 10, 2013 5:11 PM

I'm guessing that the guy who joined the club will be strong as Chihaya.

Great first episode, the art is fascinating and OP & ED is great.

5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 8, 2013 9:33 PM

Seems ok, but so far it's off to a rocky start, not really caring for the generic character-types, but it's to be expected from the first episode

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Sep 14, 2013 5:42 AM

Agh Taichi why you so perfect.

Dec 2, 2013 9:02 PM

This show is just too good.

Taichi is one of the best leads in a series! His character is so well written and hes such a complex character!

Jan 18, 2014 10:36 PM

Nice episode! It looks like season 2 has begun with a good start!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"

May 16, 2014 6:44 AM

5/5

Today is finally the big day for this anime series, I also waited enough.
The return must say it is quite painless, I find the same atmosphere and the same characters as before, not only picks up where you left off, but immediately goes on with the storyline.
Chihaya starts to feel that the group is not all roses, is that there are different priority by all, but without the problems she faced in her own way. With an original timing.
Drawings and animations identical to the past, perhaps the Madhouse should, however, improve the quality of the designs.
The final part is so romantic that I seemed to melt, feeling the dialogues of Taichi, not bad ones Sumire.
For now, the rating I give the anime is 7/10!

May 17, 2014 8:38 AM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

I like the first OP and ED of Chihayafuru a bit more.

Only 1 guy from like the 22 or so who joined the club, the rest were girls. He seems like he might stay in the club.

Sumire was a bit annoying but she's quite interesting.

LOL at Chihaya, come on go easy on the first years. 3 vs 1 handicap match and Chihaya is going CHIHAYA MODE on the 3 girls at the end.

Nov 21, 2014 4:29 AM

Sumire is kinda annoying. Love the new OP and ED (beautiful).

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki

Feb 6, 2015 8:36 AM

The club grows in size + some love triangle - decent start of a new season.

berserk-chan said:
Taichi and Sumire = love? Noooo, please don't do this! This way Chihaya will certainly be with Arata and that's almost like a spoiler in the 1st episode.

Not really a spoiler. Doesn't anime isn't about shipping, it doesn't even have a romance tag.

Oct 19, 2015 11:25 PM

The freshmen clearly didn't give a dam about Karuta so I can see why no one else really gave a dam about them lol.

Nov 7, 2015 6:06 PM

Do we really have to go through that members bullshit again? Jeez...

Nov 8, 2015 9:00 AM
I think first few episodes will be introductory episodes of new members. I don't like Sumure particularly but not bad though. And once again Arata and his accent are missing. Hope we will be able to see him in near future.

Jan 3, 2016 2:51 PM

Senpai will never notice you. :< TAICHI.

Jan 4, 2016 4:00 PM

This thread still going on in 2016 !!
This anime is quite the thrill

Jan 29, 2016 6:35 PM

Chihayafuru .. SEASON 2 , Second Year <3 !!! KARUTA is the SPIRIT .
New OPs rocks as always ~ !! The club itself is promising .
It's not that it's complicated but it relies on what can you do to make it easy .
Plus , You cannot expect everyone , at the very least , be competitive too .
VERY Great Episode ~ !!! Well , Josei much and priorities .
Too Sensitive , Too hopeful . Don't dream to high girl ~ .
Ayase hasn't grown up but .. she changed a bit ~ . Taichi is cool as ever ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 29, 2016 8:41 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Already dislike Sumire,unfortunately she's here to stay.

Oct 26, 2016 2:23 PM

It was so funny when Chihaya explained... I am the Ace

Dec 26, 2016 6:34 AM

Great start, nice to see the gang again, new girl is also interesting.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Mar 21, 2017 2:51 AM

I was kinda expecting that all new members are girls that only want Taichi as boyfriend
But that was really many of them
Well they'll start dropping like flies though

She's way too greedy, far more greedy than season 1
But that what makes her so special :D

Bullying her Kouhai? xD
"Signature removed"

Apr 23, 2017 8:40 AM

Sumire is a bit annoying, but if she manages to get Taichi off Chiha's back I will be happy.

Jul 11, 2017 11:14 PM

The first episode is the one episode where they try their hardest to hook into a viewer and convince them that it is worth pursuing.

A lot of low funded anime series will have a drop in animation quality, and plot progression afterwards, not out of laziness but because they hyped it and were 'disingenuous' from the start.

Sometimes the first episode is the perfect demonstration of what the rest of the show will be like e.g. Cowboy Bebop.

However... for a highly popular series like Chiharafuru with decent volume sales, the first episode more likely than not is more accurate in my opinion.

I can tell, the second season will be diving deep into josei romance, I can't say I am very pleased with that. But I will still finish the series as I like watching the characters develop their Karuta and I am interested in seeing Arata and Taichi fight it out in the finals tournament. I am going to assume they will meet there, there is no better place.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.

Sep 1, 2017 5:35 PM

Great start,the recruiting was a huge success. And Chihaya has ambitious goals for this new year.

I'm also really interested to see what kind of development Sumire will go through.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Nov 17, 2017 7:01 PM

So happy to start in on the second season of this show and see it get off to a strong start. Sumire seems like she will be a fun addition to the group eso as a foil for Chihaya in terms of Taichi's affections. Loved seeing everyone falling in love with Chihaya at the assembly - until she opens her mouth haha.

Dec 11, 2017 1:36 AM

Great episode ! I love the way Chihaya persuades her juniors to join her club . Chihaya is not greedy ,she is just too ambitious. Kana chan is showing good leadership , and I love Sumire’s character.

Sep 30, 2018 4:20 AM

It was clear to us from the start, but damn did it become really clear to Sumire the distance between her and Taichi. Ouch...

Refreshing to see the new batch of first years, it's clear most of them will be kicked out. I wonder if the club will face any repercussions for only having 2 new members.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Feb 4, 7:00 PM
Aah I expected the first episode to not be very good, but surprisingly it was above average! Great episode, a little love competition :D

Apr 30, 9:44 PM

Time to start the second season of this very good anime in preparation for the third season coming this fall.

Aug 5, 2:01 PM

Chihaya has some extreme ambitions. I can't imagine that they'll all even possible...

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

Preview MangaManga Store