Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 13, 2013 1:31 PM

Jul 2012
I really like this show. I only watched the first episode of spice and wolf and didn't like it back then but maybe after this one I give it another chance.

Why is the ED so amazing?
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 13, 2013 5:20 PM
Jul 2009
Having taken AP Euro I'm having a bit of trouble getting into this series. I liked the first episode, but with the talk of serfs and females dominating roles (during THIS time period of all time periods) is a bit unsettling. I just can't get this idea out of my head.

I know this world is different from our world, but, given they mention serfs of all things, it feels like they're trying to make it be exactly like our world -just add dragons and demons and sh*t.

Anybody else with a historical background feel like this?
Jan 13, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2011
This episode was much better than the first episode, and it definitely didn't feel as "cheap" (Though that's not fair to say to an intro, sometimes it's necessary to catch the viewers).

The sceneries, and villages are a pleasure to see, which is one reason why I love this era so much ^^.

I'm liking the Head Maid, and the 2 new recruits already too. Those scenes were handled nicely.

The development of Romance in this is really quick, which is good since it'll save a lot of minutes. The fireplace scene and the walk in the rain were really nice.

Oh yeah, Maou-Sensei FTW! I was actually paying attention to her class enthusiastically and learned something ^^. (LoL at the passionate guy who kept standing up). I wonder what Maou showed Yuusha in the bag at the end there.

5/5, Really craving the rest! (been a while since I had this feeling, this might be one of my multi re-watch anime at this rate). Looks like Sawashiro Miyuki is up next too :)
Jan 13, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
Orsonius said:
Why is the ED so amazing?

Ever heard of the band Sigur Ros? Or the vocalist Jonsi? Try listening to their music, it'll give you goosebumps :D
Jan 13, 2013 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode, seriously loving Maoyu at the moment. I just can't get enough how lovey-dovey Maou and Yuusha are. They're such a pure couple. I simply love those moments when they're alone. :D
The Head Maid is an awesome character for allowing the 2 runaway serfs to become maids.

Dammit I can't get enough of the OP and ED!
Jan 13, 2013 9:58 PM

Oct 2008
while watching at the middle of Episode 2, I think I heard a prominent voice (the-slave-to-be-a-maid)...OMG! its Tomatsu Haruka again! weeee!! ^_^

Jan 13, 2013 10:22 PM

Apr 2012
So far it's looking good, a little slow I suppose but that's to be expected of the first few episodes. Although it is mild cause for concern, it's only gonna be 13 episodes so they better pick up some speed if they want to get anywhere, unless they're planning another season, which at this point is being too hopeful.

One thing I'd like to mention is how the maid managed to turn of my infamous "character hate motor," she definitely got it started quite fast when she was being a bitch to the two girls and trust me, when my hate motor targets a character almost anything that character does has no hope of shutting it down, but not only did the maid manage to shut it down, she did it in like 3-5 minutes. That's gotta break some kind of universal law so a round of applause to her.
Jan 14, 2013 12:51 AM

Oct 2011
man really? crop rotation? what is this? Agricultural revolution?

I love how they set the setting with the maid and serf interactions. By the way the 2 serfs said "make us human", it really nailed down the idea of the lack of social mobility and a somewhat more believable aura of the 1700s.

Oh, and I cannot, I repeat, CANNOT get over how good the waterpaint styled backgrounds are.
SOOO PRETTYY!
DemigodrickliJan 14, 2013 1:02 AM
Hello :D
Jan 14, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2007
Kakkoi-Kun said:
Having taken AP Euro I'm having a bit of trouble getting into this series. I liked the first episode, but with the talk of serfs and females dominating roles (during THIS time period of all time periods) is a bit unsettling. I just can't get this idea out of my head.

I know this world is different from our world, but, given they mention serfs of all things, it feels like they're trying to make it be exactly like our world -just add dragons and demons and sh*t.

Anybody else with a historical background feel like this?

It does not feel like our world, there are far too many differences - the population is too big for example for the society to work as our world. There ARE elements similar to our world(crusades, etc), but it feels significantly different in its set-up.

Also female-domination? Not seeing it. You have one queen(which is quite a common sight and you had quite a few historical figures who ruled without the influence of a man by their side, not to mention that Demon World seems to be a bit more advanced), you have supposed knight from the op(which is not unusual since crusades and religion can have that happen, example: Joan of Arc) and you have a maid(serving role), all the other figures of power so far have been firmly male
Jan 14, 2013 7:32 AM

May 2010
That moment when they were going to kiss was the cutest...
Jan 14, 2013 9:41 AM

Jun 2007
Nice episode. I assume the 'secret weapon' is actually that lamp that shows people's thoughts. Considering the kind of students Maou has, it would be way easier to show them the true meaning of war instead of tell them about it.
Jan 14, 2013 1:03 PM

Jun 2008
I found this episode better than the first one. It was kind of interesting seeing them analyze things.
From how is a warrior suppose to live in times of peace to how people are affected by status to the ways of education etc.
Jan 15, 2013 8:58 AM
Nov 2008
Just a quick tip: If you guys find the episode boring, slow-paced or whatever. It's gonna stay like that, If you are expecting alot of action, be prepared to be disappointed.

As someone already pointed out, this anime is about Macroeconomics and politics, it has some action scenes, but it's not the main point.

Well, it's going 1-2 chapter per episode as I see this, but I can understand, this anime is one that can't be rushed, if you rush it's just gonna lose it's charm about explaining everything, so it's better this way, but I don't know where the anime is gonna end, the opening has scenes from chapter 21-22, but I don't think they can rush to these chapters, they are going to lose alot of content if they try to rush it, and so, the charm, I'm very interested where this will lead to.
Jan 15, 2013 10:55 AM

Nov 2012
So can we all agree, the ED is best for the season???

Damn, whilst the anime may not be full of action, why am I loving this so much. It basically comes down to me having the best 20 mins for the day sometimes. I'm absolutely loving everything about this anime. I really hope they continue on with the way it is going.

A few people posted that this anime is like S&W, I haven't seen that one yet..., but is it any good like this??? If it is, I'm gonna start it now lol.
Jan 15, 2013 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
This show is really much better than I expected. I disliked the maid at first, but not anymore. She's very strict and old-fashioned, but good at heart.

Nice to have those two maids on board, the older one is beautiful and the kid is cute!

Jan 15, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
So.. The hero and the demon lord have no names.. WHY!?
Jan 15, 2013 2:24 PM

Nov 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
This show is really much better than I expected. I disliked the maid at first, but not anymore. She's very strict and old-fashioned, but good at heart.

Nice to have those two maids on board, the older one is beautiful and the kid is cute!

At first I was irritated with the way she was talking about the 2 girls. I was literally at the point of going to fast forward from seeing her on screen...., but then she said that one line and won me over. She wasn't just saying all those cruel things to be mean but she was just saying those things to make the older girl realize she has the power to do what she wants and not have to beg others. The maid just has a hard time expressing she really wanted to save the girls.
Jan 15, 2013 7:44 PM
Nov 2008
crockmez said:
So.. The hero and the demon lord have no names.. WHY!?

No one in the show have names.
Jan 15, 2013 10:00 PM
Jan 2013
Sii_Kei said:
Nice episode. I assume the 'secret weapon' is actually that lamp that shows people's thoughts. Considering the kind of students Maou has, it would be way easier to show them the true meaning of war instead of tell them about it.

This anime made me laugh and the almost kiss scene was nice.
According to the light novel translation, the secret weapon from the Maou is
Jan 16, 2013 3:34 AM
May 2010
Despite the medieval fantasy theme, it doesn't really focus on action but instead on the economic and politic stuff (if there's any).

Still, I actually like this kind of stuff not to mention the romance between Maou & Yushaa is very cute to watch. Best couple of the season?
Jan 16, 2013 11:36 AM
Feb 2012
And another good episode. Keep at it, Maoyuu.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 16, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
I don't really like this show, the childish storytelling, the generic character and the stupid teenager romance are just too much for me. It doesn't help that the show fails from time to time when it actually tries to be taken seriously.
Jan 16, 2013 12:37 PM
Sep 2012
an enjoyable episode, did not expect this show to be so good.
Jan 16, 2013 4:03 PM

Mar 2011
Now a lot of people are comparing this to Spice and Wolf, which I haven't seen as I'm having difficulty getting hold of series 1 (and I dont want to watch S2 until I have) so I'm going into this blind. Although I have read a bit of the manga! (of S&W)

However, I'm really enjoying the series. The setting and style is pleasant and the plot is very intriguing! I look forward to this more than I do other titles this season and I have high hopes for how this plays out!

Awesome!
Jan 17, 2013 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
the plot.. feels something will happen big lol

my favorite quote from this episode: "no one in this world dislikes maid" lol
Jan 18, 2013 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
Haha this is EXACTLY what we learned in European history class!!!
Jan 19, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2012
nice ep.
Jan 19, 2013 1:45 PM
Mar 2012
school taught US history & missed most of European timelines & agriculture. Besides Discovery mentioning crop rotation, why the 4 field system was better than 3 is new to me.
Maou's right in that some effect can be seen in 1 year, since all 4 crops are grown in 4 separate fields each year, so each crop's effect on the soil can be inspected (pH meter?). But maybe Maou's agriculture-gadget can shrink the full 4 year cycle shorter.

The noble disciple voiced by Kaji Yuki, so many prominent voices as side characters here.

Maou reminds me of doraemon...
Jan 20, 2013 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was really interesting in reminding me of the farming methods I was taught around in general. Indeed cycles are quite important in farming.

About the kids, quite scared in the following,

They were but it’s no surprise. Their families got killed due to being suspected of being sick and spreading the disease so they had to be stopped and their place burned down before the fear they could spread sickness instated itself upon the village.

In doing so they killed most likely innocent people. Moreover the kids were most likely abused at least physically. In those days pedophilia was insane with abuses going around like wild fire and pregnancy suddenly happening.

These were truly the evil times where lots was labelled as evil and most of all kids were badly abused and sexual deviations ran rampant. Since there was little to care socially and even less psychology to help out these people, deviance were out of control often.

About the references, quite interesting this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifolium_repens
For there really is a plant difference with them and when compared to other species there is a difference really.
Yumekichi11Jan 20, 2013 11:48 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 20, 2013 5:41 AM

Sep 2012
I think this episode was decent.
The near kiss scene was a little predictable, but I'm enjoying their growing relationship.
I'm not sure I like the maid however...
Jan 20, 2013 11:38 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of characters introduced, yet they have no proper names lol. That will be really weird after this.

Really heartwarming ep.
Jan 21, 2013 9:31 AM
Jan 2010
I'm not really convinced she's a demon, to be honest.
Jan 22, 2013 7:02 AM

Jun 2012
The episode was decent overall but I just don't know if I'm going to continue much further with the story unless the pace picks up a bit. But that's just personal preference nothing wrong with the show.
Jan 22, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
A little better than the last episode, but the romance still feels really forced.
Jan 27, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I really like the Head Maid XD She's so awesome :3 Especially when she gave the two sisters a choice and helped them anyway ... I don't even know how to explain it but that scene was epic XD
Interesting how the Demon King is lecturing everyone on war and economics and such ... very interesting. Also about rotating the fields so that they stay fertile ... I've learned about that stuff! Nice to see that kind of thing put to use I guess XD
I wonder what's in that "box"? Plus one of the Hero's old companions makes an appearance ... awesome! ;P
Jan 27, 2013 10:51 PM
Dec 2011
That laugh at the very end.. I can't decide if it was creepy, or what.
Feb 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2008
I like the parallelism between their world and ours, the crusades, war and its economics, etc. Now it's also reminding me of [C].
Feb 22, 2013 6:01 PM

May 2012
The maid seems like a bitch to me.
Feb 28, 2013 10:32 AM
Oct 2012
Oh, but that's because you can't see the kindness in such cruelty. In the she helped them and taught them a valuable lesson. You decide how you live your life with your own hands, not by climbing on top of people.
Mar 13, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't really like the first episode because it looked like fan service and cuteness all over the place. I've heard about how good this got later on and this did really surprise me in a positive way.
I'm not such a fan of the OP but the ED is great imo.
I'm looking forward to more, this was very relaxing and interesting at the same time.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 23, 2013 10:51 PM

Sep 2012
ONE!!, i freaking love the opening and ending for this series,

TWO!!!the little maid is sooooo cute, OMG OMG OMG
doo want, fan art all over that little cute loli,hahaщ(ಥДಥщ)
Mar 25, 2013 7:16 PM

Oct 2012
Well, now I know what there are boobies as one character - it's because those economics theories and informations are easier to comprehend when you are watching something you enjoy. This anime is educational in a way.

But it's working well - at least for me. Let's see if they can pull off a lot bigger plot.
Mar 29, 2013 8:06 PM

Jun 2011
Cute relationship they have <3 Aww
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 2, 2013 3:46 AM

Dec 2012
Lol at the brow pinch. The serf was about to get emotional about "who are starving" and Maou was head-down thinking "you're never going to understand politics or conceal your identity of runaway serfs with that attitude. *sigh* i forget good people can sometimes be stupid people" XD
Apr 8, 2013 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh the maid is so mean.. but awesome XD
Apr 14, 2013 4:59 PM
Feb 2013
Just episode 2 but already love the plot. Though I do realize it's just episode 2 and the plot is already that far within 2 episodes. Anything other than that though, this anime is awesome XP
Apr 21, 2013 3:32 PM
Nov 2011
you kind of feel eventually the blonde is going to figure it out.... might be fun.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 22, 2013 6:34 AM

Sep 2011
This anime is so damn refreshing!
May 19, 2013 2:11 AM

Feb 2012
What's in the box?
May 24, 2013 7:40 AM

May 2012
Quite love the development of the characters and especially loved what they did with those 2 run away girls! That little one in a maid costume is so kawaii :3

The near kiss and resting on her lap was quite nice to see, I do hope they add some proper development with both of them in the development of the story!

The ending was quite interesting, lets see what's in that chest!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.