Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2008 5:49 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, no one watched this one RAW either. Really nice episode although Ouri is perverted like his brother even in clumsy situation.

Finally we know about the cat! It was a cat Ouri took care of when he was a small kid. The cat then
Then the cat back as a familiar ghost that helps Ouri for taking care of it! That is almost like Kanon 2006 but in a darker setup. The cat must be special: has multiple golden eyes around it when using its powers.

I am happy to bring you Great News specially to Richard_Omega, Ouri becomes a priest like Keisei! Proof although they do not say it too much nor show much:

please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 27, 2008 5:16 PM

May 2008
Nice wher ya watch it? I can't findz itz
Nov 27, 2008 8:42 PM

Nov 2008
Slayer12 said:
Nice wher ya watch it? I can't findz itz

Very nice please enjoy it and think also of Minei! MINEI! :( :( Even when they are Shikabane this anime makes you think that they are still somehow humans wanting to go to heavens. Somehow kind of feeling they want us to think of.

I have been going around this place and others I do not know:
http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=173662
Dec 19, 2008 10:24 AM

Feb 2008
great ep. not much in substance, but it was good for sort of information/cool down episode. considering all that happened earlier, this gave people a chance to think about whats been going on.
Dec 19, 2008 11:06 AM
Apr 2008
Well we finnaly learned about the cat. That was probably the only good thing that I think happened in this epiode. O ther than that I thought it was really boring and felt like a filler episode.
Dec 19, 2008 5:41 PM

Dec 2007
We get to know more things - good
Multi eyed kitty is freaky....

you can watch the FUNimation subbed episodes on HULU all for free.....
Dec 19, 2008 10:02 PM

Sep 2007
Think the cat might be a shikabane?
Dec 20, 2008 12:23 AM
Nov 2008
Actually, I like this episode the best of out the recent few.. Now at least we get to know more about Ouri's past and his relationship with the cat. This got me really interested in the series more than ever.
Usually I'll skip the ED and watch the preview, but I happened to watch through the ED and boy, I was pretty surprised to see Ouri in that outfit! Now I guess the new season's gonna be centered on him being a Contract Prist...
Kazugi said:

Not every one here lives in U.S, you know. We have to find all ways and means to catch the RAWs, and its licensing makes it harder..
Dec 20, 2008 12:28 AM

Nov 2008
cerulean18 said:
Actually, I like this episode the best of out the recent few.. Now at least we get to know more about Ouri's past and his relationship with the cat. This got me really interested in the series more than ever.
Usually I'll skip the ED and watch the preview, but I happened to watch through the ED and boy, I was pretty surprised to see Ouri in that outfit! Now I guess the new season's gonna be centered on him being a Contract Prist...
Kazugi said:

Not every one here lives in U.S, you know. We have to find all ways and means to catch the RAWs, and its licensing makes it harder..

I find it strange he cries though. T_T could it be that Keisei never survives?
Dec 20, 2008 1:37 AM
Nov 2008
^ Well, we did see him cry a couple of times so far... I guess it's highly likely that something really bad happened to Keisei or someone else he cares for (Makina??). What I find to be more unbelievable is what made him want to become a Contact Priest (despite knowing all the risks involved)??
cerulean18Dec 20, 2008 5:37 AM
Dec 20, 2008 9:28 AM

Sep 2008
cerulean18 said:

But youtube version works, and the quality is pretty good, all that should be done is to find this episode in the youtube search engine and chose from the list (video chosen from the funimation profile not works on my pc).

I liked this episode, not something special, but quite interesting - black cat's case (fact, that Makina doesn't see anything wrong with it also), and priest - Ouri photo especially.
Dec 20, 2008 3:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
At least Ouri and Makina's relationship got better...

And Ouri as a priest looks really badass....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 21, 2008 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
This was a very tragic episode in all forms. That poor cat. Wah! And now the ghost seems to be following him, and apparently Makina can see it too. Weird. But I guess it's not really all that strange considering she's dead too. And Breast Goddess? Um, okay. Interesting character I suppose. Kind of hoping that's the last we see of her. The ending credits with Ouri as a monk threw me off guard.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 22, 2008 12:16 AM

Oct 2007
Ouri took a level up in badass with the priest cloaks. I think they modified the chapter in the manga a bit but w/e.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 22, 2008 6:19 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Decent episode, liked the background story.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 22, 2008 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
Terrible episode. While super boring, we did get a few answers to questions regarding Oori, but the second they answered a question, they totally contradicted it in the next scene. Oori is the only one who can see the cat? Nope, Makina can too. Oori is different, he can't forget about death? Nope, he forgot about the cat dying pretty soon after the fact. Obviously the cat means that there is a connection between Makina and Oori that we don't know about. Yet another convetion to add to the list. 2/5 for me.
Dec 22, 2008 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
Hm... the episode was okay.
Some information about Oori's past and some funny parts... yeah that's it.

Dec 22, 2008 12:31 PM
Mar 2008
Awesome, more background on Oori. Liked how Tits Magee ran away floppingly.
Dec 22, 2008 2:16 PM
Dec 2007
It was a great flashbak/background episode with a nice back story too, and great developments as far as scenario and characters are concerned. When you see an episode such as this one, you understand why Shikabane Hime is probably the best shonen series of the year and how good GAINAX can be, even when they're doing a co-production.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 22, 2008 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
Terrible episode. While super boring, we did get a few answers to questions regarding Oori, but the second they answered a question, they totally contradicted it in the next scene. Oori is the only one who can see the cat? Nope, Makina can too. Oori is different, he can't forget about death? Nope, he forgot about the cat dying pretty soon after the fact. Obviously the cat means that there is a connection between Makina and Oori that we don't know about. Yet another convetion to add to the list. 2/5 for me.

Again I must disagree with you...

I don't think you need to be ubber intelligent to see that the cat is now a shikabane and has the power to cloack himself from living human, except other shikabane, hence that's why Makina can see it. I think I remember the cat being see by an ennemie shikabane in the few first episode.

He haven't forgot about the cat since he remembered about it when he was washing the dishes and broke one because he was lost thinking about it.

If you don't read between the line it's normal you won't understand anything, I found this episode pretty much helpfull to confirm some theorie and nothing contradicted itself.

Imo Shikabane hime is probably one of the best show this season even tough the comedie is kinda unwanted, as well as the big breast girl who was useless. I give this ep a 5/5 because it helped me to confirm some thing. Without being biased I guess I would had give it a 4/5
Dec 22, 2008 8:45 PM

Aug 2007
The traitor monk also seen the cat. I kinda want to know more about Ouri before he was found now. They answered some questions but just gave me more lol.

Dec 23, 2008 4:14 PM

Jan 2008
Just who is that damn cat. Boobs...
Dec 23, 2008 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
hehee nice, suddenly grabbing a girl's boobs.

its not certain that the cat is a corpse though. it could just be a spirit, or some form that is related to him in some way. also the cat asked him if hes forgotten about them, whomever they might be. tis possible that Oori is already dead, or isn't human.
Dec 23, 2008 8:49 PM

Jun 2007
That cat continuously says Ouri can see him because he is him. I'm guessing Ouri formed a contract with the cat unknowingly before the priest showed up. Should be interesting to see what role the cat plays now. It's clear the cat cant stand the traitor monk so who knows if Ouri will form a second contract with another corpse. It would be ironic if the boob queen died and became his Shikabane Hime.
Dec 24, 2008 8:43 PM
Jun 2007
4 episodes left GAINAX. I do hope the studio manages to salvage an otherwise mediocre and incredibly disappointing project. overall, the series got a lot of hype from me after GAINAX's hot streak (FLCL, Diebuster and of course TTGL).
Dec 26, 2008 10:58 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode we get to know more about that cat and Ouri.
Dec 27, 2008 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
though previous episode was better, this one also ok, but those sharp shots at the ending make me want to see the next one so badly.
by the way, they finally animated something from the first volume.
maybe should find some raws, or wait till next ep got subbed.
Dec 29, 2008 2:52 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode, the images of Ouri in the ED make me want to watch the next episode badly... at least in this show there is some character development.
Shame that FUNimation is doing everything to prevent people outside the US to watch this.
Jan 3, 2009 5:09 PM
Oct 2007
why did they suddenly want to follow the manga

umm
Jan 3, 2009 9:09 PM

May 2007
THEY EXPLAINED THE CAT

That had been bothering me.

I didn't like the first part of this episode, but when we got our focus back on Ouri the episode picked up. I am really glad I didn't drop this show, a fact that is all thanks to Funimation and my wanting to support their idea.
My anime list
Feb 15, 2009 8:25 AM

Oct 2008
Ouri is such an embarrassment..

Dec 4, 2010 6:49 PM
Apr 2010
"Wait you can see it" then he changes the subject instantly...ya this series makes no sence at all.
not to mention that random girl.not even knowing what kind of relationship they shared,butting in and saying she's better than him for her...lmao
Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 26, 2011 7:21 AM

Dec 2008
I am still upset over Minai's death. I really liked her.
It appears that Makina is going to be little kinder to Oori now that she's learned a little of his background.
I hope Nozomi Kasuga doesn't stick around. I can tell she's going to be quite annoying.
Mar 28, 2011 11:02 AM

Aug 2009
Mmm, this show is slowly getting better. It's a bit late though.
May 6, 2012 11:13 PM

Sep 2011
Nice background story on the cat.
Jul 1, 2012 7:55 AM

Jan 2012
finally something about Ouri's past..
May 15, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Avarice said:
4 episodes left GAINAX. I do hope the studio manages to salvage an otherwise mediocre and incredibly disappointing project. overall, the series got a lot of hype from me after GAINAX's hot streak (FLCL, Diebuster and of course TTGL).
Umm no... At least it's better than the other mediocre shows by other studios.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 21, 2013 6:54 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
What a huge spoiler to the ending animation. Our's outfit wow, hope I see what he changed since.
Finally they explained about the cat. Interesting how that cat, and Ouri did at the past.
4/5
Mar 2, 2014 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
So the cat was Ouri's dead cat or at least a representation of it. But what exactly is it O__o Are there uh...shikabane neko?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 1, 2014 8:13 PM
Mar 2013
What's going with that random school girl though. She didn't really add much to the episode to be honest.

I'm glad we finally get some info on that cat though. Finally, after 70% of the season is over. I'm still curious about it's connection with Ouri. I haven't forgotten that the Betrayer Priest could also see and interact with the cat as well.
Nov 4, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2014
...dafuq is up with the boob queen
Jan 14, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2014
Kira01 said:
Ouri is such an embarrassment..

he doesn't know they are monks. He thinks they're regular humans, so he doesn't suspect them.

Apr 12, 2015 12:08 AM
Jun 2013
wow a giant money monster. You would think he would use that to his advantage. Also was that chicks eyes weirdly drawn. Why not tell ouri that shes really dead. wow this chick really has a thing for makina. im guessing ouri has some dark past cause the dead eyes,but dam why did his cat have to die. so im guessing the cat is somehow apart of him. so wheres there any point to the big booby girl?
Apr 11, 2016 2:51 AM

Dec 2014
finally the gun is Reloaded for the first time...and some info on cat

now I am at peace...

Aug 5, 2017 9:45 PM

May 2015
Want to know the real identity if Kuroneko...?

Angra-Mainyu said:
that random girl.not even knowing what kind of relationship they shared,butting in and saying she's better than him for her...lmao[/size]
I can understand admiration in a short span of interaction but Nozomi is acting like a crazy girl here and by her reactions she like is in love with Makina...? WTF!? At least try to bond a little more before acting that way... *Sigh*

LegendGoldDark said:
What a huge spoiler to the ending animation.
This...

Oct 2, 2017 9:32 PM

Nov 2014
So she regenerates limbs hmm that is interesting, also this one chick got shot down so sucks to be her cause her ship sunk before it could sail
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Mar 27, 2018 11:37 AM

May 2016
So Ouri will become a monk yay finally I been waiting for this, it was teased in the ED if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Apr 23, 2023 4:33 PM
Jul 2022
This episode was great

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Dec 25, 2008

56 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Feb 4, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

49 by Aldones »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Poll: » Subbed or Dubbed?

GrayZStars - Oct 31, 2022

3 by Spaded_Ace »»
Oct 31, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 15, 2008

51 by deftdraft »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:59 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ziploc - Oct 2, 2008

117 by Ronninn »»
May 9, 2022 5:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.