Forum Settings
Forums

is it lame for guys to cry in front of girls?

New
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2013 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
kano95 said:
depend on the situation i guess...but for me its pretty lame i guess
Sometimes it's good to guess.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 10, 2013 8:19 PM
May 2012
I like guys that express their emotions.

It might be annoying if they cry ALL the time, but it's also annoying when guys try to act tough and pretend they don't care.
Jan 10, 2013 8:49 PM

Apr 2012
Depends on what you are crying about.
-Crying about a true tragedy...acceptable
-Crying about Clannad... no...just no...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 10, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
-Miyu- said:
I like guys that express their emotions.

It might be annoying if they cry ALL the time, but it's also annoying when guys try to act tough and pretend they don't care.

What if they're tsundere?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 10, 2013 10:47 PM

Oct 2012
Hyack said:
Depends on the situation.

This. If you crying because a family member passed away, then let it out. But if you're crying because you stubbed your toe... dude
Jan 10, 2013 11:05 PM
Oct 2008
I don't mind a man crying if there is a good reason. But people who cry over every little thing (male or female) annoy me.
Jan 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
BloodRequiem said:

Dont read my earlier posts.

Im a Devil's advocate. Its just too fun.
Running on borrowed time.

Jan 10, 2013 11:20 PM

Oct 2012
BloodRequiem said:
But Clannad is a true tragedy...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 11, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
Danielcook said:
I have heard a lot of girls say they think a guy is the "cute" when they cry in front of them. The girls say is because the guy is showing them a feminine side of them which makes it cute.
Thoughts?

They say one thing and do another. Unless somebody died, don't cry in front of a girl. They will lose respect for you.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jan 11, 2013 12:06 AM

Aug 2011
Unless its really really really sad...*insert homeless kitty meme*
kek
Jan 11, 2013 12:12 AM

Jun 2008
Girls as the above poster said love to screw with you and confuse you with the shit they are saying. No they don't prefer men that are sentimental and cry and show their feminine side, they might think it's cute but only as a pet kind of thing. If you do such things before you even establish an erotic relationship you are gonna get friend-zoned for just being cute and not someone who can fuck their brains out like they really want.

Of course that doesn't mean you can never cry and shit just don't cry over easy stuff. If your friend or relative died and you want to cry do it(not making sounds though like a little housewife that lost her husband) but don't go crying in-frond of her because you had a small fight and you got your feelings hurt, over little sentimental presents or movies and shit.
Basically just never do anything that makes you look like a sissy.
MonadJan 11, 2013 1:06 AM
Jan 11, 2013 12:21 AM

Nov 2012
theres nothing wrong with crying, girl are emotional charactors and they want to know there not invested in a relationship with a heartless beast, they also dont want a sissy so crying under the right cercumstances is fine but dont go haveing a monthly sob fest in hopes of proving you have a 'feminine' side

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Jan 11, 2013 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
Depends on the girl and the reason he's crying.

In general, though, no, I don't think it's "lame". (although I still believe it depends on why he's crying) Not to sound like a preachy feminist - but the whole idea that "men aren't supposed to cry" is sexist, and not only towards men.
The belief that "men aren't supposed to cry" also implies that it's okay if you're a woman, because women are emotionally weak. If you instead said "women can cry because they're emotionally weaker than men", I'm sure those same women who would insist that men can't cry would throw a hissy fit.
Jan 11, 2013 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
23nv1 said:
Danielcook said:
I have heard a lot of girls say they think a guy is the "cute" when they cry in front of them. The girls say is because the guy is showing them a feminine side of them which makes it cute.
Thoughts?

They say one thing and do another. Unless somebody died, don't cry in front of a girl. They will lose respect for you.

Even then a man should do his mourning in private. People will respect you for showing strength in sad times and not burdening them with your troubles.
Jan 11, 2013 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
AnnoKano said:
Yes, it is very important to assert your masculinity in front of women at every opportunity and never show any signs of weakness.

You shed a tear in front of her once, and before you know it she'll be pegging you whilst she wears one of your business suits.

B...But...I want that to happen.
The Art of Eight
Jan 11, 2013 3:39 AM

Jul 2012
The stereotypes in this thread are mind-ripping.
Critic.
Jan 11, 2013 4:02 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
Girls as the above poster said love to screw with you and confuse you with the shit they are saying. No they don't prefer men that are sentimental and cry and show their feminine side, they might think it's cute but only as a pet kind of thing. If you do such things before you even establish an erotic relationship you are gonna get friend-zoned for just being cute and not someone who can fuck their brains out like they really want.

Of course that doesn't mean you can never cry and shit just don't cry over easy stuff. If your friend or relative died and you want to cry do it(not making sounds though like a little housewife that lost her husband) but don't go crying in-frond of her because you had a small fight and you got your feelings hurt, over little sentimental presents or movies and shit.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't think the patriarchy really exists. The irony is killing me.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jan 11, 2013 4:10 AM

Oct 2012
Niko-kun said:
The insecurity in this thread are mind-ripping.
Fixed.

OP: If you're in a situation where you're going to cry anyways, just do it, whether you're in front of a girl or not. Don't try to act like a tough guy or try to look like a sensitive emo pussy and cry in front of a girl. Just be your natural self.

If you're afraid that your natural self would look weak, then fix that. Don't put up a front and lie to yourself and the girl. She will know eventually anyways.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 11, 2013 4:26 AM

May 2010
Well, I'm a girl, and I'd probably think of it as a problem. Well, it's all depends from situation. If he cries because of bad mark, or somthing, than yeah, it's pretty lame. To be honest I don't understand girls who think that it's cute or something.
But when it comes to extreme situations, like Mufasa from Lion King dying, then manly tears are ok, I think :)
Well, still, man should protect girl, hug her or something. If he starts crying himself, it doesn't work fine, I guess.
Jan 11, 2013 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
Monad said:

You're such an expert.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2012
Are there any men here who actually go straight into a flippin sissy cry when something happens? By which I mean moaning crying and all that shiz... I think thats just over the top. I've hardly been put in the situation where I need to cry but whenever I have and I feel a tear coming I just wipe my eye before anything happens and no one finds out, yeh they may see the watery eye but thats ok :P
Jan 11, 2013 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
Hoho... I cried in front of the girl I "liked". Note: Past tense
Is it really lame? If it is... Oh! I'm lame.
Jan 11, 2013 6:18 AM

Mar 2012
sweetmilk said:

Depends on the reason, the guys who are saying its "lame" all the time etc are just plain wrong.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
NicoleB said:
sweetmilk said:

Depends on the reason, the guys who are saying its "lame" all the time etc are just plain wrong.

It's a very long story... I'll summarize it. Our conversation was talking about our past. We haven't talked for months. We had a school project and we will present a play and she was my partner. This is an opportunity to clear things up with her. She said all I did was fool her and my love for her was not real. That's when I cried in front of her and her friends.
Jan 11, 2013 6:58 AM

Jun 2012
sweetmilk said:
NicoleB said:
sweetmilk said:

It's a very long story... I'll summarize it. Our conversation was talking about our past. We haven't talked for months. We had a school project and we will present a play and she was my partner. This is an opportunity to clear things up with her. She said all I did was fool her and my love for her was not real. That's when I cried in front of her and her friends.
You fucked up. Like, fucked up pretty bad. Borderline pathetic. No, very pathetic.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 11, 2013 7:39 AM

Mar 2012
sweetmilk said:
NicoleB said:
sweetmilk said:

Mmm, I wouldn't say that was a good time to of cried in front of her, that isn't showing her she was wrong.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2009
95% of the men on this planet are assholes.

I don't give a damn if they cry or not. I don't care if they breath or not.

I just can't figure out why so many women put up with assholes so much and for so long.

Are most women secretly masochists?
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 11, 2013 7:45 AM

Mar 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:

Why do you think that? I've met quite a few horrible guys, but I've met more nice ones than not, I'm not so sure this is true.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
Lesley_Roberta said:

I just can't figure out why so many women put up with assholes so much and for so long.

That's a pretty big generalization you're making.
Jan 11, 2013 7:46 AM

Apr 2009
Boocake said:
23nv1 said:
Danielcook said:
Thoughts?

Even then a man should do his mourning in private. People will respect you for showing strength in sad times and not burdening them with your troubles.

So don't agree with this. If a guy I know won't cry while seeing his friend being lowered into the ground, I'd be pretty disappointed in the guy and wondering how much he really cared. It's silly to say that half the population, because they're guys, shouldn't mourn in public. Oh god, I'm tearing up dredging up memories right now.

Jan 11, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:

Maybe the reason most men are assholes to you is because you come off as an immature, selfish bitch.
Jan 11, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:

Because you guys want to have the assholes. I know plenty of fucking saints who have never had a girlfriend. You put yourselves through shit, and then have the audacity to generalize and call a vast majority of men assholes. Take your feminist bullshit elsewhere please.

Jan 11, 2013 7:51 AM

Oct 2009
Waffocopter said:
Boocake said:
23nv1 said:
Danielcook said:
Thoughts?

So don't agree with this. If a guy I know won't cry while seeing his friend being lowered into the ground, I'd be pretty disappointed in the guy and wondering how much he really cared. It's silly to say that half the population, because they're guys, shouldn't mourn in public. Oh god, I'm tearing up dredging up memories right now.

it is not uncommon for a man not to cry at a funeral, even if it's the funeral of someone he absolutely loved. crying or not crying has nothing to do about caring for the person.

i didnt cry at my grandfather's funeral (he was the closest person to me who has passed away so far). the last time i cried was when i was 5 years old. yet i consider myself very compassionate.

on the other hand, ive seen some screwed up, manipulative, twisted women who would cry at the drop of the pin

all that said, if a man feels like crying, i think he should cry. just do what you want

Mar 2012
Holybaptiser said:
Take your feminist bullshit elsewhere please.

None of what Lesley just said has anything to do with feminism at all...
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"

Jun 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:

Looks like we have a negative nancy here.

Mar 2012
Waffocopter said:
Boocake said:
23nv1 said:
Danielcook said:
Thoughts?

I'm with this, frankly I'd question whether or not I'd want to be with this guy in that situation.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 7:53 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

Quite aware of that. She comes off as one, so I said that. If you really want me be correct myself, "take your sexist bullshit elsewhere please."

Jan 11, 2013 7:55 AM

Mar 2012
Madeline, there is no need for that.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 7:56 AM

Mar 2012
Holybaptiser said:
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

Quite aware of that. She comes off as one, so I said that. If you really want me be correct myself, "take your sexist bullshit elsewhere please."

How does she come off as one? I regularly get called a feminist on these forums and I don't remember ever saying anything remotely similar to that
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

How does she come off as one? I regularly get called a feminist on these forums and I don't remember ever saying anything remotely similar to that
Gut feeling.

Jan 11, 2013 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
RandomChampion said:
Waffocopter said:
Boocake said:
23nv1 said:
Danielcook said:
Thoughts?

it is not uncommon for a man not to cry at a funeral, even if it's the funeral of someone he absolutely loved. crying or not crying has nothing to do about caring for the person.

i didnt cry at my grandfather's funeral (he was the closest person to me who has passed away so far). the last time i cried was when i was 5 years old. yet i consider myself very compassionate.

on the other hand, ive seen some screwed up, manipulative, twisted women who would cry at the drop of the pin

all that said, if a man feels like crying, i think he should cry. just do what you want

I agree with both of the bolded.

I didn't cry when I had to go to my Grandmother's funeral when I was 11 or so. I cared about my Grandma, but I told myself not to cry, because that was my Dad's Mother, and I was worried that letting him see me cry would make him feel worse. People have their reasons for not crying at funerals.
Jan 11, 2013 8:01 AM

Mar 2012
RandomChampion said:
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

actually, that is pretty much what feminism is at its essence.

no its not at all anything even remotely similar...
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 8:02 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
RandomChampion said:
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

+1

Jan 11, 2013 8:02 AM

Oct 2009
NicoleB said:
Waffocopter said:
Boocake said:
23nv1 said:
Danielcook said:
Thoughts?

I'm with this, frankly I'd question whether or not I'd want to be with this guy in that situation.

that's quite judgmental
Jan 11, 2013 8:03 AM

Jan 2013
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

Many people assume most feminists become feminists because they actually hate men. Also the anti-men feminists tend to be the loudest, so they seem like the majority.
Jan 11, 2013 8:04 AM
Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
Madeline, there is no need for that.

???
Jan 11, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2012
Come on guys admit it already. At first sight crying for the eyes of a girl is pretty embarrassing. Unless you best friend / family member dies
crying just is a bit whiny.
Jan 11, 2013 8:05 AM

Oct 2009
NicoleB said:
RandomChampion said:
NicoleB said:
Holybaptiser said:

lol yea i didnt mean to post that. i was going write something a bit similar but i just deleted that

what i was going to say was that feminism fights for the equal rights of women in the face of a "man's world". it can be implicated that this man's world oppresses the women "victims"

this is why many feminists are like leslie and take it to the extreme
Jan 11, 2013 8:11 AM

Jun 2012
I'm getting sick of reading this shit about people dying is the only good reason for a man to cry. There are plenty of other valid reasons. Death of a close one isn't the only thing that will emotionally wreck a guy. Women will understand it and other men will understand it, and the odds are they won't think of you as "cute" for crying, but try to sympathize with you.

Jan 11, 2013 8:15 AM

Apr 2009
Oh yeah, forgot to address in my last post that I don't think guys crying is "cute". When someone's crying, they're unhappy. I do not think someone's unhappiness is cute or adorable in any way.

Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 12 minutes ago

2 by Rhaelynne »»
2 seconds ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 4 hours ago

14 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

673 by zzz »»
1 hour ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

46 by _Nette_ »»
1 hour ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

1 by traed »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.