Forum Settings
Forums

is it lame for guys to cry in front of girls?

New
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2009
JennyEsquire said:
I haven't read most of what's been said here, but you guys just seem jelly he has two girlfriends.

Don't forget about his money, his super high IQ, his boxing ability, that he got into MIT and is cute teddy bear.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jan 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Dec 2009
Daedric said:
It all depends on what the girl is like and also what you are crying over.

nicely said. I agree to this totally.
Jan 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
Holybaptiser said:
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:
Boasting about two girlfriends has nothing to do in disproving loneliness.

Yes, you can be lonely while being in a relationship. It all depends on how the person feels in them. But if he's "boasting" about it, he must be happy and satisfied with those women, hence why it was used as a rebuttal to the accusation that he was "lonely".
Ever heard of "putting up a front?" I don't know him personally, therefore I won't try to post some makeshift psychoanalysis, but there are people out there that go around doing the exact same thing because of their inadequacies and emptiness.

Or he was just responding to the person with the truth, while simultaneously accomplishing what he somehow tends to do everywhere: Make you seem jelly.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jan 11, 2013 11:08 AM

Mar 2011
Bloodcalibur said:
e-pals? She's right next to me ;d.

Thought as much lol. I found it weird that someone leaped to your defense out of the blue.

JennyEsquire said:
I haven't read most of what's been said here, but you guys just seem jelly he has two girlfriends.

Only if they're hot. Then again, I imagine the concept is enough for some people.... plus, what Anno, said, you shouldn't forget those things either.
Jan 11, 2013 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
AnnoKano said:
JennyEsquire said:

Don't forget about his money, his super high IQ, his boxing ability, that he got into MIT and is cute teddy bear.

The teddy is cute isn't it :).

InfiniteRyvius said:
Bloodcalibur said:
e-pals? She's right next to me ;d.

Thought as much lol. I found it weird that someone leaped to your defense out of the blue.

Yeah I'll be here at her place until Feb cuz she's forcing me to go to a concert with her on the 29th of Jan (I hate concerts and never go to any, but if it makes her happy then whatever).
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Jan 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:

Yes, you can be lonely while being in a relationship. It all depends on how the person feels in them. But if he's "boasting" about it, he must be happy and satisfied with those women, hence why it was used as a rebuttal to the accusation that he was "lonely".
Ever heard of "putting up a front?" I don't know him personally, therefore I won't try to post some makeshift psychoanalysis, but there are people out there that go around doing the exact same thing because of their inadequacies and emptiness.

Or he was just responding to the person with the truth, while simultaneously accomplishing what he somehow tends to do everywhere: Make you seem jelly.
Lol, making me seem jelly and making me jelly are two different things.

I was just dumbfounded about how ignorant he was to start accusing people of e-relationships when someone said something about love to him. It only seemed like that person hit the nail right on the head for him to react that way. I may be wrong, though.

I have no idea why I got myself involved in such a trivial discussion.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 11, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2012
SEE, MEN ARE ALLOWED TO CRY HAVE CUTE THINGS, GODDAMNIT!

Look at that teddy :3

Jan 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Feb 2012
Holybaptiser said:
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:

I was just dumbfounded about how ignorant he was to start accusing people of e-relationships when someone said something about love to him. It only seemed like that person hit the nail right on the head for him to react that way. I may be wrong, though.

No, Nicole has e-relationships from what I've heard. I didn't say that because of her response. I've been on the MAL IRC a few times.

Holybaptiser said:
I have no idea why I got myself involved in such a trivial discussion.

Hint: Think harder.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Jan 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2012
What the fuck is this? I dont even.
Jan 11, 2013 11:18 AM

Jun 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
Holybaptiser said:
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:
biitchstick said:
Holybaptiser said:

No, Nicole has e-relationships from what I've heard. I didn't say that because of her response. I've been on the MAL IRC a few times.
I see.......

I don't need to think harder... the answer is sheer boredom.

Jan 11, 2013 11:30 AM

Mar 2011
Storm's over I see. That was pointless.

On topic, I rarely cry, however if I want to I will bot be deterred simply because I am in the presence of others. If something has happened that has caused me to cry, I doubt I'll give a shit about the people around me.
Jan 11, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
AnnoKano said:
And this is coming from someone who doesn't think the patriarchy really exists. The irony is killing me.

The patriarchy doesn't exist.....
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jan 11, 2013 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
On topic, I rarely cry, however if I want to I will not be deterred simply because I am in the presence of others. If something has happened that has caused me to cry, I doubt I'll give a shit about the people around me.
Exactly this.

I'm kinda mad that I missed this thread. It's been an odd couple days.
Negative-TravisJan 11, 2013 11:56 AM
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 11, 2013 12:19 PM

Nov 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:
95% of the men on this planet are assholes.

I don't give a damn if they cry or not. I don't care if they breath or not.

I just can't figure out why so many women put up with assholes so much and for so long.

Are most women secretly masochists?

Most woman believe in love and have a realistic outlook on men

hboson said:
"Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself.” - John Green

He is one of my fav authors ever, he's hilarious
sydrianJan 11, 2013 12:32 PM

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Jan 11, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
I third Infinite.

On another note, I think it's pretty childish to think of crying in terms of "cute" or "lame". It's just a way of venting emotion, and there is no right or wrong time to make use of it. If a girl thinks crying is "feminine" and feminine guys are icky, then I wouldn't be able to date her, or probably even be friends with her, anyway.
JoshJan 11, 2013 12:25 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 11, 2013 12:24 PM
Jul 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
On topic, I rarely cry, however if I want to I will not be deterred simply because I am in the presence of others. If something has happened that has caused me to cry, I doubt I'll give a shit about the people around me.

This
Jan 11, 2013 12:27 PM

Oct 2008
As mentioned, it greatly depends on the situation.

However, I'll add that the Danish Majesty, Crown Prince Frederik REALLY got street credits with the Ladies (and men too, actually...) when he cried at his own wedding.

行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Jan 11, 2013 12:49 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Crying in general is pretty lame imo.
Jan 11, 2013 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
Only beta males cry.

Take it From The Alpha Male.

Jan 11, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2012
i dont see how crying is lame, its an human nature to cry

“Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before--more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.”
― Charles Dickens,

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Jan 11, 2013 1:21 PM

Oct 2009
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

actually real alpha males do whatever the fuck they want, including crying if they want to
Jan 11, 2013 1:30 PM

Oct 2009
Kibitzer said:
RandomChampion said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

actually real alpha males do whatever the fuck they want, including crying if they want to
In celebration of this, the postal service should rename first-class mail to alpha-mail and second-class to beta-mail.

u wot m8
Jan 11, 2013 1:36 PM

Feb 2012
Kibitzer said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

>The Alpha Male
>The Al Phamale
Al Phamale is that u?

No, this is me.
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/4405_197878575423_725998_n.jpg

Jan 11, 2013 1:47 PM

Oct 2009
Bloodcalibur said:
Kibitzer said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

>The Alpha Male
>The Al Phamale
Al Phamale is that u?

No, this is me.

triceps of peace

edit: kinda. you dont look like you lift. u train for anything?
Jan 11, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
Only a beta would ever use the term "alpha male".
Jan 11, 2013 1:54 PM

Mar 2012
That picture makes every thread better.
LoneWolf said:
Jan 11, 2013 2:08 PM

Jun 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
Kibitzer said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

>The Alpha Male
>The Al Phamale
Al Phamale is that u?

No, this is me.

thems some nice triceps
but you don't even know how dank my memes are
Jan 11, 2013 2:09 PM

Mar 2011
And woosh! After setting out his bait, Bloodcalibur gets his first bites, he gleefully rubs his hands together after spending hours waiting by the lake shoe on the forum.

Such is the life of Bloodcalibur the fisherman.
Jan 11, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2012
^^^ are you saying he is fishing for compliments?
Jan 11, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
Bloodcalibur is a badass tbh. I wish I was as cool as him.
Jan 11, 2013 2:18 PM

Mar 2011
For such a philosphocial piece as mine, it's open to interpretation.

Okay, no, he's baiting, not with the body shots, but with "Take this from an alpha male, real men don't cry".

I don't think he expects compliments, though I can't imagine he isn't secretly pleased (who doesn't like being complimented?).
Jan 11, 2013 2:21 PM

Jun 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
For such a philosphocial piece as mine, it's open to interpretation.

Okay, no, he's baiting, not with the body shots, but with "Take this from an alpha male, real men don't cry".

I don't think he expects compliments, though I can't imagine he isn't secretly pleased (who doesn't like being complimented?).

Oh I see.

I usually just compliment on people who are like me.
Care about fitness, or have beards, or like games that I quite enjoy and deem excellent.

I'm not gay though, thems some nice tris though.
Jan 11, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
It's no more or less "lame" than a girl crying. It doesn't matter in front of whom, either. ô.o
Jan 11, 2013 2:40 PM

Mar 2012
Bloodcalibur said:

Oh right...so who exactly do I have these "e-relationships" with then?

Because if you're actually seriously going to suggest that stuff which Immahnoob says, then you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

As stated, I have a boyfriend, which is largely why I haven't been here that much lately.

You can even see that in one of the "comments" on my page from Allecto...

"Allecto | 12-27-12, 2:39 PM
We'll have to catch up at some point (IRC/Skypage?), I'll have you tell me about this new chap of yours :3
Reply - Com-to-Com - Delete - Report"

Because she and lung-tao knew about it, since I told them previously, I don't say it here because I don't really see how it has anything to do with you or anyone here.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jan 11, 2013 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
RandomChampion said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Kibitzer said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

>The Alpha Male
>The Al Phamale
Al Phamale is that u?

No, this is me.

triceps of peace

Yeah I didn't get that with any weights, pure combat training. I'm not a weight lifting kinda guy.

Weight lifting is for betas.
The real hard work is getting a fully functioning body built for speed, striking power, and endurance, all while eating nothin but shit like KFC and McDonald's.

Jan 11, 2013 3:47 PM

Nov 2012
No macho but still a good sense of art(because you like anime) I can respect that
Jan 11, 2013 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
i cried in front of my last GF because my relative died.

i tried to walk away but she was persistent to look at my face and saw the tears. i was embarrassed but she like the fact that i CAN cry lol. try not to though. so to answer your question i can say from experience that its not lame. that wouldnt work for everyone girl though.

when a real man cries, they go to a our own little place and break down. no whining while they cry. just let the tears flow until its over.
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jan 11, 2013 4:00 PM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
Bloodcalibur said:

Oh right...so who exactly do I have these "e-relationships" with then?

Because if you're actually seriously going to suggest that stuff which Immahnoob says, then you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

As stated, I have a boyfriend, which is largely why I haven't been here that much lately.

You can even see that in one of the "comments" on my page from Allecto...

"Allecto | 12-27-12, 2:39 PM
We'll have to catch up at some point (IRC/Skypage?), I'll have you tell me about this new chap of yours :3
Reply - Com-to-Com - Delete - Report"

Because she and lung-tao knew about it, since I told them previously, I don't say it here because I don't really see how it has anything to do with you or anyone here.
hai
Jan 11, 2013 4:09 PM

Apr 2011
I don't really care. At all.
Jan 11, 2013 4:14 PM

Dec 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
RandomChampion said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Kibitzer said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

>The Alpha Male
>The Al Phamale
Al Phamale is that u?

No, this is me.

triceps of peace

Yeah I didn't get that with any weights, pure combat training. I'm not a weight lifting kinda guy.

The real hard work is getting a fully functioning body built for speed, striking power, and endurance, all while eating nothin but shit like KFC and McDonald's.

lol kid, you're trying way too damn hard here. Maybe you could impress some preteen girls on facebook with your low body fat.
Jan 11, 2013 4:19 PM

Dec 2010
Boocake said:
Bloodcalibur said:
RandomChampion said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Kibitzer said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Only beta males cry.

>The Alpha Male
>The Al Phamale
Al Phamale is that u?

No, this is me.

triceps of peace

lol kid, you're trying way too damn hard here. Maybe you could impress some preteen girls on facebook with your low body fat.

You sound kind of jealous. And fat.
Jan 11, 2013 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
23nv1 said:
AnnoKano said:
And this is coming from someone who doesn't think the patriarchy really exists. The irony is killing me.

The patriarchy doesn't exist.....

It is probably a good idea to make sure you know what a concept is before you you dismiss its existence outright; Monad has said that the patriarchy doesn't exist several times in the past, yet what he has just described is the very result of patriarchy; men are expected to be domineering and cold, and any strong expression of emotion is looked down upon. This is, quite frankly, an unhealthy state of mind which has nothing positive to be gained from it.

What, did you think that the Patriarchy didn't have negative effects on men?
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jan 11, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2010
I think it's better to say that Patriarchy has negative effects on certain types of men. To say that it unequivocally has a negative effect is a little presumptuous I think. You could argue that it has a negative effect on society as a whole rather easily, however, and to deny Patriarchy in our society would be quite foolish (regarding 23's comment).
Jan 11, 2013 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
I think it's better to say that pure combat training has negative effects on certain types of men.
LoneWolf said:
Jan 11, 2013 5:24 PM

Dec 2012
Legendre said:
I think it's better to say that Patriarchy has negative effects on certain types of men. To say that it unequivocally has a negative effect is a little presumptuous I think. You could argue that it has a negative effect on society as a whole rather easily, however, and to deny Patriarchy in our society would be quite foolish (regarding 23's comment).

The patriarchy did things to society that still affect us today, I won't deny that. I just believe that that's different from the patriarchy still existing. Husbands do not rule over wives. Inheritance is not passed down through the male line. etc. There is no legal basis to suggest that the patriarchy is still in existence.
Jan 11, 2013 5:26 PM

Dec 2010
Post-Josh said:
I think it's better to say that pure combat training has negative effects on certain types of men.

Beta males.
Jan 11, 2013 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
Legendre said:
Post-Josh said:

Beta males.

Indeed.

Emotions are for women.
Jan 11, 2013 5:29 PM

Mar 2010
something went in my eye, shed a tear and a girl found it cute..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 11, 2013 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
Rasco said:
One time my throat dried out while I was in the middle of a long sentence and I choked up. The girl I was talking to called me a pussy and spat in my face.

I went home and watched the whole Rambo series to make up for it.
Jan 11, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2012
Rasco said:

I dont really feel comfortable when i hear girls say "awww" or call you cute, i dont really think it means that they are attracted to you in general, does it?
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

668 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
3 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
3 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 11 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.