Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Jan 10, 2013 3:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Heya guise :D I just finished Shiki, and I really liked it, but now im at that terrible point where I have no more anime to watch, so I need a new one.
So far my favotrite animes are: Death note, Mirai Nikki, and Shiki. I like it if there is some sort of romance involved, and another thing they all have in common, is that there are 2 main sides, but only one can win. I find that very interesting.

And last but not least, no mecha.
 
#2
Jan 10, 2013 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2745
K-On!
 
#3
Jan 10, 2013 3:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
lordzeru said:
K-On!

Moe, music and school? xD Very psychological.
 
#4
Jan 10, 2013 3:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1517
Fubby said:
I like it if there is some sort of romance involved

It's not like Death Note has romance, so....

Btooom!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
 
#5
Jan 10, 2013 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 16910
Hasn't this already been a topic?
Monster
Monster
Monster
Monster

There's others I could post but
Monster

Yeah I forgot to tell you tha-Monster

I see Kara no Kyoukai being tossed around a lot so I'll +1 that too.
 
#6
Jan 10, 2013 3:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Madeline said:
Fubby said:
I like it if there is some sort of romance involved

It's not like Death Note has romance, so....

Btooom!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica


Its hard to find good psychological with romance T.T
 
#7
Jan 10, 2013 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5199
Standard rec for Death Note fans: Code Geass.

Trust me, everyone will mention it.

Monster would be a good choice, but looking at your list I think it might be too slow-paced for you, even if it is an excelent anime.

Baccano! - It's not told in chronological order, but if you stick with it until the third episode, I think you'll find it's right up your alley.

Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom - definitely one to check out.

Revolutionary Girl Utena - it's not as thriller as the other ones you've listed, but it does have two sides going against each other and a hint of romance.

Bokurano - two sides fighting against each other, for sure! There really isn't romance in Bokurano, but it's dark and psychological.

And seconding Madoka Magica, though don't judge until the third episode. It's pretty dark and psychological.
 
#8
Jan 10, 2013 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 16910
Tavor said:

Oh man, I haven't seen you for a while!

Good to see you again. /spam

aaand battery runs out. Perfect timing I swear.
 
#9
Jan 10, 2013 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2745
Fubby said:
lordzeru said:
K-On!

Moe, music and school? xD Very psychological.


Seriously, it was a trip. I was very psyched out.

Honestly though.
Monster, which has been mentioned.
Serial Experiments Lain.
Paranoia Agent
Mawaru Penguindrum < The only one of the list to include romance as well.
 
Jan 10, 2013 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
MellowJello said:
Tavor said:

Oh man, I haven't seen you for a while!

Good to see you again. /spam

aaand battery runs out. Perfect timing I swear.

Holiday break is over, so back in the 'grind'.
Find dat charger man!

Well since you caught me, I originally posted Ergo Proxy (shocker, eh?), however the romance may or may not be satisfactory to you.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
Jan 10, 2013 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6483
Basically what Sweetpea said.

Gonna add in:
Higurashi
Welcome to the NHK!
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell
Aoi Bangaku

I can give you an extensive list, but I personally believe the top 3 series that should get checked out by psychological fans are Monster, NGE, and Ghost in the Shell (1995).
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

 
Jan 10, 2013 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3108
Fubby said:
lordzeru said:
K-On!

Moe, music and school? xD Very psychological.

I think he is trolling (or however you want to call it) because.... well, I better won't say. Just don't mind it ^^

Psychological... mhm...
Serial Experiments Lain
Paranoia Agent
Shigofumi
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Sweetpea said:
Standard rec for Death Note fans: Code Geass.

Trust me, everyone will mention it.

Monster would be a good choice, but looking at your list I think it might be too slow-paced for you, even if it is an excelent anime.

Baccano! - It's not told in chronological order, but if you stick with it until the third episode, I think you'll find it's right up your alley.

Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom - definitely one to check out.

Revolutionary Girl Utena - it's not as thriller as the other ones you've listed, but it does have two sides going against each other and a hint of romance.

Bokurano - two sides fighting against each other, for sure! There really isn't romance in Bokurano, but it's dark and psychological.

And seconding Madoka Magica, though don't judge until the third episode. It's pretty dark and psychological.


Yeah, I watched the first 2 eps of monster, and I felt like it was too slow for me, so I dropped t.

I'll have to watch Madoka Magica because it keeps popping up in threads like this.
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 23
Requiem for the phantom, it is absolutely amazing, there is plenty of struggle with the main character, there's that bit of romance that isn't quite there, but yet it is, so you really don't know what to expect, you never know what ein is thinking, it's just all all around awesome series, although not super psychological, it involves brain washing and characters struggling with their own thoughts/morals/emotions.
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 430
Elfen Lied
Mirai Nikki
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (its look retarded on first look but u will get hooked after watching 1-2 eps)
Code Geass
Mawaru Penguindrum


and mb u will enjoy psychological thread in Kokoro Connect
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 861
Shion no Ou - Just finished it yesterday. There were some okay psychological moments, but it can get sidetracked by the shouji game. Still a good anim

Definitely watch Monster too. Very awesome series.

Paranoia Agent - Creepy and psychological at the same time.

Bokurano - I know you said "no mecha." But this anime is stunning. I really dislike mecha anime too - but this anime is amazing. You get a good opportunity to see the scared lives of some of the children.

Jigoku Shoujo - Fantastic episodic anime.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - This anime will catch you by surprise.

Mawaru Penguindrum - Heavy symbolism and a bit of romance tossed in there.
Modified by gigglingidiot, Jan 10, 2013 4:10 PM
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
Fubby said:
Heya guise :D I just finished Shiki, and I really liked it, but now im at that terrible point where I have no more anime to watch, so I need a new one.
So far my favotrite animes are: Death note, Mirai Nikki, and Shiki. I like it if there is some sort of romance involved, and another thing they all have in common, is that there are 2 main sides, but only one can win. I find that very interesting.

And last but not least, no mecha.

The best one, and I don't think anyone will dispute this is monster. Code grass, death note, elfin lied,
Ghost in the shell and mirai Nikki are also pretty good though.
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2365
Perfect blue
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8337
bergil said:
Perfect blue

Never thought I'd be seconding things from you, but yeah Perfect Blue.
IntelligentPerson said:
You can block their mac address
OtherPerson said:
Mac? But I'm on Windows.
 
Jan 10, 2013 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6483
RandomPerson3 said:
bergil said:
Perfect blue

Never thought I'd be seconding things from you, but yeah Perfect Blue.
When he isn't trolling, he makes legitimate recommendations that always fit the bill. I actually always look forward to his recs and prioritize them.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

 
Top