Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 12, 2013 5:22 AM
Nov 2012
The anime made things a bit more confusing but I will explain how the manga dealed with this:
- Hakaze goes to halt the Tree of Genesis revival while healing Yoshino (last scene of episode 12) and Samon stays while he heals Mahiro

- Timeskip one month later with Hanemura introduction (end of episode 13). The scene is a bit longer in the manga with his friend saying how everything changed after the Tree of Genesis appeared and that these days there's been circulating the rumor of the Mage of Exodus who will save the world. Hanemura's friend also thinks that Hanemura's girlfriend dumped him isn't strange because Hanemura is an unreliable freelancer.

- Then we see Mahiro's dream
A flashback of him and Aika. Aika is eating corn while Mahiro comments how unattractive she is. She responds him that what is he expecting of his younger sister and offers him to taste the corn. Mahiro asks her where did she get the corn and Aika replies saying that someone who doesn't require sexiness or class from her gave it to her.

- Mahiro wakes up screaming that he's sure that her boyfriend gave it to her and he should have investigated during that time. Samon appears.

In the manga Samon is not the one who asks Mahiro to kill Yoshino, it's another character who is with Samon but will not say more because judging from the preview next episode will elaborate on everything about that.
Jan 12, 2013 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
Half episode - recap
Other half episode feels like Gainax dropped by and shat all over the place.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jan 12, 2013 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
It was actually a well made recap episode but after waiting more than normal is natural people will get disappointed.

Btw for some reason i got annoyed by the voice of the new guy and his whole presence.

Like the scene that showed us how he found her dead.

The ED song unfortunately sound worst to me. the previous was better.
MonadJan 12, 2013 6:34 AM
Jan 12, 2013 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
Too much recap in this episode -.-

Jan 12, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
the recap wasn't bothering me. of course i understand that some people complain about it because the recap was ~ 14 minutes long, but this anime can be really confusing, so in my opinion it wasn't that bad.

but as i sad - this anime can be really confusing and that's what's bothering me a bit. i was confused because of all the time leaps and then suddenly a little mahiro and yoshino appeared and well, i was just confused.

and actually i thought that maybe aika will end up as the mage... would have been interesting.
Jan 12, 2013 1:30 PM

Nov 2007
Maybe I could swallow the recap (being half of the entire episode) much easily because I came watching 5 episodes prior to this one and didn't really need to wait for two weeks unlike many of you here, but I have to say, episode 7 was probably the worst point to put the anime on hold because after that, it simply got so much better!

The more I see this the more it seems that

I am actually really fond of Hakaze now! But, what is this?! She is in love with Yoshino?! I had a feeling that she had already fallen for him when he saved her from the despair in the earlier episode and helping her find a way to get out of the prison of time. The way she said she wanted to thank him properly gave it away!

More romance is always welcome. I still hope the anime ends with a happy ending. After all, it has been indirectly hinted as soon as Tempest was mentioned!

Bumped my rating to a 9/10 from 7/10 after watching the last 5.5 full and 0.5 recap in one go!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 12, 2013 1:57 PM

Oct 2011
So, how many dreams within dreams was that? 8? 9?

Either way, as far as recaps go, it was okay, but a lot worse than a proper episode.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 12, 2013 5:27 PM

Nov 2012
I found the recap necessary as the show is heavy on information and twists from lift to right that I even forgot some moments of the show

Time to start the 2nd half , hopefully it won't end in a tragedy D;
Jan 12, 2013 6:30 PM
Oct 2011
For those who skipped the re-cap, it was 14 minutes only, the rest was canon (10 minutes), Yoshino explained how the world is like now after Mahiro slept for a month in the beginning of the 10 minutes.

A pretty well-made re-cap. I found the re-cap necessary because of all the mind-fuck in the recent episodes (helps for those with a short attention span). For me the info I got from the previous episodes were all over the place so this episode was good for organizing them, and I guess that was the point of it.

The episode over-all was great, this show keeps catching my interest even when I'm not really liking some things it it, which is actually a pretty good thing, because it's a really well made series, unlike some other over-hyped and overrated shit I'm watching.

About the new guy, his voice is a voice I started hating recently, so I'm hoping he won't be getting on my nerves like he's doing with Alibaba in Magi.
Jan 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
It was an okay re-cap. I liked how they kept showing the young versions of Mahiro and Yoshino though. Samon appearing at the end with Mahiro, at least that's something new. Yuki Kaji voicing Megumu Hanemura seems pretty good imo.

The preview for the next episode is soooooo misleading haha. xD
Jan 12, 2013 8:33 PM

Jan 2008
The re-cap was rather done nicely actually with the cute (younger) Mahiro and Yoshino included in some scenes as the story was told. Some scenes were told in detailed that might have bored me (as we viewers already know/understand them) but I think they were necessary so for viewers to avoid any misconceptions/misunderstandings how the story has gone so far and before the second half starts.

I am the only one finding Samon hot with his hair tied and in black polo upon entering the door? ^_^
Jan 12, 2013 10:48 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't find the recap necessary, but overall I liked how they pulled it off. The idea of Yoshino and Mahiro going head to head is crazy exciting. Hopefully this latter half will be more action-packed and less constant talking.
Jan 13, 2013 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
for a recap, this was very well done...
looking forward to next week!
Jan 13, 2013 10:14 AM

Oct 2011
Beautiful.
Jan 13, 2013 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
I hate recaps, but at least they did the stuff from a different perspective. Only the stuff after the ending was really interesting like the series usually is. Next episode should be a proper episode again.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 13, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Both the EP and the last EP have mad me want a Slice of Life with these characters!
Jan 13, 2013 6:28 PM

Jun 2009
Damn, Kiritsugu != Samon.
Doesn't suit the character at all. Maybe Yoshino would be better ... but he is too young =\

Recap =\

Everything makes so little sense ...

Ah, almost forgot.

What the Hell did i just marathoned 1-13? What is this crazy mix of umineko/akagi (Washizu-battle deja vu)/illegal author drugs?

Watchable and somewhat enjoyable nonetheless.
ArqentumJan 13, 2013 6:33 PM
Jan 13, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
ohmystars said:
Both the EP and the last EP have mad me want a Slice of Life with these characters!

EP? When the hell did zetsuen no tempest become a band releasing extended plays, Well then i look foreword to their next LP and live in concert.

Arqentum said:

Everything makes so little sense ...
Its really not hard to follow i really dont get how people think this makes no sense.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2009
little sense != no sense.

And i do not mean story itself, i mean universe, this 'fate/luck' and such.

And ep.12 ending ... anyway i bet ending was supposed to make no sense.
Jan 14, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2010
Sigh recap huh !!

Oh well at least they explained what happens afterward
Jan 15, 2013 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Most of it was recap, but I didn't really mind. I wonder how it'll be going from now on! Hakaze likes Yoshino and we saw the guy who may be the mage of exodus. :)

Jan 16, 2013 8:31 AM
Sep 2012
I enjoyed this recap episode quite a bit, we got to hear everything from mahiro´s side, because this show has really focused more on yoshino imo.
Jan 16, 2013 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
debido95 said:
because this show has really focused more on yoshino imo.
well yoshino is kind of the main character so thats why.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2013 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
Did we see that Hanemura guy before, or is this his intro scene? I mean, I don't recall seeing him before but some of the comments here seem to know him already.
(not asking for spoilers, just curious if I missed something)
Jan 17, 2013 4:49 AM
Nov 2012
goblinlady said:
Did we see that Hanemura guy before, or is this his intro scene? I mean, I don't recall seeing him before but some of the comments here seem to know him already.
(not asking for spoilers, just curious if I missed something)

It is his first appearance in the anime but Japanese anime magazines revealed his design and seiyuu for at least a month ago. The official website in New Year's added him in the character section, where it stated that he claims to be the Magician of Exodus and that his girlfriend dumped him.
Jan 22, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2011
Recap episode meh... and then oooh look, a new guy, cool Mage of Exodus... say whaaaaaaaa the fuck!?
Jan 26, 2013 5:14 PM
Mar 2009
Recap, but I didn't suffer a long hiatus like the rest of you, haha.

So the mage of Exodus is not even a princess at all but just some unmotivated guy in a low paying job. Heh.

Hakaze fell in love with Yoshino? Guess that was to be expected. Masterminds always get the girls.
Feb 6, 2013 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Despite the recap, the Prince of Exodus has appeared...and also 2 billion dead. Damn...
Mar 2, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2012
Techno-Commie said:
Motherfu.... recap.

MidnightPride said:
I was so ready for something epic again.
olboyfloats said:
I guess I'm not the only one bummed out by all the recap. Still, the new arc look promising. We'll see...
Mar 25, 2013 5:16 PM

Sep 2010
Meh, a recap buth with interesting things close to the end. Also, new ending!

WAAAAAIT. I'm glad I watched after the ending. HE IS THE MAGE OF EXODUS?
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Apr 8, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
Oh you sneaky little recap. LOL

Loving the new ED, super cute! :)
Apr 19, 2013 8:46 PM

May 2012
Good thing I watched the whole thing. Almost skipped the episode when it started recapping, lol.
May 13, 2013 6:04 PM

Nov 2012
Like the new ED.I don't really believe that Megumu is Mage of Exdous I think he acquired magic from the real Mage of Exdous through talismans.

Ohh and Mahiro's scream when he found Aika was awsome.
Jul 20, 2013 7:07 AM

Apr 2010
Meh recap, but; inception.

mustnotshipSamonandMahiromustnotshipmustnotship.

Samon actually looked good in this episode.
Aug 26, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
yeah recap but
SAMON WITH A PONYTAIL (。♥‿♥。)
toooruOct 18, 2015 9:25 PM
Oct 21, 2013 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
a really good recap in my opinion.. hope the second half would be better than the first half that alone is great ...

the new ending is quite enjoying, like it ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 22, 2013 9:13 PM

Nov 2009
well shit . . . That can't be good . . . Anyways I wonder why it is that Mahiro seems kind of, weak.
Jan 13, 2014 8:34 PM
Apr 2011
Mostly a recap, and I'm glad that it went rather quick and we got some new material near the end. What's this about killing Yoshino? This is getting interesting, and so, there is a mage of exodus...that's intriguing...did he have something to do with killing Aika? It would certainly makes sense, but he doesn't seem like the type that would do that.

Questions, answers, more questions....
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 30, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
On the good news at least it wasn't completely recap but still..... : /
Mar 8, 2014 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
Mostly a recap but it was good to clarify the Exodus - Genesis thing. I was a little confused 'cause i'm not very good with remembering names.

What do you say Samon? You want Mahiro to kill Yoshino? And that preview....
Mar 27, 2014 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
Okay...WTF i just watched?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
FlareStar101 said:
Okay...WTF i just watched?

Episode 13 I believed.
May 18, 2014 3:54 AM

Jun 2011
Cool to have a recap now, I stopped watching for a year after ep 12 so it's good to know I don't have to go back and watch the first half again to know the main points.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 19, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
Recap mostly... I skipped only 3 minutes, should've skipped 14 minutes.
Aika's death pose always makes me laugh.
Jul 31, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2012
Somewhat more of a recap but with some twists to them together with a nice new ED! And well I do wonder what will happen next!
Sep 13, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2013
at least we know that "This story doesn't end in tragedy"
Dec 31, 2014 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
We got some more recap from Mahiro's dream.
Samon asking Mahiro if he could kill Yoshino...
Nice ED.
May 28, 2015 1:29 AM

May 2013
Recap episode.

So this is how the world works now with the Tree of Genesis around. Spooky.

So that's the Mage of Exodus...and he just revealed his identity so nonchalantly. But the real question is whether he killed Aika or not.

The next episode is what i've been waiting for!!! Yoshino x Hakaze!
Jun 21, 2015 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
LOL at that new guy at the end though.

Hakaze/Yoshino a possible ship?
Jul 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
I like the new ED :)

So the tree's killed 2 billion people. Woah. At least it didn't destroy the whole world though. Just correcting all the bad stuff. But it also killed a lot of innocent people lol.

"Could you kill Yoshino?" He could be the Mage of Exodus? But the new guy at the end also claims he's probably the Mage of Exodus..

Hakaze has a crush on Yoshino? I ship it 😁
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.