Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Not bad so far! The artwork and themes reminds me of Strike Witches. Started off pretty calm anyways. Aoi seems pretty enthusiastic. She's such a kinda girl too imo, trying to save that bird.

Hope it can keep up its pace and action scenes. Oh and that transformation scene looked legit to me.

Jan 10, 2013 9:47 AM

Oct 2010
The series officially pleases me more than Strike Witches unlike it, it’s more realistic because the weaponry is in the future and the past it feels not natural to me let’s say.

About the fan service appeal, I have to admit in the following,
and this series beats officially Strike Witches in terms of ass service and zooms. Seems the industry learned from Strike Witches and the shows that happened in between from the last movie that TIGHTER = BETTER. Quite simply see able.

TBH any female part tighter is better so I assume the deduction is quite obvious on that part.

That being said and short on time. The action is good. Drama is fine and the service is »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»Strike Witches. Now if they put nipples with loads of them DFCs then I say it will surpass Strike Witches by loads.
Yumekichi11Jan 20, 2013 3:18 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
absolutely can't wait for subs, I doubt I'd do fine without on a show like this sadly. Hope someone hurries, allthough I doubt it.
Glad to see someone enjoying it more than SW already, since I was somehow skeptical about this show because only the main girl looks appealing in my opinion - whereas strike witches had a full cast of gorgeous young girls.
Jan 10, 2013 9:55 AM

Oct 2010
bNq said:
Glad to see someone enjoying it more than SW already, since I was somehow skeptical about this show because only the main girl looks appealing in my opinion - whereas strike witches had a full cast of gorgeous young girls.
The girls are not only more MOE and VIVID in colors but they seem more emotional although I am worried of the drama exaggerations that can ensue later on.

The lasers and machines seem less deranging than Neuroids but more scary IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2013 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
huh, well I also cant wait for the subs. Lets see if I like this or not :3
Jan 10, 2013 12:02 PM

Sep 2012
WOW, so what the Intro Special TV program said about the show is all true: ViviPan (nickname of the show used among fans in Japan) is vividly done and the hot pants (and THE BOTTOM) are one key draw. The CG is just as good as the peek they showed in the Intro Special. And the transformation scenes really showed how to do great integration of CG and manual work.

Fans in Japan seem to have made the right call for naming this show as the top candidate for the top BD/DVD seller in this season:

So far tome it seems it is

STRIKE WITCHES (a lot)
+
PRECURE (quite a lot too -- it even has a mascot! )
+
EUREKA SEVEN AO (a bit)
symbvJan 10, 2013 12:43 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 10, 2013 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
Nice 1st episode! Since it's an original, I don't have to worry about spoilers because no one knows what happens ahead of time. Like for instance, I thought "Oji-chan" had really died until they showed he had switched bodies.

Also the transformation scene was done well.
Jan 10, 2013 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
A nice start. The setting looks interesting and the transformation scene was really great.
Jan 10, 2013 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
Jan 10, 2013 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
We don't want a old guy the be the professor, so we turn the professor into a cute animal mascot. Totally agree with the decision. (Although it doesn't seem realistic)

And I really love the way the anime looks!
Jan 10, 2013 5:55 PM

Mar 2012
Wow first time I downloaded a torrent anime file. This was really nice and pretty. I wonder if the girls will destroy that big bad monster. Didn't understand much else except that
Jan 10, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2011
STRIKE WITCHES SEASON 3 IS FINALLY HERE!!!
Dem HOT PANTS
No subs as of yet...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jan 10, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
Meruru_Arls said:
Dem HOT PANTS
No subs as of yet...
But Strike Witches is getting a season 3. The Movie has a 'To be continued' after the credits. As for the show, still haven't watched it but Strike Witches was one of the best shows I watched last year so this will probably be just as amazing.
Jan 10, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2008
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Meruru_Arls said:
Dem HOT PANTS
No subs as of yet...
But Strike Witches is getting a season 3. The Movie has a 'To be continued' after the credits. As for the show, still haven't watched it but Strike Witches was one of the best shows I watched last year so this will probably be just as amazing.

This most likely is the Strike Witches 3 you speak of, just renamed and the setting is a century or two in the future instead of WWII.

Jan 10, 2013 8:06 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah this anime seem to have the same kind of vibes as Strike witches, but somehow it feel like I watch some similiar transforming before.

It's start all good I thought this main character shouldn't be the type that want to fight but it seem like I was all wrong.
Now I understand that Akane fight to protect.

What I mean similiar in this anime that's the think it's you are the only one with this power blahblah that can fight them .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 10, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2012
AMAAAAAAAAZING!

Also, Strike Witches is getting another season, this is not Strike Witches. It is an original work not related.

Still, THIS SHOW!

I was hyped for this show BEYOND BELIEF and yet it STILL surpassed my expectations!!!

I can't wait to see more of this, and hope that maybe just maybe Aoi and Akane can get even closer than Yoshika and Lynette ;)

It being the future and all makes things interesting in their own way, and I'm really curious just what these 'alone' are? Could it be something similar to Persona 3? It sorta seems like that somewhat.
Jan 10, 2013 10:52 PM
Aug 2012
Really good! And I'm glad it's a lot tamer than Strike Witches.
Jan 11, 2013 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
Alright start, nothing amazing but then again i didn't expect anything amazing so i suppose that's why i wasn't disappointed.
Jan 11, 2013 12:47 AM

Apr 2009
Eh, it was alright. The transformation sequence was fantastic though.
Jan 11, 2013 12:55 AM

Feb 2011
I'M NOT WATCHING FOR THE PANTIES , I'M NOT WATCHING FOR THE PANTIES .

MEH WHO AM I LYING TO ?

Everybody watches it for the panties lol . Anyway it was really good XD
Jan 11, 2013 1:07 AM

Sep 2012
My body was ready. And still was beaten. That's going to be an awesome candy before Strike Witches 3
Jan 11, 2013 1:22 AM

Jan 2012
A really good start. The transformation looked pretty cool and the story looks interesting.

Jan 11, 2013 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
dat ass @_@
those glorious ass!!!
Jan 11, 2013 1:56 AM
Aug 2011
Truly enjoyed this episode. Not that I ASSpected anything less.

4/5
Jan 11, 2013 2:09 AM
May 2012
Andyis said:
Wow first time I downloaded a torrent anime file. This was really nice and pretty. I wonder if the girls will destroy that big bad monster. Didn't understand much else except that

lol first time? where have you been all those years? o.0
Jan 11, 2013 2:11 AM

May 2010
ok 1st episode but all dem bloomer lol
Jan 11, 2013 2:17 AM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
PRECURE (quite a lot too -- it even has a mascot!)
Maaan don't scare me like this XD

first impression - red and white pants... welcome back Strike Witches XD

shameless, silly and lighthearted series that I was expecting and it was awesome (with notable case of grandpa in fridge)... so if they keep up with mood and action it might be one of better series this season
Jan 11, 2013 2:21 AM

Jun 2009
So... Strike Witches + Super Sentai in a futuristic setting...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2013 3:17 AM
Jun 2008
Everything seems wtf when she start jumping down the sea lol

Docking?... as in like Goku + vegeta combine into one ?
Jan 11, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2012
I'm digging it so far!
Jan 11, 2013 3:35 AM

Mar 2011
Very good sign of what to come
Those fanservices are well done and I like the setting and characters
The animation was good as expected and I like the OP song
Jan 11, 2013 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
transformation scene: me : pause-stare-pause-stare-pause-stare

currently waiting for H-doujin of this...especially twintail girls are my type

guwahahahahahahahaa *evil laugh*
lordmaster316Jan 11, 2013 3:54 AM
Jan 11, 2013 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not in the majority here, as I really didn't like it.
Jan 11, 2013 4:00 AM

Mar 2012
What a great first impression. Much better first episode than anything else this season. Plus the animation looks amazing because of A1 Pictures' SAO money. Seems really interesting so far. If it keeps going in this direction, it'll be at least just as good as Strike Witches. 5/5
Jan 11, 2013 4:26 AM

Mar 2011
Interesting!

I was grabbed by the balls with this one in a way I wasn't with some of the other new shows this season (looking at you Tomako market). I genuinely wanted to watch the next episode straight away, and having to wait a week has got me on tenterhooks!

I liked how Strike Witches combined both Moe elements and military hardware and this has that same feel (unsuprisingly since it's the same creator)

Imagine if Evangelion has magical girls instead of whiny Shinji and you can't go too far wrong!
Jan 11, 2013 4:28 AM

Aug 2011
That was a really nice first episode. I really liked the transformation, but also the animation was awesome. Can't wait for next week!!
Jan 11, 2013 4:40 AM
Jan 2010
IT'S DOCKING TIME
Next week: WHEN THEY OVERLAP

also
blue island?
...AOI-CHAN!
I laughed.
Jan 11, 2013 4:41 AM
Jan 2010
UnbornMVs said:

Everybody watches it for the panties lol

I didn't. You can't always assume everyone is as shallow and sexually frustrated as yourself.
Jan 11, 2013 4:48 AM

Nov 2012
UnbornMVs said:
I'M NOT WATCHING FOR THE PANTIES , I'M NOT WATCHING FOR THE PANTIES .

MEH WHO AM I LYING TO ?

Everybody watches it for the panties lol . Anyway it was really good XD

I believe in pantsu! (Mashiro ftw!!)
Jan 11, 2013 5:06 AM
Jul 2011
Loved it. Came for the fanservice, will stay for the fanservice AND the story/action ;-)

I was also surprised that I finished this episode thinking "More!". That didn't happen often recently and it's a very good sign.

The concept as a whole feels pretty fresh (even when it's composed of many old and proven things) and I especially love how it all started with a small family setting and a maverick scientist. I like that much more than some main character joining some big and established organization.

P.S.: I bet her grandpa spent most of those years on making the transformation look good :-P
Jan 11, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
Ass.
Found it quite good actually, really nice visuals.
Also dat transformation scene.
Jan 11, 2013 5:22 AM

Jun 2011
I find it hard to take this seriously when a 14yo girl is meant to fight off an alien species, and the director decides to have an ass shot of her every chance they get. ffs, she's barely in her teens.

3/5

First impressions: 6/10
Jan 11, 2013 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
I like it, the CG and ass shots throughout it aren't as obnoxious as I was expecting.
I'm guessing there'll be more "plotholes" and "shit just works" as the show goes on, but I doubt I'll even be concerned about that since this show seems to be focused around Magical Girl levels of happiness and friendship, in addition to any ass/fanservice they put in there.

Only 1 ep in but I could see myself rewatching this after it ends
Jan 11, 2013 5:41 AM

Jul 2012
Fuck yeah Strike Witches 2.

Dat fanservice
Dat CGI
Dat ridiculous plot

I love it
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 11, 2013 5:44 AM

Aug 2010
Even worse writing (I can't believe I'm saying this) than Strike Witches and less fan service. That's a bad sign considering what the prime appeal of this show is supposed to be. Also, why did they have to cast Spiderhair as the main girl? I'm so repulsed by her voice, darn it. What a great professor, not even knowing that if your body is not breathing it will suffer irreparable damage. Enjoy being a small, furry animal for the rest of your short lifespan!

I hope the show will improve in the next couple of episodes 3/5.
Jan 11, 2013 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
This is going to be so gay. Instant AotY.

onedaysnotice said:
I find it hard to take this seriously when a 14yo girl is meant to fight off an alien species, and the director decides to have an ass shot of her every chance they get. ffs, she's barely in her teens.

It seems you're not familiar with the director of strike witches.
rederoinJan 11, 2013 6:14 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 11, 2013 6:30 AM

Jun 2009
rederoin said:

onedaysnotice said:

I can take strike witches much easier, due to the fact that they have a lot of training, and Miyafuji is actually made of hero material. Can't say the same for Vividred so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2013 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
AirStyles said:
rederoin said:

onedaysnotice said:

I can take strike witches much easier, due to the fact that they have a lot of training, and Miyafuji is actually made of hero material. Can't say the same for Vividred so far.
I was referring to "and the director decides to have an ass shot of her every chance they get"

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 11, 2013 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
Fuck yes! That hits the spot.

I might've found my favorite of the season.
Jan 11, 2013 7:04 AM

Aug 2010
Lol, the prof turned into a mascot...which looks suspiciously like Yuno from Nanoha.

Also, while I like nanoha's transformation sequences better, this one are nice to watch, too. I mean, that sequence looked badASS ;)

I have to admit, Oshiri Operation looks better than any other brand new entry (not counting 2-cour anime or 2nd seasons)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

79 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.