Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 30, 2013 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
After a whole episode devoted to Yayoi, I still can't find myself caring for her.
Feb 1, 2013 5:02 AM
May 2012
quukii said:
After a whole episode devoted to Yayoi, I still can't find myself caring for her.

True, talk about wasting time for seeing pointless stuff & I sincerely don't really care about Rina, Yayoi's friend.
Feb 7, 2013 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
I sense it's not the last time we she of the Blue-hair girl.
This is a solid episode on the struggle between free will and the Sybil system.
Shinya is such a manipulative, and charismatic individual. He purposely gave that Dominator to Yayoi knowing how much she cares for her friend. Then, when she felt powerless to stop her friend, Yayoi become the Enforcer in order to do just that. That's why Shinya and Shougo are such matching rivals
A glimpse of Sasayama actions. He is exactly what I thought he would be, a true dog who lives to hunt.
Feb 8, 2013 12:55 PM
May 2008
What was that background song between the time Rina and Yayoi were having their conversation?
Feb 10, 2013 7:20 PM
May 2012
So, an episode about Yayoi and her past. Well it was pretty interesting.
Feb 10, 2013 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
Now I know this flashback takes place in 2109
That means this anime takes place in 2112 about 100 years into the future.
Hard to believe technology could improve so much in 100 years.
I don't think this future is feasible.
Feb 12, 2013 7:42 PM

Jun 2011
kentaseo said:
Yea this new OP sucks compared to Abnormalize.

QFT
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 19, 2013 1:53 AM

Jun 2010
I knew I'd like Yayoi's backstory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2013 6:29 AM
May 2012
ThangLong said:
I sense it's not the last time we seen of the Blue-hair girl.
This is a solid episode on the struggle between free will and the Sybil system.
Shinya is such a manipulative, and charismatic individual. He purposely gave that Dominator to Yayoi knowing how much she cares for her friend. Then, when she felt powerless to stop her friend, Yayoi become the Enforcer in order to do just that. That's why Shinya and Shougo are such matching rivals
A glimpse of Sasayama actions. He is exactly what I thought he would be, a true dog who lives to hunt.

It does & that's it. That WAS the last time we saw the blue haired girl & that's how Yayoi become an enforcer.

So fuck that shit, Let her be! Let her suffer! Yayoi finally move on & we never know what happened to her (Rina) then since the show is finally come to an end (3 eps left?) so yeah. Talk about loose ends! Can't believe those things really drives me crazy throughout the episodes!
JafriZinMar 7, 2013 8:35 PM
Mar 13, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the previous OP and ED more. A lot more. I don't particularly like 100% engrish OPs.

Finally know what Sasayama looked like.

I'm sure Rina and Yayoi will meet again in one of the future episodes.
Mar 26, 2013 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
So they decided to give more life to a fodder figure in the team. I actually liked the episode. At first I hated Kougami for trying to ruin Yayoi's life, but I guess that he was right after all and she made the choice herself eventually.
Mar 28, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
The new OP was alright, but the new ED was freaking awesome! As for the episode itself, was surprisingly really good actually. The background story was nice. :)

RediceRyan said:
Now I know this flashback takes place in 2109
That means this anime takes place in 2112 about 100 years into the future.
Hard to believe technology could improve so much in 100 years.
I don't think this future is feasible.

I dunno man... 100 years is a really long time.
Apr 6, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
JeffreyZin said:
quukii said:

True, talk about wasting time for seeing pointless stuff & I sincerely don't really care about Rina, Yayoi's friend.

Yup.
Apr 10, 2013 8:09 AM
Jul 2018

"I will become an Enforcer!"
It's nice to know Yayoi's past.
Apr 15, 2013 9:17 AM
May 2012
k0k0 said:

Yup.

That is NOT the point. I found out that the show was finally ended without any answers in this one. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THAT'S IT?! WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED TO HER THEN?! She should've come back later episode! That is the most hated cliche I've ever seen in my entire life!

Probably she was presumably killed & ended up in a prison few years later. This is bullshit for me. Now it's back to regular episodes.
JafriZinApr 15, 2013 9:55 AM
Apr 25, 2013 10:02 PM

Oct 2011
The new opening was cool and better than the first one in my opinion. The new ending was.. well, it's from supercell. You can't say anything against supercell. It's a really nice song like the first ending and I think her voice fits into the theme.

So this episode was about Yayoi's background.. Rina seemed to be a nice girl at first, but she is also someone who longs for power. :/

Next episode might be about Yayoi again while hunting Rina and her resistance or they just continue the show in the present since we now know how Yayoi got into the team.
I'm still eager to know what Akane is going to do now.. :o
May 25, 2013 3:23 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting start of the second half of the anime, a new member that seems to take up a big role already, some interesting backstory but not much of what happened with the last episode! Though it's good to move on so lets see what's next and what role this new girl has!

The new op & ed were quite decent!
May 28, 2013 5:15 AM
May 2012
RiukixD said:
TSo this episode was about Yayoi's background.. Rina seemed to be a nice girl at first, but she is also someone who longs for power. :/

Next episode might be about Yayoi again while hunting Rina and her resistance or they just continue the show in the present since we now know how Yayoi got into the team.
I'm still eager to know what Akane is going to do now.. :o

I don't really care about this episode anymore. This should be aired as an OVA instead rather than episodes which gets me confused.

Now, that's it. We don't really know what happened to her & others then. Possibly she ended up dead or imprisoned. Pretty bad move, Production IG.... *Sigh*

What about Kagari, Ginoza & others?! What's their background during then?!
JafriZinMay 28, 2013 9:10 AM
Jun 21, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
I’m glad they showed the background of Yayoi. She was kind of just there all this time so it’s nice to know her backstory. Honestly, I’m surprised she joined. She experienced firsthand how terrible rehabilitation was and yet she wanted her friend to turn herself in to go there. A large part must have been due to Kougami giving her a dominator to really show her the side of “those who take away” that she realized that she did not want to return. We also get to see Sasayama’s character here as well.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 9, 2013 4:05 PM

Apr 2010
I actually liked this episode, though I didn't appreciate being side-tracked like that. I find Yayoi to be a rather interesting character now too!

At least I can tolerate her more than I can with Akane.
Jul 31, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2012
tsubasalover said:
So it's about that ponytail woman joining the team?
She has a name... it's Yayoi...
Aug 17, 2013 5:05 AM

Mar 2013
I'm glad Yayoi finally got some screentime.
Sep 16, 2013 3:37 AM

Oct 2009
Well Sasayama was a ass, good riddance :D!
Hopefully we'll have more Yayoi screen time now.
Oct 29, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
Liked the opening song and ending but not the animations.

Poor Kunizuka. :( I really liked learning about her past.

Kougami's old partner was a spitfire...

I kind of don't get Kunizuka, I mean rehab nearly lost her everything but she's trying to make Rina go there? Even though she was told that people rarely make it out healthy? Does she really believe in the Sibyl system or is she just brainwashed. @_@
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 10, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
finally, i've been waiting for EGOIST's All Alone With You to start playing as the ED. It was great to see Yayoi's past.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 15, 2013 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was an interesting one, although perhaps not in the way the creators intended. The character development of Yayoi is fairly decent yet it's ultimately left too thin. Her motive for becoming an enforcer is weak and her relationship with Rina is weak(a random bond through fingernails). But the episode gives us what we rarely ever see in this show and that's life from the outside of the PSBCID. It's too bad the now dead Inspector is so unlikable but I think it makes us as a viewer dislike the sibyl system even more than we already should. It shows what police can get away with when using such a black and white justice system and the episode showed us there is at least some rebellion brewing within these people. I liked seeing that, it was a nice change of pace and I think it flows well with the previous episodes reveal of people being able to manipulate their crime coefficients. I don't particularly care for Yayoi, especially after creating such a weak friendship, having it motivate her so much then trying to attempt to kill her friend so quickly. She seems very simple minded, naive and completely brainwashed by the sibyl system to so easily betray her friends and her culture so easily. At least, that's how she came off to me. I respect her level headed attitude at times but to see such a quick shift for such a small reason(although I can understand if she has been brainwashed into thinking any rebellion is practically sacreligious or treasonous). It does leave her character open for further revelations with the upcoming episodes but I'll have to wait and see. Overall a pretty good episode, I just hope they further expand or develop on the characters they mildly explored this episode later on in the show, even if only briefly.
Dec 6, 2013 10:47 PM

Jul 2009
great episode :D

i'm glad we got some background of Yayoi!!! that Rina chick is hot as hell as well ^^

Gino's hair was short! same with Kougami.

that idiot Sasayama pisses me off, acting like he knows it all.

anyone notice how Yayoi's boobs are much bigger here, compared when she's in a black suit XD

never knew she was in band back then! and wow so they just contain her on a facility and pour some sleeping gas in case they became berserk.

i thought the dominator would obliterate Rina, but at least Kougami tested her if she would really fit as a detective.

though i still don't understand how Yayoi got imprisoned? what happened to her O__O

seems Yayoi has thing with women :)

the new opening and ending are amazing! i lol'd at the ED when they showed most of the male cast being buff as hell, especially Kougami and Gino XD

can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 28, 2013 11:52 PM
Nov 2013
Really glad Yayoi is getting some development, she was oddly lacking in screen time in the first season. Loved the episode.

New OP song is terrible and video is mediocre. Didn't like the last song either though, so whatever. New ED song is ok, video isn't my thing though.

PANDEMlC said:
I don't particularly care for Yayoi, especially after creating such a weak friendship, having it motivate her so much then trying to attempt to kill her friend so quickly. She seems very simple minded, naive and completely brainwashed by the sibyl system to so easily betray her friends and her culture so easily. At least, that's how she came off to me. I respect her level headed attitude at times but to see such a quick shift for such a small reason(although I can understand if she has been brainwashed into thinking any rebellion is practically sacreligious or treasonous). It does leave her character open for further revelations with the upcoming episodes but I'll have to wait and see.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the character, but I really don't have a problem with anime that don't make every single character an agreeable, likable person. As long as they are well developed and show a reason for their way of thinking, it's fine by me.
SatanicBeaverDec 28, 2013 11:57 PM
Dec 29, 2013 10:31 AM

Jun 2012
Why were they all naked?!?!
Dec 30, 2013 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
When in prison, they are treated as zombie, as an executor, they are treated like dog. I don't know which is the worst.

Yayoi story was pretty sad. Having to confront someone you admired, seeing your dream being crushed.

Seriously, music being approved and other dissaproved? That look more like censorship to me than to control criminality. I really hate that Sybille, there are way too much constraints and variables. Yayoi was a potential criminal only because she liked music that wasn't approved by Sybille? Come on...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 2, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
I definitely enjoyed the back story even though sh'es probably one of the least main characters but that's okay. Maybe they'll have more episodes of everyone else's back stories too.
Jan 4, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
Background story was really nice to see :). I guess this was kinda like a prelude for the next episode. We shall see.
Jan 8, 2014 1:02 PM

Aug 2008
As expected, Yayoi is quite the cool chick. I am now waiting to learn about the others: how is it that their crime coefficient became so high and how did they turn out to join the Enforcers team? Well, well. As a matter of fact, I had expected more out of Yayoi getting a high crime coefficient, it was just a mere... artistic delusion, what the heck, this system gives me freaks. The thing is ...I can see that this kind of a system might actually by imposed on, or followed at some point or another in human evolution. It would be quite interesting, and yet terrifying. I just cannot think it is a right way to judge people.

Howsoever, what Rina said was quite true: it was kind of flawed at the end while telling Yayoi that what they needed was power -yeah, but not quite so. As I see things, Yayoi was just infatuated with her. Her reasons do not seem so strong to me (reasons for becoming an Enforcer, and that quite pissed me off. it seemed to me that Rina was more in the right than Yayoi was, which is pretty funny, isn't it?)

I didn't like this episode as much as I liked the latter, but I'm surely looking forward to the next one. I wonder what my sweet Akane-chan is doing, I'm already missing her. I have so high hopes from her. I wonder if she'll meet them (at least some of them, some of my hopes regarding her evolution).
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 9, 2014 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
I personally laughed at the heavy Ernie Ball promotion, they even showed the companies name in credits lol and pink Ernies are.... just... don't buy them, buy the .09 ones, the green pack, or D'Addario XL
Jan 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2012
Aw, I miss the old ED, the new one isn't too bad though. I like the OP as well.
I enjoyed seeing Yayoi's backstory, but as someone stated earlier, I do think her reason for joining was a bit weak.
It was nice getting a look at Sasayama too.
Jan 21, 2014 3:52 AM

Jun 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Pretty classic but well executed flashback. It was time cause Yayoi truly lacked character development. I liked how they introduced the dead inspector in a flashback where he isn't the main focus. He really seems like an asshole, I want to know more about him.

Very solid anime.

This. I finally got to know more about Yayoi. Sasayama was reckless - but badass at the same time.

I like the new OP and ED. But I already missed the previous ones.
Mar 11, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
1. Epic OP song. ED song melody fell flat.

2. I agree with rina's point. We shouldn't let a program judge/control us

3. Feel sorry for yayoi. She has to kill someone who she admires.

4. last ep was full of intensity. this one was just ok.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 13, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
I liked getting to more about Yayoi. This episode really showed a lot of the flaws of the Sybil system.
Mar 14, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Hate the new OP and ED. OP is some stupid boring dumb band ugh old OP was too awesome. When that old ED plays I get chills but with new one I was just bored.

Meh filler ep it's annoying after leaving it on such a good cliff hanger. I wanted to see what's going on with Akane also I was kind of annoyed some random guy pulled the same trick Makashima did when holding someone hostage and his CCO was low (at least for a little while). It was completely anti-climatic.

Edit; I didn't know new character is actually not new but it's that chick from before that I forgot. It's still pretty random filler cause she hasn't had much to do with the plot so far.
ittou_shuraMar 14, 2014 6:47 AM
Apr 9, 2014 9:48 AM
Jun 2013
sybil system is just awful.All it shows is that it takes away freedom how could anyone singn off on it.Also background stories are always nice since it makes the side characters more then decoration.The new ED is kinda eh and whats with all the naked.
Apr 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
That op and ed = ultimate fail :/ (music and art)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 27, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2013
Gotta agree with the rebels, the Sybil system is pretty BS. interesting side story though.
May 28, 2014 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
rewatching

Entertainment ban? That darn DGTO Sibyl.

Not that it was a bad episode... but it's filler compared to the rest.
Jun 2, 2014 6:10 PM

May 2014
Finally some backstory on Yayoi!! I've been waiting for this moment, since we haven't seen much of her. Loved seeing the flashback, and Sasamaya.
Jun 27, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
Young Gino is so hot...
I liked that they used Yayoi's backstory to show how the latent criminals are held.

The flow of the series got kind of awkward here. Felt like a 180 degree turn going from Akane's trauma with her friend to Yayoi's past.
Jul 19, 2014 1:19 AM
Dec 2013
Speed watched this episode. Looking at this thread, I don't think I missed much.
Jul 29, 2014 6:37 PM

Mar 2014
Pknoctis said:
Yea this new OP sucks compared to Abnormalize.

For sure.

As for the episode, it's nice to finally see some character development for Yayoi. Before this episode, she was pretty much just a face in the background.

Also, this episode gives us some more insight on the Sybil system. Seeing that dude's Crime Coefficient go from 96 to 316, after somebody just pissing him off a little more... something is definitely wrong with the system if that's how it judges people, by their emotions.

The show tells a pretty interesting cautionary tale, with how it presents the sybil system and how flawed it is. It really makes me think about our current society, and how controlled we are, even today.
vigorousjammerJul 29, 2014 6:40 PM
::End of Transmission::

Aug 1, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL.

New OP and we finally get some background story for Kunizuka.
Aug 9, 2014 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
I agreed with rina on this ep. People should stop being slaves of a system that is not even working 100& correctly.
And that whole therapy thing was a bs.
Love the new ed song btw
Aug 24, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2014
new OP is kinda meh, but that ED song is just as good as the first one.
Recommend me an anime
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.