Forum Settings
Forums

Saki Achiga-hen Special To Be Extended to 4 Episodes

New
Jan 10, 2013 2:21 AM

Feb 2008
According to Shonen GanGan magazine, Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials was extended to four episodes. Director Ono Manabu said the length of each episode on AT-X channel (27 min) is longer than the normal TV format (20 min), so the total length will be equivalent to more than five episodes. Episode 14 will be aired on January 29th.

Source: Scan of GanGan
NaruleachJan 10, 2013 1:25 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 10, 2013 2:39 AM

May 2011
Jan 10, 2013 2:50 AM

Jun 2010
Why? That series is terrible.

Now the lolis...
The lolis are cool.

But it's like...
Why watch mahjong?
Where's the grittt?
Where's the betting on each others' lives?
Just watch Akagi. Now THAT'S some goddamn manime right there.
Jan 10, 2013 2:55 AM

Jul 2009
Glorious news! Mahjong is serious business.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 10, 2013 3:07 AM
Sep 2010
good news

more moe-jong is always appreciated

I hope that this time we can finally see Shizuno and Arata playing mahjong.
Jan 10, 2013 3:13 AM

Apr 2009
icantfeelmyarms said:

Now the lolis...
The lolis are cool.

But it's like...
Why watch mahjong?
Where's the grittt?

This series is actually about purging demons, didn't you know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drZ1SWxNYb0
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 10, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2010
Good then that means this I can enjoy this series more and I think this way they make the story not too rushed !!
Jan 10, 2013 4:21 AM
Sep 2012
THE TANOSHII MUST CONTINUE
Jan 10, 2013 4:39 AM

Mar 2009
More Saki is never a bad thing.
Jan 10, 2013 4:45 AM

Jun 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
icantfeelmyarms said:

Now the lolis...
The lolis are cool.

But it's like...
Why watch mahjong?
Where's the grittt?

This series is actually about purging demons, didn't you know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drZ1SWxNYb0

I'm not kidding you, somebody needs to cash in on that idea... Screw Hikari no Go or whatever it's called... Make a supernatural mahjong anime. If I don't see an anime like this in my life, I'm gonna be pissed. That idea is fucken cash.

That said, if Saki was that cool, I'd watch it.
Jan 10, 2013 4:48 AM

Jul 2010
Yes more Saki and longer ep :D!!!
Jan 10, 2013 5:00 AM

Nov 2011
Atleast they won't have to rush the anime now, and skip less stuff from the manga.

icantfeelmyarms said:

Now the lolis...
The lolis are cool.

But it's like...
Why watch mahjong?
Where's the grittt?

Saki "the destroyer of dreams" Miyanaga, the Lily Devil, is the Demon overlord that will bring us a thousand years of darkness while she destroys the hopes and dreams of every mortal in this world.

I'd watch it.

So this implies you haven't even seen it?

Learn to form your own opinions.

Mod edit: added spoiler for the image
koleareJan 10, 2013 3:01 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 10, 2013 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Saki "the destroyer of dreams" Miyanaga, the Lily Devil, is the Demon overlord that will bring us a thousand years of darkness while she destroys the hopes and dreams of every mortal in this world.
Oh, she is both God and Demon Lord.... The title of the soundtrack is Kami no Ryoiki -- meaning "The Realm of God" X-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 10, 2013 5:11 AM

May 2011
Wow, that was nice.
Jan 10, 2013 5:21 AM

Aug 2010
It's so subara I tanoshiid. Just air them already!
Jan 10, 2013 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
rederoin said:
Oh, she is both God and Demon Lord.... The title of the soundtrack is Kami no Ryoiki -- meaning "The Realm of God" X-D

The domain of the God is the correct translation, if I'm not mistaken.

Jan 10, 2013 5:35 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
symbv said:
rederoin said:

The domain of the God is the correct translation, if I'm not mistaken.
Don't forget I know Japanese well enough to read LN and manga in Japanese without dictionary. Ryoiki can be translated as Realm or Domain, but I think in Saki's case, realm is more appropriate, as it is referring to her skill having reached the "Realm of God".

Just to be double-sure, I checked a dictionary and found the following entry:

領域 (Ryouiki)
area; department; domain; ground; kingdom; panorama; realm; region; scope; sector; terrain; territory
symbvJan 10, 2013 5:39 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 10, 2013 6:06 AM

Jun 2010
rederoin said:

Lel oh you... Learn to know that some people have opinions other than yours ;>

I've implied nothing, my fair Sir. I believe what I implied was that I didn't like the show. If you bothered to take the 30 seconds to click on my anime list, hit cntrl+f and type "Saki" you'd see I dropped the series.
I did watch three episodes if not a little more, but I don't think I put that info into MAL besides the fact I dropped it.

Know that I have seen several episodes, and I'm not impressed. I'm not going to watch an entire series I don't enjoy after the first several episodes. Dropping an anime after one or two episodes isn't fair in my book.

Anywho c,: think before you speak mayn.

Besides, I've seen that most people either like it or think it's "okay". Wouldn't that make me the minority for not liking it?

Don't you know the only reason I posted that here was to ruffle your jimmies? :>
Jan 10, 2013 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
icantfeelmyarms said:
rederoin said:

Lel oh you... Learn to know that some people have opinions other than yours ;>

Criticizing something is one thing, Criticizing things you haven't seen is a whole other thing. There is a difference between the 2.

Jan 10, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2012
I love Achiga Hen on it's own, for all the moe girls and the awesome seiyu cast, but mahjong is seriously boring as fuck. Especially since they don't even try to portray it realistically, but made some kind of Yu Gi Oh edition out of it with girls having special powers and shooting arrows at each other in the middle of a match and other fucked up shit.... Show could've been much much better

Still, really glad about this announcement!
Jan 10, 2013 6:22 AM

Aug 2008
Watching Saki Achiga hen before watching the original Saki is a really bad idea.

bNq said:
Especially since they don't even try to portray it realistically

Just like many other anime with their fictional/unrealistic stuff?

ZapredonJan 10, 2013 6:46 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 10, 2013 6:45 AM

Jan 2012
jmal said:
bNq said:

AKA the exact reason it's so damn awesome? Supernatural mahjong fuck yeah.
Well, I guess this is indeed one of the appeals of the franchise, just not my cup of tea then probably. But I don't want to bitch about the show or anything, enjoyed it a lot, even though I still don't get the basic rules of mahjong - apart from it being lots of fun apparently and having to watch out for people going RON.

Zapredon said:
Watching Saki Achiga hen before watching the original Saki is a really bad idea.
I've had multiple people telling me that, but I didn't really have any trouble following the "plot" in Achiga Hen, or getting familiar with the characters or anything. And since I don't care about mahjong and only went in for the characters+seiyu, I'll probably take my time with starting the original series.

just noticed your edit now
Zapredon said:
bNq said:

Of course, but there's clearly a difference between the portrayal of basketball in Ro Kyu Bu and the one of mahjong in Saki. I was expecting something more amongst the lines of Softenni, rather than Yu Gi Oh.
bNqJan 10, 2013 7:17 AM
Jan 10, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2008
bNq said:
jmal said:
bNq said:

AKA the exact reason it's so damn awesome? Supernatural mahjong fuck yeah.
Well, I guess this is indeed one of the appeals of the franchise, just not my cup of tea then probably. But I don't want to bitch about the show or anything, enjoyed it a lot, even though I still don't get the basic rules of mahjong - apart from it being lots of fun apparently and having to watch out for people going RON.

Zapredon said:
I've had multiple people telling me that, but I didn't really have any trouble following the "plot" in Achiga Hen, or getting familiar with the characters or anything. And since I don't care about mahjong and only went in for the characters+seiyu, I'll probably take my time with starting the original series.

just noticed your edit now
Zapredon said:
bNq said:

Of course, but there's clearly a difference between the portrayal of basketball in Ro Kyu Bu and the one of mahjong in Saki. I was expecting something more amongst the lines of Softenni, rather than Yu Gi Oh.

Just wait until you watch Kuroko no Basuke or Pirnce of Tennis where you got a bunch of Japanese school boys that will make Michael Jordan and Roger Federer pi$$ their pants.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 10, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2012
Sorry, I don't watch shit shows.

//and my avatar changed itself once again, the hell is wrong with this site
Jan 10, 2013 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
...This is why I don't post more often. Stop feeding the troll, guys!

icantfeelmyarms said:
Don't you know the only reason I posted that here was to ruffle your jimmies? :>

Haha, what a nice phrase to use.

Anyways, this is a bit problematic. Achiga's pacing is already horrendous. Of course, judging from the latest chapter, it wouldn't really fit in 15 episodes. But this problem wouldn't have happened if they decided to make Achiga 2-cour instead. Like. 1-12 during last year and the remaining episodes now.

More Saki is still good but I hope they don't have pacing issues again.

Jan 10, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2009
Saki > Akagi

I'm glad that they are putting alot of effort to fully tell the story without rushing anything, I approve of this!
Jan 10, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
icantfeelmyarms said:

Now the lolis...
The lolis are cool.

But it's like...
Why watch mahjong?
Where's the grittt?

seriously? sighh....achiga-hen is so intense throughout every match. Or did you not even bother to watch all of it? Toki risked her life to play in her match.

Jan 10, 2013 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
I've never been happier to hear such amazing news in my life

Jan 10, 2013 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
bippo said:

I couldn't have said it better myself :3

Jan 11, 2013 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
Takei_Hisa said:
bippo said:

I couldn't have said it better myself :3

Yes, let the tanoshii continue
Jan 11, 2013 2:36 AM

Dec 2011
More Saki is always good news.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 15, 2013 12:42 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome news! I was waiting for this announcement, mere 3 episodes weren't enough for semifinal match, even if slightly longer.

icantfeelmyarms said:

Now the lolis...
The lolis are cool.

But it's like...
Why watch mahjong?
Where's the grittt?
Matches in Saki aren't as drawn out as Akagi vs Washizu. Really, the only thing that stopped me from giving Akagi 10/10. I think Saki isn't much below Akagi in terms of quality and definitely is better as longer series, next season of Akagi wouldn't be as good while Saki is still as exciting as always thanks to different setting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
3 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.