Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2008 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Girls in their element?
Ino is really a scary girl, even when they managed to make her somehow kawaii (Nodoka deja-vu when opening her curtain)
And how is that hairstyle called which Torako made for Ushio? I've seen it often (Busou Renkin, for instance), but don't know how to call that.
Nov 26, 2008 3:21 PM

Nov 2008
Very nice episode! Tsubomiya Inori is great! She can be Sadako Yamamura from Ringu or Miss Pure virgin to marry. Tsubomiya Inori most appealing thing is that dark aura and the fact she scares people.

My most LOL moment was at the hair change scenes! Hilarious! Here how I illustrate it since pic posting is allowed on this forum. Do not worry I will not abuse like that person angel999 and I will put in spoilers if anyone says so in this thread.

NOtice the difference and you might figure it out why to me this is LOL so much in this episode. Made my day this one as well. When I found out that the teacher's hari was changed this also made my LOL of the day. So much fun in anime. Nice! ;)

Old Inori:

New Inori:

The teacher cracked me up with his new hair style by Torako!

HoaRy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Girls in their element?
Ino is really a scary girl, even when they managed to make her somehow kawaii (Nodoka deja-vu when opening her curtain)
And how is that hairstyle called which Torako made for Ushio? I've seen it often (Busou Renkin, for instance), but don't know how to call that.

About that compare this and you might figure it out:

After subs thoughts

Well there is definite Ringu parody playing around. BTW Suzume is wrong about getting cursed, you have to watch the tape. Just shows she believes some stuff too serious. Inori needs someone to teach her make-up/grooming.

45% on the quiz? O_O Torako most likely will never get into a university like that, most likely not even college.

It was fun all the way and would re-watch this many times over but not in one week but would re-watch it sometime for sure.
slayer545-samaDec 2, 2008 10:46 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 27, 2008 9:51 AM
Feb 2008
I'm so glad that they finally had an episode on Tsubomiyo Inori...been waiting for an intro/episode about her since the beginning of the series. Certainly didn't disappointed at all...in fact, I LOL-ed so much during the entire time. It was great being able to see different hairstyles for the other characters as well.

Never knew make-overs would be so fun, hahaha~
Nov 28, 2008 2:29 AM
Jul 2008
omg.. firstly.. i lol'd so much... REALLY HILARIOUS AGAIN..

and the last part.. the teacher and the ushio.. LOL..
like tokki said.. i nv knew make-overs are so fun..
Nov 30, 2008 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
from gravure to hair fashion, this show has everything LOL
Pretty fun ep Suzu should change to one of the hair style in this ep, they look better than her current one
(This show need better directing though, some of the jokes were killed by bad directing)

Dec 2, 2008 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
Superb episode, everything was hilarious, from the misunderstanding in the beginning in the bathroom to the makeovers in the end. Torako combing the teacher's hair was great and the fact that he showed up "evolved" the next day was classic.

Hyakko is certainly one of the highlights of this season.
Dec 2, 2008 2:40 PM

Jan 2007
Very cute episode. Ino is a nice character. Loved how it went from helping out Ino to everyone having a little fun.
Dec 2, 2008 3:22 PM
Aug 2007
Interesting how they took the serious issue of social anxiety and made it into comedy.

But I must say, I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. Next we need a Touma centric episode.
Dec 2, 2008 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
Haha, cute ep! I figured Inori will be a nice, but shy person.. "You'll die in 7 days!"
Dec 2, 2008 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
Inori > World.

I had been thinking that she looked like Sadako for a long time, and they finally brought it up.
They also made fun of Inori in that fake episode preview, when she comes out of the well :3
Dec 2, 2008 6:07 PM
Apr 2008
So the most prettiest girl in the anime can become the most tseitterp girl just by hair make over right???? XDDD
Dec 2, 2008 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
I have to agree about what a good job they did with taking such a heavy subject like suicidal lonelyness and dealing with it in a funny but respectful way.
This was one of the best episodes I have seen so far.
Dec 2, 2008 6:29 PM
Oct 2007
Best episode out of the 8 that has aired. I laughed throughout the whole episode unlike the previous 7 where half was good and half was boring.
Dec 2, 2008 7:35 PM

Aug 2008
I lol'ed so hard during the bathroom scene, haha. It's probably my fave highlight out of the episode.

Although it may not be shocking anymore to see a kawaii factor in girls with their face covered by the hair, I think I got that weird moe sense tingling. Or it could be just my perviness.
Dec 2, 2008 8:07 PM

Sep 2007
Oh man Suzu is just hilarious and Torako is definitely the best character in the show. I actually think Nene's new hair style is much better than her regular one.
Dec 2, 2008 9:39 PM
Jul 2008
anatomized said:
Inori > World.

I had been thinking that she looked like Sadako for a long time, and they finally brought it up.
They also made fun of Inori in that fake episode preview, when she comes out of the well :3

They have brought it up already in 6th episode after ending :D

I have to agree, best episode so far, however i liked most of them nearly as much. And my fav scene was from the bathroom too i guess, tough hard to tell, whole ep was hilarious.

Edit: ops i have just read 2nd part of your post, nvm then xD
Dec 2, 2008 10:41 PM
Jan 2008
Awesome episode! I love Ring parodies so much. <3 This series seems to get better and better, I hope they keep it up.
Dec 2, 2008 11:40 PM

Nov 2008
I was meant to ask this to ALL

Anyone notice the OP having certain elements added that were not there in the previous OPs of the previous episodes?
Dec 3, 2008 1:34 AM

Feb 2008
ahahaha great The Ring reference. Good job Suzu. XD

But Ino is absolutely adorable <3

slayer545 said:

New Inori:

Can't get enough <3
Dec 3, 2008 4:12 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
ahahaha great The Ring reference. Good job Suzu. XD

But Ino is absolutely adorable <3

slayer545 said:

New Inori:

Can't get enough <3

Ok, I said in other posts earlier to be honest to me is important within MAL. Well, I can't get enough of Inori either in that new look of hers. Truly someone should teach her about the whole make-up and grooming. I wonder how is her family? Mom/Dad must look quite something. I could not even grasp how they might look. XD
Dec 3, 2008 4:52 AM
Jul 2008
one of the funnier episode.. LOL..

i was laughing my way during the sub.. even though i watched the raw..
well it happened many times with hyakko already..

i'm still laughing..HAHAHAHA..
the teacher was so cool.. LOL..
Dec 3, 2008 5:20 AM

Aug 2008
Finally Ino's episode. It looks like next ep belongs to Minato (maybe — can never tell from the previews).

slayer545 said:

Anyone notice the OP having certain elements added that were not there in the previous OPs of the previous episodes?
No I hadn't. Like what?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 3, 2008 5:36 AM

Nov 2008
JadeMatrix said:
Finally Ino's episode. It looks like next ep belongs to Minato (maybe — can never tell from the previews).

slayer545 said:

No I hadn't. Like what?

Certain characters having different scene showing them in the OP. There is not much change but I keep thinking that some characters are shown differently. I guess the easiest way to explain is certain frames have perhaps different angles than the previous OPs of those characters.
Dec 3, 2008 5:41 AM
Jul 2008
Yeah, i have noticed that right away, tough i almost never watch that imo crappy opening of Hyakko. I think they are trying to improve it a bit, but they still fail.

And btw, gomen Sadako was also epic part :D
Dec 3, 2008 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
For once, I laughed the entire 24 minutes (exception for the NEW op and ed). :D

Torako and Suzume sang the same song in the toilet! >__<
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 3, 2008 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
Too bad Touma didn't get her hair done.
Dec 3, 2008 11:32 AM

Nov 2007
The bathroom scene was awesome, reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from School Rumble.
Dec 3, 2008 1:03 PM

Aug 2008
A pretty funny episode, but I was really caught off guard by the lack of quality. Was anything actually animated this episode?
Dec 3, 2008 6:17 PM

Jan 2008
noteDhero said:
A pretty funny episode, but I was really caught off guard by the lack of quality. Was anything actually animated this episode?

Right! I loved the epi too, but it looked like flat carboard cut-outs on a CG frame. The backgounds had depth and the carecters were 2D and mostly static.

Oh well, the writting is awesome. if theyed spend a bit for actual animated characters, The entire package would excell
Dec 3, 2008 11:01 PM
Oct 2008
Not a bad episode there was alot of touching moments but i think that at times they ruined it with awkward humor that took it away from the main story but overall this isnt a terrible show
Dec 4, 2008 3:02 AM

Dec 2007
the teacher and the delinquent's hair style was sooo FUNNY!! omg.. everybody laughed so much when they saw his nerdy hair.. gahahaha.. really funny.. nice episode
Dec 4, 2008 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
The best episode so far :D

it did remind me a bit of School Rumble
Dec 4, 2008 11:34 PM

Jan 2008
Everyone got a hair change :3

Ino looked great.
Dec 7, 2008 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah that was another great Episode.
At the beginning of part 1 , I felt sorry for ghost girl Ino ,
who never had friends before.
The part with the hairstyles was very funny, I laughed so much.

I really love that Anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2008 6:50 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this ep.

Torako can get on well with anyone XD

And I really can't get enough of the Nene jokes. They crack me up.

Ushio's hair kinda reminded me of something out of Cromartie. Maybe that's because it's to do with delinquents he he he.
Dec 14, 2008 11:40 PM

Dec 2008
Kirky said:

Yeah Nene is cool
I hope there will a Nene centered episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2008 4:40 AM
Dec 2008
I absolutely loved this episode. Like some of the other posters here, I though that Tsubomiya-san deserved an episode of her own... and when they made it, it didn't disappoint. I was laughing so violently that I broke one of the wheels off the chair I was sitting on (during the bathroom scene). The Ring references were perfectly executed.

With regard to noteDhero's comment, I've watched a few minutes of the RAWs for episodes 9 and 10, and the quality does seem to be getting a bit flat. This is often the case for short series made on a light budget. Drops in production quality usually occur in the middle of a series, but pick up towards the end (There are exceptions to this general rule, most notably "Last Exile"... but I'll leave that for discussion elsewhere). I guess producers like to go out on a bang in the hopes that the networks and sponsors pick up the sequel.
DBailey635Dec 18, 2008 1:49 AM
Dec 17, 2008 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Leinel said:
Torako and Suzume sang the same song in the toilet! >__<

That was too cute. About a dog wasn't it? Bless em.

Fabienne said:
Kirky said:

Yeah Nene is cool
I hope there will a Nene centered episode

Man i'd love that ep if they did it! She rocks.

DBailey635 said:

With regard to noteDhero's comment, I've watched a few minutes of the RAWs for episodes 9 and 10, and the quality does seem to be getting a bit flat. This is often the case for short series made on a light budget. Drops in production quality usually occur in the middle of a series, but pick up towards the end (There are exceptions to this general rule, most notably "Last Exile"... but I'll leave that for discussion elsewhere). I guess producers like to go out on a bang in the hopes that the networks and sponsors pick up the sequel.

I was noticing the lack of quality the last few eps. It kinda sucks, but I dunno, I feel it gives it some kinda edge. Haha, rather than production levels up the yazoo. Meh, I'm just impatiently waiting for episode 9 to be subbed :3.
Jan 5, 2009 5:57 PM

Apr 2007
very cute indeed, I loved it <3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 10, 2009 5:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, that was great. I cracked up when Torako went to the teacher and started taking care of his hairstyle. Hilarious. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 29, 2009 9:21 AM
Oct 2008
HoaRy said:

It's called the "pompadour" and, in Japan, is commonly associated with delinquent types, although it was originally made in the 50's by Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and the like.
May 2, 2009 9:13 AM

Mar 2009
Great episode loved how Torako was sneaking up and doing everyones hair.

Jul 10, 2009 1:36 PM

May 2009
My favourite episode so far, Ino was amazing^^
Aug 17, 2009 6:18 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, Ino is really cute!

That and it was really funny seeing Tora-chan going around and doing everybody's hair. XD
Jan 2, 2010 7:31 AM

Aug 2009
"Sadako, sorry" this made me laugh so hard x3
Mar 31, 2010 1:14 PM

Jan 2010
lol, Ino is similiar to Kuronuma Sawako from kimi ni todoke.
and.. omg, i like the teacher's old look ._.
Nov 16, 2011 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Oh. . . . . THIS EPISODE xD Suzume so cute here.

This episode scared me a bit..But I really loved it lol :)
Apr 4, 2013 4:27 PM

Jul 2011
This was most definitely one of my fav episodes of tihs series. Re watching it doesn't take the humor away. I love it still!

haha all those hairdo's , and some were even better than their regular ones. Poor Ino, she looked way different before and after. Too bad she couldn't keep doing har hair and make up like that. :/

LMAO at the end, with sensei doing his hair like that again, and "upgrading" it.
And also at the "delinquent" also bring her hair the same, although Torako didn't pay attention to her made it all the more funny.
Sep 13, 2017 1:57 AM

Jul 2015
That was a stylish episode, Ino would be adorable with some help.

The teacher keeping (and improving) the change was awesome.
Nov 18, 2020 2:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Ino she just wanted to make friends (at the beginning) nice that she has friends now, and she looks cute with that relooking, well it was really fun to see everyone with a nice hairstyle etc, especially the sensei lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 7 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 19, 2008

43 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 2, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

58 by HanamiDango »»
Feb 25, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 8, 2008

73 by _lxna_ »»
Jan 22, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RandomOugi - Oct 1, 2008

101 by _lxna_ »»
Jan 22, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

46 by JuneGuts »»
Jan 19, 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.