Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
i dont understand why he left his son behind and all these weird clues..

& it is really Sad to see how much Gon cares about someone that Left Him!! :c
Jan 8, 2013 5:44 PM
Oct 2011
Simple: Ging wants Gon to be the one who takes responsibility of himself. He wants Gon to go through the hardships of life and survive them, to live life the way Ging lived it and learn from his own mistakes other than just playing the spoiled brat and the caring father. A great example to that is the Chimera Ant arc where Gon goes through a lot of hardships that you feel he's a whole different character by the end of the arc than the cheerful Gon we all know.

Gon on the other hand is curious, curious to see what's that world and the reason that made his father abandon him, so he just followed his steps and the clues Ging left behind him.
Candor123Jan 8, 2013 5:50 PM
Jan 8, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2009
I totally imagined the topic title being said in some ultra whiny tone. And, what Candor said.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 8, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
i thought the point of being a Dad was to teach your son/daughter to learn from your mistakes..not have them experience them all over again!!

Ging is Immature & a major Jerk ! I Can't Wait For Gon To Punch Him In The Face !
Jan 8, 2013 8:10 PM
Oct 2011
Celastias said:
i thought the point of being a Dad was to teach your son/daughter to learn from your mistakes..not have them experience them all over again!!

Ging is Immature & a major Jerk ! I Can't Wait For Gon To Punch Him In The Face !
But is what Gon doing a mistake? If he stayed in Whale Island he wouldn't have met new people and had all those adventures, and he wouldn't have met Killua too. Ging lived those adventures and met a lot of new interesting people (as we'll see in Greed Island) and had a lot of fun, and he just wanted Gon to live the adventures he lived.

Though anyway, don't worry, Ging will get one hell of a punch in the face(though not from Gon). He appears in the recent arc and he is actually a jerk.
Candor123Jan 8, 2013 8:14 PM
Jan 8, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2012
lol :) i didnt want to sound Soo angry but him leaving behind his son who still loves him is really heartbreaking :(
Jan 8, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
He wants his son to grow up and become a MAN!!!! perhaps even a better man than Ging ever was!!! xD

Besides, Ging probably isnt cut out to be a father anyway...
Jan 8, 2013 11:45 PM
Dec 2012
There are two answers to this,

1. The first boring answer is simply that the author created "Ging" to be a long-term goal for the story and main character (Gon)

2. The second answer (pretending that HxH is real) revolves around the personality of Ging. Thus far as an Anime viewer, he comes across as a perhaps reckless or apathethic maverick that happens to be a very powerful Hunter.

Assuming that he has no ulterior motives and you believe his recordings, then he does not care about Gon, and "only about himself."

I don't believe that is entirely the case, and as the story continues to unravel, we see that Ging may have pre-planned a path for Gon.

Yes, I think we can all agree that Ging puts the capital A in Asshole for abandoning Gon and not properly raising him.

-----------------

But the real story is that Ging is actually a womanizer that has traveled the world, spreading his seed across the winds of the world. You see, there are dozens of "Gons" running around, of which he does not care about. This is why Hisoka is so friendly towards Gon because he realizes that they are actually brothers.

Gon will form a romantic relationship with Bisquit, causing Killua to go insane and finally, I am eagerly awaiting a NTR ending where Gon comes home from a hard day at work and finds Ging in his bed with Bisquit.

The End.
Jan 9, 2013 12:03 AM
Oct 2011
Leaulux said:
There are two answers to this,

1. The first boring answer is simply that the author created "Ging" to be a long-term goal for the story and main character (Gon)

2. The second answer (pretending that HxH is real) revolves around the personality of Ging. Thus far as an Anime viewer, he comes across as a perhaps reckless or apathethic maverick that happens to be a very powerful Hunter.

Assuming that he has no ulterior motives and you believe his recordings, then he does not care about Gon, and "only about himself."

I don't believe that is entirely the case, and as the story continues to unravel, we see that Ging may have pre-planned a path for Gon.

Yes, I think we can all agree that Ging puts the capital A in Asshole for abandoning Gon and not properly raising him.

-----------------

But the real story is that Ging is actually a womanizer that has traveled the world, spreading his seed across the winds of the world. You see, there are dozens of "Gons" running around, of which he does not care about. This is why Hisoka is so friendly towards Gon because he realizes that they are actually brothers.

Gon will form a romantic relationship with Bisquit, causing Killua to go insane and finally, I am eagerly awaiting a NTR ending where Gon comes home from a hard day at work and finds Ging in his bed with Bisquit.

The End.
Except that Biscuit is a hag, why would they fight over her in the first place? Try making the theorie again in the next arc, it'd be more fun (since

Anyway, there's seriously no need to overthink the matter, the answer is really simple: Ging is a tsundere.
Candor123Jan 9, 2013 12:14 AM
Jan 9, 2013 12:12 AM

Nov 2012
Yea, Ging is a bastard. Especially at one point in the story I really felt like jumping in to the Manga and kicking him in the shin. I hope Gon never find his Dad cause it'll just traumatized him to find such a lousy father. He doesn't even have the guts to bring his own son up.

Then again, Ging's probably made lots of enemies and maybe he left Gon to someone else's care so that Gon wouldn't be hunted down by one of Ging's nemesis... but we never know.

Plus, I'm little confused... Ging was smart enough to leave all those clues for Gon to find him, so why is Gon an idiot so naive? Unlike his witty dad...
Jan 9, 2013 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
Ging is an asshole, Greed Island already costs billions to obtain. When Gon finally found a way to play the game it turns out there was no clue at all. Not to mention he is now stuck in the game with no way out unless you clear the game, oh, and you might die. But you are my 11 year old son so you should be okay.

Parenting, you are doing it wrong.
Jan 9, 2013 9:48 AM
Aug 2012
Ging is not mean he is a wise man

he just want gon to be responssible to become a real man
Jan 9, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2007
Vandalyzm said:
Ging is an asshole, Greed Island already costs billions to obtain. When Gon finally found a way to play the game it turns out there was no clue at all. Not to mention he is now stuck in the game with no way out unless you clear the game, oh, and you might die. But you are my 11 year old son so you should be okay.

No way out of Greed Island?
Jan 9, 2013 10:44 AM
Oct 2011
BlackListHunter said:
Vandalyzm said:

No way out of Greed Island?
He must've missed that in the info dump of episode 61.

@Vandalyzm
If you noticed in the recent episode there was someone who used a card and said that only with this card one can get one out of the game, but if he remains outside of the game for 10+ hours all the data he saved will be lost. Gon is clearing the game to find clues about his father, it was made by him and 'his friends' afterall, so not finding any clue is highly unlikely.
Jan 9, 2013 9:24 PM
Dec 2012
PronedToManga said:
Yea, Ging is a bastard. Especially at one point in the story I really felt like jumping in to the Manga and kicking him in the shin. I hope Gon never find his Dad cause it'll just traumatized him to find such a lousy father. He doesn't even have the guts to bring his own son up.

Then again, Ging's probably made lots of enemies and maybe he left Gon to someone else's care so that Gon wouldn't be hunted down by one of Ging's nemesis... but we never know.

Plus, I'm little confused... Ging was smart enough to leave all those clues for Gon to find him, so why is Gon an idiot so naive? Unlike his witty dad...

Hmmmngggghhh. The idea of hiding his son from his enemies totally did not cross my mind. That is likely why he "abandoned" Gon.

As for Gon not having his fathers intellect, he probably was concieved by a prostitute that Ging unfortunely knocked up who was also a hardcore alcoholic and excessive smoker kukuku
Jan 10, 2013 3:58 AM
Oct 2011
Leaulux said:

Hmmmngggghhh. The idea of hiding his son from his enemies totally did not cross my mind. That is likely why he "abandoned" Gon.
Too cliche and generic, won't happen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.