Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2013 4:25 PM

Oct 2012
Hey guys! I wonder if anyone can recommend me some anime about excessive drug using or anything addictive that affects the consciousnesses? anything psychedelic will really appreciate it, thanks
_Gorz_Jan 8, 2013 4:28 PM
Jan 8, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2008
mhm, there's an episode in Cowboy Bebop and Serial Experiments Lain, but that's not really the main focus of either of the shows..

Mind Game is also very trippy xD

I haven't read it yet, but maybe you should read this
Jan 8, 2013 4:53 PM

Dec 2011
Drug usage (besides tobacco) is pretty frowned upon in Japan, so you won't find many, if any, with a focus on hard core drug usage.

There are anime with episodes involving some drug instances or references though: Beatbox Bandits in Samurai Champloo that involves marijuana.
Mushroom Samba from Cowboy Bebop
Welcome to the NHK has a bit of drug usage, but not in the anime.
Jan 8, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
Trava
Jan 8, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun use something like drug called Level Upper.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 8, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2008
I don't think that's the kind of drugs the author is looking for.
Jan 8, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2009
The first one or two episodes in Serial Experiments Lain deal with a drug. I think the Red Eye from Cowby Bebop counts more, though. There's some in Black Lagoon, as well as Samurai Champloo where the characters get high off of burning weed. Kara no Kyoukai 7 deals with hardcore drugs, but you need to see 1-6 first.

One of the characters in Onii-sama e... overdoses on prescription drugs regularly.

Youd get a few more options if you also wanted manga, but Japan is very, VERY strict on drugs, and there's virtually nothing about them in anime and manga.
Jan 8, 2013 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
I don't think the japanese do a lot of drugs. Whenever they mention weed in a manga they act like it's super addictive and deadly. Laughed my ass off when the osaka team in gantz were all smoking weed before raping and murdering and generally going on a rampage. That's the last thing you wanna do when you're stoned.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast

More topics from this board

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
9 minutes ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
1 hour ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - 11 hours ago

3 by JKKH »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 6 hours ago

1 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

9 by iamnottesslol »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.