Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 8, 2013 12:30 AM
I've only recently started to watch animes, a bunch. Right now i'm looking to watch all of the best animes out there right now. Currently I'm only watching dubbed Animes, because I multitask when I watch them and can't understand Japanese.

Animes I've watched and my rating for them
Gurren Lagann 8.5/10
Death note 8/10 First half 7/10 second half
Cowboy Bebop 10/10
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 9/10
Fullmetal Alchemist 9/10
Dragonball 8/10
Dragonball Z 6/10
Dragonball GT 2/10
Naruto 5/10

That's all I've seen for now. Any recommendations?

Jan 8, 2013 12:33 AM
You can try Bleach or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Jan 8, 2013 12:36 AM

You definitely have to check out Code Geass if you haven't done so already. There aren't any dubs though.

Jan 8, 2013 12:38 AM
DesolateOne said:
You definitely have to check out Code Geass if you haven't done so already. There aren't any dubs though.

That is one I was looking at checking out before I saw that it wasn't dubbed. As much as I would like to watch it, It's just not an option for me right now.

Jan 8, 2013 12:40 AM

Origination said:
DesolateOne said:

That is one I was looking at checking out before I saw that it wasn't dubbed. As much as I would like to watch it, It's just not an option for me right now.

so u only watch dubbed anime?

Jan 8, 2013 12:43 AM

I heard Black Lagoon was dubbed.

Jan 8, 2013 12:50 AM
Code Geass is dubbed though, not sure why you guys are telling him otherwise.

Jan 8, 2013 12:57 AM

skudoops said:

This.
One of the best dubs I may add.

Jan 8, 2013 1:02 AM
SunInSplendor said:
Origination said:
DesolateOne said:

so u only watch dubbed anime?
I mostly listen to it, and I only really watch it when a major event happens, so yes, I only watch dubs.

Jan 8, 2013 1:04 AM
Raikozen said:
skudoops said:

This.

Really it's dubbed? Where can I find it at?

Jan 8, 2013 1:06 AM
Raikozen said:
skudoops said:

This.

Even better than Bebop's dub?

Jan 8, 2013 1:06 AM

Origination said:
Raikozen said:
skudoops said:

This.

Just Google "Code Geass Dubbed" if you want to stream it.
A lot of torrents should be offering Dual Audio Code Geass (Avoid looking at Nyaa.eu, they only have it subbed)

Origination said:
Raikozen said:
skudoops said:

This.

Haven't watched Bebop, but it is definitely better than the subbed Code Geass IMO.
I find the Dub perfect, plus it's also an amazing anime.

Jan 8, 2013 1:09 AM
Raikozen said:
Origination said:
Raikozen said:
skudoops said:

This.

Just Google "Code Geass Dubbed" if you want to stream it.
A lot of torrents should be offering Dual Audio Code Geass (Avoid looking at Nyaa.eu, they only have it subbed)

Origination said:
Raikozen said:
skudoops said:

This.

Haven't watched Bebop, but it is definitely better than the subbed Code Geass IMO.
I find the Dub perfect, plus it's also an amazing anime.

Hmm, alright then. I don't know why I thought it was only subbed... eh whatever, I'll check it out now. Thanks for the help.

Jan 8, 2013 1:39 AM

Klimat said:

This. Highly recommended anime with awesome dub.

Jan 8, 2013 1:41 AM

Armored Trooper Votoms.

Jan 12, 2013 1:14 PM
4 Eps into Code Geass. I don't know if I'm liking it that much. Maybe because I just watched death note and so far it feels like the exact same plot? Random school boy gets a power that can kill people, wants to change the world in his own way even though it's wrong?

Jan 12, 2013 1:27 PM
If you watched death note recently then skip code geass for now, it's somewhat similar in many aspects. I'd recommend going with black lagoon or vampire hunter D: bloodlust for shows with great dubs. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is actually on youtube.

Jan 12, 2013 1:29 PM

zetsuboSensei said:
Klimat said:

This. Highly recommended anime with awesome dub.

"I say we kneecap this pussy and throw him overboard"
GREAT DUB
IntelligentPerson said:
You can block their mac address
OtherPerson said:
Mac? But I'm on Windows.

Jan 12, 2013 1:32 PM

Origination said:
4 Eps into Code Geass. I don't know if I'm liking it that much. Maybe because I just watched death note and so far it feels like the exact same plot? Random school boy gets a power that can kill people, wants to change the world in his own way even though it's wrong?
Its not exactly the same. It is really good though.

Jan 12, 2013 2:12 PM

Black Lagoon
Baccano!
Spice and Wolf

Jan 12, 2013 2:19 PM

Outlaw Star
Ghost in the shell - all of it
Ergo Proxy
The Legend of Black Heaven

Don't know how they are dubbed, but they are dubbed, and are great...

Jan 12, 2013 2:37 PM

Ummm.... One Piece? While I normally hesitate to recommend any of the long-running shounen, I do feel that story-wise it's better than Naruto by far.

Trigun - Decent dub, solid sci-fi series.

Soul Eater- excelent dub, and while the ending has a bad rap the rest of the series is quite good.

Baccano! - a fantastic dub and a fantastic series. However, it's complex enough that you can't really multitask while watching it.

The Big O - good schi-fi series, and a good dub to go along with it.

Steins;Gate - Decent dub. It starts out a little slowly, so you would have to have a bit of patience, but if you can stick it out then it's a fabulous series.

Scrapped Princess - It's more of a fantasy/action, decent dub, seems like it might be up your alley.

Hikaru no Go - it's a shounen, but with some really intense games. I'd really emphasize giving it a shot without outright dismissing it. Surprisingly fun.

Jan 12, 2013 3:00 PM
I agree with bleach, or elfen lied or maybe even...eden of the east pretty sure all these you can get dubbed, I only watch subbed so Im not 100%. What about movies?

Jan 12, 2013 5:23 PM

Hmm, Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji? It's dubbed and I personally love the dub anyway. It's kinda hard to classify it, though, because it's drawn like shojo, has topics that are seinen, but it is officially shonen. There's not much cussing, either.(that I remember)

Also, Deadman Wonderland. It's very violent, though, and some of the censorship is annoying, but I really like the anime. I personally like it subbed better, because I don't like Shiro's voice in the dub, but it's all personal preference. Also the dub has a lot of cussing/bleeping out.

Jan 13, 2013 9:44 AM

Watch Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. One of my top 3 favorites, about a hour and a half long, yet with great plot progression, and the best dub of any anime I've ever watched. In fact, I like the dub much better, since the dialogue seems to have more meaning.

Jan 13, 2013 11:51 AM

Origination said:
Currently I'm only watching dubbed Animes, because I multitask when I watch them and can't understand Japanese.

You can watch anything then. Any dubbed series longer than 26 episodes should be fine as background noise and moving colors.

Jan 13, 2013 7:14 PM
BTBAM said:
Watch Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. One of my top 3 favorites, about a hour and a half long, yet with great plot progression, and the best dub of any anime I've ever watched. In fact, I like the dub much better, since the dialogue seems to have more meaning.

I've seen that, it was very good. Couldn't say the same for the anime itself though.

Jan 13, 2013 7:31 PM

It seems you like action and shounen so......

Ao No Exorcist

Sword Art Online

Jan 13, 2013 7:45 PM
Mkayyy said:
Origination said:
Its not exactly the same. It is really good though.
true...i think code geass is better than death note..especialy code geass s2
hey you..that middle finger is looking at you

Jan 17, 2013 7:30 AM
MEanimaniac1 said:
It seems you like action and shounen so......

Ao No Exorcist

Sword Art Online

Well, that's all I've really watched so far, I've liked and disliked them. I'm always willing to watch new things, as long as it's good.

And to everyone else, Thanks for your posts, I've taken note of every suggestion so far and will get to wathing some of them. Currently watching Trigun now. Thanks for the help! If you have any other suggestions feel free to drop by and I'll add em to my list.

I have to say though, the ending theme for Trigun is pretty bad. Lol. But it's addicting.
Modified by Origination, Jan 17, 2013 7:50 AM