Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 26, 2013 8:45 PM
Jun 2013
Watch the very last episode... in my opinion it's why people like code geass, and lelouch, so much... the rest of it just helps you to understand that episode better.
Apr 3, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
For me personally, I heard of it from a friend and he said it was amazing. While watching I enjoyed parts but the small parts of it I liked were dragging me through the rest of the show. It's one of those shows that just makes me upset to think of, there are a lot of things I didn't like and no one has ever shed light on an example of the good aspects of the show. It may take a forced re-watch or something, but for now I don't agree with the over the top ratings.
Apr 8, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2014
People like shows like code geass and death note because of the 'game'.
These are usually intelligent people who like the show for being unpredictable and smart. This is what makes these kinds of shows unique too.
Apr 8, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2012
It because I root Lelouch x CC
Apr 10, 2014 7:58 PM
Nov 2010
When you truly understand it, you will enjoy it. If you don't, well you're most likely one of those ppl who think there's a ton of flaws or some crap.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Apr 11, 2014 3:20 PM

Nov 2012
Fundog said:
When you truly understand it, you will enjoy it. If you don't, well you're most likely one of those ppl who think there's a ton of flaws or some crap.
I know right? People should look in the mirror before they judge a anime in the top 30 if not the top 60.
Apr 11, 2014 8:55 PM
Apr 2014
I made it through episode 6 with the cat chase and am having a hard time continuing. The first couple episodes were still watchable even with the ridiculous amount of tropes it was lighthearted fun, but I'm wondering if it picks up again or if its just not for me.
Apr 12, 2014 1:56 PM

Feb 2012
johnyjohny said:
Fundog said:
I know right? People should look in the mirror before they judge a anime in the top 30 if not the top 60.

most people are retarded.
Apr 29, 2014 5:50 PM
Apr 2014
I'm browsing this thread with the same question as the OP. I'm new to anime and I don't want to miss anything precious, but still after one episode I don't want to watch anymore because:

The art style. The level of disproportion with the spider-like, praying mantis-style arms and legs of the characters is waaay too high for my liking - everybody looks awkward to me. This is also the first anime I've seen with overtly-glamorized male characters with feminine features. Major, major strike out for me. I'd understand if it was a style to give a single character for some flair but as a general style for the male cast, HELL NO.

At the risk of sounding like a troll, if I preferred girls to be very underweight and liked smooching dudes, I'd probably like the art style.

They also made the chess analogy so tactless and contrived, it's like they wanted you to know immediately it would keep happening. I can't take that risk.
Apr 29, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
Entry level.
May 1, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
I'd love to tell you why, but to be honest, I don't know myself. I've already watched about a half of the first season, and uhm... characters are so empty, and emotionless, and the whole anime is trying to be so wise and serious. All the series is nothing original, and uh... I mean, I haven't watched the whole piece, but I really doubt that it's gonna get much better than it is now. ACtually, I think I'm gonna just drop it.
But, one good thing I don't understand: actually it's pretty easy to watch, somehow. I don't know why. xD
Paws paws paws paws paws paws paws
Neko Neko Paws
Paws is what I like
I'm a paws obsessed person, I could look at kitties' paws all my lifetime.
Jul 1, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2012
I think it's overrated in my opinion
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 28, 2014 5:54 AM

Feb 2012
Lack of originality usually does not bother me but here, people think Code Geass is so innovative and mature. In reality it tones down its politics and oversimplifies the "military tactics" for comedy and unnecessary drama.

In my eyes, it should be a gateway drug so people can transition to more mature anime but it appears it is also a pit in the middle of the road that people fall into.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 31, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2014
Didn't Like it , Instead of using Xanatos Gambit and analytical thinking like Death Note the show kept forcing unrealistic solutions and plot devices. And yes I was forced to watch it all because a friend kept telling me its better and I regret the time I spent watching it.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Aug 1, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2013
Akabawi said:
Didn't Like it , Instead of using Xanatos Gambit and analytical thinking like Death Note the show kept forcing unrealistic solutions and plot devices. And yes I was forced to watch it all because a friend kept telling me its better and I regret the time I spent watching it.
Are you trolling?
Aug 1, 2014 2:20 AM

Mar 2008
DatMiz said:
Akabawi said:
Are you trolling?
Regardless of bait or not, please go back to TVtropes.
Aug 1, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
Ckan said:
DatMiz said:
Are you trolling?
Regardless of bait or not, please go back to TVtropes.
I'm lost.
Aug 1, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2014
It's the Same story as with LoGH. "If I rate it 10 and put it on my favorite, that means I'm intelligent and cultured" /sarcasm off.
Sorry to say, but some people exactly act like that."They can see Shakespeare". It's not flame, it's the facts. And facts can be harsh. I know, there is some who really like it, but not in that extent.
Aug 1, 2014 6:50 AM

Nov 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
It's the Same story as with LoGH. "If I rate it 10 and put it on my favorite, that means I'm intelligent and cultured" /sarcasm off.
Sorry to say, but some people exactly act like that."They can see Shakespeare". It's not flame, it's the facts. And facts can be harsh. I know, there is some who really like it, but not in that extent.
Actually CG gets shit on a lot for not being intelligent.
Aug 1, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
Are you saying that because you are insecure about liking SAO? That you have to go on and say shit like that to boost your self esteem?
Sep 7, 2014 11:54 PM

Jan 2014
Because it is better than your favourite animu.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Feb 2012
Paramount's Star Trek movies are orders of magnitude superior and greater in number to their Transformers movies. But ask the average person today and they'll probably say they like Transformers more.

That is what knowing Code Geass but not Sunrise's previous series is like.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 25, 2015 1:35 PM
May 2015
Hello, I'm writing this not only for AnimeKraze but to all of you who are on this forum looking for an honest opinion about the series.

It's obviously that the Internet is way too enormous and accessible. Anytime you want an opinion about a tv show, an album, a bar/restaurant, a weird rash on your elbow lol whatever it is, you get completely bias opinions on the opposite sides of the fence.

This kills me, so annoying, because not only do you feel dissatisfied but you feel like you're carrying around someone else's opinion about something you haven't even tried!! But hey...that's what you ask for when you search it "why do people like code geass".

Anyway, long story short before I rant, give it a shot of you are into this kind of stuff. Besides its just you watching it alone I assume, nobody's gonna judge you but yourself lol. So ignore the "sheep" stuff or you're some ignorant "mainstream hater" if you don't like it. Like it or not, that's up to you but experience as much as you can!

I love storytelling and I'm easy to please, I thought Lelouch was like a young batman with a gang. Pretty cool! Not Deathnote, not Cowboy Bebop, not DBZ but I mean were the greats really THAT great? I'm sure if you collected all the shows, music, and other arts you like it wouldn't be a list of classics. If so wouldn't THAT make you the sheep? Just some food for thought, enjoy the anime it's entertainment...or not who cares? Only you :)
Nov 11, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2015
zuziako said:
I would say Code Geass is interesting because of the story and plot twists. Everyone can argue how smart Lelouch really is, and is Light smarter than him, and would his actions work in real war- but it's not really important. Neither code Geass or death note are realistic.

Code Geass is also very epic, there are some scenes that make you hold your breath for just a second- great feeling. Mechas also contribute a lot to the series- they are powerful and nicely designed. I don't know what some people expect from code geass- it's a well written anime with really good designs (if you like clamp style). It's ENTERTAINING.

Code Geass is still a amazing series
Light became dumb after EP 24 of Death Note tbh
Nov 25, 2015 6:11 AM
Feb 2014
If u think Code Geass and Death Note are similar, you might as well call Hulk and Captain America same, in the end a single man fight a whole bunch of people in both the movies. In DN, since the moment he got the notebook, he set out to change the world alone even though he just fought the detectives in the whole series and killing innocent people didn't bother him.

In case of Lelouch, he gradually realised the impact of his actions and he barely pulled thorough the al of the death of innocent people but in the end his actions paid off and he granted the world a better future.
Dec 9, 2016 12:31 AM
Dec 2016
Maybe because of his will to destroy britain which is on the anime which is impossible
and he is not a person who gives up and he has the power of the king which had led to victory against the britanians
Dec 16, 2016 11:41 AM
Dec 2016
What is this bullcrapp about lulouch being the annoying light from death note. Lulouch choses to take bad actions in order to save his fellow japanese friends life whereas light thinks killing prisoners would make world better but did it?. Sometimes someone has to do wrong in order to learn and achieve something from it and I'm sure that lulouch makes up for his bad actions in the second season. in the end He gave up his career as a prince coz he knew that people would not except someone with a sinful of hands guy but guess what he really made a change in the world in the end of the season 2. This guy should be praised not critised by the likes of you. Please get your facts right.I know where you are coming from but good try trying to seek attention from these two different anime fans because you actually did not pay attention to these anime because I'm sure their completely different from story or any character development perspectives. Please Carry on re-watching your confusing death note because the ending is crap. And that's a fact!
anime_uzumakiDec 16, 2016 2:03 PM
Jul 25, 2017 3:38 AM

Nov 2016
It's pretty average. Interesting concept but it's squandered by bad writing that contradicts itself with a lot of reused coincidences and dumb decisions that everyone around Lelouch makes to make him seem smarter than he really is. Coupled that with a disturbing masturbation scene with a table and you have yourself a trainwreck.

I also wonder what they were smoking when they made the character designs but whatever it was it must have been some good shit.
Jul 25, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2016
First of all: Code Geass in one of my favorite Animes. It's my second favorite Anime and I don't care if anybody doesn't like it. I slightly hate it if people say it's ''overrated''. It's true that Code Geass is really popular and I can see why not everybody likes it. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad. I don't like the Anime because of the hot girls or fanservice. I've never saw Code Geass as a fanservice Anime. In my eyes it's a great Anime with interesting characters. I like Lelouch himself because he is different than other main characters I've seen before. I never really liked Light from Death Note that much. Lelouch seems more special in my eyes. Lelouch is like way more likeable and sympathic to me.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Apr 13, 2018 11:09 PM

Dec 2015
Code Geass and Death Note's share only superficial features. Yes, both feature rivalries, supernatural elements, genius/strategy and world domination (lelouch doesnt rlly wanna be god tho, meh). But while these four tags are a fairly comprehensive description of Death Note's plot, they do very little justice to the point of Code Geass.

The reason Code Geass' ratings fly high is because it has something for every level and kind of involvement. The palette and movement are captivating. I could stare at Villetta's beautiful angles for days. There's also high-school romance/humour+some pantsu(?). Mecha gets my blood flowing. The strategy gives me reason to watch (this is my genre usually). The show is rife with symbolism and literary references. The premise gives me a takeaway message for when I'm done.

The way I currently interpret it, Code Geass is a rejection of Social Darwinism. It's argues that utility maximization is too simplistic a characterization of human decisions, unfixably. Why does Lelouch claim to make a better world for Nunally, when she already seems fairly happy in exile? Why is Suzaku so idealistic? Shirley, so believing? Kallen, so brutish? Why does Cornelia dote on Euphemia? Why are the Purebloods loyal to Maryanne, a commoner? All these tendencies make these people take decisions that make them objectively worse off. Love? Pride? Honour? I'd always considered these stale descriptions of human emotion. But I feel like I get this. Suzaku is compensating for going unpunished for killing his father. Kallen is proving to herself that she isn't powerless like her mother. They make decisions rationalised with thoughts they don't acknowledge. They're bad utility maximizers; they don't even know their utility functions. Thinking about how Code Geass characters act has given me a window into how I and people around me think.

I'll change my mind in a week. Disagree with myself and land on a completely different interpretation. I'm at around the end of the first season on my fourth watch. My point is that I still get so much out of it. On my first watch, I thought Code Geass was shitty Death Note as well. I gave it a 6. On the other hand, I loved Death Note. But DN caters to 1-2 genres of viewers. The (intentionally) dark palette can honestly be a sore sometimes. All the humour you get is Ryuk's apples and Light's potato chips. You have to be in it for the strategy (or LightxL, ahem). With that said, it's of course exceptionally popular. But I have gotten far less out of DN rewatches. Code Geass has been like those childrens' stories I understand in a new way years after I've heard them.
ObliviousOkapiApr 13, 2018 11:19 PM
May 12, 2018 3:16 AM
Jul 2017
there's a lot of things that make codde geass different in good ways, though they are often hard to see
Aug 11, 2018 7:49 AM

Sep 2017
candybars said:
Watch the very last episode... in my opinion it's why people like code geass, and lelouch, so much... the rest of it just helps you to understand that episode better.

Well, the reason I liked Code Geass so much was not just the last episode, but the build up to it, but yeah, the last episodes of Code geass was great. The first season finale in Code Geass was when I knew that this was my favorite. Especially when Lelouch and Suzaku turn from besties to arch-nemesis. I don't like train wrecks much, but drama. There is a great difference.

"Another" was a train wreck. Start to finish. So was SAO and Haruhi. But CG was pure drama. There was plot and character development woven nicely. In all anime, only code geass has given meaning to each character. Even though Euphy's death was something similar lazy writing, it was still executed perfectly that it wasn't lazy writing anymore. So was Rolo's death. I haven't seen another show that made me cry for its most hated character's death.

I can go on and on, but Code Geass was the stuff.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 24, 2018 8:45 PM

Aug 2018
I gave it a good collegiant effort with 6 episodes and couldn’t make myself care about any of the leads with the exception of the blind girl. For those who love this, more power to you, but for now I’m out of here.
Sep 1, 2018 3:53 PM
Jan 2017
Holy smokes this thread is from 2008.
Sep 3, 2018 12:42 AM
Apr 2017
Why people like Code Geass? Its one of the greatest animes of all time. That's why.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.