Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2013 10:50 AM
Dec 2012
I've noticed that in my dreams, whenever I try to punch something or someone my arm just folds up on impact, as if I can't even sustain force and strength in my muscles. I know I could hit hard and whatnot, but my body just never responds in my dreams. Same goes for me sprinting in a dream. I know I could sprint for at least longer than a minute, but in a dream, I lose momentum. (note: not running out of breath and not feeling tired. I somehow just am not able to keep speed up, for some reason, after sprinting for 5 seconds or so.)
So what's up with all that?
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Jan 5, 2013 10:54 AM

Jun 2012
ThisGuy-san said:
I've noticed that in my dreams, whenever I try to punch something or someone my arm just folds up on impact, as if I can't even sustain force and strength in my muscles. I know I could hit hard and whatnot, but my body just never responds in my dreams. Same goes for me sprinting in a dream. I know I could sprint for at least longer than a minute, but in a dream, I lose momentum. (note: not running out of breath and not feeling tired. I somehow just am not able to keep speed up, for some reason, after sprinting for 5 seconds or so.)

it means you have no sexual endurance
it means you need to exercise more
it means you have no hopes and dreams
it means you're reflecting on a recent failure
it means you're anticipating a failure in the future
it means you're mourning a death
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 5, 2013 10:55 AM
May 2012
It's a dream. What are you expecting?
Jan 5, 2013 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
Well, I believe in the dream theory that your brain is just "exercising" during your sleep in order to consolidate your day's memories and prepare your brain for the next day. I don't think that dreams mean anything.

But if I were to take a shot at analyzing that aspect of your dream, I would say that you feel insecure about yourself deep down.
Jan 5, 2013 10:58 AM

May 2012
Regicide said:
ThisGuy-san said:

Please elaborate on how you came to those conclusions about his dream?
Jan 5, 2013 12:05 PM

Jun 2012
Mkayyy said:
Regicide said:
ThisGuy-san said:

Please elaborate on how you came to those conclusions about his dream?

i have a can of meaningless statements
i picked 6 statements out of said can
i posted my results on this forum thread
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 5, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
Regicide said:

Psychoanalyst secret just been revealed, damn.

An entire profession just collapsed

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Jan 5, 2013 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
Apparently, when you're doing an action linked to some desire/drive you're not aware of, something comes shortcutting the action. The most usual case is facing a beast-like opponent that can't be defeated. People can also hover instead of flying.
Jan 5, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
ThisGuy-san said:
Your dreams reflect what your subconscious is telling you about yourself. In this case, it could be that, somewhere within you, you feel anxiety about physical fitness, or pressure to win a race --or any kind of big achievement-- but you feel that you're out of power. You know you could go further, but you want to give up before it starts. Pessimism.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2012
Regicide said:
Ever consider pursuing a career in comedy?
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 5, 2013 3:49 PM

Aug 2011
When you dream, your brain has to process (basically imagine) a lot of different things at once. Have you ever tried turning on a light during a dream? It's very hard to, because your brain has to recreate an entire room changing from darkness to light in a very short time.

I think it's the same thing with running or punching...you have to continuously process the feeling of your muscles moving when they actually aren't.
Jan 5, 2013 6:40 PM

Dec 2012
I used to have dreams similar to that. The difference was that when I tried to run or hit someone, I'd just move super slow. So, the punches wouldn't really do anything and then I'd get captured by whatever was chasing me. I don't know why it happens, but I don't think it has to do with insecurities or anxieties because for me, nothing had changed in my life, but one day out of the blue I had a dream where I ended up in a full on cat fight with my ex's gf. I was able to pull her hair while punching her in the face with ease; it was very satisfying haha. Anyways, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal and will go away eventually. (:
Jan 5, 2013 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
Like Adair mentioned. It's is a lot to process, so you can't really "keep up with yourself" which usually makes the all the things really messed up. It's also really hard to process impacts etc, which also makes everything fucked up as a result.
This is just my own thoughts tho, might as well be BSing.
Jan 5, 2013 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
RaspberryRogue said:
I used to have dreams similar to that. The difference was that when I tried to run or hit someone, I'd just move super slow. So, the punches wouldn't really do anything and then I'd get captured by whatever was chasing me. I don't know why it happens, but I don't think it has to do with insecurities or anxieties because for me, nothing had changed in my life, but one day out of the blue I had a dream where I ended up in a full on cat fight with my ex's gf. I was able to pull her hair while punching her in the face with ease; it was very satisfying haha. Anyways, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal and will go away eventually. (:
I think those things have something to do with your mind. Like if you look at your watch multiple times in a dream it will change, or light switches don't work. There are some things that just are weird in dreams.

I can never run right in dreams, always tripping or stumbling. I think it has something to do with how you perceive dreams, like how you actually think of doing something in your mind doesn't match up.
Jan 5, 2013 7:15 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
RaspberryRogue said:
I think those things have something to do with your mind. Like if you look at your watch multiple times in a dream it will change, or light switches don't work. There are some things that just are weird in dreams.

I can never run right in dreams, always tripping or stumbling. I think it has something to do with how you perceive dreams, like how you actually think of doing something in your mind doesn't match up.
I do think it has to do with insecurities or temporary low self esteem (depression). I've had dreams where I'm constantly pursued by some figure, whether it's something personal such as the shadow of a family member, but fantastical, like a ninja with supernatural abilities, or some evil organization that I can't possibly hope to overcome -- until I do. (It could also be physical problems, like loosing teeth, not being able to get to a destination, unable to run or jump, or unable to solve a problem or remember something.)

The trick for me is to find some symbol of power within the dream. Every world has them, whether it's a scepter or a weapon, or treasure, knowledge of some kind, a friend, a girl, or even attachment to a goal. The more I've practiced this, the more abstract the symbols can become. Once you've associated yourself with that symbol and convinced yourself of its power, you can turn back and confront whatever that's pursuing you. I guess it works that way in real life too.

My opinion is that in dreams where there's a problem, whether that's a pursuer or just something you can't figure out why it's happening, the source of that represents an insecurity in real life. Your subconscious is telling you something that you may not even consciously realize. For example, you might really want more responsibility at your job, or you realize you have to get outside more, or you realize negativity is holding you back from your true potential -- whatever it is, your subconscious is telling you symbolically in the dream while in real life you might just rationalize it away or ignore it.

It feels good when I "solve" a dream problem, and sometimes I solve real life problems, and a reoccurring dream stops.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
Psychoanalysis is also quite controversial as it doesn't necessary rely on empiric data.
Still remain a somehow interesting practice, but it shouldn't be applied on some patients when it could just make them worst.

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Jan 5, 2013 9:18 PM

Oct 2008
I've read somewhere that whenever you try to punch something in your dream but you lack the strength, or trying to run but it's in really slow motion, its because your body is in a state where it's preventing you from doing that also in real life while you sleep.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 5, 2013 10:24 PM
Dec 2012
Also, to clarify about the sprinting thing: I can run basically forever, but I can't sprint. I could also run a little faster, as long as I run in a way that feels really uncomfortable, but I can't go any faster without breaking into a sprint and then losing momentum soon after. (It even happened in a dream where I was running 10 miles back and forth. I was doing great, it was a piece of cake. Then I tried sprinting, and I lost momentum and went back into a normal running state.)
When I can't sprint in my dreams, I don't get so discouraged or worried, or anything. I just find it annoying, like a hassle. Also; I almost never have any control in my dreams. If I do, I always end up waking up soon after I find control.
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Jan 5, 2013 10:38 PM

Jan 2011
i had a dream that i killed an evil scientist with a spoon before he attempted to asassinated an injured george washington on a bed inside a wooden cabin guarded by someone from the prince of bel air.

i was not on mushrooms.
this is my god damn signature.
Jan 5, 2013 10:48 PM

Oct 2012
You are in luck. I am a professional psychological consultant who specializes in dream therapy and subconscious psyche. (5 years in the field of neuroscience and 3 and a half years in physiotherapy) I have a good grasp on the subject and I will use the best of the knowledge and ability to assist you.

According to your described experiences, and the results of your assessment, you lack motivation, but you certainly have potential. You have potential to succeed in life. But in order to accomplish success, you are one of those people that need to rely more on others. Now im not saying that you need to be clingy towards another party and all, but you need an extra push in life to take a couple miles in your life. Perhaps its time you do something you havent done in a while, like go out for a jog, (well its winter, so maybe outdoors isnt the best idea right now) maybe hit up your local indoor gym? Find a workout buddy to get you motivated and do a couple routines to improve your physical well being for now.

If you have done the above but still experiencing the same results, then there might be another problem regarding your mental psyche. It is possible that the reason why you are experiencing what you are experiencing in your dreams is another process that might need some treatment. You see, your physical body is connected to your mental psyche through a series of spiritual affluent channels within the medulla. A study of this was done at Harvard University. The sensory channels of the brain process the information such as muscle contactions. If you feel limited in your dreams, then it is possible that theres a spiritual blockage either between your medulla or the sensory part of your brain. Those spirtual impurities need to be cleansed out. This is done through yoga and meditation, or by simply fapping to your favourite loli doujinshi or loli anime. Researchers found out that in most cases, the latter was proven to be much more effective towards 95% of the individuals in the study.

Good luck op. Hope that helps.
Star_BoyJan 5, 2013 11:30 PM
Jan 5, 2013 11:33 PM

Aug 2012
Danielcook said:
You are in luck. I am a professional psychological consultant who specializes in dream therapy and subconscious psyche. (5 years in the field of neuroscience and 3 and a half years in physiotherapy) I have a good grasp on the subject and I will use the best of the knowledge and ability to assist you.

According to your described experiences, and the results of your assessment, you lack motivation, but you certainly have potential. You have potential to succeed in life. But in order to accomplish success, you are one of those people that need to rely more on others. Now im not saying that you need to be clingy towards another party and all, but you need an extra push in life to take a couple miles in your life. Perhaps its time you do something you havent done in a while, like go out for a jog, (well its winter, so maybe outdoors isnt the best idea right now) maybe hit up your local indoor gym? Find a workout buddy to get you motivated and do a couple routines to improve your physical well being for now.

If you have done the above but still experiencing the same results, then there might be another problem regarding your mental psyche. It is possible that the reason why you are experiencing what you are experiencing in your dreams is another process that might need some treatment. You see, your physical body is connected to your mental psyche through a series of spiritual affluent channels within the medulla. A study of this was done at Harvard University. The sensory channels of the brain process the information such as muscle contactions. If you feel limited in your dreams, then it is possible that theres a spiritual blockage either between your medulla or the sensory part of your brain. Those spirtual impurities need to be cleansed out. This is done through yoga and meditation, or by simply fapping to your favourite loli doujinshi or loli anime. Researchers found out that in most cases, the latter was proven to be much more effective towards 95% of the individuals in the study.

Good luck op. Hope that helps.

i lol'ed haha, thanks for the good laugh
Lebron James Sucks
Jan 6, 2013 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
Any improvements op?
Jan 7, 2013 2:01 AM

May 2012
what does it mean when you dream about your male and female dogs mating?
Jan 8, 2013 9:13 PM

Oct 2009
smoothly said:

It means that you are jealous of your friends relationship or career, or you are just horny.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 27, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2015
azzuRe said:
smoothly said:

It means that you are jealous of your friends relationship or career, or you are just horny.

You're anxieties to improve yourself and your life.
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
Apr 27, 2015 5:57 PM
Apr 27, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2014
Plants said:

It mens u is a weak ass fegit and need to hit da jim.
Apr 27, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
the no ambition part sounds right, either that or ya emo

Syndiciate said:

It mens u is a weak ass fegit and need to hit da jim.
Apr 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Aug 2012
Random necro I likey.

More topics from this board

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 33 minutes ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
6 seconds ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by cody »»
3 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

5 by cody »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
24 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.