Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 24, 2008 7:41 PM

This movie will never come out. I know it.

Nov 24, 2008 8:57 PM

Yare yare daze.

Jan 11, 2009 3:14 PM
well, i do agree that it is fucking bullshit we can't find it

Sep 3, 2009 11:59 PM
UGH I NEED to see this movie @___@

Oct 20, 2009 7:01 AM

this movie will never come out for dvd for a reason. it looks like araki got REALLY pissed with the productors, because they have cut some scenes. even Speedwagon wasn't in the movie.

I feel kinda glad, because there wouldn't be a way that I would like something from jojo that araki-san wouldn't approve.

Aug 30, 2010 7:17 AM

blueisthemoon said:
this movie will never come out for dvd for a reason. it looks like araki got REALLY pissed with the productors, because they have cut some scenes. even Speedwagon wasn't in the movie.

I feel kinda glad, because there wouldn't be a way that I would like something from jojo that araki-san wouldn't approve.

Be that as it may, I wont be content until I see SOME JoJo animated (aside from the 6 OVAs, which were all good). Araki should just give in and ok a JoJo anime, preferably one by Madhouse.

Also, I distinctly remember Speedwagon being in the trailer.

Jan 18, 2011 1:33 PM
If Araki himself didn't like it, I don't really see a reason to watch it anyway. Also Speedwagon did appear in the movie from what I know, but only for a short time. He just got beat up at Ogre Street, that's all.

Mar 25, 2011 9:12 AM

Studio Bones please. Madhouse would probably be preferable to Studio Pierrot though, who would almost definitely tone down the content.

Jojo needs an anime!

Mar 25, 2011 9:27 AM
SBR anime?

Mar 25, 2011 9:30 AM

I didn't even know this existed until your topic appeared in the recent posts... or is supposed to come out anyway

May 27, 2011 3:50 AM
kaiserEXA said:
SBR anime?

Now that would be awesome. And as reboot it could also lure in people who haven't read JoJo before. As long ad it'd be an actual series instead of OVAs or a movie. We don't need more cut stuff...

Also I want to hear Gyro's Cheese Song. xD

Sep 27, 2011 1:40 PM
I don't get how this movie was rated by 98 users yet it's not available at all....and I think it's unlikely that those 98 persons were in Japan at the time of its release.

Sep 29, 2011 9:06 PM

novahyou said:
I don't get how this movie was rated by 98 users yet it's not available at all....and I think it's unlikely that those 98 persons were in Japan at the time of its release.

Why not?
Some of them might also be people who add random things to their lists regardless of whether they've actually seen it.

Oct 17, 2011 8:36 PM

Argh! @!#%$
What the fuck could possibly happened? How come there are no news about this movie?
My favourite JoJo arc! ='/

Jun 4, 2012 11:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUDdJRvn2Q

rare footage from the movie in the project of an art university student.
Modified by Crimson_V, Feb 4, 2015 7:47 AM

Oct 13, 2012 6:08 AM

Now we have something much better, this is done so beautifully and amazingly in the new Jojo series.

Jun 12, 2013 10:46 AM

Well rather sad the movie never got release :/

Jul 4, 2013 1:59 PM

I d' not understand this movie never aired, at least that's i read. Why has this page on his Myanimelist?

Nov 13, 2013 3:42 AM

wtf...I want to watch this...UGHHH

Jun 22, 2014 2:48 PM

SwiftShadow said:
wtf...I want to watch this...UGHHH

There's no need now ;)
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Aug 15, 2014 2:49 AM

MAL says this shit aired in 2007.
This thread was opened on 2008.
wtf

Oct 2, 2014 3:43 AM
Dead not Dead

dio did you dispose the copies of this movie the same way you disposed jojo's dog?

Jan 9, 2015 3:01 PM

This thread is confusing. So, this has a limited theatrical release in Japan but never came out on dvd or bluray and so has never been seen outside of that release in 2007? And it was shit anyway?

Still, it's interesting to get to see rare works like this. I hope it eventually becomes available.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf

Jan 25, 2015 12:35 AM

Doaj said:
This thread is confusing. So, this has a limited theatrical release in Japan but never came out on dvd or bluray and so has never been seen outside of that release in 2007? And it was shit anyway?

Still, it's interesting to get to see rare works like this. I hope it eventually becomes available.

From what I know, it was released only in theaters, and Araki (the mangaka) apparently banned the movie, so a DVD release never happened. If even the mangaka got pissed off about this movie, it probably... was really horrible. There is some footage on youtube, like someone posted on this thread, but that's about it.

Jan 25, 2015 12:26 PM

ZeroDown said:
I d' not understand this movie never aired, at least that's i read. Why has this page on his Myanimelist?

Since it aired in japan.
added the fifth most popular anime onto this site

Mar 4, 2017 11:35 AM

Okay. This movie is only released in Japan 2007 and stupid to make the page on MAL 2008. Most dissapointed that is this movie never released outside Japan like DVD or Blu-ray. This is terrible and boring movie which is worse than TV anime and dropped it. Don't try to watch it.

Dec 12, 2017 5:00 PM
Huh. I just saw the title of the thread and wondered why OP was being such a bitch. Then I realized that this was before the new adaptation came out... And then I realized that I was the OP. Oops.

Jan 2, 2018 7:26 AM
Dio-Brando said:
Huh. I just saw the title of the thread and wondered why OP was being such a bitch. Then I realized that this was before the new adaptation came out... And then I realized that I was the OP. Oops.

Your account says that you joined in December 2008 but this post was created in November 2008. This is some weird shit right there.

Jan 20, 2018 1:03 AM

haykodarb said:
Dio-Brando said:

Your account says that you joined in December 2008 but this post was created in November 2008. This is some weird shit right there.

OP is Dio_Brando_ and this guy is Dio_Brando
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 8, 2018 1:17 PM
Yare yare daze. -Jotaro

Oct 20, 2018 4:49 PM
Spiral Warrior

haykodarb said:
Dio-Brando said:

He was likely joking.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 19, 10:54 PM

Welll... aside from clips, this is my first official attempt to try anything JoJo related. I'm just a little scared to continue. I did the whole Gundam thing and that also has a few entries that most of us will probably never be able to watch. So it's kinda like, "Dang, here we go again". Not really sure where to go from here-- by the time folks read this, I'll have figured it out but, it's just discouraging to look forward to something and just...?? Sorry. Can't have-- even if you were ready to pay up a little.

At the same time, maybe it's good that I can't watch this. It was going to be my first step into the franchise, but apparently it's not too great, so maybe the "rarity" saved me from having an incredibly poor first impression.

Jan 19, 11:30 PM

Swiggy said:
Welll... aside from clips, this is my first official attempt to try anything JoJo related. I'm just a little scared to continue. I did the whole Gundam thing and that also has a few entries that most of us will probably never be able to watch. So it's kinda like, "Dang, here we go again". Not really sure where to go from here-- by the time folks read this, I'll have figured it out but, it's just discouraging to look forward to something and just...?? Sorry. Can't have-- even if you were ready to pay up a little.

At the same time, maybe it's good that I can't watch this. It was going to be my first step into the franchise, but apparently it's not too great, so maybe the "rarity" saved me from having an incredibly poor first impression.
Phantom Blood is in the first TV series installment along with Part II.