Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 4, 2013 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
If it is as awful or worse than Strike Witches (Of all the anime I have seen, this is the only anime I would never recommend to anyone).
Jan 4, 2013 12:46 PM
Apr 2012
If it's a slice-of-life anime that's only about cute ordinary high school girls doing cute boring ordinary things, then it's automatically a 1 for me.
Jan 4, 2013 1:43 PM
May 2012
I'm too nice to go lower than a 4 :(
Jan 4, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2007
actually theres 1 its called Neon geon gensis evanglaaion w/e the hell it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvqtKv1bPo

I rest my case
Jan 4, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
CEMPUNK said:

I rest my case

inb4 "2deep4u"

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Jun 2012
Tavor said:
CEMPUNK said:

I rest my case

inb4 "2deep4u"
At least the girl did a decent job of singing that song.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
Holybaptiser said:
At least the girl did a decent job of singing that song.

It was great indeed.
10/10

Something's wrong with you CEMPUNK.

Jan 4, 2013 2:00 PM

Jan 2012
Mars of destruction makes 1 acceptable
and inferno cop
Jan 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
renders said:

and inferno cop

1nferno C0p

Not sure if trolling or..

Jan 4, 2013 2:02 PM
Oct 2011
When it reaches Bo-Bobo's level in stupidity. So basically when it has nothing interesting, when it fails in literally everything, and when it feels like offending the viewer by expecting him to like the BS it's throwing.
Jan 4, 2013 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
LOL, if Evangelion is the worst you have seen, then you haven't even begin to apporach the super-crappy anime out there. Even if one hates Evangelion, the show still has decent music. A really awful anime is an anime that has nothing good about it. Like the following:

Jan 4, 2013 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think any anime deserves a 1. lol
I see 1 as something someone absolutely hates to the extreme. I mean a 1 is like if a Kindergartner made a bunch of crayon drawings(Staying within the lines!) and made that into an anime. Although that's just the way I score... I'm a bit more lenient then most while I do know people who score anime like on a 1-6 score here and anything above that is like 'godlike' to them.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 4, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:
LOL, if Evangelion is the worst you have seen, then you haven't even begin to apporach the super-crappy anime out there. Even if one hates Evangelion, the show still has decent music. A really awful anime is an anime that has nothing good about it. Like the following:

Lets not take people, whom declare NGE as the worst anime they've seen, seriously.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 4, 2013 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think I'll ever see a movie or show worth a 1/10. That is insanely bad meaning (for me at least) that the anime is pointless, ugly looking, terribly scored and pretty much devoid of any redeeming qualities.

For me, the only thing I've found to be 1/10 (I have some other anime marked with that score since long ago but they don't reflect my current opinion) is the work of Yoji Kuri. Pretty much a few short clips that really annoyed me with the aforementioned traits O_O
Jan 4, 2013 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
I've only ever marked two anime with a score of 2/10. I've never come across a 1 yet, so I don't know what it would take.
Jan 4, 2013 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
Solemnmind said:
the anime is pointless, ugly looking, terribly scored and pretty much devoid of any redeeming qualities.

You just described Psychic Wars (dubbed) and Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past. (TRUST ME, you don't want to watch these anime.)
Jan 4, 2013 2:24 PM
Oct 2011
Neane1993 said:
Solemnmind said:
the anime is pointless, ugly looking, terribly scored and pretty much devoid of any redeeming qualities.

You just described Psychic Wars (dubbed) and Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past. (TRUST ME, you don't want to watch these anime.)
There are actually a whole bunch of those. Soemnmind just described Bo-Bobo with his/her post..
Jan 4, 2013 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Solemnmind said:

There are actually a whole bunch of those. Soemnmind just described Bo-Bobo with his/her post..

Hey, Bo-Bobo is No Where close to being the worst anime ever made.
Jan 4, 2013 2:30 PM
Oct 2011
Neane1993 said:
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Solemnmind said:

Well, from what I watched it is. I might watch Mars of Destruction or some of the lowest rated anime here on MAL to see how bad an anime can get. Any recs?
Jan 4, 2013 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Solemnmind said:

Well, from what I watched it is. I might watch Mars of Destruction or some of the lowest rated anime here on MAL to see if they compare to Bo-Bobo or not.

Here's why Bo-Bobo is no where close to being the worst anime ever made...you see Bobobo is one of these shows that should have never left Japan. It concentrates on pure Japanese humor so strongly, that for nearly every single person from overseas it becomes simply incomprehensible. So it's no wonder that Bobobo is trashed everywhere in english speaking society while being immensely popular and loved in Japan itself. Frankly, if you are determined to watch Bobobo there are at least three points you have to pass, otherwise you will probably hate the show. 1. Be able to speak Japanese language. 2. Know a great lot about japanese culture and err.. daily life traditions ;, I'm not even sure if this is possible if you haven't lived in Japan. 3. Have watched at least more than hundred different anime shows. If you don't pass all three then you'll wont get most of the parody jokes and you wont be able to watch more than 6 episodes of Bobobo.

Bobobo is certainly not for everyone and I actually encourage most people NOT to watch this show because they would not understand it.
Jan 4, 2013 2:46 PM
Oct 2011
Neane1993 said:
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Solemnmind said:

Well, from what I watched it is. I might watch Mars of Destruction or some of the lowest rated anime here on MAL to see if they compare to Bo-Bobo or not.

Here's why Bo-Bobo is no where close to being the worst anime ever made...you see Bobobo is one of these shows that should have never left Japan. It concentrates on pure Japanese humor so strongly, that for nearly every single person from overseas it becomes simply incomprehensible. So it's no wonder that Bobobo is trashed everywhere in english speaking society while being immensely popular and loved in Japan itself. Frankly, if you are determined to watch Bobobo there are at least three points you have to pass, otherwise you will probably hate the show. 1. Be able to speak Japanese language. 2. Know a great lot about japanese culture and err.. daily life traditions ;, I'm not even sure if this is possible if you haven't lived in Japan. 3. Have watched at least more than hundred different anime shows. If you don't pass all three then you'll wont get most of the parody jokes and you wont be able to watch more than 6 episodes of Bobobo.

Bobobo is certainly not for everyone and I actually encourage most people NOT to watch this show because they would not understand it.
I guess that would explain why it was popular in Japan to get past the 200 chapter mark and a sequel, something I've been wondering for a while now.
Jan 4, 2013 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Candor said:
Neane1993 said:
Solemnmind said:

I guess that would explain why it was popular in Japan to get past the 200 chapter mark and a sequel, something I've been wondering for a while now.

Yeah, it's a cutural thing. If you're not bascially Japanese or a strong Japanophile then you won't see all the jokes that fill every minute of the show and will not like it. But if you're living in Japan or a strong Japanophile then you will see all the jokes in the show.
Jan 4, 2013 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
1 is pretty much impossible to get with my scoring since 5 is my "drop threshold" I have only a few 4 and lower. The only 1 I gave was vampire wars, it was a movie and I couldn't finish it... yeah... I looked at the mal score it was a 5 (rounded up) thats like ultra low. Most of the anime I gave lower than a 5 was pretty early in my watching. Some of them I know are probably way off but really don't care to fix them cause I don't want to rewatch them.
Jan 4, 2013 3:43 PM

Nov 2012
1-3 = I can't even finish it because of sheer boredom.

I gave Mars of Destruction a 4 just for a comparison.
Harmonium94Jan 4, 2013 3:50 PM
Jan 4, 2013 4:35 PM

Oct 2012
A 1 is an anime where I can't even make it past the first episode without getting pissed off. And for the record, I made it to episode 3 of Bo-bobo. It's not incomprehensible, just childish.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 4, 2013 4:37 PM
Dec 2012
If it's lame, it gets a 1. I don't distinguish between the crap and the mediocre.
This community is terrible.
Jan 4, 2013 4:56 PM
Jul 2012
Have yet to give any anime a 1, yet. Actually, haven't gone lower than 5.
Jan 4, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2010
SAO
Jan 4, 2013 6:39 PM

Mar 2012
Naruto
Jan 4, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
Bad story lines, cheesy stuff, overly buff men, shallow characters, bad quality, unbareable voices, overly peverted, these in my opinion make a 1 out of 10.
Jan 6, 2013 5:05 AM

Mar 2012
I won't give anime 1 since i won't ever touch something that obviously bad.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 6, 2013 5:58 AM

Apr 2011
When I just could not watch it not matter what I did. So far, only one has fallen into this condition for me as I just could not continue no matter what after three tries. I kept falling asleep.
Jan 6, 2013 6:17 AM
Jan 2013
Well. Obviously series with poor execution in animation and script, as well as storyline. And which only "strength" is random, misogynistic sex sequences high and low, from left to right, episode out and episode in. That's the only kind of series I could think of having a chance hitting the lowest of rock bottom.
Jan 6, 2013 6:26 AM

Dec 2012
Plotless thats make it 1/10 + dumb scripts

Jan 6, 2013 6:33 AM

Oct 2012
HOTD. Come at me bros!
Jan 6, 2013 6:59 AM

Aug 2011
Sure i've meet around 1-2 that deserve a 1 but I would've instantly dropped it if they were that bad

I'd wage anyone to watch a full anime that they rated 1
kek
Jan 6, 2013 8:02 AM

Dec 2012
IF ITS SAO /hatewagon
Jan 6, 2013 8:29 AM
Jan 2013
If there is nothing positive to say about the series. This was true about Elfen Lied and Chobits.
Jan 6, 2013 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
What makes an anime a 1/10? When the anime is similar to Chaos;Head or is Chaos;Head.. then it gets a 1/10.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 6, 2013 8:47 AM

Aug 2012
Probably a bad story and uninteresting Character.
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jan 6, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
Madeline said:
ovoon7 said:
The only 1s I've given were for the purpose of lowering the overall site score.

lol
Jan 6, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2012
I don't think I will ever rate a show below 4/5ish because If I detest it that much then I probably wont get past the first 5 episodes, and I don't like lowering the rating of a show because I didn't like it enough to finish it, therefore I just drop it and don't score it.
Jan 6, 2013 11:09 AM

Jul 2011
In my opinion, nothing can really deserve 1 out of 10. If an anime isn't to your taste ok, but don't give 1/10. This is not criticism, it's hating already.
Jan 6, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2012
Lack of entertainment.
Jan 6, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2011
One that is "unwatchable" is just dropped so its impossible for me.
Jan 6, 2013 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
As long as it makes me miss watching the anime after I finish it would deserve a 9+. 1 would be a stupid heroine that is mad goddamn annoying and a horrible storyline.
Jan 6, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2012
I've never seen anything in my life that made me rate it a 1. I gave a 3 to Your Highness (movie) and that's the lowest I've went. I think if I were to ever rate anything a 1 it would be a mix of HUGE expectations and just completely bad everything.
Jan 6, 2013 1:49 PM

Aug 2009
AwesomeCamper said:
Ultra Lack of entertainment.

fixed
Jan 6, 2013 2:54 PM

Apr 2012
I don't score dropped series (since, for all I know, it may have gotten 50x better the following episodes) and since I use the MAL scale (with a 1 being unwatchable), there is no series that can score a 1 with me.

However, I always give any series at least a full episode. So if a one episode OVA or a movie is so horrible I wanted to join the rebellion in Syria and destroy any remaining decency in the world, I would give it a 1.

Otherwise, a 2 is my minimum for a completed anime.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

26 by Oofmastre9000 »»
38 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
23 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
27 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.