Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 4, 2013 10:48 AM

For me, it's when an anime fails miserably in every aspect, and is simply an insult to the word "Anime" and to all it's watchers.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush

Jan 4, 2013 10:50 AM

Have yet to find something worth a 1. To be honest though, I think I would have to try really hard to find something that 'bad'.
Lowest thing I've rated was a 4, and it was from mild curiosity, not trying that again.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Jan 4, 2013 10:51 AM
Basically when I have a small/big personal dislike towards it, and it has bad storyline, clichés, which are not fun too watch. Mediocre to bad animation, lousy soundtrack. Repetitiveness, where nobody learns from their mistakes, shallow characters. Over-hyping while the show is mediocre, etc. etc.

Jan 4, 2013 10:52 AM
CNile said:
when an anime fails miserably in every aspect

You just described Togainu no Chi.

"Appalling" - that is what you interpret. Higurashi Kira is the only anime I've rated 1, because it was a spit in the face of the rest of the franchise. If it's so bad, it probably doesn't make it to my list, since I would drop it 1-2 episodes in.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

The only 1s I've given were for the purpose of lowering the overall site score. I usually put the real score in the tags.

Jan 4, 2013 10:53 AM

Tavor said:
Have yet to find something worth a 1. To be honest though, I think I would have to try really hard to find something that 'bad'.
Lowest thing I've rated was a 4, and it was from mild curiosity, not trying that again.

I rated one anime as 5, Kenshin's 2part OVA remake. Honestly, unless if you vote purely by enjoyment, i don't see how it would be possible for an anime to be such a fail that could fell under the category of 1-3.

ovoon7 said:
The only 1s I've given were for the purpose of lowering the overall site score. I usually put the real score in the tags.

So much class.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

The only one I've rated a 1 was Yugioh, because it was simply horrible in every criteria. It had a bland and irritating cast, a cliché story that was just a ripoff of Pokemon, and god-awful animation, as well as one of the worst soundtracks I've ever heard in an anime.

- George W. Bush

Jan 4, 2013 10:54 AM

Theoretically, if I were to score something a 1, it would have to actively offend me in some way. And I don't mean necessarily by being racist or antisemitic or whatever. I mean it has to take something near and dear to you and treat in an utterly horrible and embarrassing way. In that sense, I guess if you were a giant fan of some Manga, and the Anime adaptation completely changed the point of the story, then I could see why you would score that a 1. That's how I feel about the upcoming World War Z movie. That book is a favorite of mine and they are throwing everything that was good about it in the garbage and making some dumb Brad Pitt action vehicle. I could easily see myself scoring that movie a 1 if it is particularly bad.

Jan 4, 2013 10:55 AM
ovoon7 said:

You are a drop of water on a blazing plate.

Never found anything I would rate a 1, if i felt something deserved a 1 I wouldn't be watching it.

I don't have a 1, but it'll base it off my 2. From the only 2 (Natusuyuki Rendezvous) on my list, I'll see if I can describe it right (insert chewing professor here of course):

A show that has an interesting premise where you really look forward to the next episode, but somewhere in the middle you find out it's just a bunch of garbage. The execution becomes a letdown.

BUT, you keep watching in the hopes that "it gets better." Which is why it doesn't end up dropped. So you keep watching, episode after episode, hoping that it'll redeem itself in a sudden twist or climax.

...It never does.

Tavor said:
ovoon7 said:

So much class.

+1 to that, Tavor.

- George W. Bush

When 2 isn't enough to describe how bad it is.

ovoon7 said:
The only 1s I've given were for the purpose of lowering the overall site score.

Jan 4, 2013 10:56 AM

If seeing someone compliment any element of a series whatsoever makes me lose all faith in humanity, and any reference or allusions to it make me feel physically ill, then it is a 1/10.

I hope to never encounter such a series again.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Jan 4, 2013 10:56 AM
Karpman said:
ovoon7 said:

You are a drop of water on a blazing plate.

nah it makes sense.

Jan 4, 2013 10:57 AM

I kind of consider 2 to be my lowest score because I don't really think I could dislike something enough to give it a 1. I did give MOD a 1 though just because.

Jan 4, 2013 10:57 AM

ovoon7 said:
lol

Jan 4, 2013 10:58 AM

I heard that somehow, Yugioh GX is even worse than Yugioh, but I can't imagine how...

If anyone here has seen it, I'd love to hear what they think about it.

- George W. Bush

Jan 4, 2013 10:58 AM

Madeline said:
ovoon7 said:

I don't know why, but that had me laughing uncontrollably.

Madeline strikes again!

Jan 4, 2013 10:59 AM

MellowJello said:
Madeline said:
ovoon7 said:

Madeline strikes again!

It is a facepalm right? Dat avatar... everything madeline says gets to be twice as funny lol

Jan 4, 2013 10:59 AM
Holybaptiser said:
"Appalling" - that is what you interpret. Higurashi Kira is the only anime I've rated 1, because it was a spit in the face of the rest of the franchise. If it's so bad, it probably doesn't make it to my list, since I would drop it 1-2 episodes in.

Unwatchable wasn't the right word. There's at least one anime that I felt failed in every aspect, terrible animation, bland soundtrack, poor plot writing, bland/annoying characters, yet I was still able to sit through it so I didn't feel right rating it a 1.

Jan 4, 2013 11:00 AM

pokecenter said:
MellowJello said:
Madeline said:
ovoon7 said:

Madeline strikes again!

It is a facepalm right? Dat avatar... everything madeline says gets to be twice as funny lol

A facepalm with too much emphasis on the palm that it kills you.

And yeah I love that avatar. It applies to so much!

Jan 4, 2013 11:01 AM

RLinksoul said:
Holybaptiser said:

Unwatchable wasn't the right word. There's at least one anime that I felt failed in every aspect, terrible animation, bland soundtrack, poor plot writing, bland/annoying characters, yet I was still able to sit through it so I didn't feel right rating it a 1.
lawlz what?

Jan 4, 2013 11:01 AM

ovoon7 said:

And the anime in question begins with a S I suppose

Jan 4, 2013 11:02 AM
CNile said:
I heard that somehow, Yugioh GX is even worse than Yugioh, but I can't imagine how...

you still haven't watched Yugioh
http://myanimelist.net/anime/481/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters

Jan 4, 2013 11:03 AM

RLinksoul said:
Holybaptiser said:

Well, I don't know about the whole "unwatchable" bit, since a terrible movie that's a little worse than terrible series can still be more watchable, because a movie is only 1-2 1/2 hours long, while a series can be dozens or even hundreds of hours long, making it harder to sit through even if it's slightly better than a terrible movie.

Hope that made sense.

Also, what do you mean by "You still haven't watched Yugioh"? I actually have, it's on my list if you hadn't noticed.
Modified by CNile, Jan 4, 2013 11:08 AM

- George W. Bush

Jan 4, 2013 11:09 AM

don't think i'll ever find myself watching something i'll give a 1 xD

if it realy is bad i just drop it and won't even bother scoring it
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

Jan 4, 2013 11:13 AM
Holybaptiser said:
RLinksoul said:
Holybaptiser said:

lawlz what?

On the rating scale, a 1 used to be labeled "Unwatchable" before they changed it to "Appalling".

Jan 4, 2013 11:13 AM

Madeline said:
CNile said:
when an anime fails miserably in every aspect

You just described Togainu no Chi.

And Chaos;Head as well!
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 4, 2013 11:14 AM
CNile said:
Also, what do you mean by "You still haven't watched Yugioh"? I actually have, it's on my list if you hadn't noticed.
your list shows season 0
http://myanimelist.net/anime/550/Yu-Gi-Oh!

Not the one, that most people know which is this
http://myanimelist.net/anime/481/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters

Jan 4, 2013 11:17 AM

I don't think that any anime deserves a 1...I guess. Can't fathom something being that all around bad.
Oh, and LOL to this.
ovoon7 said:
The forums are dark, and full of ego.

Jan 4, 2013 11:36 AM

The mood Im on at the time when watching crap shows has much to do with it getting either 1,4 or 6

Jan 4, 2013 11:40 AM

CNile said:

While the first half of GX was...compelling, the second half just threw the show in a river and hand cuffed it. I remember loving Yu-Gi-Oh! so much when i was a kid, that even my little cartoon kid mind knew that GX went downhill pretty fast. With all that being said it did have a decent start.

Either way they're both kids shows (4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh! especially, the original subbed version is still a tad darker), and shouldn't be taken too seriously. The original is still very good for what it is.

EDIT: Why was the first half of GX compelling? It's because it combined card games (which i loved watching) and a good school atmosphere, which is always fun to watch, and it managed that rather well. The show started to suffer once it began deviating from that, and tried to become something more.
Modified by Jovoo, Jan 4, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 4, 2013 11:40 AM

k11chi said:
The mood Im on at the time when watching crap shows has much to do with it getting either 1,4 or 6

>Giving a 6 to a crap show.

I don't even....
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Jan 4, 2013 11:42 AM

rederoin said:
k11chi said:

I don't even....

Some people only rate from 5 to 10, so this doesn't surprise me much.

Jan 4, 2013 11:49 AM

I have 3 titles that got 1 from me. All of those are some of the worst anime I ever saw.
Mars of Destruction
Tenkuu Danzato Skelter Heaven
6 Angels
What makes them a 1. Horrible plot or more like no plot, awful art, and overall making me loose hope in humanity. Yet they would be great to watch drunk with a bunch of friends. Alcohol makes any anime good, but watching them sober and alone is just painful. It's not even like masochism, because there's no pleasure from the pain. Just the feeling of sadness.

Jan 4, 2013 11:50 AM

rederoin said:
k11chi said:

I don't even....

I've seen some people giving a 9 to a 'decent' show.So, I'm not surprised.

Jan 4, 2013 11:51 AM
rederoin said:
k11chi said:

I don't even....
If 6 is crap for some people, then I don't think I can imagine what 1 would be for them.

Jan 4, 2013 12:03 PM

Z-flame said:
rederoin said:
k11chi said:

I don't even....
If 6 is crap for some people, then I don't think I can imagine what 1 would be for them.
You're an 11 for me.

Jan 4, 2013 12:13 PM

Jovoo said:

The show started to suffer once it began deviating from that, and tried to become something more.

I agree completely. One of the worst things that can happen to a good series is for it to try and become something more, something it isn't. After episode 25, Death Note tried to change, and tried to up the scale of the show, adding a lot more characters and some additional organizations, and I think that was a huge mistake, it was perfect the way it was. I think it would have been a perfect 10/10 if it had ended on episode 25, and Yugioh GX would have been much better if it hadn't done the same.

- George W. Bush

Jan 4, 2013 12:13 PM

The lowest I've given so far is 2 and it's the worst show I've ever seen. I don't think there's a show worse enough than that which I'll give it a 1.

My Youtube page: link

Jan 4, 2013 12:17 PM

A nonsensical plothole infested hideous piece of thrash. E.g. Mars of Destruction.

And when I think back about it, the last episode of Hidan no Aria fits the premise just perfectly.

Jan 4, 2013 12:19 PM

I've only given out two 1's, and they were to Gakkatsu and the Kampfer picture drama. Maybe I didn't give Gakkatsu a chance, but the Kampfer picture drama was irredeemable. Sad, because I loved Kampfer xD

Jan 4, 2013 12:26 PM

yet to find a show that bad and hope to keep things that way

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 4, 2013 12:30 PM

CNile said:
Jovoo said:

The show started to suffer once it began deviating from that, and tried to become something more.

I agree completely. One of the worst things that can happen to a good series is for it to try and become something more, something it isn't. After episode 25, Death Note tried to change, and tried to up the scale of the show, adding a lot more characters and some additional organizations, and I think that was a huge mistake, it was perfect the way it was. I think it would have been a perfect 10/10 if it had ended on episode 25, and Yugioh GX would have been much better if it hadn't done the same.

It's a gamble. If it does succeed in its ambitions it becomes a 10, a great show and what not. Otherwise it will be one of 'those' that tried and failed. But for any show, that step is a slippery one indeed, a greedy step, so to speak. But most have to take it if they wanna consider themselves 'epic'. And I use those comas in the most sarcastic way possible.

Jan 4, 2013 12:35 PM
Haven't rated anything that low yet.

Would probably have:

-Terrible production values
-Flat/annoying characters
-Nonsensical plot
-Cliche
I like pie.

Jan 4, 2013 12:36 PM

Tavor said:

Ditto.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »