Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 4, 2013 9:07 AM

Feb 2012
So "The final showdown" between Black Hanekawa and Araragi takes place in the cram school with some certain events in Nekomonogatari: black, uhhrught?
Isn't this even supposed to be "equivalent" to the one that took place in the Bakemonogatari Ep 11 (Tsubasa Cat Part 1) where they made a five minutes summary of what happened during golden week. Even if the outcome was the same: Shinobu draining the energy from Black Hanekawa, they still takes place at completely different locations and are played out quite differently.
Isn't this a bit wierd or am I completely missing out on something?
PetterssonJan 4, 2013 9:11 AM
Jan 4, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2009
I found this weird as well when I finished up the Neko: Kuro novel a few weeks ago.

Obviously the end of Nekomonogatari: Kuro shows the final showdown when Koyomi is cut in half in the cram school, and Shinobou draining Black Hanekawa dry.

But in the flashback featured in Bakemonogatari, it shows Koyomi approaching Black Hanekawa in either an alleyway or street(can't remember), then Shinobou jumps her from behind and drains her.

As mugimugi said, Nekomnogatari: Kuro wasn't finished by then, so I guess SHAFT wanted to take a guess of how it played out.
Jan 4, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2012
I guess we have come to a conclusion then: Shaft
Jan 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
Neko;kuro novel was released in June 2010, Bake anime started in July 2009.

So yeah, anime staff at then wasn't expecting that at all, and it would be silly to make the fight happen in a street to keep the consistency.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 6, 2013 12:28 AM

Sep 2009
Aside from the chronologically confused area where Bake was a flashback to earlier events, that the story was still in continuation, staying true to the whole cerebral atmosphere of the franchise I think it's pretty safe to chop it up into human error on Koyomi Araragi's part. It's not uncommon that the human mind reconstructs memories to fit present perception and circumstances; being torn in half and all might have played its part as well.
Jan 6, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2012
LordLagann said:
Aside from the chronologically confused area where Bake was a flashback to earlier events, that the story was still in continuation, staying true to the whole cerebral atmosphere of the franchise I think it's pretty safe to chop it up into human error on Koyomi Araragi's part. It's not uncommon that the human mind reconstructs memories to fit present perception and circumstances; being torn in half and all might have played its part as well.

While plausible, sounds like a pretty weak excuse. ;)
Jan 6, 2013 2:56 AM

Sep 2009
nil- said:

While plausible, sounds like a pretty weak excuse. ;)

Shh, don't ruin the magic :3
Jan 6, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
One thing that I don't mind about the version shown in Bake, is that it work as a good showcasing of Black Hanekawa as an intro for the Tsubasa Cat arc than anything else. Other than that, anime staff probably didn't know about it till the novel was released, so I commend them for trying to give a brief take on the Golden Week incident. Nevertheless, Neko (Kuro) obviously takes the cake in terms of how it was handled.
ronriJan 6, 2013 9:23 AM
Jan 9, 2013 2:30 AM
Aug 2007
I remember Hanekawa saying in the commentaries or maybe it was later in the series, that even though she didn't remember it, it definitely didn't play out like this and that details are omitted

I'm too lazy to go back into the commentaries to try and find it though.
Jan 30, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Is it just me or is bekemonogatari 5 min long reminiscence better than the whole nekomonogatari black ?
Well maybe i just dont like Hanekawa - she was my least liked girl in bake and after seeing how messed up she was in Neko (kuro) I like her even less. She should just stay in her Cat form forever.
Yet still I am glad for nekomonogatari(kuro) even if only for tsukihi scenes, and adorable silent Shinobu is so much cuter when she isnt speaking tsundering with that noble tone of hers.

Cant wait for kizu and 2nd season in summer. My hart is with Nadeko (please dont tell she will get bashed there - Ive heart abaout it but I am still happy to see her again (just without that ugly headband from Nise)

Cheers to all Monogatari series fans !
Jan 30, 2013 6:20 PM
Jan 2013
Truth:

Nekomonogatari was not even really out when that part in Bakemonogatari is animated. That's why the part in animation and the content of Nekomonogatari has to be different.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

266 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

121 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

121 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

153 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 17, 7:05 AM

» explain pls

Tauronek - Sep 6, 2017

5 by Rob7 »»
Nov 8, 2022 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.