Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 20, 2017 9:25 PM

Sep 2014
Telomeres Son! Ep 14.

Plot: Saki and Satoru go back to the village for appearance while Maria stays behind with Mamoru. Saki and MAria get a nice moment. Upon arriving Saki is questioned by the Ethics group but meets them with a strong will. And in comes Tomiko, giving Saki time to bring back her friends or they will face elimination.

But...it looks like they're gone.

Character: You go Saki. Show no fear. Give em the middle Finger!

Anyone else notice that Satoru seems more unnecessary or forgotten alot.

I still hate the Ethics committee and I dislike Tomiko even with her help.

Animation/sound: The snowy scenes of Maria holding Mamoru saying they'll be together was beautiful. As well as the moment with her and Skai. SO much love. So much sadness to come.

4/5. All snow melts away.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 30, 2017 7:19 PM

Nov 2016
This is soo good.

Now we know the secret behind Tomikos good look despite beeing a grandma, but 267 was indeed surprising, even though it makes sense, since she seemed to be so well informed about every major incident during the last years.

And the episode ended with a cliffhanger again..

4:17 AM and the question is sleep or continue.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, exactly what I expected. Tomiko is such an interesting character with a strong ability too! Hm, I wonder if she can control her looks too (or the speed that she visibly ages) and when she had children and grandchildren XD Either way glad that she intervened with the Board of Education, since we clearly can see they weren't too happy with Saki and Satoru. I wonder what the "plans" for the other Group One members are - we have Tomiko who wants Saki to replace her, and probably they wanted Shun as well, but he had to be disposed of. How about the other three? Hmm ... well either way it seems as though Maria had planned to disappear with Mamoru all along ... oh boy. Looks like we're gonna get more queerats getting involved and some drama on that front as well? :O
Feb 12, 2018 9:17 PM

Aug 2017
Grandma's youth explanation was good, i was thinking that it was not so important. I don't blame Maria of why she wants to escape, she was scared. So the Education committee are the main antagonists? Please, kill Mamoru. 4/5
NurguburuFeb 12, 2018 9:35 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 11, 2018 7:36 AM
Aug 2015
I don't get the 5:25 --> 6:10 moment.

It looks like Maria told Saki about her and Mamoru leaving forever. Especially at 5:55.
But Saki doesn't know that at this point.

Is this a plot hole, or Saki was just imagining the scene?
Mar 17, 2018 3:51 AM

May 2016
That's one hell of an ability she has, could she be generous and share some of it with us.
May 9, 2018 7:13 PM

Jan 2018
All this talk about telomeres just gave me some Biology flashbacks.

Dec 19, 2018 10:39 PM

May 2013
Ohhhhhhhhh. I thought Maria mouthed "aishiteru" earlier but it was "sayonara" lol. Suicide or nahhhhhhh? :X

I'm liking that 267 year old baba haha. She's nice so far :P
Apr 24, 2019 8:21 AM

Sep 2014
"Sayonara" Darn it I feared this episode! And here it was.

Interestingly Sakis memories of it were a bit more in depth than what we saw happening.

For a 267 year old she looks good to be honest. Power of anime I guess.

We also got a lot more explanations about the society, its really one of the most interesting dystopian settings I have ever seen.

This anime finally reached the point where its easy to binge, something was holding me back for the first half.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 1, 2019 12:11 PM

Oct 2015
The inquest was quite stupid to be frank. They should've known that comparing the two's stories to see if they corroborate was the most effective method of distinguishing lies from the truths. But no they gave her Satoru's answers like a complete idiot.

Group 1 has become Tomiko's small scale experiment to seek a worthy cantidate for the headship of Ethics Committee after the kids found the false minoshiro. That's why their lives were spared. Given their history of massacres I would think the committee wouldn't endeavor such a risky ordeal but okay. I wonder why is she seeking a successor given her regenerative abilities, maybe she's tired from living for all this time and wants to pass on, hmm.
Nov 17, 2019 4:03 PM

Feb 2017
Tomiko just became my favourite character. What a cool super power and role in this show.
Feb 6, 2020 6:17 AM

Dec 2018
The board of education be like:

Seems this is the breaking point of their chain of relationship.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 3, 2020 3:24 PM

Aug 2019
Saki and Tomiko were really awesome this episode in front of the questioning committee, loved how Saki stood up to that bitch. Wow, so Tomiko is actually 267 years old lol, no wonder she looks so young. But that's quite a cool power she has. Still, not sure if she is completely trustworthy. Welp, that cliffhanger at the end and the preview looks very interesting.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Nov 5, 2020 3:16 PM

Jul 2017
This show and the story is just a massive avalanche at this point of just events going down, but I have to say, this episode was one of the strongest so far. Saki's growing as a character on me again and I also have to say I was impressed with the world building again, especially during Tomiko's convo with Saki. Plus Maria leaving with Mamoru was nicely done too given how quick and rushed the whole thing was at the very beginning. The suspense in general was good with this episode.
Nov 27, 2020 8:42 AM

Jan 2020
Satoru's grandmother is basically immortal, huh? I was wondering why she has so much influence, well, now I know.

Mamoru and Maria are in trouble, though. Satoru and Saki might be in trouble as well if they fail to find them, which is quite likely. 3 days are all what they have after all.
Feb 9, 2021 9:20 PM
Jan 2021
I found it interesting, and a bit disturbing, when she said most children are continuously hypnotized to keep then under control.
Makes me think it is a parallel for the trade-off in society between freedom and safety.
Feb 7, 2022 12:14 PM
Nov 2020
Wtffff she's 267 I mean she's still beautiful but sheesh she looks 27
Apr 29, 2022 4:25 PM

Jan 2020
Hopefully Tomiko is fully trustworthy. Whereas the other adults are outright lying, she's a lot more on the sly. I don't necessarily think she has ill-intentions, but she's clearly a much more reserved character and so far hasn't had any particular tells. If she's going to end up having ulterior motives, it'll probably be too late to see them coming.

Board of Education Committee sucks!

Other than that, I kind of doubt Mamoru and Maria committed suicide. I mean, I guess you can't rule it out entirely, but considering that they're together I wouldn't be surprised if they tried roughin' it before anything else. Unfortunately, I doubt Tomiko was lying about their fates. If they're still alive, it probably won't be for long.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 21, 2023 5:35 PM

Mar 2018
this show got so boring
hello hello
Mar 1, 11:37 AM
Jan 2021
If the lady is truly 267 years old, then how can she be the grandmother of Satoru, a 14/15-year-old boy?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.