Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Mar 14, 2018 7:31 PM
Sep 2015
Ok, this made absolutely no sense to me.

First, all the economics of war stuff. Why can't the Central Nations keep sending food to the South without war? Why were some kids being burned alive (I assume) inside a cottage to "prevent demon sickness from spreading"? If they had the plague, that has nothing to do with starvation. Why the hell would humanity "be destroyed" if the war ends? I get that having a common enemy keeps the humans from fighting each other, but that's it. None of the other stuff made any sense.

And then her plan which is - getting hitched and "seeing what's on the other side" whatever that means? And along the way they'll be killing people and doing horrible things, based on what they're saying? Like possibly ending the war somehow maybe?

Seriously, WTF is going on here?
Oct 15, 2018 11:26 AM

Sep 2017
kalinime said:
Ok, this made absolutely no sense to me.

First, all the economics of war stuff. Why can't the Central Nations keep sending food to the South without war? Why were some kids being burned alive (I assume) inside a cottage to "prevent demon sickness from spreading"? If they had the plague, that has nothing to do with starvation. Why the hell would humanity "be destroyed" if the war ends? I get that having a common enemy keeps the humans from fighting each other, but that's it. None of the other stuff made any sense.

First, the war between the humans and the demons emerged due to a lack of resources. Overpopulation caused a depletion of resources, which caused a serious crisis. This was because if the Southern Nations became overpopulated, the resources in the nation would diminish, and thus create a self insufficiency crisis. Thus, they created the war, which due to plundering of territories, made them able to sustain the nations for the time being. That and the lots of soldiers being killed made them able to sustain the armies somehow.

(Also the fact that armies live on very poor rations made them able to conserve food supply).

People were killed to prevent demon sickness in order to stop overpopulation. That's it. Simple. The poor were being killed so that more resources would be available to the other people and hence delay self starvation. If there were no demons, everyone would fight each other and not only would that be a waste of resources, but also a total destruction of civilization itself.

And then her plan which is - getting hitched and "seeing what's on the other side" whatever that means? And along the way they'll be killing people and doing horrible things, based on what they're saying? Like possibly ending the war somehow maybe?

I guess you need to watch a few more episodes for that. Seeing the other side means she wants to see what happens when the war ends.OBVIOUSLY. And the horrible things mentioned here is becoz the hero and demon queen uniting obviously is viewed as a horrible thing by people. I mean, how would you feel if Batman and Joker just said they have become BFFs? (Don't answer that.)

Killing people is becoz they chose not to stop the war since stopping means that the countries will have to rely on agricultural output, which is way low. So as war not stopped, people will get killed.

Getting hitched is anime logic.

You gotta live with that.

This anime gives a better explanation of why war happens than Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 13, 2019 12:55 AM

Aug 2017
Demon is cute. I don't like the OP or ED but this anime might have promise.
Jul 6, 2019 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
Marrige proposal in first EP WOW :D

fake horns?! dam thats dissapointing a bit 😁

i made a lot of jokes on my own watching this, 1example, yes its crime to attack pretty face and large boobs good man u made right choice to stop 😂

that body billow 😂😂😂😂

Sugram22Apr 13, 2021 9:49 AM
Sep 24, 2019 2:00 PM
Mar 2018
I loved everything about this episode!!! I am not a fan of overlarge boobs, but I thought the demon king's boobs fit her totally. I hope the rest of the episodes are as good.
Jun 12, 2020 12:44 PM
Jan 2018
Seems a bit rushed
Sep 7, 2020 6:26 AM

Oct 2018
Well this is very disappointing. I didint except this shit.
Im not really sure if I should keep watching this or drop it.
I feel like its just really dumb fan service for guys.

Its like:"Oh she has big boobs!"
Okay, dude we get it -_-

Apr 13, 2021 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
its a world builder anime like Maou-sama, Retry and Reincarnated as slime, if u have seen either u will know what ur getting in to
Dec 31, 2021 8:37 AM
May 2020
I really like the first episode with its emphasis of economic success on war which is obviously related to real life and certain wars. Demon King is Leng. Nigga damn
Mar 16, 2022 4:24 PM

Jan 2021
That was kinda wholesome ngl
Nov 11, 2022 7:58 AM
May 2021
the fuck with this whats up with saying war is for benefit even while knowing the concequences of it by naming some economic facts
Jan 29, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
The MC animation reminds me of chain chronicle MC..
Good plot at first ep..
Let's see what happend next!

Mar 10, 2023 6:05 PM
Nov 2015
Jesus Christ. I didn't expect something this good.
The first episode just blew me away. Spot-on my cup of tea.
Mar 18, 2023 10:10 PM
Mar 2023
it's not bad i just lost interest after the first ep, though it was a bit boring how fast the main mc's got together
Oct 31, 2023 2:16 PM
Jul 2023
too much fan service
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.