Forum Settings
Forums

Is there any other Americans who love being American?

New
Jan 3, 2013 12:00 AM

Jun 2011
As a second generation American I really do love this country, but it seems like every American on the "internet" seems to hate America for no legitimate reason. It seems they all hate America just because everyone else does. Do you think for the most part that's the only reason? Also, most of these people that hate America were born in America,(as were there grandmas and their grandma's grandma were), so it makes me to believe they really don't appreciate the country that gave birth to them.They feel like they own it. I'm so fucking happy I wasn't born in the country my family was born in. Am I right to think like this or am I just a patriotic dumbass?
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 3, 2013 12:03 AM

Jun 2008
Lolers....this should be good!
Jan 3, 2013 12:04 AM

Apr 2012
Have some gasoline
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 3, 2013 12:04 AM

Nov 2011
America is The Eagle and The Radiant Cross.
The Art of Eight
Jan 3, 2013 12:05 AM

Nov 2011
Only one way I can express how I feel about my country America.
THROUGH SONG!

Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 3, 2013 12:05 AM

Feb 2008
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:
I am just a patriotic dumbass

Your words, not mine.
Jan 3, 2013 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
tbh I love America and I love living here. No fucks to give.
Jan 3, 2013 12:10 AM

Oct 2012
I don't really 'salute' to a country for all its 'glory' when a certain group of Europeans exterminated the Native Americans, yet is the pot calling the kettle black when saying the Nazis were the most atrocious in their actions in regard to the Jews.
If it really is a free country, why is it a requirement for all students to say the Pledge of Allegiance?
You could say I don't really favor patriotism, but that's for any country.

There some things I'm grateful for being in America but at the same time, I see it's not all cracked up to be.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 3, 2013 12:13 AM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
I don't really 'salute' to a country for all its 'glory' when a certain group of Europeans exterminated the Native Americans, yet is the pot calling the kettle black when saying the Nazis were the most atrocious in their actions in regard to the Jews.
If it really is a free country, why is it a requirement for all students to say the Pledge of Allegiance?

There some things I'm grateful for being in America but at the same time, I see it's not all cracked up to be.

Isnt that a good thing? You know, learning from your mistakes. Also, the 1600s were a different time.
The Art of Eight
Jan 3, 2013 12:14 AM

Aug 2012
I don't really hate America. I don't agree with a lot things we have done, and a lot of the people here are pretty terrible, but it is a nice country to live in. I'm planning on moving to Japan after college though.

Jun 2008
Early contender for best thread of 2013?

Oct 2012
dankickyou said:
Tavor said:

Isnt that a good thing? You know, learning from your mistakes. Also, the 1600s were a different time.

I could also bring up the Waco, Tx incident.

Jan 3, 2013 12:15 AM

Jul 2007
I can see this going well.
Jan 3, 2013 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
dankickyou said:
Tavor said:

What does the Waco siege got to do with anything? D:
The Art of Eight
Jan 3, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2012
dankickyou said:
Tavor said:
dankickyou said:
Tavor said:

What does the Waco siege got to do with anything? D:

That mistakes will always be made.

Jun 2011
America was once a world leader, but it has become a joke. Why would I be proud of a country that's so backwards compared to most of the civilized world?

Nov 2011
I don't have problems with the country itself.

I have problems with some of its people. They call them 'Ignorant Patriots' who go. "Hey Commies, US is #1 in everything bitches!!!"

Nothing wrong with loving your country but take it like that. To me, unacceptable.
Jan 3, 2013 12:22 AM

Jun 2009
I think there are draw backs to being anything. In fact being part of any group or any society, someone will tell you something or know something bad about it. It is true that some Americans are not proud of being in America. However, I find it hard to believe that there are not people like that everywhere. It is only by being part of something though, that you have a right to complain about it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jan 3, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2008
Narmy said:
America was once a world leader, but it has become a joke. Why would I be proud of a country that's so backwards compared to most of the civilized world?

I don't think it became a joke, it just never got with the times.

It's stuck in 1970-80....while the rest of the first world moved on.

The only hope for the U.S is to let go of it's ridiculous notion that they're "#1" when almost every important statistical category that matters (such as health care, infrastructure, education, low crime, etc.) say other wise.

Accept that there are real problems and restore the country, and for fucks sake, let go of the fucking military industrial complex! Enough with the world police bullshit!

Oh and having a country that is so damn ignorant when it comes to what's happening around the world, also doesn't help.
Jan 3, 2013 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:

You lost me. I never said anything about the complete abolishment of mistakes. My point being that Americans hating nazis is a good thing as it shows the advancement of morals ie genocide isnt fun guys. A siege brought by a group of maniacs cant be compared to the extermination of native Americans which took hundreds of years and was the doing of many world powers and the Nazi military machine going nuts on half the world.
The Art of Eight
Jan 3, 2013 12:30 AM
May 2012
Damn, I expect many LULZ in this thread. But I will say it's refreshing to see someone from the States online who isn't preaching from their soapbox about how much better they are than the typical "American" hick or all the played out stereotypes of Americans.

But yeah, the States are not a bad place to be in this world. But there are plenty of fantastic countries out there that people call home too, and people everywhere are just people, it's normal to love where you're from.

USA, fuck yeah.
Jan 3, 2013 12:34 AM

Sep 2011
I love being in the USA, but I can see why people would be frustrated. I just ignore a lot of the stupid stuff that people say and do. Or I just laugh at it. It's not like a few stupid people represent what my actions are like.
^_^
Jan 3, 2013 12:34 AM

Oct 2012
dankickyou said:
Tavor said:

You lost me. I never said anything about the complete abolishment of mistakes. My point being that Americans hating nazis is a good thing as it shows the advancement of morals ie genocide isnt fun guys. A siege brought by a group of maniacs cant be compared to the extermination of native Americans which took hundreds of years and was the doing of many world powers and the Nazi military machine going nuts on half the world.

I suppose I was lightly confused about what you meant by "Isnt that a good thing? You know, learning from your mistakes. Also, the 1600s were a different time."

Anyway, I'll try to approach this another why, I do not really want to show/support patriotism founded on such hypocrisy. Again though, I realize that not a single country didn't dirty their hands to some degree, I just don't see through the people that keep believing America is great and the best over everyone else or that cliche statement, "Those troops are protecting our freedom!".
As long as you're under a government, I'm afraid there's nothing called freedom, as freedom can only be achieved through death.
Note: I respect troops that are risking their lives, but do not respect the government that sends them out.

Jan 3, 2013 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
Tavor said:
dankickyou said:
Tavor said:

I suppose I was lightly confused about what you meant by "Isnt that a good thing? You know, learning from your mistakes. Also, the 1600s were a different time."

Anyway, I'll try to approach this another why, I do not really want to show/support patriotism founded on such hypocrisy. Again though, I realize that not a single country didn't dirty their hands to some degree, I just don't see through the people that keep believing America is great and the best over everyone else or that cliche statement, "Those troops are protecting our freedom!".
As long as you're under a government, I'm afraid there's nothing called freedom, as freedom can only be achieved through death.
Note: I respect troops that are risking their lives, but do not respect the government that sends them out.

The Art of Eight
Jan 3, 2013 12:39 AM

Jun 2011
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jan 3, 2013 12:39 AM

Oct 2012
dankickyou said:

Imperialism and hegemony all the way!
Lol.

Jan 3, 2013 2:06 AM

Apr 2011
I like being American. I may not like a lot of the crap that goes on, but it's not enough to stop me from liking where I'm from.
Jan 3, 2013 2:38 AM

May 2009
I'm not American, but I can tell you I have a good ass time in Amsterdam.
Jan 3, 2013 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
I love my country, but I despise our current government. America has far too many issues of it's own to be bombing the shit out of everyone right now.
Jan 3, 2013 3:11 AM

Jun 2008
Well they certainly give us fun motivationals.
Jan 3, 2013 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
Been there 3 times on vacation. Loved the food they had there.
Everything is so XL size... (even the people) when I walked through the mall I felt being so skinny..
Jan 3, 2013 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
I hate it. I'm also not white in the state of PA (north east), so that might be part of the reason why.

I probably would find flaws anywhere I lived though. To be honest I think it's more like I hate the specific area I live in rather than the country.
Jan 3, 2013 6:47 AM

Oct 2011
I am an American.I am proud to be an American.
I am proud of the good things America has done or is doing,but I am disgusted by the bad things this country has done or is doing (looking at you Congress & animation industry).
Is it the best country in the world?Hell no.Is it the worst?.................Nope.

I'm content with the fact that I was born an American,wouldn't imagine being anything else.

American who don't like America?I don't care,you certainly have the right to voice that opinion.Hell,we need some critics to pick apart mistakes that need to be fix.

Just my 2 American cents.
JeddyVIIJan 3, 2013 6:51 AM
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jan 3, 2013 6:49 AM
Jul 2012
America Fuck Yeah!

I like America, but I love New York as a state more, fuck everything else.
Jan 3, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2007
To the OP,
I think some people hate America because they like going with the flow of others and I also think many people hate America because they feel they have been wronged in some form or fashion. It is true that many people don't appreciate this country, but that is because many of the hardships that our ancestors faced while making this country what it is today. I don't think this country is perfect, but given my living conditions now compared to what they were back then. I am grateful. Is there still opportunities to improve. You bet your sweet ass there is, but that doesn't stop me from loving this country. I acknowledge the negative things about America, but I also take the time to love the positives. I think that is just because I like to be a positive person and it doesn't matter what country I am from. I would have a sense of pride knowing that I am from whatever country I may be from. I don't think you are a patriotic dumbass, but that's because I don't know if you are a dumbass or not.
Jan 3, 2013 7:28 AM

Jul 2012
I dont really care

theres people that act like american in other countries

I mean its not like, Guys I was born american, so I have SUPER POWERS, now Im going to go rub it in all the other countries faces and start a war.

STAY OUT OF WARS THAT ARENT YOURS, and everything will be ok
Jan 3, 2013 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
Still thinking of this one (insert professor chewing gif here).

I enjoy the luxuries that American middle class life gives me, but I'm not quite happy about how we go about achieving that.

Shit politics are everywhere anywhere, so that's the least of what I don't like about the US.
Jan 3, 2013 7:47 AM

Dec 2007
MellowJello said:
Still thinking of this one.

I enjoy the luxuries that American middle class life gives me, but I'm not quite happy about how we go about achieving that.

Shit politics are everywhere anywhere, so that's the least of what I don't like about the US.

there ya go
Jan 3, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
xracerx17 said:
MellowJello said:
Still thinking of this one.

there ya go

Love ya <3 (it's already on my profile though teehee)
Jan 3, 2013 8:53 AM
Dec 2012
I love this country, and hate some of its people, but they're like loading times during a video game. It's not enough to ruin the experience for me and go "THIS THING IS A PIECE OF SHIT. LET ME FIND EVERY REASON TO NOT LIKE THIS IN CASE I BRING THIS UP TO SOMEONE AND NEED TO PROVIDE MORE REASONS."

However, I still wanna move to Japan. Still love the U.S.A.
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Jan 3, 2013 9:50 AM
Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Have some gasoline

Do you know how many people from America donated to Japan? All that pic did was take a few individuals who don't even represent 0.001% of the population and use that to generalize an entire country
Jan 3, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
Jan 3, 2013 10:08 AM

Oct 2012

USA has basically been in war constantly since WW1.
Jan 3, 2013 10:10 AM

Oct 2012
"In order for government to exist, it must create new enemies"

Jan 3, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Davisx3m said:
Haters gonna hate
Jan 3, 2013 10:14 AM
Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:
Davisx3m said:
Haters gonna hate

I'd give you a high five if you were near me. We need more patriots!
Jan 3, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2012
trueld said:

Do you know how many people from America donated to Japan? All that pic did was take a few individuals who don't even represent 0.001% of the population and use that to generalize an entire country

Just because many Americans donated, doesn't mean they donated for the right reasons.

The picture is focused on the hearts of Americans, not where their money goes.

Robo Lynch said:
for all i care japan can suck it for what they did to pearl harbor. but the reason why i donated is because i want more video games. :D
Jan 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Jun 2011
We did much worse to Hiroshima and Nagasaki anyway, why are they still upset about Pearl Harbor?
Jan 3, 2013 10:30 AM

Dec 2007
JReitan said:
trueld said:

Just because many Americans donated, doesn't mean they donated for the right reasons.

The picture is focused on the hearts of THOSE Americans, not where their money goes.

I changed it up a little bit because that picture depicts how those Americans feel. Not the entire country. There are also Americans that were personally effected by the tragedy and to say that the picture shows all of America is stating that those that were concerned are not real Americans or that their thoughts didn't matter. Which is not the case at all. America is diverse and has many views. Your post kind of bothered me for some reason...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

30 by Zarutaku »»
35 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

670 by SynthwaveCrusade »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

99 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

38 by fae »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

42 by fae »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.