Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 23, 2013 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Papde said:
ninjaluc79 said:

From how I see it, BB uses your emotional scars to create your Duel Avatar. The more unique the scar is, the more unique it's ability would be. Haru's issues about his figure and low confidence gave him Silver Crow, the first Duel Avatar to gain true flight (Raker's jetpack doesn't count as true flight).

Since when are weight and bullying problems unique?

thats a good question
Jan 23, 2013 4:32 AM

May 2012
zktaichou said:

Thanks. I just wished that Haru's design were easier on the eyes. It would've improved the whole experience for viewers, or for me at the very least. I just kinda hate how I'm always reminded about the one and only thing I hate in this anime, and it pops out in every single episode haha....

Yeah, being the ONLY fat character in the anime is one thing but his character and personalities just make this anime unbearable to watch. I still finish the anime though because i don't like to do half ass job.

Personally, the anime could be better if Haru doesn't have such pathetic character and personalities OR have such pathetic character but with normal character design.
Jan 23, 2013 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
''Cool-looking Main character? that`s too Mainstream'' - Kawahara, Reki

In every harem series, many girls like the MC because he is too handsome.
but why the girls in AW like Haru the pig? he is such a coward crybaby pussy pig.

so which MC side are you?
Gary Sue(Kirito) or the Fat guy?(Haru the chubby pig)
Jan 23, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2012
ElfinMint said:

but why the girls in AW like Haru the pig? he is such a coward crybaby pussy pig.

what are you talking about in most harems the MC isn't handsome ( average or a little above average look) and sometimes wimpy and have few redeming quality not enough to explain the harem in the first place .
Jan 23, 2013 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
ElfinMint said:

what are you talking about in most harems the MC isn't handsome ( average or a little above average look) and sometimes wimpy and have few redeming quality not enough to explain the harem in the first place .

Most Male-harem lead sucks.

but i like Kamijou Touma, Koyomi Araragi, Kyousuke Kousaka, Sugisaki Ken, Tomoki Sakurai, Okabe Rintarou, Ayumu Aikawa and Kirito. (these were the only Male-lead harem character i like)
Jan 23, 2013 11:09 AM
Nov 2010
ElfinMint said:

because he's a nice person.
Jan 24, 2013 4:57 AM

Dec 2012
Haru's character design is the only unique thing about him, if you can look past his unrealistic appearance then he's just the average, socially awkward, wimpy beta protagonist that meets a pretty girl and somehow randomly forms a harem. Hope this helps you OP.
Jan 24, 2013 5:00 AM
Mar 2012
even what's wrong is right in this website
Jan 24, 2013 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
i have been wanting to ask , how is haru a harem lead? kurohime and chiwya likes him who else?
Jan 24, 2013 11:03 AM
Nov 2010
tsudecimo said:
i have been wanting to ask , how is haru a harem lead? kurohime and chiwya likes him who else?
probably these

http://myanimelist.net/character/62609/Aqua_Current
http://myanimelist.net/character/62607/Yuniko_Kouzuki
http://myanimelist.net/character/66893/Fuuko_Kurasaki
Jan 24, 2013 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Z-flame said:
tsudecimo said:
probably these

None of them have feelings for haru....
Jan 24, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
Z-flame said:
tsudecimo said:
probably these

He would be very soon in S2 or beyond depending on how they pace it
Jan 24, 2013 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
ThangLong said:
tsudecimo said:
Z-flame said:
tsudecimo said:
probably these

He would be very soon in S2 or beyond depending on how they pace it

spoil it for me plz
Jan 24, 2013 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

spoil it for me plz

As for the specifics, you can ask me on my account.
Jan 25, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2010
Monde11 said:
Haru's character design is the only unique thing about him, if you can look past his unrealistic appearance then he's just the average, socially awkward, wimpy beta protagonist that meets a pretty girl and somehow randomly forms a harem.

Hurr durr, because anime MCs are supposed to be socially adept alpha males who treat their girls like sex toys and can easily tell whether a female likes him or not in a single glance, right? /sarcasm
ninjaluc79Jan 25, 2013 12:31 AM
Jan 25, 2013 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
Monde11 said:
Haru's character design is the only unique thing about him, if you can look past his unrealistic appearance then he's just the average, socially awkward, wimpy beta protagonist that meets a pretty girl and somehow randomly forms a harem.

Hurr durr, because anime MCs are supposed to be socially adept alpha males who treat their girls like sex toys and can easily tell whether a female likes him or not in a single glance, right? /sarcasm

he is right still don't find something unique about haru personality to make him the first flying dueling avatar but he is the MC so let leave it at that
Jan 25, 2013 12:33 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, wait. So by that logic, does it mean that true flight isn't supposed to ba rare ability in Accel World, and any wimpy MC ever can have this ability should they acquire Brain Burst?

But you know, an average Western viewer has different views on what is cool than an Eastern viewer. What may be considered awesome here in the East might be considered sissy in the West.
Jan 25, 2013 12:43 AM

Dec 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
Oh, wait. So by that logic, does it mean that true flight isn't supposed to ba rare ability in Accel World, and any wimpy MC ever can have this ability should they acquire Brain Burst?

But you know, an average Western viewer has different views on what is cool than an Eastern viewer. What may be considered awesome here in the East might be considered sissy in the West.

lol love your logic , i never said flight isn't a rare abiility ( when did i even imply that ._. ? ) but yea by the holy power of being a MC any wimpy male lead would have it , if anything haru is way wimpier than the average MC also how the scar suppose to represent the avatars explain why he is a slim and talll not the fly thing
and as far as i know being modest is respected more in japan than let's say USA but it is not the same as being a wimp and i really doubt someone east or west find being a cry baby "cool" or " awesome"
Jan 25, 2013 1:13 AM

Jun 2010
tsudecimo said:
ninjaluc79 said:

lol love your logic , i never said flight isn't a rare abiility ( when did i even imply that ._. ? ) but yea by the holy power of being a MC any wimpy male lead would have it , if anything haru is way wimpier than the average MC also how the scar suppose to represent the avatars explain why he is a slim and talll not the fly thing
and as far as i know being modest is respected more in japan than let's say USA but it is not the same as being a wimp and i really doubt someone east or west find being a cry baby "cool" or " awesome"

Of course not.

If Haru was slim and tall like Taku, he would have slightly different reasons for being bullied. He would be bullied for being TOO THIN, TOO SMALL, TOO INTELLIGENT, TOO WEAK, or something like that.

He would then gain a Duel Avatar with a different but more boring but overpowered ability (Flight in AW sure is rare, but it's not that OP. Elemental Powers can become OP with proper training, but they have already been done to death). AND if he was able to sort out himself in a span of HALF A FREAKING EPISODE (because the ideal zero-to-hero MC is supposed to turn into a badass unrealistically quickly), he would grow TOO FAST, the Six Kings would be much easier to defeat, and the plot would end TOO QUICKLY.

And THEN, people would keep asking for more asskicking from the MC. Rinse and repeat until author runs out of ideas.
Jan 25, 2013 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
tsudecimo said:
ninjaluc79 said:

Of course not.

If Haru was slim and tall like Taku, he would have slightly different reasons for being bullied. He would be bullied for being TOO THIN, TOO SMALL, TOO INTELLIGENT, TOO WEAK, or something like that.

He would then gain a Duel Avatar with a different but more boring but overpowered ability (Flight in AW sure is rare, but it's not that OP. Elemental Powers can become OP with proper training, but they have already been done to death). AND if he was able to sort out himself in a span of HALF A FREAKING EPISODE (because the ideal zero-to-hero MC is supposed to turn into a badass unrealistically quickly), he would grow TOO FAST, the Six Kings would be much easier to defeat, and the plot would end TOO QUICKLY.

And THEN, people would keep asking for more asskicking from the MC. Rinse and repeat until author runs out of ideas.

i don't get what you are trying to say at all.....
Jan 25, 2013 4:20 AM

Dec 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
Monde11 said:

What are you talking about? I'm just pointing out why Haru really is nothing special, at no point did I mention what they are supposed to be.
Jan 27, 2013 11:04 AM
Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
ninjaluc79 said:
tsudecimo said:
ninjaluc79 said:

Of course not.

i don't get what you are trying to say at all.....

ninjaluc, u know, u described Taku perfectly, bullied because he was small, weak, too ambitious for his age. But I don't see him getting an imba skill. You're theory crafting on 'what if' scenarios, which is endless and not worth getting into.

And I have to agree with you, tsudecimo. There's quite a few people who supports Haru, stating that he is unique and different from the others, but always remember that that is not always good. For all the love that he is getting, I find it quite ironical that the same supporters do not condemn his duel avatar for having the same characteristics of over 90% anime characters. What happened to being unique from other animes? Unless of course, they're deliberately closing one eye to just argue the side which are more favourable to them =)
Jan 27, 2013 12:02 PM
Nov 2010
Monde11 said:
ninjaluc79 said:
Monde11 said:

What are you talking about? I'm just pointing out why Haru really is nothing special, at no point did I mention what they are supposed to be.
He's the first avatar with a flight ability.
Jan 27, 2013 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
To answer tsudecimo since you are my friend ;) Haru has two attributes: fat and short. Of course, the BB's avatar characteristic represents scar, a person they wanted to be. Slim and lanky >< fat Haru. Flying >< short Haru who is looked down by his peers all the time, thus he wanted to fly, higher than everyone else. This is evidenced in the first episode dream sequence, people were looking down at Haru, stomping on him.
Other character scars are also represented well in the anime:

Accel World is a pretty well-thought-out series. The more you read into it, the more you will realize that.
Note: Some people was wondering why Haru has to be short, this is exactly the reason: to explain why he wishes to fly
Jan 27, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
zktaichou said:

ninjaluc, u know, u described Taku perfectly, bullied because he was small, weak, too ambitious for his age. But I don't see him getting an imba skill. You're theory crafting on 'what if' scenarios, which is endless and not worth getting into.

Flying is not imba, it's just unique. In fact, flying can be countered easily as evidenced in the series. Furthermore, many other skills are OP, for instance Noumi's Demon Command Lime Bell's Time Reversal. The only true advantage for flying is that you can look at Accel World's magnificent environment with a totally different view point, from above.
zktaichou said:

And I have to agree with you, tsudecimo. There's quite a few people who supports Haru, stating that he is unique and different from the others, but always remember that that is not always good. For all the love that he is getting, I find it quite ironical that the same supporters do not condemn his duel avatar for having the same characteristics of over 90% anime characters. What happened to being unique from other animes? Unless of course, they're deliberately closing one eye to just argue the side which are more favourable to them =)

I think you have to give the poor Haru dude a break. He is a fat, short, ugly, has a pink pig avatar, now a fat AW's avatar? As it was pointed out, Accel World's avatar is to compensate for the scars that each character has. Therefore, having tall and lanky avatar is totally logical in this case.
In addition, I think all the Haru supporters here were initially repulsed by Haru's character design, no one says fat is pretty. However, watching the story's progression, we understand that having this design serve a purpose, and we sympathize with Haru. So to answer your question, there is no "deliberately closing one eye." Having a fat Accel World's avatar is not only illogical in the story's stand points, but also does not increase any sympathy-points for people who already understand the character. If anything, doing that will be viewed as over-dramatization.
Mar 17, 2013 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
I recently started watching AW and I'm at episode 9.

I like Haru. There, I said it.
At first I was a bit skeptical but now I like him. He's funny, he often makes me smile and there are some moments of comedy gold with him and Kuroyukihime.
He's not the typical shounen protagonist, I'll give you that, and maybe it's also way I like him. He's refreshing.
Mar 17, 2013 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
Kreynor said:
I recently started watching AW and I'm at episode 9.

I like Haru. There, I said it.
At first I was a bit skeptical but now I like him. He's funny, he often makes me smile and there are some moments of comedy gold with him and Kuroyukihime.
He's not the typical shounen protagonist, I'll give you that, and maybe it's also way I like him. He's refreshing.

Well that's a first.
Mar 19, 2013 9:52 PM

Feb 2013
Well girls grow faster but ya he is basicly excessively short.
Mar 26, 2013 8:53 PM
Apr 2010
ThangLong said:
zktaichou said:

Flying is not imba, it's just unique. In fact, flying can be countered easily as evidenced in the series. Furthermore, many other skills are OP, for instance Noumi's Demon Command Lime Bell's Time Reversal. The only true advantage for flying is that you can look at Accel World's magnificent environment with a totally different view point, from above.
zktaichou said:

I think you have to give the poor Haru dude a break. He is a fat, short, ugly, has a pink pig avatar, now a fat AW's avatar? As it was pointed out, Accel World's avatar is to compensate for the scars that each character has. Therefore, having tall and lanky avatar is totally logical in this case.
In addition, I think all the Haru supporters here were initially repulsed by Haru's character design, no one says fat is pretty. However, watching the story's progression, we understand that having this design serve a purpose, and we sympathize with Haru. So to answer your question, there is no "deliberately closing one eye." Having a fat Accel World's avatar is not only illogical in the story's stand points, but also does not increase any sympathy-points for people who already understand the character. If anything, doing that will be viewed as over-dramatization.

I agree to you on that. To me, he being fat and short just shows that you are still the main character of your own story even though you are not perfect!
Apr 15, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
I honestly didn't care that he was fat or chubby. It was an interesting choice, but with that said....

WHY THE FUCK DOES HIS CHARACTER DESIGN LOOK SO STUPID??!!

Seriously, he looks like he's from a gag anime while everyone looks normal. He stands out not because he's fat, but because his design doesn't even fit in the damn show.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Apr 15, 2013 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
TonyC1994 said:
I honestly didn't care that he was fat or chubby. It was an interesting choice, but with that said....

WHY THE FUCK DOES HIS CHARACTER DESIGN LOOK SO STUPID??!!

Seriously, he looks like he's from a gag anime while everyone looks normal. He stands out not because he's fat, but because his design doesn't even fit in the damn show.

They wanted to throw it at your face in case you didn't notice that he is fat , pathetic and a pig.
Delta of fucking delta's .
Nov 2, 2014 12:59 AM
Nov 2014
i totally agree, i just finished episode 15 and i just have this utterly repulsive reaction towards how spineless of a fuck this useless piece of shit haru is.

the way he sucks at everything and gives up, i mean i understand the emotions and the situation and the giving up, but this has absolutely no resemblance to reality. if you are weak in reality, you might as well die. i mean i understand the kindness of friends to help you but the way this fatass shows how weak he is pisses me off so much i wanted to break my computer.

he's worse than shinji from evangelion and i gotta say i never got past half of evangelion cus of how shitty shinji is.

i understand this anime is probably for younger kids 13-16 boys... and im like waay older, but the shitty way haru is protrayed is so fukin sad and depressing i want end his life.

if i see a real life version of this haru, i swear i'll beat the shit out of him
Nov 2, 2014 1:12 AM
Nov 2014
Epicubermensch said:
Ok so this dude is like delta of fucking delta that i could imagine any male could ever be. I personally love the anime and the theme. Not so much how they executed the plot and other things but this is besides my point.

Haru's character design is fucking terribad. I first saw this three foot dwarf and thought lawlz? bad drawing maybe? and to my most terrifying displeasure... they where really trying to sell this sort of MC. Ok i have deal with the fact that most protagonists are skinny dudes around 5' 6'' or so with no real backbone and don't even appeal to me in the slightest. But the stories of some anime are seriously fun and interesting to read and watch so i have ultimately accepted the unmanly characters. But haru was just to delta for me, and as the story went on it got worse to the point where i can't muster the strength to continue past episode 15...... where his submissive nature really came out just ruined any connection i could have ever have made.

Anyways to my topic of discussion. I see that quite a lot of people have rated accel world positively like a 8 or something. So i was wondering if anyone else has the same thoughts about haru and if not could they perhaps enlighten me on how i could better understand this.... dwarf.

haru is not delta, delta is avg, this fat loser is below avg, he's like zeta or something, just a complete fuking loser, who's honesty and 'loyalty' only works in junior high school. i swear he enters high school he'll get face raped. look in junior high, your 11-15 this is the best time for boys and girls, nothing is too serious, friends are simple. he keeps his shitty characteristics and he'll get owned out of junior high.

and fuking lose the weight. such a pig doesn't exist in reality. plz.
Nov 2, 2014 1:44 AM

Apr 2013
Shuhan said:
Just keep your eyes on Kuroyukihime.

This is what I've been doing to stand this series till the end
Nov 2, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
alodiaomfg said:

i understand this anime is probably for younger kids 13-16 boys... and im like waay older, but the shitty way haru is protrayed is so fukin sad and depressing i want end his life.

if i see a real life version of this haru, i swear i'll beat the shit out of him

top kek

finish the damn anime.
Nov 2, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2014
alodiaomfg said:
Epicubermensch said:
Ok so this dude is like delta of fucking delta that i could imagine any male could ever be. I personally love the anime and the theme. Not so much how they executed the plot and other things but this is besides my point.

Haru's character design is fucking terribad. I first saw this three foot dwarf and thought lawlz? bad drawing maybe? and to my most terrifying displeasure... they where really trying to sell this sort of MC. Ok i have deal with the fact that most protagonists are skinny dudes around 5' 6'' or so with no real backbone and don't even appeal to me in the slightest. But the stories of some anime are seriously fun and interesting to read and watch so i have ultimately accepted the unmanly characters. But haru was just to delta for me, and as the story went on it got worse to the point where i can't muster the strength to continue past episode 15...... where his submissive nature really came out just ruined any connection i could have ever have made.

Anyways to my topic of discussion. I see that quite a lot of people have rated accel world positively like a 8 or something. So i was wondering if anyone else has the same thoughts about haru and if not could they perhaps enlighten me on how i could better understand this.... dwarf.

haru is not delta, delta is avg, this fat loser is below avg, he's like zeta or something, just a complete fuking loser, who's honesty and 'loyalty' only works in junior high school. i swear he enters high school he'll get face raped. look in junior high, your 11-15 this is the best time for boys and girls, nothing is too serious, friends are simple. he keeps his shitty characteristics and he'll get owned out of junior high.

and fuking lose the weight. such a pig doesn't exist in reality. plz.

The edge is strong with thee, and serrated.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 2, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2013
alodiaomfg said:

You just you beat the shit out of the main character because he is weak. Is his back story in a nutshell.

Also what makes you think he can't do anything. Other then his athletic ability he is doesn't seem to be behind in any other field of study he just not the top of his class ether.
Nov 11, 2015 12:20 AM
Nov 2015
ninjaluc79 said:
GUYS WHAT DO YOU WANT HARU TO DO???

BECOME SUPER CONFIDENT IN THREE FUCKING SECONDS AFTER BASICALLY BEING BULLIED FOR LIKE HIS ENTIRE SCHOOL LIFE???

If you think bullying is that easy to get out of, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG. Once you get out of bullying, you find it hard to accept the good things that come to you, you find it hard to trust even the very friends that brought you out of there.

Remember Haru hating on KYH early in the story? He's so badly hurt from all the bullying he has endured that he thinks she's not serious about him. After all, beautiful girls are not supposed to have a taste for fat guys. They're supposed to have a taste for THIN AND LANKY BADASS AWESOME ALPHA MALE GUYS.

And please don't use Kid Zangief as a counter-example. People are still raising questions when he pulled off a pile-driver on the boy who tried to bully him, and that's only a one-time incident, not something that was built up for many years.

YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE HIM BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE NOT FAT, ARE NOT UNPOPULAR, AND HAVE NEVER BEEN BULLIED ALL YOUR LIFE!

Really, people, can you blame anyone for not getting out of the house to exercise, for not standing up for themselves, and for allowing themselves to be bullied?
mean while every girl throws them self at his feet after only five minutes of knowing the fat dumb fuck
Feb 12, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Haru is literally one of the worst and most annoying protagonists I've ever seen. Not so much because he's fat, as I literally couldn't care less about that, but more because he is one of those people who is constantly complaining and constantly like "Oh, woe is me. My life sucks." despite having at least two friends straight from beginning. Oh, and the fact that loads of girls seem to want him despite his appearances and terrible personality is just fucking retarded and makes this series really hard to like (even more so when the show is trying to force me to like Haru: this just pisses me off even more). And this is before you consider Kuroyukihime's interest in him.

Oh, and it pisses me off when people complain about something despite the fact that they aren't willing to do anything to change it.
Apr 19, 2016 9:47 AM
Sep 2012
danieltortoisee said:
Haru is literally one of the worst and most annoying protagonists I've ever seen. Not so much because he's fat, as I literally couldn't care less about that, but more because he is one of those people who is constantly complaining and constantly like "Oh, woe is me. My life sucks." despite having at least two friends straight from beginning. Oh, and the fact that loads of girls seem to want him despite his appearances and terrible personality is just fucking retarded and makes this series really hard to like (even more so when the show is trying to force me to like Haru: this just pisses me off even more). And this is before you consider Kuroyukihime's interest in him.

Oh, and it pisses me off when people complain about something despite the fact that they aren't willing to do anything to change it.

Sadly, the anime doesn't do much justice to explain about Haruyuki. However, the light novel does in more detail. Back when he was a child, he was actually a normal sized kid, as in not fat and actually quite fit as was hinted by Chiyu. At some point, though, Haruyuki's parents then divorced when Haruyuki was seven. Before the divorce it had been hinted that Haruyuki overheard his parent's conversation before their divorce. In the light novel it was stated that it was about neither of them wanting Haruyuki. As a child, he was friends with Takumu Mayuzumi and Chiyuri Kurashima. After his parent's divorce, his custody was given to his mother. However she is rarely home. Haruyuki spends most of his times after his parent's divorce playing with Takumu and Chiyuri. At night he will often get dinner at Chiyuri's place with her mother Momoe cooking for them before going back to his empty house. In their late year of elementary school, Chiyuri started dating Takumu causing Haruyuki to become more distant. After joining Umesato Junior High, he still remained friends with them. However, he also started to get bullied by Araya and his gang because of his appearance. Because of all that, he feels inferior and below most people. That's why he would try and hide in his own small world and play games.

This isn't something that can change someone over the next several weeks or months. In case you haven't noticed, every Brain Burster have some sort of personal, mental scars in them which is the biggest requirement to install Brain Burst. As Sky Raker once put it, "Your mental scars are your avatar's resources. They aren't just indications of how strong your anger or hate is. A scar indicates something is missing. You lost something important, and there's a hole in your heart. Having that empty hole can lead to anger, hate, or despair, or it can make you reach for the sky. Your decision determines your avatar. They're basically your hopes. Your mental scars are your hopes turned upside down." Haruyuki longed for the sky more than anyone and because of that strong will, he was able to obtain the aviating ability that no one was able to get. But, again, it's not something that could make him change completely in just a short time. Anyway, throughout the beginning of the story, he barely trusted anyone and was bullied. When he first saw Kuroyukihime, he saw her as perfect while he, himself, inferior. Sure, you can feel pissed over some whiny protagonist, but a lot of what's happening in this show actually relates to a lot of people in the real world. Many people carry personal mental scars in them and some can't get over them. A lot of people also get bullied and so it makes them feel inferior and that they're nothing and try to hide in their own small world.

Anyway, later on in the story of AW, Haruyuki does gain more self-confidence in himself that much is certain. He does gain some self-confidence in the anime, as well, but only slowly as he still doubts himself. The incarnate system that was introduced in the second-half of the anime also shows some of that. Of course, even in the volumes after the anime, he still doubts himself a bit, but not as much as before to where it's annoying. But he does change little by little throughout the story in Accel World. Especially when he meets more people, he doesn't feel as worthless as he once was before.

Anyway, I'm done trying to explain whatever. I'm sure some people won't agree, but I think that Accel World has a much better story and cast compared to Shit Art Online. I find the cast in AW much more relateable than SAO's. The only thing I liked about SAO is the Phantom Bullet arc because it had a better story and Sinon was relateable and had a good character development.
Apr 23, 2016 2:00 AM
Oct 2012
The author made him at the lowest bottom so he can raise him all the way he wants. That's why aw still has so much story to tell even until now.

At the end of aw,maybe haru will eventually tall, skinny and handsome.until then let's just enjoy how the story progress and see how haru character will be developed.

Just like when you first start a mmorpg game you will always start from level 0. Leveling and developing character is the main point of playing mmorpg. This is exactly what aw is.

shit art online is just a shit and has nothing more to tell because the mc already at the top from the very beginning.
Apr 30, 2016 10:09 AM

Apr 2016
Tbh I was going to drop this show halfway in... Not JUST because of Haru but because the story wasn't all that good

Haru is well not the type of character I necessarily enjoy watching. Not because he is fat but because of the way he acts(if it was a female character I would be fine... well maybe not) I understand he was bullied and I don't expect him to be all fine and dandy but I just don't want to see him cry almost every episode is that so much to ask? In dire moments its fine but crying just to crying makes me stop the show and go to another one and come back later. However in some moments I do give respect to Haru for pushing through and even though-most of the time- he doesn't win-and ends up crying- he tried at least :/

The story however is one where i can completely skip an episode and move on to the next and not really miss anything(or maybe its just me lol) Ive skipped 4 episodes out of the 24 because I couldn't watch it just really couldn't. Some episodes, however, are really on point and I really enjoyed them but then it turns meh and I can't sit through it in one go and it's only 22 minutes -_- I enjoyed the theme of the story a lot though I like the whole VR but I can't say I liked the whole series all together and I can't say I disliked it. Like most it has its ups and downs... More downs than ups for me though
May 3, 2016 7:57 AM
Oct 2012
Cockatoo said:
Tbh I was going to drop this show halfway in... Not JUST because of Haru but because the story wasn't all that good

Haru is well not the type of character I necessarily enjoy watching. Not because he is fat but because of the way he acts(if it was a female character I would be fine... well maybe not) I understand he was bullied and I don't expect him to be all fine and dandy but I just don't want to see him cry almost every episode is that so much to ask? In dire moments its fine but crying just to crying makes me stop the show and go to another one and come back later. However in some moments I do give respect to Haru for pushing through and even though-most of the time- he doesn't win-and ends up crying- he tried at least :/

The story however is one where i can completely skip an episode and move on to the next and not really miss anything(or maybe its just me lol) Ive skipped 4 episodes out of the 24 because I couldn't watch it just really couldn't. Some episodes, however, are really on point and I really enjoyed them but then it turns meh and I can't sit through it in one go and it's only 22 minutes -_- I enjoyed the theme of the story a lot though I like the whole VR but I can't say I liked the whole series all together and I can't say I disliked it. Like most it has its ups and downs... More downs than ups for me though

How can you judge the story when you don't even know the story? You were just skipping things. Go fully watch all the episodes then let's hear your opinion.

May I know what episode it is that you can completely skip without missing anything? I can tell that you don't really watch/read accel world at all
May 3, 2016 9:36 AM

Apr 2016
I'm sorry if I offended you but I said that that could've just been me... And I ended up rewatching the episodes I skipped through awhile ago to see if I could have really skipped them I wouldn't say something if I didn't try to see if it actually worked, however, I shouldn't have said "completely skip through episodes", you can't really do that for any series XD but I did say I was going to drop the show halfway through so yes I wouldn't consider that I "really" watched Accel World either but then again the reason I didn't really get into was because of the story...

I liked some of the characters and some of the episodes which is why I continued to watch it till the end and I really wanted to see what exactly Chiyuri was up to. Like any series it has its ups and downs but to me it isn't something I enjoyed all that much and that just my opinion, you have yours, as does everyone else
Aug 8, 2016 2:51 AM
Sep 2014
slade_wilson said:
ninjaluc79 said:
GUYS WHAT DO YOU WANT HARU TO DO???

BECOME SUPER CONFIDENT IN THREE FUCKING SECONDS AFTER BASICALLY BEING BULLIED FOR LIKE HIS ENTIRE SCHOOL LIFE???

If you think bullying is that easy to get out of, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG. Once you get out of bullying, you find it hard to accept the good things that come to you, you find it hard to trust even the very friends that brought you out of there.

Remember Haru hating on KYH early in the story? He's so badly hurt from all the bullying he has endured that he thinks she's not serious about him. After all, beautiful girls are not supposed to have a taste for fat guys. They're supposed to have a taste for THIN AND LANKY BADASS AWESOME ALPHA MALE GUYS.

And please don't use Kid Zangief as a counter-example. People are still raising questions when he pulled off a pile-driver on the boy who tried to bully him, and that's only a one-time incident, not something that was built up for many years.

YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE HIM BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE NOT FAT, ARE NOT UNPOPULAR, AND HAVE NEVER BEEN BULLIED ALL YOUR LIFE!

Really, people, can you blame anyone for not getting out of the house to exercise, for not standing up for themselves, and for allowing themselves to be bullied?
mean while every girl throws them self at his feet after only five minutes of knowing the fat dumb fuck
i bet you never heard of Kim Dotcom
Sep 13, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
It is very realistic for all those females to love Haru when the world they WANT to live in, the world they LIVE for is AW.
That is the point of the series.
That all those that know of AW, treat it as a place more real than that real world.That's why losing your memories of it is a big fucking deal, why him has so much trouble with her past actions.

They are looking at Haru as if he really is his avatar,because the Haru inside AW is the real one, almost free of all his problems that made him be that fat shorty,and in the end his real appearance doesnt really matter.OMFG girls that can look past someone's appearance. Who would think they exist.

FFS.

And no even real fat people can have many girls that like them,be it some ugly girls or idol level girls. Yes it can happen, SOMETIMES.

The thing is, WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?
Sep 13, 2016 11:28 AM

Sep 2016
they are pandering to lazy fat loser watchers, people from america probably can relate
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 13, 2016 12:37 PM
Jul 2014
I can get passed how the MC looks because that's how he looks, but with his insecurities from the start of the show there is no fucking way he ever uses that pig avatar or keeps it throughout the show. The pig avatar is probably the most triggering thing about the show for me because of how retarded it is. The man actually has the audacity to insult his brain burst avatar which is at the very worst decent when he's been a fucking pig for how many years and maintains that? What in the actual fuck.
Feb 20, 2018 2:03 PM
Feb 2018
Dudes the problem is the realism,which doesn't exist in this anime.i was fat and ungly and they were bullying me ....but I started kick boxing and I fought back,other started running or they joined in a basketball team or something so they can fix theirself cause WE KNEW THAT WE ARE NOT HEALTHY,IN BODY AND MIND ..when you fix yourself ,means you care about you, if you don't , nobody will except your family or your lover ,who WILL BE IN THE SAME ,LOWER OR ONE STEP HIGHER THAN YOU...this is realism..BUT YEAH ALL DESERVE A HOT GIRLFRIEND ,it depends how you see it...but this series is fantasy and may hurt other people NOT because they are jealous but they are or were in the same situation...and if they don't get hurt with this series ,it might woke up their unreal thoughts and giving them false thouths and hopes
Feb 24, 2018 3:42 PM
Apr 2015
Papde said:
ninjaluc79 said:

From how I see it, BB uses your emotional scars to create your Duel Avatar. The more unique the scar is, the more unique it's ability would be. Haru's issues about his figure and low confidence gave him Silver Crow, the first Duel Avatar to gain true flight (Raker's jetpack doesn't count as true flight).

Since when are weight and bullying problems unique?

They aren't unique. In his case he wanted to fly away to escape from the problems which ended up giving his avatar wings for flying. The whole "If only I could fly away from here" desire.

zktaichou said:
Z-flame said:
Exactly. But it's really that hard to get past Haru's figure (fortunately, I did with no much problems, prolly because I share his pain). It's really hard for some to notice his positives if all they see is tons of fat and negative characteristics. As they say, "the negatives outweigh the positives".

If the MC would be someone like, say, Taku, he would gain a rather boring but freakishly overpowered Duel Avatar. The plot would end too quickly, the Six Kings would be too easy to defeat, and people would start asking for more ass kicking from the MC. Pretty vicious cycle, if you ask me.

Please do enlighten me on what positives he had before KYH confessed to him.

I always thought it was the bond that was created when he downloaded and installed the Burst Engine from her. At some point it's indicated that can create very emotionally strong bonds between guardian and protege. Initially I believe she was simply looking for someone who could help her get to level 10, and picked him because he was potentially faster than anyone else based on his high scores in that one squash video game he held all of the high scores in and she had to accelerate to beat his highest score.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.