Forum Settings
Forums

Surprising gems of 2012 (don't suggest popular shows)

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Jan 4, 2013 4:58 PM

kickthebucket said:

well kokoro connect is popular but it was a good show non the less ^_^

It has a lot of members here (surprisingly) but it sold shit in japan if i remember correctly. Also you rarely hear people talk about it.

Jan 4, 2013 5:04 PM

SetsukoHara said:
renders said:
is Zetsuen no Tempest popular?

Thank God, it is not.

do you mean that in a good way or bad?

Jan 4, 2013 5:07 PM

renders said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:

Thank God, it is not.

very obviously the bad way

Also how would anyone know if its doing good or bad? the shows BD's have not even released yet so saying otherwise is speaking out your ass, looking at you SetsukoHara, and if we were to go by popularity form this site, its one of the more highly viewed fall shows

Anyhow my vote, ixion saga DT, yah its no where near gintama's comedy even the earlier episodes of gintama, But its still very entertaining and im pretty much positive the show is going to perform horribly
Modified by JizzyHitler, Jan 4, 2013 5:12 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 4, 2013 5:12 PM

fdsfgs said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

You are implying that ZnT is a bad show. Zetsuen no Tempest is not even close to being a bad show.

I know but there will always be haters
ZnT is actually one of the few anime shows that for some reason actually reminded me of my teenager years,you know like how those slice and life shows try to make you reminiscence those moments but fails most of the times

Jan 4, 2013 5:17 PM

renders said:
fdsfgs said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

You are implying that ZnT is a bad show. Zetsuen no Tempest is not even close to being a bad show.

I know but there will always be haters
dont use the word haters, a new form of aids is found every time that word is uttered

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 4, 2013 6:08 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
renders said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:

Thank God, it is not.

Also how would anyone know if its doing good or bad? the shows BD's have not even released yet so saying otherwise is speaking out your ass, looking at you SetsukoHara, and if we were to go by popularity form this site, its one of the more highly viewed fall shows.

In this website, just this season, Tonari, Chunnibyou, K and Psycho-Pass. The manga isn't really popular either, and the BD sales will definetely not be as great as GuP for example. So, while it is not an unknown title, I would definetely not call it a popular show.

Jan 4, 2013 8:25 PM
skudoops said:
SSC_Exin said:
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita- It's satirical humour was definitely unique, I haven't seen it used in anime as much. The characters are used to their full potential (most of them) and they're all fairly interesting.

EDIT: Added stuff to say.

Pretty much this, I'd also like to give a mention to psycho pass, it really kicked it into high gear for the last few episodes and ended with me really wanting to know what would happen next!

These two

Jan 6, 2013 9:04 AM

SetsukoHara said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
renders said:
SetsukoHara said:
renders said:

Thank God, it is not.

Also how would anyone know if its doing good or bad? the shows BD's have not even released yet so saying otherwise is speaking out your ass, looking at you SetsukoHara, and if we were to go by popularity form this site, its one of the more highly viewed fall shows.

In this website, just this season, Tonari, Chunnibyou, K and Psycho-Pass. The manga isn't really popular either, and the BD sales will definetely not be as great as GuP for example. So, .

So I'll say again

You are getting your info, out your ass. Just cause a manga isnt popular doesnt mean the anime wont be, thats a horrible inference

There is no way to tell how the show is doing until a week or 2 after december 22nd when the first BD releases, Saying its doing good or bad now is complete bullshit on your part.

We already have enough people here and across the internet who make shit up and try to sell it as legit, we dont need you doing it too.
Modified by JizzyHitler, Jan 6, 2013 9:08 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 6, 2013 9:31 AM

Oda Nobuna & Inferno Cop

/thread

Jan 6, 2013 9:49 AM
Riptos said:
Oda Nobuna & Inferno Cop

/thread

Inferno Cop is a masterpiece of masterpiece. Watching this show will make you cum buckets just from its awesomeness

Shinsekai sucks just because it honestly hasnt established anything remotely close to a plot and lazily avoids explaining things via mind wipe and massive time skips. The show is very episodic and is honestly not building towards any type of climax. It merely tries to be deep. I dont hate the show and am watching it, but im a competitionist so take it for what its worth

I agree with Zetsuen No Tempest being underrated this season. Its nothing spectacular, but its a show where the characters can literally stand in the same spot for 95% of the episode and talk while still keeping you very entertained.

On top of that, I would like to throw Btooom! in there. Again nothing massively special here. Just an enjoyable watch.

Going back further in 2012, Nisemonogatari for those that havent seen it is hilarious ( watch Bakemonogatari first tho). Honestly if you were turned off by the general plot premise for either one, watch it. The plot premise given doesnt due either series justice
Modified by Lil_Wayne, Jan 6, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 6, 2013 10:01 AM

Sakamichi no Apollon! and Tsuritama!
Modified by GlaringDream, Jan 6, 2013 10:05 AM

Jan 6, 2013 10:18 AM

Kyousogiga 2

Jan 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Kokoro Connect, definitely.

Sep 21, 2017 6:01 PM

Shinsekai yori was the gem that took everyone by surprise. No one expected a show this experimental to come out in recent years.

Sep 21, 2017 7:40 PM

Uchuu Kyoudai was super amazing. It seriously needs more seasons. 99 episodes are far too short!
IDK if Sakamichi no Apollon was popular back then but it was probably skipped by a lot of casuals to watch SAO.

Sep 21, 2017 7:47 PM

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia was a good romance, hit me with a bit of feels.

Little Busters! Coz it's the first season of my favorite anime. #keyfag

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]