Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 27, 2013 8:30 AM

May 2012
This sure was a really really lovely episode! It sure was lovely to see everyone in their casual lives and then suddenly protect everyone again! And boy it was nice to see everyone again especially for a split second the appearance of Lunch! I miss that girl :p

I also really enjoyed the huge improvements in art and animation quality especially with the redone authentic opening from DBZ! and the new ED was also quite lovely as well!

In general a very well done ova!
Jan 12, 2014 9:35 AM

Jun 2009
I quite enjoyed this. Goku and Vegeta bounced off each-other really well in this special, the comedic effect was very nice.
Jan 31, 2014 10:53 PM

Oct 2013
Hahah Vegeta's brother lol

Jun 12, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2013
It was fun to watch :).
Aug 10, 2014 3:30 AM

Oct 2013
this was an interesting addition to dbz I'd like to see more of vegetas brother but he's not a fighter D: strange
[/quote]
Feb 27, 2015 8:14 PM

Dec 2012
This is nice, I wish they made a new series with this kind of animation.. /sigh, if only..
Aug 11, 2015 2:02 AM

Apr 2014
Very good movie. I really enjoyed it.
Long time no see... Fat Gotenks. Ha! Ha!
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Sep 26, 2016 6:17 PM

Feb 2016
Nice OVA, nothing particularly grand but something nice after the long break of no content.

Was nice to see Launch being remembered this time, although... she literally only got 3-4 (5 at most) cameos when they decided to transition to the others (Yamcha, Tien, etc) and she had no lines. She barely was even shown considering it was during screen transitions, only saw her each time for like 2 seconds.

Was weird to watch this subbed though (no dub?) since I watched the entirety of DBZ and GT (Movies/Specials Included) dubbed, but meh.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 18, 2021 11:05 PM
Jan 2021
kevin_video said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There is only one episode, but it works. So that was pretty cool. Two beings who are as powerful as Freeza (works well considering they're remnants of his team and a separate group to the Ginyu), chase Table to Earth, who's learned that his older brother Vegeta is living there. He asks for help from the others, who are enjoyin Mr Satan's banquet.

I loved the part with them "drawing straws" to see who would fight the two. Go Trunks and Goten. XD Best part for me was when Vegeta and Goku stole each other's food, and they went Super Saiyan.

I missed Akira Toriyama's work. You can tell that he put a lot of love into this one.
kevin_video said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There is only one episode, but it works. So that was pretty cool. Two beings who are as powerful as Freeza (works well considering they're remnants of his team and a separate group to the Ginyu), chase Table to Earth, who's learned that his older brother Vegeta is living there. He asks for help from the others, who are enjoyin Mr Satan's banquet.

I loved the part with them "drawing straws" to see who would fight the two. Go Trunks and Goten. XD Best part for me was when Vegeta and Goku stole each other's food, and they went Super Saiyan.

I missed Akira Toriyama's work. You can tell that he put a lot of love into this one.

It's tarble.
Actually I think it's tarble
Aug 18, 2021 11:10 PM
Jan 2021
Darude said:
I want more!
Brings back memories T-T

Super has been released and a new movie is going to be released next year
Aug 18, 2021 11:12 PM
Jan 2021
mickey1372492 said:
where can i find it?
mickey1372492 said:
where can i find it?

On gogoanime
You can search the ova name along with gogoanime
Aug 18, 2021 11:14 PM
Jan 2021
sunnyc718 said:
can someone post a link to the subbed version or any eng subbed torrent it would be appreciated =)

You can search it on gogoanime
Oct 12, 2023 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
okay so this, episode of bardock and the shortened hatchiyack special all seem to have fandubs uploaded which I wasn't expecting to see in my dub rewatch of DB. I really wish these had gotten official dubs by now, especially since the dub cast has had many reunions and opportunities to do so since these released. Just seems like a oversight when I'm sure it could've justified the short dubbing process it likely would've taken to produce and release these. Especially with them dubbing the entirety of super, all the new movies and several video games.
I just can't see them being unable to sell them to some broadcast, or at the very least streaming with how big that is atm, and home media would definitely be supported...they could even have more of a leg to stand on if they ever wanted to publish a "complete" Z set of sorts, if they dubbed and could include these.

Sucks that Tien and Chiaotzu aren't in this one, when so many others are back (launch, even others we wouldn't always expect to see like Popo, Dende, Old Kai, Kibitokai, King Kai, Gregory and Bubbles). Sometimes when they have the gatherings in DBS I often wonder why Dende/Popo at the very least are left out and not invited/there? I know they're busy with guardianship ofc but I defo prefer the angle of this special with them all attending, Dende was friends with Gohan and Krillin even before being a guardian tbf and Popo helped train Kid Goku..seems a bit harsh or maybe just forgetful to show them as left out (maybe it's due to creators wanting to distance themselves when they can from Popo lmao).

I read above that Tien & Chiaotzu missing was due to Tien's VA passing away? I didn't know that & that sucks...I guess they must've recast for Super then? But glad they did indeed return for that since there weren't here. I also read that someone had remembered seeing him, but no I even went back to check after reading that, he definitely isn't there. I agree with a comment that it can be explained away with them being reclusive/training but also agree it would've sat better with me if that had at least said and acknowledged that, I don't think it honours the passed VA to totally ignore and write out his character, especially when fans would expect him to be there. Had it managed to include them it would've likely been the biggest gathering the main cast of Z has ever had, hell it probably still is...just would've helped to feel more "complete" with them.
JVskunkapeOct 12, 2023 1:37 PM
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anyone Subbing / Any Chance it will be dubbed?

Koby - Oct 5, 2008

16 by Frosty »»
Dec 2, 2023 11:41 AM

» More?

Rail_Man - Apr 3, 2009

5 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:57 PM

» Why couldn't Super have looked like this?

SEA-MASTER - Nov 7, 2018

0 by SEA-MASTER »»
Nov 7, 2018 6:08 AM

» Dragonball New Special

Masaaki - Oct 31, 2008

15 by digiboy123 »»
Nov 23, 2008 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.