Forum Settings
Forums

Monogatari Series 2nd Season To Be Animated in 2013

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 4, 2013 3:38 PM

Jun 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
shagek1 said:
hope for Yandere Nadeko on this one...
:3

You like to spoil shit ?

no man, i just hoping.
i never read the novel, it's not spoiler just hoping
Jun 5, 2013 3:03 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
hpulley said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
Oh fuck you Nisei you hair murder.
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge... Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge! Dansai... Bunri... no Crime Edge! LOL

haha. Btw you seem to know Japanese so did you read in any site about people opinion on him cutting Hitagi hair?
A few comments here and there, doesn't seem to be excitement about it there like here. "It's just a hairstyle" seems to be the sentiment there, change can be good, she is still cute.

One more thing: for anyone who reads the novels or buys the Vofan artbooks, Senjogahara's haircut is nothing new. It was 'cut' in December 2011 when Koimonogatari (Love Story) came out. The front illustration by Vofan shows her new doo. So if there was going to be a backlash among novel readers it would have happened a year and a half ago... for anime only watchers it will be new and perhaps shocking but I think she looks cute in short hair as I said.
Jun 5, 2013 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
^ At least in anime Senjogahara was clearly shown to have her hair cut by the end of the series. I am still a bit disappointed by how casually they show her short hair while in the novel this took up dozens of pages. But anyway..

Arararraragi-kun said:
shagek1 said:
You like to spoil shit ?
Seems that by jumping to conclusion about shagek1's motivation to post, you end up doing the very thing you are so vehemently against - spoiling shit.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 5, 2013 5:09 AM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
^ At least in anime Senjogahara was clearly shown to have her hair cut by the end of the series. I am still a bit disappointed by how casually they show her short hair while in the novel this took up dozens of pages. But anyway..

Arararraragi-kun said:
shagek1 said:
You like to spoil shit ?
Seems that by jumping to conclusion about shagek1's motivation to post, you end up doing the very thing you are so vehemently against - spoiling shit.

i get it... haha :D
Jun 5, 2013 12:05 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
^ At least in anime Senjogahara was clearly shown to have her hair cut by the end of the series. I am still a bit disappointed by how casually they show her short hair while in the novel this took up dozens of pages.

I dont read the novels but is the part where they explain why she cuts her hair translated yet? And if yes, can u tell me which chapter/volume w.e is it in?

I had my theories about why she cut her hair in the end, especially after they showed Hanekawa's new haircut, but it still surprised me to the point where i absolutely hated her short hair >_>" .
Atleast now after looking at the pic above, I do find it cute-ish, but still not as good as her long hair xD.
Jun 5, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
AdolTheRed said:
I dont read the novels but is the part where they explain why she cuts her hair translated yet? And if yes, can u tell me which chapter/volume w.e is it in?
I read the novel in its original Japanese, so I don't know if the part is translated. Anyway there is only one volume of Nisemonogatari....

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 5, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
AdolTheRed said:
I read the novel in its original Japanese, so I don't know if the part is translated. Anyway there is only one volume of Nisemonogatari....
Two volumes unless they split them since it first came out... mine are all Kodansha Box editions like these:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4062836793
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4062837021
hpulleyJun 5, 2013 12:23 PM
Jun 5, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
^ You are right. I was wrong. Two volumes indeed. My collection also has two volumes so my memory definitely slipped. And the haircut happened in the second volume.

Jun 6, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
hpulley said:
Two volumes unless they split them since it first came out... mine are all Kodansha Box editions like these:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4062836793
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4062837021

symbv said:
^ You are right. I was wrong. Two volumes indeed. My collection also has two volumes so my memory definitely slipped. And the haircut happened in the second volume.

K thanks.
I used google and it seems like neither volumes of Nisemonogatari have been fully translated D: .
If its not too much to ask, can u post a short summary/main reason why she cut her hair? Either with a spoiler tag here or in my profile.
Jun 6, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
AdolTheRed said:
If its not too much to ask, can u post a short summary/main reason why she cut her hair? Either with a spoiler tag here or in my profile.
I wrote the following in another forum way back when Nisemonogatari was shown on TV. I guess I'd just copy and paste here and I hope you can excuse me for not being lazy ;-)

Actually I think it is quite realistic that after all the turmoils and craziness the girls went through in Bakemonogatari the girls (particularly because they are girls) may want to do a new outlook to signify their coming out of their old, more troubled, time and entering a new phase of their life. In Nise, the characters undergo quite some shifts in their character and, to quote a (Japanese) review I once read, "the change in hair style symbolizes such changes for the girls". Hitagi (Senjogahara) may have undergone the most startling change, both in her character and her hair style (in fact NisiOisiN devoted more than 13 pages for the observation and analysis, through Araragi's mouth, of Hitagi's changes on the outside and inside), but Tsubasa also cut her hair, and Saruga now has longer hair. Even Nadeko undoes her forelock (under certain circumstances). These are all mentioned in the novel. Not just that, the 2 Fire Sisters and Shinobu also go through some change in appearance in the novel. The only girl who does not change is Mayoi, and there is good reason for that -- because of the fact that she is a ghost who would not go to nirvana so she is stuck with that appearance. So one can say that in this sense the change of appearance is not just an aesthetic decision but an element integral to the series.

Jun 6, 2013 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
AdolTheRed said:
I wrote the following in another forum way back when Nisemonogatari was shown on TV. I guess I'd just copy and paste here and I hope you can excuse me for not being lazy ;-)

Actually I think it is quite realistic that after all the turmoils and craziness the girls went through in Bakemonogatari the girls (particularly because they are girls) may want to do a new outlook to signify their coming out of their old, more troubled, time and entering a new phase of their life. In Nise, the characters undergo quite some shifts in their character and, to quote a (Japanese) review I once read, "the change in hair style symbolizes such changes for the girls". Hitagi (Senjogahara) may have undergone the most startling change, both in her character and her hair style (in fact NisiOisiN devoted more than 13 pages for the observation and analysis, through Araragi's mouth, of Hitagi's changes on the outside and inside), but Tsubasa also cut her hair, and Saruga now has longer hair. Even Nadeko undoes her forelock (under certain circumstances). These are all mentioned in the novel. Not just that, the 2 Fire Sisters and Shinobu also go through some change in appearance in the novel. The only girl who does not change is Mayoi, and there is good reason for that -- because of the fact that she is a ghost who would not go to nirvana so she is stuck with that appearance. So one can say that in this sense the change of appearance is not just an aesthetic decision but an element integral to the series.

Thanks alot :D
And wow a 13 page explanation of Hitagi's changes. I first thought she cut her hair because Tsubasa cut hers. Glad im wrong xD.
Jun 20, 2013 5:33 AM

Jul 2012
1st PV for Nekomonogatari (Shiro)

Jun 28, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
new PV

Jun 28, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
I've been so looking forward to what some may find silly. They spoiled it above but in case you didn't watch or notice it. I think it is the first time we shall see...

After reading that I swear that is one of the parts I look forward to the most and... there she is! LOL
Jun 28, 2013 7:25 AM

Jun 2013
I wish that there would be more infamous scenes like " the oral toothbrush" from Nisemonogatari! >___<
Jun 28, 2013 8:09 AM

Jun 2013
Holy Shit There's a New PV! Gonna go watch it now!
Jun 28, 2013 10:51 AM

May 2010
i watched in http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Monogatari_Series
in koyomimonogatari novel, there is some title like koyomi wind, sand, montain, etc, and the last title was koyomi dead?!
is he really dead at the last his journey?? T_T
Jun 28, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
My body is ready.
Jun 28, 2013 9:11 PM

Aug 2010
Getting into the hype...Can't wait for this to air.
Jun 29, 2013 12:16 AM

Feb 2013
Contemplating whether to watch it week to week or to marathon it when it's over. I want to marathon it but it'll be a bitch to wait.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 29, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
Krissirk said:
Contemplating whether to watch it week to week or to marathon it when it's over. I want to marathon it but it'll be a bitch to wait.
...to do both, watch it weekly as it comes out and rerwatch it in a marathon when it's over is my plan!
Jun 29, 2013 2:41 AM

Jun 2013
hpulley said:
Krissirk said:
...to do both, watch it weekly as it comes out and rerwatch it in a marathon when it's over is my plan!

.....and I thought I was the only one who had that in mind.

Jun 30, 2013 3:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Only a couple of days away from the first episode!! And I pumped for this!
Jun 30, 2013 3:50 PM
May 2013
Androssi said:
hpulley said:
Krissirk said:

.....and I thought I was the only one who had that in mind.

I can't do it lol, I'm gonna marathon like usual. I could wait i think...
Jun 30, 2013 6:18 PM

Sep 2012
kurosaki15 said:
i watched in http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Monogatari_Series
in koyomimonogatari novel, there is some title like koyomi wind, sand, montain, etc, and the last title was koyomi dead?!
is he really dead at the last his journey?? T_T

Koyomimonogatari Novel Spoiler
Jun 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Sep 2012
EVAMAAKU14 said:
I wish that there would be more infamous scenes like " the oral toothbrush" from Nisemonogatari! >___<

yeah right.. and the "twister" game while they're at it..
btw i'm curious of the final form of the "twister" game XD
Jul 1, 2013 8:23 AM
Dec 2012
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow...
Jul 1, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
ZeroReq011 said:
July 6th I think.

Jul 3, 2013 1:30 AM
Dec 2012
symbv said:
ZeroReq011 said:
July 6th I think.

Ah well.
Jul 5, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
From NewType magazine out today, in an interview producer Iwagami said that the TV broadcast will end in Koimonogatari. (Iwagami even said that it would fit the mood of year-end to end the TV broadcast with Koimonogatari) And Hanamonogatari, which is set at a different time from the other 5 novels, will be broadcast in "some other means" (which I presume to mean on network). This may also indicate that the total number of episodes may come to more than 26.
symbvJul 5, 2013 4:44 AM

Jul 5, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ Super cool and interesting! I suspect that Hanamonogatari will be another 4-episode series like Nekomonogatari (Kuro) in that case. Probably show it New Year's Eve again.

Speaking of Neko Kuro, Daisuki put up the first episode of it... just one! So you can't legally watch the whole Kuro series before Shiro starts tomorrow... I don't think they understand this stuff very well. One episode a week they have put up Bake to 5, Nise to 5 and Neko Kuro 1... makes no sense IMO!
Jul 5, 2013 5:36 AM

Dec 2011
hpulley said:
Speaking of Neko Kuro, Daisuki put up the first episode of it... just one! So you can't legally watch the whole Kuro series before Shiro starts tomorrow...

On the other hand, it should tie in nicely with Crunchyroll's delayed release.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 5, 2013 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
hpulley said:
Speaking of Neko Kuro, Daisuki put up the first episode of it... just one! So you can't legally watch the whole Kuro series before Shiro starts tomorrow...

On the other hand, it should tie in nicely with Crunchyroll's delayed release.
Indeed! I'm sure they planned it that way :p

I'm just glad I have my Kuro discs. Already watched them a few times!
Jul 6, 2013 9:33 AM
Aug 2012
YES! Thank god this is 2 cour. I can enjoy this for the rest of 2013 :)
Jul 6, 2013 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
PonyMaster5000 said:
Rumors now are that it is going to be 30 episodes, 26 on TV followed by another 4-episode OVA series like Neko Kuro. Because... Hanamonogatari has mysteriously disappeared from the Bluray page...

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/package/index.html

And it looks like it will be 5 episodes per arc, perhaps 6 for one of them, 2 Bluray discs each unless they do 5x5 plus 1 episode of Hanamonogatari like they did with Bakemonogatari not finishing the Tsubasa Cat arc during its regularly scheduled TV broadcast.
Jul 6, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
Episode was over before I knew it.
Jul 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2012
IZEROII said:
Episode was over before I knew it.
And now we wait a week, the joys of watching simulcasts :) But at least it is on so we shouldn't complain! Kizumonogatari shows you don't really know until you see it if it will come out at all. I'm sure Kizu will come out too but I sure won't be on when.
Jul 6, 2013 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
Can someone thoroughly explain the structure of the series in its manga form, and then explain if the anime structure is following?
Jul 6, 2013 7:26 PM

Jan 2008
Nyanks said:
Can someone thoroughly explain the structure of the series in its manga form, and then explain if the anime structure is following?

Light novel, not manga.

And this?

http://myanimelist.net/manga/23751/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season/moreinfo
Jul 6, 2013 7:43 PM

Sep 2012
As usual it is following but skipping stuff even with five episodes for one 289 page book.
Jul 6, 2013 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
I thought that Hanekawa and Senjougahara didnt get along,when did they got friends?

Jul 6, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
As usual it is following but skipping stuff even with five episodes for one 289 page book.
The first episode consumes around 60-odd pages of text in the novel which is around one-fifth. I'd say pacing wise it is not too fast or slow.

cadu_ said:
I thought that Hanekawa and Senjougahara didnt get along,when did they got friends?
I never got the idea that they don't get along. In fact Senjougahara looked up to Hanekawa so much that she would listen to her on most things (which is what happened in Nise)

Jul 6, 2013 8:43 PM

Jul 2012
Oh god.. I want to smile so much Joker's gonna be like...

"Did you..?" *as he points to his own lips* "Good god, son..."
Jul 7, 2013 12:50 AM

Nov 2007
hpulley said:
PonyMaster5000 said:
Rumors now are that it is going to be 30 episodes, 26 on TV followed by another 4-episode OVA series like Neko Kuro. Because... Hanamonogatari has mysteriously disappeared from the Bluray page...

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/package/index.html

And it looks like it will be 5 episodes per arc, perhaps 6 for one of them, 2 Bluray discs each unless they do 5x5 plus 1 episode of Hanamonogatari like they did with Bakemonogatari not finishing the Tsubasa Cat arc during its regularly scheduled TV broadcast.

Look at this page. Right at the bottom, probably confirms the rumours on 2ch that Monogatari Series Second Season will be 12 volumes in total.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/package/tokuten.html
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jul 7, 2013 2:39 AM

Sep 2012
Indeed it does list to discs 11 and final(12) for the A4 sized clear file bonus:
Blu-ray・DVD 1~2巻 連動購入特典 A4クリアファイル
Blu-ray・DVD 3~4巻 連動購入特典 A4クリアファイル
Blu-ray・DVD 5~6巻 連動購入特典 A4クリアファイル
Blu-ray・DVD 7~8巻 連動購入特典 A4クリアファイル
Blu-ray・DVD 9~10巻 連動購入特典 A4クリアファイル
Blu-ray・DVD 11~最終巻 連動購入特典 A4クリアファイル

Episode 1 ended on the exact line I expected it would, as you say it starts on page 10 and ends on page 70 so about 60 pages. Just wanted to point out that even at that pace they did not include everything said or done in the chapter so while the pacing is OK I would say it is even slightly rushed...
hpulleyJul 7, 2013 2:46 AM
Jul 8, 2013 3:01 AM

Sep 2012
And someone just pointed out to me that Daisuki even has soft subs for Monogatari SS! Just click the CC button. I didn't even notice...

Nekomonogatari Black also has soft subs but not Nisemonogatari interestingly as they were soft for that series on Crunchyroll.
hpulleyJul 8, 2013 3:12 AM
Jul 8, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ Wasn't explained in the anime (just one frame where they showed it being burned but we didn't get Hanekawa's thoughts on it) but she actually felt sad about the Roomba getting burned in the fire! It kept her company in a way, sleeping in the hall like that. When I first read the katakana for Roomba I wondered why he was talking about a Rumba which has the same Katakana but once it gave the model number and described what it was doing I had a good laugh...

At first I wondered why Nisioisin even mentioned the vacuum but it got a second mention, Chekhov's gun or Nisioisin's vacuum LOL
Jul 8, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
YES
Jul 8, 2013 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
I'll watch Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari: Kuro tomorrow and the day after it.
All look promising!
Jul 11, 2013 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.