Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

Nov 10, 2014 2:52 PM

Besides the non-sense sword's scene inside her body, there is another one that left me irritated:

--What the fuck that, when Shinobu started to regenerate Araragi's body with her blood, his clothes and shoes were regenerated, too?! WTF..?! This really pissed me of... An anime/'light novel' level that is Monogatari (considered by the most of the persons) and good view by the most of the viewers make this..?! That's right that everything do not exists and it's all fiction... but regenerate clothes and the shoes, too?! -.-

Please, give me a GOOD reason for that... for example:

(1) "If he regenerated only his body he would be naked" -> Cut it out... don't come me with this excuse;

(2) "The clothes, shoes and other accessories are part of his body" -> Even being also another no-sense excuse, as the regenaration of his clothes, I'll accept it as the reason that justifies his clothes and shoes regeneration.

Nov 10, 2014 2:55 PM

oi

Nov 28, 2014 11:27 AM

It was amazing. Except that I would've liked more characters, I have nothing to say against it.

Jan 6, 2015 3:19 PM

I don't get it. Can anyone explain to me why you love it so much? I give Nekomonogatari a 7/10. To me it was good but not so good I'd say I truly love it with all my heart. To me it was interesting really, the dialogue, the funnyness, the ecchiness, the gore, the animation, but it didn't get me as me as much as I thought it would. I'm definitely gonna keep watching the monogatari series, but I'd like someone to explain to me why they thought it deserves a 8/10, 9/10 or 10/10.

Maybe it's because I don't understand every piece of the dialogue cause english isn't my primary language, but I truly don't understand why the monogatari series receive such a high score on MAL, but I truly want to. I hope someone's explanation can open my eyes to the greatness I'm missing from the monogatari series.

An example of something I don't understand is why Araragi didn't love Hanekawa. What I understood is that he couldn't love because she's too righteous or something and because he only lusted after her extremely hot body.

Feb 13, 2015 2:12 PM

Nekomonogatari: Kuro was really just all around decent. It's predecessors (Bake and Nise) were much better, and much more... interesting. However, the last episode of Nekomonogatari: Kuro is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series so far. I see little appreciation for the very first scene after the opener, which was so creative and cool. When everything went slow-motion and strings started playing in the background music. Straight up insane.

Mar 11, 2015 12:41 AM

Affie15 said:
I don't get it. Can anyone explain to me why you love it so much? I give Nekomonogatari a 7/10. To me it was good but not so good I'd say I truly love it with all my heart. To me it was interesting really, the dialogue, the funnyness, the ecchiness, the gore, the animation, but it didn't get me as me as much as I thought it would. I'm definitely gonna keep watching the monogatari series, but I'd like someone to explain to me why they thought it deserves a 8/10, 9/10 or 10/10.

Maybe it's because I don't understand every piece of the dialogue cause english isn't my primary language, but I truly don't understand why the monogatari series receive such a high score on MAL, but I truly want to. I hope someone's explanation can open my eyes to the greatness I'm missing from the monogatari series.

An example of something I don't understand is why Araragi didn't love Hanekawa. What I understood is that he couldn't love because she's too righteous or something and because he only lusted after her extremely hot body.

he realized that the hanekawa he used to hang out is not the real person.
to explain more about the hanekawa character will spoil alot from the first arc of second season, Tsubasa Tiger. for now i will refrain to explain untill you watched these.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com

Mar 19, 2015 12:05 AM

Not bad! Definitely a good prequel arc!

Apr 20, 2015 7:22 PM

Shinobu is the real MVP here <3

Jul 12, 2015 11:26 PM
Beautiful Black-Hanekawa-chan in panties

Aug 1, 2015 10:34 PM

1/5 for the episode, overall rating 2/10.

Aug 5, 2015 5:12 PM

Shinobu was great! I didn't expected Heartspan, though. Kinda thinking about what this would be in real life. Maybe it was that healing power that every people have, that can heal every pain with time?

So... the problem weren't her parents but her unability to live normally? Did she try to act as some embodiment of good or something?
Does she have IQ so high it's suddenly handicap for her? Is she in society of people so dumb that noone can understand her? Yes, from eyes of someone highly intelligent, it may seem so. She is trying to deny herself to live her ordinary life. And everytime this happens, Dark Hanekawa emerges. Because she took her inside as temporary replacement of her family.

She knows everything but she would rather know nothing. By denying her own self she became normal but in effect she stripped herself of her human emotions (or rather hiden them inside) in fear of being hurt. But having doubts and doing mistakes is exactly what makes human. It just took some time for them to realize.

Very clever way how to attract her by asking for help though. I just wonder why is she so obsessed with helping him everytime. But when you listen to OP you'll know. The way he managed to bring her back to her senses by making her contradict herself was just brilliant.

She really is meddling with everyone she touch on whim. And with pride. The cat never existed in the first place, it was just the mask all along. Her second side. Pretty surprising moment, it was actually she who possesed the aberration, their roles were reversed. Suddenly, whole Tsubasa Cat arc in Bakemonogatari (and Dark Hanekawa mostly) can be both viewed very differently. I just wonder why her energy drain is so potent.

It's interesting how Shinobu always tries to save him if he would die first. Her entrance to battle was pure greatness. Now I wonder - if she is taking that stress onto herself.. I guess that would explain why she didn't speak for next three months.

And concerning love... I know people think Senjougahara is main heroine of this series but it's only because she is dating with him right now. It's not like their relationship is ideal, quite contrary. Chronologically, Tsubasa loved him first (and he loved her too), whereas with Senjougahara he is because she needs to loved (and because of her yandere personality ofc). I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the road they break up for him to be with Hanekawa in the end. Let's see.

8/10 It happens very rarely that one series come with conclusion so clever it partly changes meaning of another one. And Nekomonogatari managed to do this well.

And now I understand Hanekawa's catchphrase clearly. In way it's thank you to Araragi for showing her even geniuses can be outsmarted. That there are still many things left in the world she may enjoy. And that's why she had fallen in love with him.

Aug 22, 2015 4:10 AM
A nice and chill 4 episodes. Now, onto Monogotari Series: Second Season! 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 28, 2015 1:33 AM

It's unfortunate that we are this way. But...isn't that fine too? Ep 4 finale.

Plot: Koyomi faces off with Black Hanekawa who has been in control ever since attacking her parents. With a quick trick and help from Shinobu, the situation was resolved this time. And as that part ends, Koyomi walks towards stairs...

Character: Hanekawa. Hanekawa. Unwilling to admit what you feel or unwilling to move or save yourself. Seeking a savior. I will say that I have sympathy for her but that doesn't mean anything. For her, until she can do something, nothing will change. No amount of stress relieved. Not even if Koyomi fondled her lovingly.

Nothing will change that regrettable past or that hurtful present. Because even if she wanted it, Hanekawa could not change...for now.

Koyomi knew all along because friends know each other. Even despite not knowing her that well, he knew enough to see her personality, even as she meowed like a cat. And friends don't let friends fall and go rouge, even if the person gets hurt in the progress.

Badass. Not only knowing the secret ninja techniques but can express his lust for wanting to chase a gorgeous catgirl in lingerie.

Shinobu: Just like Hanekawa, the past won't change. She and he won't forgive but someday, they'll be able talk and laugh once more.

ANimation/sound: As always, the music helps the atmosphere and the animation did make the pulse pound with anticipation. Oh and seeing Hanekawa move around in that lingerie was eye candy.

5/5. We knew that it wasn't going to be a happy end but that's fine too right?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.

Oct 30, 2015 7:22 AM

assassin_shadow said:
Beautiful Black-Hanekawa-chan in panties

True that man
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield

Dec 19, 2015 3:58 PM

he was saved again

Jan 13, 2016 2:56 PM

Black Hanekawa is on the Top 10 hottest characters for sure .

Jan 14, 2016 5:13 AM
丽丽

Hanekawa Tsubasa <3

--ѕαιℓσя ѕαтυяи
- ℓιgнт σƒ тнє ѕєνєη ♫
cυяяєηтℓу: ιηנєcтιηg мє∂ѕ ιηтσ нσѕριтαℓ ραтιєηтѕ.

Mar 28, 2016 9:33 AM

Oshino at the end lol. I miss him a lot. I enjoyed this a lot for only being 4 episodes. 8/10

May 9, 2016 4:12 PM

Brilliant. An episode and saga to be enjoyed from start to finish, with everything in the right measure ..

--
Genial. Un episodio y una saga para disfrutarse de principio a fin, con todo en su justa medida...

Hello, my litte boy!

Aug 4, 2016 12:51 PM

And Shinobu saves the day once again, we knew that from Bakemonogatari already though (or was it Nise?) Was worse than Bake and Nise overall, but still a great show. 9/10

Dec 21, 2016 11:22 PM
God of the Realm

shinobuu is lovee glad she came to help save the problem
Facta Non Verba

Mar 30, 2017 9:32 PM

Great ending to this mini series that explains alot about Hanekawa!
9/10

Apr 6, 2017 10:55 AM

As usual, Monogatari really impresses me at the end of an arc. Araragi swallowing the sword and getting split in half was pretty badass, but so was Shinobu really saving the day. I love her.

I kept seeing people rank this as the weakest arc on forums. I guess there aren't a lot of Hanekawa fans? I personally really like her.

"One day, I will fall in love with someone else." I guess if you were watching this in chronological order, that would be foreshadowing.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Apr 15, 2017 8:25 PM
It was simply amazing.Hanekawa is a very interesting character, her personality has so much "hidden" things. Also shinobu was awesome during battle between her and neko hanekawa.

10/10

May 14, 2017 5:41 AM

I have a question though, why doesn't Shinobu talk in Bakemonogatari if she talks to Araragi here in Nekomonogatari?

Jun 15, 2017 9:55 PM
please spare me the bullshit, koyomi
oh well, on to the next one

Aug 6, 2017 1:16 PM

so i am watching the gatari series in chronological order and not in airing order

so the serie was good it could've been better without that shitty ending: I didn't like those last 4-5 min at all.

8/10

ps :hanekawa is great and hot

Aug 16, 2017 6:02 PM

Kind of regret that I didn't watch this before Bakemonogatari but in hindsight there's no way I would have known. Shinobu was amazing as always + finally glad we got to see the context of what was previewed in Bakemono.
~

Sep 3, 2017 5:23 PM

And the rest was history.
Shortly afterwards, he meets Senjougahara.

I'm so glad we finally got actual insight into Araragi and Hanekawa's bizarre little friendship though. I guess there'll be even more nuance after I get to Kizumonogatari- he probably treasures her so much because she was the first person who helped him, and whom he helped in return. So even if he hates elements of her personality (her hypocrisy and secrecy), she'll always be the "perfect woman", because she was the first woman.
In fact, his monologues about Hanekawa are some of the most beautiful I've heard in the Monogatari series.

Now that I think about it, maybe Senjougahara feels similarly about Kaiki....and maybe that's why both her and Araragi get insecure an jealous around them- her with Hanekawa and him with Kaiki, even though they know deep down nothing could happen.
then there's the narrator reliability thing which I could talk about for hours lol

Ending was tinged with sadness tbh, especially with Hanekawa drawing Meddlecat back in; nothing's really been fixed but that's okay. Some things really can't be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 26, 2017 11:38 AM

Araragi spent the rest of his Golden Week kowtowing for Shinobu to help him with his Hanekawa problem like how to get rid of that Cursed Cat in her. Lmfao. Shinobu is so cute I can't. That's a very long-ass sword. What the fuck.

I completely understand Oshino-san's stance with Hanekawa, though, seriously if I were Hanekawa's "parents", I'll definitely lose my shit if I'm living with a self-righteous person like her. Araragi getting angry and wanting to kill Oshino-san for saying those words, though. Ohmygod.

Apparently, and correct me if I'm wrong, Hanekawa decided to have the Cursed Cat inside her because she wants to and she doesn't want to get rid of it AT ALL! It's like she lost her shit or something and wanting to hurt people for revenge or whatnot. Because she thinks people deserve to be in unfortunate situations just like her entire life.

When she fucking slice Araragi in half, maaan. What the fuck. What the fuck. How the fuck did he able to swallow that long-ass sword. What. What. What. Heck, he's a vampire, so it's possible. Hehehe.

SHINOBU SAVES THE DAY! SLAY, BABY, SLAY! SUCH A SHORT BADASS MOMENT JUST LIKE HER HEIGHT. HAHAHAHA. WHEN SHE REMOVED HER LEFT ARM AND JUST POUR BLOOD ON ARARAGI AND HIS HALF BODY GREW BACK. BADASS. BADASS. I love you, Shinobu! <3 Shinobu started wearing a helmet after that. "How am I supposed to pet her now?" Lmfaaoooo Araragi.

Kinda a good thing that Hanekawa didn't remember anything at all. I wonder why Araragi decided to stop loving her, though I know he still do since he mentioned to Mayoi that he loves Hanekawa, but he's dating Hitagi. Ugh. I guess he both love Hanekawa and Hitagi. Hehe.

I loved the last second because right after that is when he saw Hitagi falling. WAAAAAAAAH! BABIIIIIEEES! <3

This series pretty much answered all my questions I had while watching Bake and Nise. Ugh. This ended gloriously.

9/10
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Dec 16, 2017 5:37 PM

SHAFT/10, 9/10!

Onward to Monogatari 2nd Season
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-

Jan 4, 11:00 PM

How the hell did Araragi fit the sword inside of him lmao

Also Shinobu for the win, per usual, although I guess at this point this was one of the first times she was saving Araragi's ass
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Jan 23, 12:45 AM

much weaker monogatari season in my opinion.

This arc is damaged by too much weak, confusing exposition on the lore and the story.

Moreover, the loopy loopy metaphorical circles that were ran in these episodes to demonstrate Hanekawa's character feels like a waste of time when we've already had an arc with her in Bakemonogatari that is essentially composed of the same themes(family-estrangement and all that jazz).

A season that attempts to expand on the story in a character-driven series is bound to be weaker, but with a largely repeat-plot, this season *seriously* suffers.

(quick edit: i give it extra brownie points tho cuz i'm a sucker for the interesting animation style and existing universe)

5/10
Modified by Anthias, Jan 23, 12:58 AM

Sep 3, 3:14 PM

5/5

Amazing end of season. Now, let's go to SS...
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 7, 7:01 AM
when l started watching the monogatari series, l started with the Kizumonogatari and then l watched Nekomonogatari and tbh l'm pretty pissed that Araragi is not in love with Hanekawa. But overally l did enjoy the ride. 9/10

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]